BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Will in Italy., update
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
suggy
post 26th May 2006, 02:19 PM
Post #1
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 85

I know the figures won't be huge but he's just been released in Italy this week and here's the latest from Mrs. Puddleduck. biggrin.gif
these are for Keep On and Who Am I,
Just seen this, its #13 in the Italy Pop section now which is the same as UK Pop section. On UK Home Page KO is at #66 and WAI#33. In UK Pop section WAI is #9.

oops, forgot to put that these are downloads.

This post has been edited by suggy: 26th May 2006, 02:24 PM
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
truly talented
post 26th May 2006, 05:56 PM
Post #2
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 140

These foreign Itunes are so confusing.

KO is currently at #3 in the Pop genre on the Spanish Itunes but doesn't figure on the main chart yet Pink who is below him does. wacko.gif

The pattern is the same on the Italian site.

+Quote this post
Sweetwilliamfan
post 26th May 2006, 10:45 PM
Post #3
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 325

QUOTE(truly talented @ May 26 2006, 06:56 PM) *

These foreign Itunes are so confusing.

KO is currently at #3 in the Pop genre on the Spanish Itunes but doesn't figure on the main chart yet Pink who is below him does. wacko.gif

The pattern is the same on the Italian site.

How confusing huh.gif ..sounds Great..but wacko.gif

+Quote this post
LifeLight
post 27th May 2006, 09:34 AM
Post #4
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 19

The cd is out. The single ain't so easy to find, tho' sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif
Official charts will be published next week, but he's doing absolutely no promotion, so... sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif

LifeLight

+Quote this post
truly talented
post 27th May 2006, 10:02 AM
Post #5
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 140

QUOTE(LifeLight @ May 27 2006, 10:34 AM) *

Official charts will be published next week, but he's doing absolutely no promotion, so... sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif

LifeLight

Promotion does seem to be pretty scant in all the European countries. Wonder if he could perform at any of the Italian festivals over the summer. Will does seem to dislike endless tv promo,singing to backing tracks but he revels in performing on stage with the band.

This post has been edited by truly talented: 27th May 2006, 11:00 AM

+Quote this post
Marguerite
post 27th May 2006, 10:02 AM
Post #6
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 135

QUOTE(LifeLight @ May 27 2006, 10:34 AM) *

LifeLight

I think we were all expecting an all out European campaign. There's obviously been a change of plan, 'cos 1 appearance on German tv, 1 appearance on Dutch tv and a couple of magazine interviews, is hardly going to set Europe alight.

+Quote this post
LifeLight
post 27th May 2006, 10:06 AM
Post #7
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast

It's useless to release an album without a trce of promotion... the album does not sell and labels are not so keen to spend money on someone's not selling... ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif
Never seen the video on tv, too ! ohmy.gif

LifeLight

+Quote this post
Marguerite
post 27th May 2006, 10:27 AM
Post #8
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast

QUOTE(LifeLight @ May 27 2006, 11:06 AM) *

It's useless to release an album without a trce of promotion... the album does not sell and labels are not so keen to spend money on someone's not selling... ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif
Never seen the video on tv, too ! ohmy.gif

LifeLight

I think we all agree with you on this. I mean people are hardly likely to buy something that they don't even know is for sale are they? mad.gif

Really don't know what has happened, because it seemed that before Xmas, all concerned (Will, the label and his management) were eager to go to Europe. He's done 2/3 very successful showcases but I would imagine it's Will that's had a change of heart and kept it low key. Sony/BMG have been anxious for him to go to Europe since Fridays Child was released, so they're not likely to be the ones who have pulled out on the arrangement.

+Quote this post
suggy
post 27th May 2006, 10:40 AM
Post #9
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

QUOTE(Marguerite @ May 27 2006, 11:27 AM) *

I think we all agree with you on this. I mean people are hardly likely to buy something that they don't even know is for sale are they? mad.gif

Really don't know what has happened, because it seemed that before Xmas, all concerned (Will, the label and his management) were eager to go to Europe. He's done 2/3 very successful showcases but I would imagine it's Will that's had a change of heart and kept it low key. Sony/BMG have been anxious for him to go to Europe since Fridays Child was released, so they're not likely to be the ones who have pulled out on the arrangement.

I can't understand it either, maybe we'll find out something in the next few months as to why the plans seem to have been changed? If he's to have the kind of success he had in Italy three years ago he needs to get over there like he did before, oh well, off for another rummage in my cupboards, I've just found my Pop Idol final video. funky.gif

+Quote this post
lauraS
post 29th May 2006, 08:04 AM
Post #10
Group icon
New Entry
User: 134

All sounds a bit ominous to me.

Seems like Will's pulled out of the plans for Europe completely, can't understand why he bothered to go to Germany in the first place then. Can't imagine his record company are at all pleased.

+Quote this post
Marguerite
post 29th May 2006, 08:41 AM
Post #11
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast

QUOTE(lauraS @ May 29 2006, 09:07 AM) *

All sounds a bit ominous to me.

Seems like Will's pulled out of the plans for Europe completely, can't understand why he bothered to go to Germany in the first place then. Can't imagine his record company are at all pleased.

I don't expect his record company expected to hear him say that he was going to take a long break, do some acting and concentrate on other projects either Laura biggrin.gif

They may have a 1 album at a time deal with Will, which would mean they'd have no say in what he does inbetween, which seems highly likely.

Shame about the European promotion, but without the commitment necessary to promote, it's a waste of time even thinking he'll sell over there.

+Quote this post
chrysalis
post 29th May 2006, 09:16 AM
Post #12
Group icon
Meeeeeeeeeeeeeow
User: 209

Must admit I'm confused over the whole Europe thing, unless of course they have something up their sleeves we know nothing about.

As for a 1 album deal - I think his original record contract was very confining for him, and I've always assumed that when this finished a couple of years ago, he didn't want to be tied down so heavily again. And when he re-negotiated his record deal it was for 1 album only i.e. KO, (and for which he got an upfront advance of £500,000), thus leaving him free to do other things. Or am I still confused? confused.gif

+Quote this post
Marguerite
post 29th May 2006, 09:26 AM
Post #13
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast

No, I don't think you're confused biggrin.gif

Will has sold almost 3.5 million albums, which translates as a clear profit for his label of 3.5 million pounds. (Robbie reckons the label makes £1 per album profit wink.gif )A high percentage of artists signed to a label, lose them money, so, even though Sony/BMG probably think he could have made them loads more by going abroad long ago, they're still quids in by keeping him on board.

+Quote this post
LifeLight
post 29th May 2006, 11:04 AM
Post #14
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast

the LMF cover was so huge in Italy...
If they'd actually promoted KO, it would have done quite good sad.gif

LifeLight

+Quote this post
suggy
post 29th May 2006, 11:13 AM
Post #15
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

QUOTE(LifeLight @ May 29 2006, 12:07 PM) *

the LMF cover was so huge in Italy...
If they'd actually promoted KO, it would have done quite good sad.gif

LifeLight

Yes I agree Lifelight, but Will spent quite a lot of time over in Italy promoting, he went on Italian MTV and quite a few other shows and he also did about six big festival gigs, if he went over now for about a month I'm sure he'd do very well, but it looks like he has other plans and projects in mind.

+Quote this post
chrysalis
post 29th May 2006, 01:59 PM
Post #16
Group icon
Meeeeeeeeeeeeeow

QUOTE(Marguerite @ May 29 2006, 10:29 AM) *

No, I don't think you're confused biggrin.gif

Will has sold almost 3.5 million albums, which translates as a clear profit for his label of 3.5 million pounds. (Robbie reckons the label makes £1 per album profit wink.gif )A high percentage of artists signed to a label, lose them money, so, even though Sony/BMG probably think he could have made them loads more by going abroad long ago, they're still quids in by keeping him on board.

£1 clear profit per album doesn't seem to be much when you think of the RRP for an album. I agree albums are not always sold at the RRP, but even at a reduced price, I would have thought the record company would make sure their cut was more than that. I've always thought they got around £2.50.

+Quote this post
suggy
post 29th May 2006, 02:15 PM
Post #17
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

(Marguerite @ May 29 2006, 10:29 AM)

No, I don't think you're confused

Will has sold almost 3.5 million albums, which translates as a clear profit for his label of 3.5 million pounds. (Robbie reckons the label makes £1 per album profit )A high percentage of artists signed to a label, lose them money, so, even though Sony/BMG probably think he could have made them loads more by going abroad long ago, they're still quids in by keeping him on board.

QUOTE(chrysalis @ May 29 2006, 03:02 PM) *

£1 clear profit per album doesn't seem to be much when you think of the RRP for an album. I agree albums are not always sold at the RRP, but even at a reduced price, I would have thought the record company would make sure their cut was more than that. I've always thought they got around £2.50.

I'm sure it's around £3+ for the record company and about 60p for the artist with no writing credits and £1+ for the artist if you've written/ co-written on the album. The reason why groups like Westlife, Girls Aloud, G4 etc, tour so often is because they earn next to nothing from their music and don't forget it's all got to be split between them, if you're a successful solo artist and write/co-write your own stuff, you can get very rich.

+Quote this post
chrysalis
post 29th May 2006, 02:24 PM
Post #18
Group icon
Meeeeeeeeeeeeeow

I'm sure it's around £3+ for the record company

That sounds more like it Suggy. I just can't see the record company not going for the most amount they can get away with.

+Quote this post
Sweetwilliamfan
post 30th May 2006, 08:12 AM
Post #19
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 325

The label gets a much bigger cut than just a quid..much bigger..the artist gets a small percent if he only sings but doesnt write or co-write in which case he gets much more...where is JP when you need her?..she was a wizz on this stuff.. huh.gif
the European promotion seems to be kicking off nicely to me..lets give him a little time before we start dooming and glooming about it shall we?..this isn't Devoted you know laugh.gif

+Quote this post
munchkin
post 30th May 2006, 10:49 AM
Post #20
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 127

I think it's definitely Will who is controlling. If he has auditions for films in Europe and America he will have to be prepared to spend more than the two months he did on MHP if he's successful. Maybe it's a wait and see situation and he is not going to make long term music plans (he said he has to plan about a year in advance) if the role comes up for him.

I don't think he is after global fame anyway, he seems very content with the way things are going at the moment.

This post has been edited by munchkin: 30th May 2006, 10:49 AM

+Quote this post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 28th April 2024, 12:20 AM