BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
10 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Melodifestivalen 2015 / Andra chansen · Helsingborg (7 Mar), Whenever your hope is gone, I am here for you
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Who do you think will go through?
You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Total votes: 27
Guests cannot vote 
Qassändra
post Mar 6 2015, 04:54 AM
Post #1
Group icon
DROTTNING!
User: 480

God, WHAT A HEAT THAT WAS. Six out of seven moments of perfection (let's ignore that the odd one out went direkt and will be nipping at Eric Saade's heels by competing for the same One Direction rip-off vote) and a comeback that could potentially win the whole damn thing - and I mean Eurovision. Okay, we had to endure the pain of three of the best songs of the year so far going out bottom three, but when you've got the best heat in a good five years on your plate it almost feels UNGRACIOUS to complain.

Anyway, on with the rest. We've reached Melodifestivalen in full battle mode. It's back, and it's back to full brutality with the full head-to-head duels format restored. However, we're given slightly more leeway this year than we had before - rather than getting just the two qualifiers, Christer has graced us with permission for four qualifiers from the eight second chancers, making a final of 12 entries all in all. It tones down the brutality a bit, but at least we stand more of a chance of getting the fan favourites through after some of the horrors we've had to endure in previous years (I still have nightmares about the schlagercaust that was Sundsvall 2011). That said, andra chansen wouldn't be any fun if we didn't see the artists in full hand-to-hand combat with losers at the end of it - and there can be nothing more watchably humiliating than ending up as the rejects of the rejects. Keep an eye out for any duel losers slinking away after their result to put through a quick call to their bank to renegotiate those terms for that remortgage they took out to fund a series of onstage LED screens, and keep the Xanax on hold and all sharp objects away from the green room - it's the SECOND CHANCE ROUND *.*

.. /

The metalhead versus the forehead

01: Andreas Weise - Bring Out The Fire

♫ There's nothing more I can say
I'm on my own ♫

vs

02: Linus Svenning - Forever Starts Today

♫ I realise that I can breathe again ♫

Whatever goes down here, we can't really say the final will be especially all the better for it. Last year's andra chansen horror has gone some way to redeeming himself with a modern-day Coldplay track set to an Emmelie de Forest performance, but at the end of the day this isn't really the kind of thing you watch Melodifestivalen for. But then, is a 'fun 4 straight people' light entertainment Olly Murs rendition of Let Me Entertain You bast*rdised with Say You'll Be There really something you watch the contest for either? And when the most egregious forehead this side of Rihanna is repping it for the sex appeal side, you know you've got a duell worth giving a miss. Which side are you on?

. /

Fat birds versus geriatrics

03: Hasse Andersson - Guld och gröna skogar

♫ It's a quiet evening
But I get no rest ♫

vs

04: Kristin Amparo - I See You

♫ Could you ever take me back? ♫

Whatever happens, the middle of the road will be happy with this one - with Kristin appealing to the radio friendly side of the MoR vote, and Hasse appealing to the traditionalists in the audience. After some initial reservations, I'm deeply in love with both, and whatever happens in this duel we've got a win - either for traditional schlager or the ballad of the year. Which side are you on?

.. /

Pop's atomic bomb versus pop's Hiroshima

05: Dolly Style - Hello Hi

♫ BYE ♫

vs

06: Dinah Nah - Make Me (La La La)

♫ I was out in the cold
But then you came ♫

I was a mess last Saturday. Not down to anything I drank - down to my hopes of several months coming true, and the Divine Ms Nah descending to Earth to deliver us Her holy message, which as the prophesies foretold was literally UNIMPROVABLE (in its original form - its embellishment at the hands of Madame Butcher is of course exempt, though only in the same way as the Gospel required reinterpreting by Mark et al in order to make it further palatable for the flock (all requests are to be redirected to my inbox)). And so She escaped our greatest fears of a sista plats failure for our favourite 57 year old, caring not for such whims as age and bodypopping for her life - Her mane a shade of pink previously unknown to science and believed unachievable - and qualified for andra chansen, consigned here by a public too shocked by the cognitive dissonance that arose from Her presentation of a new Gospel which has immediately launched the new movement of Nahstianity (all requests are to be redirected to my inbox). That I could tolerate. What I could not tolerate was this duel.

This Saturday will see if the Swedish public is ready to accept its previous mistakes in following an incorrect gospel for the previous few centuries, but She has a kind heart and will forgive those who join Her flock. That said, She shall not look kindly upon those who betray Her for the sake of a few day-glo sluts who we all went wild for in week one. I have spent several days meditating on this painful choice, but after much thought I have come to the only obvious conclusion - that Dolly Style have clearly been sent by Beelzebub (in Saturday's performance of 'The Bible', the role of YOHIO will be played by Satan (or vice versa)) in order to prevent Her HOLY LIGHT from shining through to redeem humanity with a 17th place finish in Vienna (Nah 5:20-21, 'And so She failed onstage amidst the backing dancers and Slovakian drag queens, that our sins would be cleansed and the Holy Nah would bless us all'). Though I was onside before - they must be stopped. Pick your fucking team carefully huns.

.. /

Socially conscious hip-hop versus consumerist trash

07: Behrang Miri och Victor Crone feat. Malena Ernman - Det rår vi inte för

♫ The whole city is in flames ♫

vs

08: Samir och Viktor - Groupie

♫ Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear oh dear oh dear oh dear ♫

I was originally going to characterise Kristin vs Hasse as 'black people versus white people' until I realised it could apply equally as much to this - god knows you wouldn't catch Samir och Viktor DEAD in Malmö - or for that matter, any self-respecting black person getting down to Groupie.

This is a really really weird one in that this duel features something totally unprecedented - an act actually changing something significant for andra chansen. Normally in Melfests past you'd get the odd case of a crap dress being thrown out and traded in for a slightly less crap dress, but so far as I can recall, we've never had anything as big as a whole new artist being bolted on to a track. Desperate old Bez must really want to get to the final, because he's got out the SOCIALLY CONSCIOUS FILOFAX and called up one of the GREAT AND GOOD as socially conscious Melodifestivalen entrants go - gay rights advocate/icon Malena Ernman, winner of MF 2009, who's agreed to come along and do a bit of wailing in the background for Behrang in the hope it bags him a few extra votes.

And lord knows he'll need them. Sadly/predictably, Groupie has become *the* Spotify hit of this year's contest so far (at least until Måns came along last weekend) and it's a bit of a shock that they didn't make it through direkt to begin with with the power of app voting - although one probably providing pleasing testament to the popular appeal of Mariette and Magnus. Walkover, right? Well, maybe not. Even the most popular of artists (Carola AGOG) have sometimes struggled with andra chansen's duel format, and why? Because unlike any other part of the contest, a vote for one song is just as much a vote against another. It's pretty hard to round up a series of tactical votes to get out someone loathsome but popular in the heats, but it's all too easy to stop someone in a head-to-head - and something tells me that despite all those streams, a good part of Sweden can't stand the idea of Groupie making it to the final. But will there be enough of them to make Behrang an unlikely finalist? Which side are you on?

-x-

PREDICT AND LOVE AWAY

ANDREAS WEISE vs LINUS SVENNING
HASSE ANDERSSON vs KRISTIN AMPARO
DOLLY STYLE vs DINAH NAH
BEHRANG OCH VICTOR vs SAMIR OCH VIKTOR
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
RobBot
post Mar 6 2015, 05:09 AM
Post #2
Group icon
I'm in a vewy bad mood, Bwadley.
User: 7,117
WANT: LINUS / KRISTIN / DINAH / SAMIR AND VIKTOR
THINK: ANDREAS / KRISTIN / DINAH / SAMIR AND VIKTOR

Another fab write up, even though I barely understand a word of the dinah/dolly one but then again i haven't been subjecte do the bible since i was 5 years old and therefore i only rmember that there was like that jesus guy and a few other fellas in it and that's about it.

andreas's forehead thoooooooooooooooo

+Quote this post
RobBot
post Mar 6 2015, 05:09 AM
Post #3
Group icon
I'm in a vewy bad mood, Bwadley.
User: 7,117
in other news

i am dinah nah dinah nah dinah nah dinah nah i am

+Quote this post
p a v
post Mar 6 2015, 06:09 AM
Post #4
Group icon
thanks for being a sarcy lil bitch
User: 4,397
want: linus, kristin, dolly style, behrang
Think: linus, kristin, dinah, sammi & vikki

+Quote this post
Iz 🌟
post Mar 6 2015, 09:08 AM
Post #5
Group icon
I'm a paragon so don't perceive me
User: 12,929
That Dinah/Dolly write-up is really good. It almost makes me regretful that I'm going to be supporting Dolly Style this weekend. Almost. But then I've always been weak at resisting YOHIO's temptations (and they're just cooler, as much as I want to give myself over to pink hair once in a while). I'm not opposed to seeing Ms Nah win, but the Dollies are far more essential for me in terms of this year.

On Hasse vs Kristin I'm completely torn as both are great songs. I might have to support Hasse so that I feel safe Kristin can't win this thing, as much as I do enjoy I See You, Sweden should certainly not be sending a downtempo at this point.

The other two are pretty obvious choices though, I'm not a fan of Behrang but I'd anti-vote the shit out of it to keep Groupie out the final were I Swedish so that's a theory I agree with you on, and Linus is so much better than that oily thing, I can't believe I'm cheering for him so strongly but his is the one duel where I NEED someone to win.

As for predictions, I'm thinking it could easily go entirely the opposite way to the four I want. Which won't be fun if I am right, especially seeing Groupie + Bring Out The Fire bring 2 extra mediocre entries to join the one already in the final.

+Quote this post
Vülker
post Mar 6 2015, 09:09 AM
Post #6
Group icon
üüü barracüda
User: 10,222
I'm glad you saw the light. I never liked that Yohio abomination of a girlband and I'm hoping our Holy Nah exorcises them away into the deep abyss of hell. "Make Me (La La La)" was a true moment of revelation last week. She is to Jesus as Måns is to God. Amen.

As for the rest, I prefer "Forever Starts Today" but I'd rather see Andreas Weise sexing up his forehead one more time in the final.
It's all about tradition for me in Duel 2 as I'm not convinced by that Adele b-side and Hasse's dansband track is actually catchy and worthy of a play or two during midsommer celebrations.
Duel 4 leaves me divided. As much as I appreciate the artistry behind "Det rår vi inte för", and the late addition of THE La Voix chanteuse, "Groupie" is worryingly catchy as chlamydia. I've only heard it that one time during the semifinal and I have the chorus coming up in my head everytime someone mentions taking a selfie. For Måns' writing credit only I'll vote for the urban threesome albeit only just.

I'll be working tomorrow evening, I'll have to catch up on SVTplay and look away from spoilers. sad.gif

+Quote this post
p a v
post Mar 6 2015, 09:21 AM
Post #7
Group icon
Okay, so I figured out that either Samir & Viktor or Kristin came 4th in their heat! Which is of course f***ing ridiculous. I'm thinking it was Kristin though because Sam & Vikki are like the highest charting song in Sweden atm. SO CONFUSED. WHAT ARE YOU DOING SWEDEN

+Quote this post
gooddelta
post Mar 6 2015, 09:32 AM
Post #8
Group icon
Hello?
User: 116
Voters don't always correspond with music buyers in Sweden so Groupie still may have come 4th in its heat ohmy.gif

+Quote this post
gooddelta
post Mar 6 2015, 11:22 AM
Post #9
Group icon
Hello?
I'm rooting for Dolly Style here! I know I'm alone in thinking that Dinah Nah isn't the second coming, but I just can't grow to LOVE it. It's nice enough I guess.

The only other song I particularly care about in AC is Groupie *.*

+Quote this post
p a v
post Mar 6 2015, 11:29 AM
Post #10
Group icon
Even though I equally love them both TO DEATH AND BEYOND I am also in the Dolly Style camp. I feel like Queenah Nah doesn't really invent the wheel with that slutty trash anthem but Dolly Style's song is just too ESSENTIAL to not be in the Final!

+Quote this post
p a v
post Mar 6 2015, 12:02 PM
Post #11
Group icon
oopsergendahl

+Quote this post
Qassändra
post Mar 6 2015, 12:22 PM
Post #12
Group icon
DROTTNING!
QUOTE(gooddelta @ Mar 6 2015, 12:22 PM) *
I'm rooting for Dolly Style here! I know I'm alone in thinking that Dinah Nah isn't the second coming, but I just can't grow to LOVE it. It's nice enough I guess.

The only other song I particularly care about in AC is Groupie *.*

Dinah Nah isn't the second coming.

She's the FIRST!

+Quote this post
Qassändra
post Mar 6 2015, 12:34 PM
Post #13
Group icon
DROTTNING!
I would have assumed:

1: 3rd Dolly Style, 4th Behrang
2: 3rd Samir & Viktor, 4th Linus
3: 3rd Kristin, 4th Andreas
4: 3rd Hasse, 4th Dinah

But of course that wouldn't work for Andreas and Linus and Kristin and Hasse, though I'd be SHOCKED AND APPALLED if Andreas had beat Kristin...

+Quote this post
p a v
post Mar 6 2015, 01:05 PM
Post #14
Group icon
Exclusive clip of Sweden v Hasse this Saturday:

+Quote this post
LexC
post Mar 6 2015, 01:09 PM
Post #15
Group icon
Attack Dog/Sass Queen
User: 5,342
I think in Heat 3 that Jon Henrik must have swallowed up so much of the vote that everyone else was just fighting for scraps, which is why I can believe Kristin came 4th but that there was barely any difference between herself, Andreas and Isa (and probably Ellen too for that matter).

I refuse to pick sides on Dinah/Dolly but whichever one wins will have my backing for the surprise win (as unlikely as that may be). Other than that I am supporting Linus, Kristin and, much to my own despair, Samir & Viktor.

+Quote this post
Qween
post Mar 6 2015, 01:16 PM
Post #16
Group icon
Schlagerdrottningen
User: 11,709
WANT: Linus / Kristin / Dolly Style / neither but Behrang is less awful
THINK: Linus / Kristin* / Dolly Style / Samir & Viktor

* not sure what way this will go, could be either way tbh but I think on balance Kristin is a LITTLE more likely

+Quote this post
AdamAloud
post Mar 6 2015, 01:38 PM
Post #17
Group icon
I was born 7 million years ago in Sweden, Africa
User: 11,955
WANT: Linus/Kristin/Dinah/Behrang (lesser of two evils)
THINK: Linus/Kristin/Dinah/S&V

I wouldn't be shocked to see Andreas make it over Linus, but Sweden should not be tolerating songs such as 'Bring Out The Fire'.

Kristin is a MUST. THE ballad of the year (apols Andersson) but I am worried about Hasse!

The Dolly/Dinah duel of death. I WAS Team Dolly up until a few days ago when I re-watched heat 4 and MY GOD the breakdown in Make Me hit me and I LOST IT. Soz dollies, but adding a confetti canon won't stop MS NAH TRIUMPHING.

Couldn't really give a toss about duell 4, Behrang at a push, but Malena adds NOTHING to it going from the rehearsal clip. Basically, who ever wins this duel should 'do a Germany' and give their final ticket to the loser of duell 3.

+Quote this post
Vülker
post Mar 6 2015, 02:27 PM
Post #18
Group icon
üüü barracüda
User: 10,222
SVTMelodifestivalen is putting up some x VS x pictures on Facebook for people to give their opinion and the favourites in each duel seem to be Linus, Hasse, Dinah and Samir & Viktor.

This post has been edited by Måns Vülkerlöw: Mar 6 2015, 02:29 PM

+Quote this post
Qassändra
post Mar 6 2015, 03:14 PM
Post #19
Group icon
DROTTNING!
I'm being CLAIMED BY HASSE

La la LA la LA la LA
La la LA la LA LA LA!

+Quote this post
gooddelta
post Mar 6 2015, 03:20 PM
Post #20
Group icon
Hello?
I wouldn't even mind Hasse being in the final, it's quite joyful to watch and I See You really isn't all that when compared to the classic SDF ballads of yesteryear.

+Quote this post

10 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 04:54 AM