BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
> -
5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> The Actual Top 40 Jameela Jamil Moments: Part 2, after 2 parts, it's STILL here!
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Brer
post Jan 20 2015, 08:54 PM
Post #21
Group icon
I'll just stick around and do some more damage
User: 8,300
Go and meet him in a café in Paris then jameela.jpg
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
JosephBoone
post Jan 20 2015, 09:06 PM
Post #22
Group icon
you never forget your first time...
Pronouns: he/him
User: 13,530
40. “last EVER Wednesday”

As many of us know, Jameela didn't just present the Official Chart on a Sunday, but also the Official Chart Update from 3:30-4 with Scott Mills every Wednesday. Her last show happened on the 14th January, with Matt Edmondson in for Scott. She explained that it was her "last EVER Wednesday". Part of me wanted to cry, another part laughed because without realising it, she's made a pun on her own catchphrase, "first EVER" heehee.gif

---------------------------------

39. Band Aid 30

Band Aid 30 was the 30th anniversary recording of the Christmas classic Do They Know It's Christmas?, arranged by Sir Bob "Motormouth" Geldof and featuring the likes of One Direction, Ed Sheeran, Jessie Ware, Zoella jameela.jpg and Sam Smith on the track, as well as "WEST AFRICAAAAAHHHHHHH" singer Seal. Jameela seemed quite amused at the fact Seal was on the track, saying "nice to know that Seal's still around"!

38. The Official Cart

We all have the occasional slip of the tongue, don't we? It's no big deal and most of the time it's forgotten about within seconds. One that particularly caught my ear, however, was Jameela saying "the Official Cart" instead of Chart. Just had images of shopping trolleys in my head. Fun times.

37. MAGIC!

MAGIC!'s debut hit Rude was around in the chart for a long time, as we all know, and it was one of Jameela's favourites to take the mick out of, with many different comments each week, as you'd expect from her! One of my personal favourites, however, is "I wouldn’t want my daughter to marry him" laugh.gif The song is written as if the listener disagrees with the girlfriend's father in the song, but Jameela of course goes against that heehee.gif

36. Alice Levine

Apparently, Alice Levine and Jameela sound alike. Not something I actually noticed myself but we'll go with the flow heehee.gif Jameela decided to blame Alice for any cock-ups she made by quickly saying "this is Alice Levine, in for Jameela Jamil, on BBC Radio 1". Oh Jameela heart.gif

+Quote this post
HarryBorelli
post Jan 20 2015, 09:52 PM
Post #23
Group icon
The Lady Said Go Home!
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 20,835
Forgot about the Seal one laugh.gif, The Alice Levine thing was so funny and I also don't think their voices sound a like. Cant wait for more Jameela moments biggrin.gif

+Quote this post
danG
post Jan 21 2015, 07:50 AM
Post #24
Group icon
🔥🚀🔥
User: 11,746
was just listening to R1 as I'm getting dressed and there's a chart competition to see Ed Sheeran, the question to get in was 'what was Ed Sheeran's first EVER #1?'

ha legacy lives on

it's still open for another few minutes, the answer is CHARTC if I remember right

+Quote this post
AcerBen
post Jan 21 2015, 01:17 PM
Post #25
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 3,429
So they are still doing the Wednesday update on R1? I wondered if they had scrapped it because now at the start of Sunday's show they refer to last week's chart. I guess they realised it was a bit silly spoiling the result at the top of the show.

+Quote this post
Cameron
post Jan 21 2015, 07:15 PM
Post #26
Group icon
THE BLAZE *.*
User: 18,061
Iconic:

+Quote this post
JosephBoone
post Jan 21 2015, 07:36 PM
Post #27
Group icon
35. Let It Go big note

There are a few points about Let It Go across the whole countdown, and the first of which is right here, in fact it comes from Jameela's final show on the Sunday just gone. As it got to the final chorus, Jameela said, over the top of the song, exactly what we were all thinking. Yes, that's right, "oh Jesus" laugh.gif

34. "tens of thousands of singles have been bought"

The big #1 reveal at the end of the show always sees the chart presenter, Jameela or not, building a lot of unnecessary tension. Jameela often liked to reference the midweek #1, before reminding us that "tens of thousands of singles have been bought" since then. Who'd have thought it? jameela.jpg

33. Adam Levine

Just for pure lols, this had to be included. When talking about Maroon 5 one week, Jameela informed us that "Adam Levine scares me" laugh.gif YOU GO GIRL.

32. Dangerous remix

Jameela was introducing Dangerous by David Guetta featuring Sam Martin in her second last week on the chart, saying that an official remix exists featuring T.I. and Chris Brown. After this, she made the remark "just what we need on the radio, MORE Chris Brown!" Ohhh the truth tea!

31. SCREAM

Jameela discovered a scream sound that she could play during her second last week, which got an extremely amusing use in the opening instrumental of All of Me, summing her feelings of the track up quite succinctly... laugh.gif

+Quote this post
JosephBoone
post Jan 21 2015, 07:37 PM
Post #28
Group icon
Here's your 40 through to 31 jameela.jpg

31. Playing the scream sound at the beginning of All of Me
32. “just what we need on the radio, MORE Chris Brown!” – Dangerous remix
33. “Adam Levine scares me”
34. “tens of thousands of singles have been bought”
35. “oh Jesus” – Let It Go big note
36. Blaming Alice Levine for any mistakes she makes
37. “I wouldn’t want my daughter to marry him” – Rude
38. “The Official Cart”
39. “nice to know that Seal's still around” – Band Aid 30
40. “last EVER Wednesday” :’(

+Quote this post
T83:Y96
post Jan 22 2015, 09:04 AM
Post #29
Group icon
My mother said, to get things done, you better not mess with Maj
User: 21,319
I HATED the scream sound at the beginning of All Of Me. I hoped all week she wouldn't use it again on her final show.

+Quote this post
AcerBen
post Jan 22 2015, 01:42 PM
Post #30
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 3,429
Jameela actually says "tens AND thousands", which is completely wrong

+Quote this post
JosephBoone
post Jan 22 2015, 01:43 PM
Post #31
Group icon
From my experience, she's said both heehee.gif

+Quote this post
N-S
post Jan 22 2015, 09:15 PM
Post #32
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 816
QUOTE(JosephJamil @ Jan 20 2015, 09:06 PM) *

37. MAGIC!

MAGIC!'s debut hit Rude was around in the chart for a long time, as we all know, and it was one of Jameela's favourites to take the mick out of, with many different comments each week, as you'd expect from her! One of my personal favourites, however, is "I wouldn’t want my daughter to marry him" laugh.gif The song is written as if the listener disagrees with the girlfriend's father in the song, but Jameela of course goes against that heehee.gif

She once also got more specific, saying "Maybe the guy isn't letting you marry his daughter because you're wearing a beeny with a suit!"

+Quote this post
JosephBoone
post Jan 25 2015, 06:03 PM
Post #33
Group icon
30. Let It Go...again

Let It Go hung around like a fart in a lift in the top 40 jameela.jpg (more on that later) and it left us all wondering when it would leave the top 40, Jameela included. "I'm really keen to see if this song lasts longer than I do", she said one week laugh.gif What makes it even more amusing though is that it actually left the chart WITH Jameela laugh.gif!!

29. Mistakes

It's almost as if Jameela has seen this countdown before, she said in her final week that "mistakes have become my niche" ohmy.gif The funny thing is, she's right kink.gif It's why we love her heart.gif

28. Anaconda

Nicki Minaj released the second single from third album The Pinkprint last year, a song about big butts called Anaconda. Jameela picked up on this of course, as well as Meghan Trainor's All About That Bass being #1 at the time, and pondered "I wonder if someone out there’s first word is BUTT" laugh.gif

27. Travie McCoy

Thanks to his feature on Olly Murs' Wrapped Up, Jameela told us every week where we might know him from - his song Billionaire with Bruno Mars as well as being part of Gym Class Heroes. However, on her final week, she added something a little more juicy - the fact that he's had "sexy times" with Katy Perry ohmy.gif

26. Mariah Carey

IIIIIIIII DON'T WANT A LOT FOOOOOOOR CHRISTMASSSS

Yes, Queen Mariah Carey slays the charts every December with her classic, anthem of a generation, All I Want For Christmas Is You. There may be some silly people out there who prefer The Pogues and their 19p promotional tactics, but Jameela knows who's best. She described AIWFCIY as "everyone’s favourite Christmas song". G'won, Jam *.*

+Quote this post
JosephBoone
post Feb 3 2015, 05:01 PM
Post #34
Group icon
Oops I did forget this ph34r.gif Let's continue...

25. James Bay

James Bay won the BRITs Critics' Choice award for 2015, and this was being discussed by Jameela and Matt Edmonson on the Official Chart Update the week Hold Back the River entered the chart. This conversation happened:

Matt Edmonson: he has another song, called Let It Go, don't worry Jam, it's not that one
Jameela: I panicked.

laugh.gif

24. Wench

In Jameela's last show, new host Clara Amfo claimed that Jameela could sing! To which Jameela replied "You’re a liar and a wench! Speaking of wenches, here’s Taylor Swift!" and played Blank Space laugh.gif

23. Sing

As well as it being Ed Sheeran's first EVER #1 jameela.jpg Sing became a huge long runner for Ed, partly thanks to streaming. Jameela picked up on this and described it a couple of times as hanging around like a "fart in a lift" laugh.gif

22. Jealous

mr_aly favourite, Jealous by Labrinth, proved to be a good source of Jameelaisms, and I've clumped them all together for this countdown. Firstly, Jameela recommended that people hug their sofas while the song is on laugh.gif During another week, she mentioned that it's a very emotional song and if you're going through a break-up, you should "go for a wee, on me". Realising what she just said, she quickly said "NO, NOT ON ME, that came out wrong!". Oh Jameela wub.gif Also, let's not forget her own rendition of the track - "I'm jealous of Lorraine", where she thinks of Lorraine Kelly. Awww.

21. IDINA AGAIN

Yes, Jameela doesn't like Idina Menzel, I know you all get that by now heehee.gif It brought many Jameela moments though, including this rather fabulous quote: "well done Idina, you have broken some kind of record out there, for the most amount of weeks in my official chart, although it's not even mine, it's yours!". They missed a trick not renaming it to "Jameela's Official Chart feat. Idina Menzel" tbh.

+Quote this post
JosephBoone
post Feb 3 2015, 05:02 PM
Post #35
Group icon
Here's your 30 through to 21 jameela.jpg

21. "well done Idina, you have broken some kind of record out there, for the most amount of weeks in my official chart, although it's not even mine, it's yours!"
22. “HUG YOUR SOFA” // “go for a wee, on me, NO NOT ON ME, that came out wrong!” // “I’m jealous of Lorraine, then I think of Lorraine Kelly” – Jealous
23. “fart in a lift” – Sing
24. “You’re a liar and a wench! Speaking of wenches, here’s Taylor Swift!” – Clara claiming Jameela can sing
25. re. James Bay
Matt Edmonson: he has another song, called Let It Go, don't worry Jam, it's not that one
Jameela: I panicked.
26. “everyone’s favourite Christmas song” – Mariah
27. Travie McCoy – Billionaire and Gym Class Heroes (and “sexy times” with Katy Perry)
28. “I wonder if someone out there’s first word is BUTT” - Anaconda
29. “mistakes have become my niche”
30. “I'm really keen to see if this song lasts longer than I do” – Let It Go

Oh and have we all seen the news that Jameela is participating in the COMIC RELIEF BAKE OFF???!!?!?!!?!!!!!

+Quote this post
Riser
post Feb 3 2015, 09:42 PM
Post #36
Group icon
The horrors persist, but so do I
User: 19,534
QUOTE(JosephStyles @ Feb 3 2015, 12:01 PM) *
They missed a trick not renaming it to "Jameela's Official Chart feat. Idina Menzel" tbh.

*Actual Chart heehee.gif

+Quote this post
JosephBoone
post Feb 3 2015, 09:43 PM
Post #37
Group icon
QUOTE(Riser @ Feb 3 2015, 09:42 PM) *
*Actual Chart heehee.gif

Of course *.* How could I forget jameela.jpg

+Quote this post
-0-0
post Feb 3 2015, 09:45 PM
Post #38
Group icon
🙄
User: 10,643
I VETO MY NAME BEING MENTIONED IN THIS COUNTDOWN.

+Quote this post
JosephBoone
post Feb 3 2015, 09:46 PM
Post #39
Group icon
QUOTE(Wall-e @ Feb 3 2015, 09:45 PM) *
I VETO MY NAME BEING MENTIONED IN THIS COUNTDOWN.

You have no power over this countdown happy.gif

+Quote this post
Juranamo
post Feb 3 2015, 10:16 PM
Post #40
Group icon
"Everything seems different the second time around."
User: 5,830
Jameela doing Bake Off!!!1!!! *.*

+Quote this post

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 11:14 AM