BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
> 

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Big Brother USA - Previous Seasons Discussion, Rewatch, Rankings, Previous Season Discussion (Spoilers Ahead!)
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Aaron.
post 12th October 2023, 07:49 PM
Post #1
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 3,245

I’ll clean this post up over time, but an opportunity to discuss previous seasons, re-watches and rankings of previous seasons, players ect.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Aaron.
post 12th October 2023, 07:50 PM
Post #2
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

IT WAS DANIELE!!!!

+Quote this post
Aaron.
post 20th October 2023, 08:31 PM
Post #3
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

Spoiler: she’s still a racist!

+Quote this post
JosephBoone
post 20th October 2023, 10:38 PM
Post #4
Group icon
you never forget your first time...
Pronouns: he/him
User: 13,530

Putting her racism down as joking, trying to flip the narrative by referring to her age and competition wins... girl I knew not to be racist long before I was 22, grow up

+Quote this post
Aaron.
post 21st November 2023, 06:03 PM
Post #5
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

How am I just seeing this now (it’s from the 20th Anniversary Special)
ALEX BB9, Danielle Reyes, Helen Kim, JEN!!!, Lisa!!!

+Quote this post
Riser
post 22nd November 2023, 03:42 AM
Post #6
Group icon
The horrors persist, but so do I
User: 19,534

QUOTE(Aaron. @ Nov 21 2023, 01:03 PM) *

How am I just seeing this now (it’s from the 20th Anniversary Special)
ALEX BB9, Danielle Reyes, Helen Kim, JEN!!!, Lisa!!!
Is that really legit?? It looks photoshopped to me ohmy.gif

+Quote this post
Aaron.
post 22nd November 2023, 06:11 PM
Post #7
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

The people on the floor definitely look edited it, it may just be the lighting (and not to say others weren’t edited into the photo) but it’s legit! They could have put a lot more into that special by the looks of it.

(Also why is Chef Joe looking fine… lmao)

+Quote this post
Aaron.
post 24th November 2023, 05:29 AM
Post #8
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

Big Brother 6 (!) and Big Brother 17 will be coming to Netflix December 2nd.
Likely just for the United States. I know they recently added 2 other seasons, however, nothing available in Canada.
Hopefully this will lead to broader licensing deals.

+Quote this post
Aaron.
post 2nd December 2023, 10:52 PM
Post #9
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

Aaron's 2023 Big Brother Rewatches

I occasionally go back and re-watch previous seasons of Big Brother - a few thoughts on my rewatches this year!

Big Brother 3: So this is a required annual rewatch for me. This is my comfort Big Brother season. Is it the best in terms of gameplay, casting, and twists? Absolutely not. But this season started my obsession with Big Brother and I was addicted to the Live Feeds as well. There are likely two from this season that I would put in my Top 25 Big Brother Players, and they would be Danielle and Amy. Amy I was OBSESSED with. I shouldn't say the casting was terrible because it wasn't. The only three duds this season were Tonya, Josh, and Gerry - and I can make cases to why Gerry and Josh weren't that bad.

Early Season: a few alliances start at the beginning of the game, there was the "Cool Kids" alliance (Tonya, Lisa, Chiara, Roddy, Josh, Eric) which had kicked out Gerry and Amy. A very shakey alliance, mostly formed by social relationships. However, Danielle and Jason cement one of the best duo alliances of all time. The only shock in the early part of this season was that Gerry was a sneak comp beast. The predictable people go first. Lori, Tonya, Amy (cry.gif). But the game really started to open up when Gerry won that HOH and put Lisa and Eric on the block. This week was absolutely massive, it exposed a lot of the house and ultimately Chiara turned on Lisa while Jason appeared to be wishy-washy with his word. I appreciate Gerry and the bold move he made.

Mid Season: This mid-season was off the hook. Chiara had just turned her back on Lisa. Danielle influenced the last vote and secured Lisa as an ally. Roddy and Chiara win and try to save face by pinning everything on Josh destroying their games and numbers in the process, while Danielle just laughed in victory. After this, however. AMY RETURNS. I still remember how floored and happy I was - but she IMMEDIATELY WINS HOH!!! I really wish Amy was working with Chiara and Roddy however, I loved (pretty much) everyone at this point, and although I will always love Amy.. I also really like Chiara. Plus Roddy is an absolute STUD. I honestly still walk around to this date and imitate Chaira and her vote to evict umm--- *looks to the side and slides hair behind ears* Lisa. It was a bit predictable from here as well.. Chiara, Gerry and Roddy all out next. Jason was an absolute sweetheart (and still VERY involved in the BB Community) but his inability to get Roddy out when he was HOH was disappointing to watch.

End Game: One of the best Final 5's, I loved them all. Marcellas is one of the most influential gay men in my life, I realized I was gay while this season was airing so to see someone like Marcellas on the screen was amazing for me. I was a different person however after Danielle turned on him. I wasn't really expecting it. It was so cold. The first truly ruthless move in US Big Brother. I also miss the Luxury and Food Challenges they had in the early seasons. So basic like putting shapes into a cage and of course they only had to eat PB&J. I still can't believe Amy placed Top 4 - it was a miracle. Thank you Danielle for dragging her along.

Final 2: So it came down to Danielle v Lisa. I can't believe our first (and second) Female F2s came so early in the franchise. ICONIC. What was also iconic was that every housemate was a juror and wasn't sequestered, and Danielle was absolutely savage (and took it to a personal level) in the Diary Room, so of COURSE she lost. Changes were made, but would have Danielle won in a sequestered jury?

Jason: Danielle
Amy: Danielle (100% she changed her vote from Danielle to Lisa due to the pressure of nobody voting for Danielle. Amy was one of Danielle's strongest advocates.)
Marcellas: Lisa (I don't think he votes for Danielle. He was so salty for YEARS.)
Roddy: Lisa (Lisa was at least loyal)
Gerry: Danielle
Chiara: Danielle
Josh: Danielle

So yeah. Maybe Danielle does win? I haven't given this any thought until this moment.
Gerry and Josh were also very pro-Danielle. I however also don't see Chiara and Roddy voting differently, but, I also don't see Chiara voting for Lisa to win in a truly sequestered jury.

Up Next: Big Brother 4.

+Quote this post
Aaron.
post 2nd March 2024, 07:18 PM
Post #10
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

Warning: these are quite hard lmao

+Quote this post
Aaron.
post 12th April 2024, 05:58 PM
Post #11
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

I’m hoping it was Kevin rightfully dragging Jeff.
They continued giving him a platform after his season(s) which always pissed me off.

+Quote this post
Scene
post 13th April 2024, 06:14 AM
Post #12
Group icon
Baby Reindeer
User: 5,567

What was the deal with Jeff?

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 13th April 2024, 11:04 AM
Post #13
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
User: 10,139

QUOTE(Scene @ Apr 13 2024, 07:14 AM) *
What was the deal with Jeff?

He was super homophobic, I think it was his second season he basically said Dumbledore being gay in Harry Potter was like being a p**** and it was wrong for all these kids to be at boarding school with a gay man in charge

+Quote this post
Scene
post 14th April 2024, 07:55 AM
Post #14
Group icon
Baby Reindeer
User: 5,567

QUOTE(Liаm @ Apr 13 2024, 12:04 PM) *
He was super homophobic, I think it was his second season he basically said Dumbledore being gay in Harry Potter was like being a p**** and it was wrong for all these kids to be at boarding school with a gay man in charge

Oh I never knew that. Did he ever take accountability? Shame as I always liked Jeff from the HL shows. I guess the producers did a fantastic job at editing. sleep.gif

+Quote this post
Aaron.
post 17th April 2024, 03:04 PM
Post #15
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

Paulie Calafiore has had one of my favourite post-BB Season glow-ups.
He was TRASH on Big Brother.
He was TRASH on The Challenge and got himself banned.

However he’s put in sooooo much work on himself and is now starting to share and open up. Great to see he’s with such an amazing supportive partner.

Also. He’s a bit of a ho on his Social Media laugh.gif but for me Paulie > Cody anyday.

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 17th April 2024, 07:15 PM
Post #16
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
User: 10,139

QUOTE(Scene @ Apr 14 2024, 08:55 AM) *
Oh I never knew that. Did he ever take accountability? Shame as I always liked Jeff from the HL shows. I guess the producers did a fantastic job at editing. sleep.gif

Nope, doubled down on it and is complete Trump stan trash, but he was always a production fave and tbh still is

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 27th April 2024, 05:13 AM