BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Queen and Freddie Mercury appreciation thread
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Ricky
post 31st May 2006, 07:12 PM
Post #1
Group icon
what you just said; I am already forgetting - Lena
User: 18

We have no threads about Queen blink.gif

So all things Queen can go here.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
elpresrocket
post 31st May 2006, 07:26 PM
Post #2
Group icon
"...My Name Is Prince, And I Am Funky...."
User: 154

Queens best song: Fight from the inside (Sung by roger taylor, and all instryments by roger)
Queens worst song:bohemian rhapsody too overaitred

Noone knows as much about queen as me....

+Quote this post
thisispop
post 31st May 2006, 07:43 PM
Post #3
Group icon
I've got an iPod classic and I'm gonna use it!
User: 72

They were the Robbie Williams of their day.

They were great live, & made a lot of good records, but they possessed not one iota of originality.

They ripped off Opera, Led Zeppelin & their ever so original multi-tracked harmonies, which everyone gives them credit for was done first & better by the superior 10cc.

They certainly do not deserve to be regarded as the second greatest band of all-time (behind The Beatles).

While they did not deserve an automatic entry in the UK Hall Of Fame, especially when you consider their un-innovative output compared to David Bowie.

Finally, the music industry seems to have conveniently forgotten that they were the last Western Rock Band to break the South African embargo when they played Sun City in 1986, which Freddie Mercury infamously justified because "Nelson Mandela was a terrorist and the ANC are no better than the IRA", but hey that was Okay because everybody loves Queen and they were brilliant at Live Aid, weren't they?

+Quote this post
Josh
post 31st May 2006, 07:59 PM
Post #4
Group icon
✌🏻️
User: 43

best song: bohemian rhapsody tongue.gif
worst song - none, not that i can think of..

it's a real shame that freddie died, if he was still alive they would probaly still be performing today!

+Quote this post
thisispop
post 31st May 2006, 08:14 PM
Post #5
Group icon

My Top10 Queen Songs:

1. Don't Stop Me Now
2. Brighton Rock
3. I Want To Break Free
4. Killer Queen
5. Radio GaGa
6. You're My Best Friend
7. Killer Queen
8. Rain Must Fall
9. Who Wants To Live Forever
10. We Are The Champions

Worst:

No One But You
We Will Rock You (with 5ive)
or
Another One Bites The Dust (with Wyclef Jean & Pras)

+Quote this post
Tilly
post 31st May 2006, 09:07 PM
Post #6
Group icon
I just can't help believin'
User: 191

I'm a big fan of Queen and have to say that so many top bands and musicians that followed have credited Queen as their inspiration.
No one can deny that Freddie was the ultimate showman! There was talk a few years ago of Robbie Williams taking vocals with Queen and personally, I was glad that this never happened, as, as good as Robbie is, there was no way he could take Freddie's place. For one thing, as many of the performers at the Freddie Mercury Tribute Concert in 1992 found, Freddie had a wide vocal range, which they, and I'm sure Robbie would have found, impossible to copy.

Last year, Paul Rodgers toured with Brian and Roger and took lead vocals for about half the songs. I was initially, a bit reluctant to go, as for me Queen are not Queen without Freddie and bassist, John Deacon, but I have to confess that they were fantastic! thumbup.gif He never tried to be Freddie!

Oh, and my fave Queen song has to be Don't Stop Me Now tongue.gif

+Quote this post
Mushymanrob
post 1st June 2006, 06:40 AM
Post #7
Group icon
im all clares!
User: 5

QUOTE(thisispop @ May 31 2006, 08:46 PM) *

They were great live, & made a lot of good records, but they possessed not one iota of originality.

They ripped off Opera, Led Zeppelin & their ever so original multi-tracked harmonies, which everyone gives them credit for was done first & better by the superior 10cc.

They certainly do not deserve to be regarded as the second greatest band of all-time (behind The Beatles).

While they did not deserve an automatic entry in the UK Hall Of Fame, especially when you consider their un-innovative output compared to David Bowie.

Finally, the music industry seems to have conveniently forgotten that they were the last Western Rock Band to break the South African embargo when they played Sun City in 1986, which Freddie Mercury infamously justified because "Nelson Mandela was a terrorist and the ANC are no better than the IRA", but hey that was Okay because everybody loves Queen and they were brilliant at Live Aid, weren't they?

i have to agree with you 100% smile.gif. good post.

i never liked queen at all.... 'show must go on' though was their only track that i remotely liked.

+Quote this post
findingout
post 2nd June 2006, 02:25 PM
Post #8
Group icon
BuzzJack Regular
User: 342

The best bit about Queen is they were booked on the Bill Grundy Show but were forced to cancel so Bill got another up and coming band to replace them ......THE SEX PISTOLS cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif

+Quote this post
thisispop
post 2nd June 2006, 07:57 PM
Post #9
Group icon

They got their first UK TV appearance when David Bowie pulled out of a show at short notice, so they replaced him to perform Seven Seas Of Rhye.

+Quote this post
De Niro
post 2nd June 2006, 09:39 PM
Post #10
Group icon
"God have mercy on the man who doubts what he's sure of
User: 254

I think they were a great band with a very large collection of great tunes. yahoo.gif They were brilliant musicians as well and Freddie was an outstanding performer thumbup.gif

+Quote this post
findingout
post 3rd June 2006, 09:05 AM
Post #11
Group icon
BuzzJack Regular
User: 342

Best Album-Queen Two

Best Track-March of the Black Queen

Worst Album-Hot Space

Worst Track-Innuendo

+Quote this post
GRIMLY FIENDISH
post 3rd June 2006, 09:22 AM
Post #12
Group icon
Always wear a clean pair of knickers, cos you never know when th
User: 190

QUOTE(thisispop @ May 31 2006, 08:46 PM) *

I'd agree totally with that, Brian May compared to Tommy Iommi, Hendrix, Blackmore or Page is a rather second-rate and unoriginal guitarist IMO... Mercury's comments on Mandela were utterly despicable, clearly the opinions of an ignorant man who knew nothing about the issue of Apartheid, or the fact that the ANC represented the majority of South Africans, therefore are about as much terrorists as the French or Czech resistance during the Nazi occupation....

No, it's safe to say I despise Queen, and their ridiculous pomp and worship of royalty.....

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 28th April 2024, 12:28 AM