BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> The Father | Awards Contender, Starring: Anthony Hopkins & Olivia Colman
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Tafty³³³
post 4th April 2021, 12:05 AM
Post #1
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 5,042

Anthony Hopkins is the clear favourite to win the Best Leading Actor award at the Oscars for this.

"A man refuses all assistance from his daughter as he ages. As he tries to make sense of his changing circumstances, he begins to doubt his loved ones, his own mind and even the fabric of his reality."

Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post 4th April 2021, 12:12 AM
Post #2
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 5,042

I watched this earlier today and WOW. Incredibly powerful, raw and emotional. I was expecting one of those dramas that was award-baity but for whatever reason didn't really "click" for me so I'd end up giving it a 2.5 or 3 out of 5 (on my Letterboxd) or something. But this was so much more than being a generic drama.

Anthony Hopkins... just as you think he couldn't possibly give yet another "career defining performance" and he does this!? Just magnificent. Olivia Colman is absolutely PERFECT in this too. I'm genuinely stunned at how much I loved this when I was expecting it to be just bland and generic... Highly recommend! Brilliant.

+Quote this post
Nightcrawler
post 4th April 2021, 09:19 AM
Post #3
Group icon
All I need is the air I breathe and a place to rest my head.
User: 1,109

I really want to see this but didn't know it was out yet. Where did you watch it, Jonjo?

+Quote this post
Jαsє
post 24th April 2021, 10:04 PM
Post #4
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 14,043

Anthony Hopkins almost had me ugly crying at one point. What an incredible film.

+Quote this post
Chez Wombat
post 24th April 2021, 10:48 PM
Post #5
Group icon
The owls are not what they seem
Pronouns: He/him
User: 9,232

One of the best of the Best Picture nominees for sure, and certainly the best acted one. Like I said in the other thread, I very nearly skipped it as the subject is quite close to home for me, but as heartbreaking as it was, they really got the portrayal of it spot on, it was a really innovative move making everything out of order and unclear who was who, really made you empathise fully.

I usually don't really like play adaptations into films as...well, they look too much like plays lol (see Fences, Ma Rainey... and One Night in Miami), but this actually translated really well despite the static locations.

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 26th April 2024, 08:26 PM