BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
> Personal Charts

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Jupiter 2017: Week #46, *incomprehensible chorus noises* // +links +writeup
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
J00prstar
post Nov 16 2017, 12:37 PM
Post #1
Group icon
there's nothing straight about plump Elvis
Pronouns: they/any
User: 22,895
Second week of November sees some rebounds from tracks that were dropping, and a sea-change at the top as Rita Ora takes #1 from ROZES - perhaps before repeating the feat in the official chart? It's Rita's first #1 for me in her career, and is a track that's won me right over despite initially being lukewarm on it...that breakdown hook x_x. Last week's leader by ROZES slips to #9, still a fifth week running in the top 10. Elsewhere in the chart, Cardi B scores a double in the top ten, and Jhene Aiko lands another top ten from recent album Trip, here with the title track featuring Mali Music. It's a brand new entry this week.

New entries this week additionally come from the aforementioned Cardi B alongside G-Eazy, Haschak Sisters, my surprise top pointer in the BJSC100 semi, Sanjoy featuring Macy Kate, ANNALIA, Taylor Swift, Steps, POOLCLVB, M0, The XX, Lil Uzi Vert with a chart debut, No Vacation, Loveless, Fickle Friends, Lady Antebellum, MUNA, and a second re-entry for Camila Cabello's Havana na na na. It is damn catchy, I'll admit it. Stefflon Don also sticks around for another week, although is finally out of the top 20.

All new entries should be getting individual video links and a bit of commentary later on in the week, so check back and that’ll save you having to search them out individually, I’ll update the thread title accordingly when those are done. Also, feel free to comment yourself! I like comments biggrin.gif

For now, the top 40 tracking week #2 of November 2017:

01 Rita Ora - Anywhere [4-1]
02 Amanda Delara - Dirhamz [7-3-2]
03 Pink ft. Eminem - Revenge [38-10-8-3]
04 Beth Ditto - Love In Real Life [5-4]
05 G-Eazy ft. A$AP Rocky + Cardi B - No Limit [N]
06 Cardi B - Bodak Yellow [38-11-6]
07 Paramore - Grudges [8-7-7]
08 Jhene Aiko ft. Mali Music - Trip [N]
09 Rozes - Famous [8-2-1-1-9]
10 The Killers - Tyson vs Douglas [28-10]
11 Haschak Sisters - Pretty Girl [N]
12 Clean Bandit ft. Julia Michaels - I Miss You [13-12]
13 Jessie Ware - Alone [34-X1-30-7-11-9-13]
14 Emily Warren - Poking Holes [14-14]
15 ANNALIA - Jealous [N]
16 Sanjoy ft. Macy Kate - Zindagi [N]
17 Princess Nokia - Kitana [26-17]
18 M0 - Turn My Heart to Stone [N]
19 Texas - Can't Control [21-20-19]
20 Taylor Swift - ...Ready For It? [N]
21 Mome ft. LissA - It's Okay [39-21]
22 Camila Cabello - Havana [35-X2-12-X1-22]
23 Jhene Aiko - While We're Young [32-23]
24 Pvris - Are You Ten Years Ago [36-24]
25 POOLCLVB x Rose - What You Want [N]
26 Steps - Dancing with a Broken Heart [N]
27 Stereophonics - Caught By the Wind [15-27]
28 Blondie - Doom or Destiny [30-28]
29 Beck - Square One [19-35-29]
30 Matt Terry - Sucker for you [20-38-30]
31 Rebecca Black - Wasted Youth [23-33-31]
32 Loveless ft. Awa - Bad4u [N]
33 Lana Del Rey - 13 Beaches [27-33]
34 The XX - Say Something Loving [N]
35 Lil Uzi Vert ft. Nicki Minaj + Oh Wonder - How Life Goes Remix [N]
36 Fickle Friends - Hard to Be Myself [N]
37 MUNA - Relief Next to Me [N]
38 Lady Antebellum - This City [N]
39 Stefflon Don ft. French Montana - Hurtin Me [13-10-18-12-16-17-16-14-18-39]
40 No Vacation - Yam Yam [N]

#1s this year:
Fickle Friends – Brooklyn (2)
Dua Lipa – Be The One (3)
Ed Sheeran – Castle On the Hill (1)
Tal – Slow Down the Flow (1)
Martin Garrix & Dua Lipa – Scared To Be Lonely (2)
Katy Perry ft. Skip Marley – Chained To The Rhythm (2)
Calvin Harris ft. Frank Ocean + Migos – Slide (2)
Nicki Minaj ft. Drake + Lil Wayne – No Frauds (1)
Era Istrefi ft. Felix Snow – Redrum (2)
Chainsmokers ft. Jhenι Aiko – Wake Up Alone (3)
Lady Gaga – The Cure (1)
Wale ft. Major Lazer, Dua Lipa + WizKid – My Love (1)
Syn Cole ft. Nevve – Sway (2)
Martin Garrix & Troye Sivan – There For You (1)
Little Mix ft. Stormzy – Power (2)
Martin Garrix & Troye Sivan – There For You (1)
Jax Jones ft. Demi Lovato + Stefflon Don – Instruction (1)
DJ Khaled ft. Rihanna + Bryson Tiller – Wild Thoughts (1)
The XX – Seasons Run (1)
Inna ft. Erick – Ruleta (1)
Lana Del Rey – Cherry (2)
DJ Cassidy ft. Grace + Lil Yachty – Honor (1)
Lana Del Rey ft. Stevie Nicks – Beautiful People, Beautiful Problems (1)
Pink – What About Us (2)
Nelly Furtado – Magic (1)
HAIM – Nothing’s Wrong (2)
Jhenι Aiko ft. Twenty88 – OLLA (Only Lovers Left Alive) (3)
ROZES – Famous (2)
Rita Ora – Anywhere (~)

My spotify picks arrow right.gif {A-List} arrow right.gif {B-List} arrow right.gif {C-List}

This post has been edited by Jupiteer: Nov 24 2017, 08:53 AM
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Sergej
post Nov 17 2017, 03:14 PM
Post #2
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 39,723
Hello Jupiter!
I'm happy that Rita Ora is at #1 in your chart! Recently she performed on the blind auditions of a german casting show as a contestant! I left a link on my new chart, if you're interested to watch it!
I'm also happy to see G-Eazy, Taylor Swift and Fickle Friends with their songs in your chart! Happy that they're debuting!
Great chart overall!
Sorry for the short comment, I'm recently suffering with emotional problems since I've lost my job yesterday, I even mentioned it on my newest chart, that I recently posted here. Check it out, if you haven't.
But yeah, hope you have a better week than me.

+Quote this post
PeteFromLeeds
post Nov 17 2017, 04:56 PM
Post #3
Group icon
Buy yourself a car, and a house in Devon
User: 23,247
Hi Jupiter!

Anywhere at #1 here as well! This is becoming a theme on most of the charts I'm commenting on heehee.gif Can't deny it's the best thing she's had out in a very long time!

Whatever happened to Revenge being the second P!nk single? It seems like Beautiful Trauma's being pushed now, Revenge is still a great track though!

A verrrry late entry for Say Something Loving laugh.gif What's got you into it now?

Great chart biggrin.gif

+Quote this post
J00prstar
post Nov 24 2017, 08:48 AM
Post #4
Group icon
there's nothing straight about plump Elvis
Pronouns: they/any
User: 22,895
...Oops left this later than I realised! Thanks for the comments, folks. Here's some new music links for y'all:

First up, new one from the XX which sounds a lot better this time of year than when originally released as the direct follow-up to On Hold and their latest album's second single. I could never get into it back in Jan/Feb, but around on this side of autumn/winter it sounds very seasonal. It's the group's sixth charting song from I See You following Dangerous, Lips, I Dare You, and the #1s On Hold and Seasons Run from the deluxe version. Also in this week's indie section; Zindagi, which some of you will have heard me play on plug, and No Vacation's oddly named Yam Yam which finally charts after several months' stay on my B- and C- playlists.

On the poppier side of indie, another entry for Fickle Friends. They've had a decent string of releases this year, though they haven't in 2017 come close to the triumphant peak of last year's Brooklyn for me. ANNALIA's another long-running-before-charting appearance, while MUNA finally follow-up last year's top 5 Winterbreak with a Tegan and Sara cover from the duo's 10th anniversary album.

Pop actually has some decent representation this week: Taylor scores a second top 20 from latest album Reputation following the #9-peaking Look, Steps just miss the top 25 with a third charter from their most recent album, and both are outshone by perhaps accidentally-trashy kiddie pop/gay anthem lite Pretty Girl by teen singers the Haschak Sisters. It's one I found on BJSC that ticks a lot of my guilty pleasure boxes - all the more so because I get the feeling it isn't at all self-aware.

Urban section features this week's highest new entry from G-Eazy, A$AP Rocky and Cardi B - who has two in this week's top 10, and this week's second highest new entry from Jhene Aiko featuring Mali Music. Nicki Minaj also takes an eighth chart entry this year alongside Lil Uzi Vert in his chart debut. The song also bizarrely features indie duo Oh Wonder, who I recently met one half of, as you do. Small world.

And finally a few miscellaneous extras; indie EDM from POOLCLVB and Rose, country crossover from Lady Antebellum, and M0, because she didn't really fit anywhere else. You can't say I don't have a varied music taste!

Til next week's chart, folks! Comments still welcome as ever biggrin.gif

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 03:29 AM