BuzzJack

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)
If you have forgotten your password and a recovery email has not arrived, please click here to send us an email.

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Keisha talks Sweet 7/Heidi & Amelle/ Polydor and more
Track this thread | Email this thread | Print this thread | Download this thread | Subscribe to this forum
Slayer
post 2nd March 2023, 12:49 AM
Post #1
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 120,499

Keisha said they are working on getting The Lost Tapes out on Vinyl.

Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Liam.k.
post 2nd March 2023, 04:31 AM
Post #2
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
User: 12,472

I love her thoughts on ‘Sweet 7’. Don’t hold back girl! laugh.gif

I really want ‘The Lost Tapes’ on vinyl, that really would be a dream. I hope the girls can make it happen.

+Quote this post
Sacred3
post 2nd March 2023, 05:48 AM
Post #3
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 150,421

Wish people would get the F over Amelle and Heidi. Gays love to make bs out of nothing

+Quote this post
Impossible Fever
post 2nd March 2023, 06:25 AM
Post #4
Group icon
---
User: 17,418

At least she was honest re: Sweet 7.

+Quote this post
tommie
post 2nd March 2023, 09:57 AM
Post #5
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 8,073

Nobody's really surprised about her feelings about Sweet 7 - even if we put aside the quality of the tracks, it's obvious it wasn't a fun or creative process. I don't believe they even worked with the actual producers of most of the tracks, but associates. Being asked if they could do harmonies must've been soul-killing.

+Quote this post
Silas
post 2nd March 2023, 11:47 AM
Post #6
Group icon
Queen of Soon
User: 3,474

I could see Keisha’s absolute loathing of Sweet 7 being basically the reason she was booted and for tensions if she was the only one who felt so strongly about it being unacceptable

Very interesting that she mentions that legally the Sugababes name was always theirs it was just a matter of Copyright. That means it’s crown who have stood in the way for a long time. I remember she did take crown to court not long after and then at that point 4.0 just vanished off the face of the earth. Joining some dots, you wonder if she won the legal rights to the name and that was part of the reason 4.0 never actually did anything. Because they had no ownership of the brand any more (plus no one actually wanted them)

+Quote this post
tommie
post 2nd March 2023, 12:40 PM
Post #7
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 8,073

QUOTE(Silas @ Mar 2 2023, 12:47 PM) *
Very interesting that she mentions that legally the Sugababes name was always theirs it was just a matter of Copyright. That means it’s crown who have stood in the way for a long time. I remember she did take crown to court not long after and then at that point 4.0 just vanished off the face of the earth. Joining some dots, you wonder if she won the legal rights to the name and that was part of the reason 4.0 never actually did anything. Because they had no ownership of the brand any more (plus no one actually wanted them)

To be fair, from memory 4.0 had only signed a one single deal with Sony with the option for more - obviously, with Freedom basically being given away they weren't interested in the "more" part and 4.0 just did all their booked gigs and then more or less split unofficially. I believe a huge part of the contention in these cases are who the active group is - ie if 4.0 had continued they might've still had the right to use the name because of their continued use of it, but since they ceased the rights went back to 1.0; the issue was always on proving that 4.0 had stopped using the name actively. I think that's why we had that weird report about 4.0 supposedly touring Europe in 2014/15; it was a last ditch effort by Crown to prove that the group was still active. 1.0 might have always had the rights to use the name for things like performances though, see "S Club" in their various forms despite Fuller owning the brand.

That's just my very rudimentary understanding of the issue, I'm certainly not a lawyer.

+Quote this post
Nina West
post 2nd March 2023, 02:14 PM
Post #8
Group icon
We're all Glitter and Tears in the Moonlight...
User: 19,846

This was a fantastic video thanks for posting. Loved her single picks for 'The Lost Tapes', 'Drum' & 'The Beat Is Gone' both are killer standouts. I agree with her views on 'Sweet 7' it was such a godawful record & NOT a Sugababes album, an abomination from start to finish & incredibly dated. I bet she's glad that her face wasn't on it & glad we didn't get another album of 'Heidi/Amelle/Jade' lineup as judging from 'Freedom' it would have been dire, faceless, soulless & vapid & again I cannot stress this enough, NOT a Sugababes album as even 'S7' didn't deserve to have their names on it.

+Quote this post
ˇMike Rotch!
post 2nd March 2023, 02:26 PM
Post #9
Group icon
Buffy/Charmed
User: 18,639

Ahhh, that's why she went on thr attack back when Too Sexy was releaswd, fifhtinf sith fans who said it sounded desperate and not like Sugababes - 'cos she agreed and was very insecure about it!!

+Quote this post
Silas
post 3rd March 2023, 01:01 PM
Post #10
Group icon
Queen of Soon
User: 3,474

Watching this again there’s so many non-S7 shade highlights

Very interesting that it seems to be that Glasto really opened the floodgates for them. A critically acclaimed set that shut down a field in a Glasto first is incredible. Shame that’s what it took to open eyes to what we as Stan’s all knew but still great to see them getting booked

+Quote this post
dancinqueen
post 5th March 2023, 12:10 PM
Post #11
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 95,682

I gagged. What a Kween.

1. Love that she said what she said about that project. That album should be removed from Spotify as none of the original members who came up with the name are there.
2. The Heidi reference. She basically said what we all knew. Little miss sunshine did play her part in kicking Keisha out of the group. Glad she’s moved on and they don’t hate each other.
3. She’s the Moment.

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 25th September 2024, 05:03 AM