BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> RESULTS: The Best Video Games of the 2010s, what do we recommend
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
dandy*
post 15th March 2020, 07:36 PM
Post #41
Group icon
Mansonette
User: 54

OMG Crash deserves its own commentary! ohmy.gif

So weird that a game from my childhood is almost top 10 for the past decade!
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
HarryBorelli
post 16th March 2020, 01:17 PM
Post #42
Group icon
The Lady Said Go Home!
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 20,835

8: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild - 57
Nintendo Switch, Wii U

At 8 we have the first Zelda game for the Nintendo Switch (unsure if there has been more since). I have a SHOCKING confession to make...I have never played a Zelda game ohmy.gif. I know, I know, it seems like a series I would love, I'll wait for the pitchforks. I am aware and this is a game I need to get at some point. The 2017 game was praised for its graphics, immersive storytelling and the classic characters fans know and love. Bal would be proud this is top 10 heart.gif

9: Spyro Reignited Trilogy - 57
PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Microsoft Windows, Nintendo Switch

At 9 is a game I actually own but can"t play atm because my sister had my ps4 so I'm avoiding spoilers on it, well I've seen little bits on streams and know its apparently harder than the original which is both fun and challenging in equal measures. I love the character of Spyro I always have done and like Crash Bandicoot, I was so excited to see the classic series be reimagined with the new generation graphics. I hope not to be disappointed when I finally play it lol.

+Quote this post
HarryBorelli
post 31st March 2020, 11:31 AM
Post #43
Group icon
The Lady Said Go Home!

Bump 4 comments

+Quote this post
Dexton
post 3rd April 2020, 07:14 AM
Post #44
Group icon
rip in peace Dickston
User: 25,045

Crash > Spyro, always

Also Links Awakening came out last year for Switch, the second Zelda game x It’s a very different game in basically every way but is still very much The Legend of Zelda.

+Quote this post
diva thin muffin
post 3rd April 2020, 06:53 PM
Post #45
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Pronouns: he/him
User: 12,837

Wait Cities: Skylines is in the top 7?? Omg I thought I was the only one who loved it. So happy to see this.

+Quote this post
Iz 🌟
post 4th April 2020, 12:58 PM
Post #46
Group icon
I'm a paragon so don't perceive me
User: 12,929

6. Cities: Skylines - 65
PC, PS4, Xbox One, Switch

The most successful game published by Paradox, in both this ranking and in real life, the story of city builders over the last decade has been Skylines replacing SimCity as the premier simulator for creating your full, completely workable city. With beautiful synergy in how it all comes together and a large number of options to keep you busy as you expand, expand, expand, it's a great game for creatives and strategy fans alike, highly moddable and filled with stats. Given the right map, you could probably recreate whatever city you want, you'd have the easiest time with American builds, as that's what the base game represents, but with the right combination of mods and DLC, any skyline is possible.

7. Rocket League - 62
PC, PS4, Xbox One, Switch

Jacob knows far more about this than me, but coming in 7th is the greatest 'cars playing football' game you could ever want or need. Released in 2015, it seems to a beginner incredibly hard to master and is mostly good for providing gif moments, but I'm assured that if you stick with it you can develop a sense of mastery and end up scoring large numbers of goals against an opponet to the point where you're doing trick shots and backflips with ease.

+Quote this post
Long Dong Silver
post 4th April 2020, 03:27 PM
Post #47
Group icon
Buffy/Charmed
User: 18,639

Spyro Reignited Trilogy - 57
PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Microsoft Windows, Nintendo Switch

At 9 is a game I actually own but can"t play atm because my sister had my ps4 so I'm avoiding spoilers on it, well I've seen little bits on streams and know its apparently harder than the original which is both fun and challenging in equal measures. I love the character of Spyro I always have done and like Crash Bandicoot, I was so excited to see the classic series be reimagined with the new generation graphics. I hope not to be disappointed when I finally play it lol. 

SLAAAY SPYRO THE THREE BEST PLATFORM GAMES OF ALL TIME!!!!!!

+Quote this post
HausofKubrick
post 4th April 2020, 03:39 PM
Post #48
Group icon
User: 13,007

Breath of the Wild is truly a game for the ages. The reviews do not exaggerate (wasn't it at one point the highest rate game of all time?). It's not a standard Zelda game, it's a whole new experience in itself.

+Quote this post
JackTheeStallion
post 14th April 2020, 08:18 AM
Post #49
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 223

I'm looking in here for Switch recommendations, is Legend Of Zelda easy to get into despite not having played it before? I haven't played games in a decade or so properly but I want something that you can't just "complete" within a day or two.

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 14th April 2020, 10:15 AM
Post #50
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
User: 10,139

QUOTE(Jack @ Apr 14 2020, 09:18 AM) *
I'm looking in here for Switch recommendations, is Legend Of Zelda easy to get into despite not having played it before? I haven't played games in a decade or so properly but I want something that you can't just "complete" within a day or two.

It's fine if you've never played Zelda before! It's fine to just pck up and play, but you have to kind of reframe yourself and treat it differently to not just any other Zelda game but any other game, it's not linear at all so once you've done the first few tutorial bits that ease you in, you can literally do anything in any order, you just have to take your time and explore. If there's any game you can't complete in a day or two it's BOTW laugh.gif

+Quote this post
Dexton
post 14th April 2020, 10:52 AM
Post #51
Group icon
rip in peace Dickston

Think of it like a Zelda mod for Skyrim laugh.gif

(or get Link's Awakening for cute, linear, top-down dungeon exploring fun)

+Quote this post
Iz 🌟
post 14th April 2020, 12:11 PM
Post #52
Group icon

5. Sid Meier's Civilization V - 68
PC

The highest strategy game in the rate, Civilization is a giant of the genre, and by all sorts of Steam metrics, number five in the series was the most successful ever, and even though VI has been out for 4 years and V for 10, Civ V is still high on the active games list, with 40,000 active players today compared to VI's 65,000.

You play the leader of a civilization, in V it was Elizabeth for the English, Washington for the Americans, Genghis Khan for the Mongols, Wu Zetian for China, Boudicca for the Celts (?) and so on. Advancing through history, you surpass rival civilizations and win by being the best at either fighting, sciencing, cultural activity or diplomacy.

As with other Civilizations, but particularly with V, it only came into its own once the expansions came out and the two big ones really improved the game significantly, Gods & Kings added religion and espionage, and Brave New World added international trade routes, world congresses, tourism and complete vulnerability to COVID-19. And ideologies as well, off-brand called Freedom (liberals), Order (commies) or Autocracy (fash). Guess which one gets the best military bonuses.

Anyway, I have several hundred hours in this and though it doesn't quite have the depth that Civ VI has managed to include by now, it's a very solid game and one I still regularly go back to whether I'm looking for a conquering game (in which case I'll pick something like the Huns), or a peaceful chill game (in which case it's something like Morocco). Of course I'm actually lying, why would I play anything other than Japan aiming for a cultural victory?

It's an easy pickup for anyone who has never played a country-based strategy game and is interested - the full edition with all DLC goes on sale for decent prices semi-regularly at this point.

+Quote this post
HarryBorelli
post 14th April 2020, 11:56 PM
Post #53
Group icon
The Lady Said Go Home!

I'll be honest and say never played of those three games but well done for getting this far!!

Any predictions for four??

+Quote this post
Dexton
post 15th April 2020, 03:32 AM
Post #54
Group icon
rip in peace Dickston

What are the top 4 we have left?

+Quote this post
HarryBorelli
post 15th April 2020, 11:34 AM
Post #55
Group icon
The Lady Said Go Home!

Grand Theft Auto V, Portal 2, Mario Kart 8 & Uncharted 4, I just checked biggrin.gif

+Quote this post
Dexton
post 15th April 2020, 11:36 AM
Post #56
Group icon
rip in peace Dickston

I want Portal 2 to win but I feel it'll be GTA V! Although I'd accept any of them as #1 tbh

+Quote this post
Long Dong Silver
post 15th April 2020, 01:18 PM
Post #57
Group icon
Buffy/Charmed

GTA to win!! I'm playing the hell oot of it reet now on online!!!

+Quote this post
Iz 🌟
post 15th April 2020, 01:58 PM
Post #58
Group icon

I don't take kindly to this strategy game racism.

without commenting on the results that I know about, my pick out of those 4 would be Portal 2, tight story and great gameplay for anyone no matter their skill.

+Quote this post
Long Dong Silver
post 15th April 2020, 03:54 PM
Post #59
Group icon
Buffy/Charmed

Also Civ V and Civ IV shet all over the failure of Civ VI. AXE IT!!!

+Quote this post
Iz 🌟
post 15th April 2020, 04:09 PM
Post #60
Group icon

QUOTE(Janet 🙅🏼‍& @ Apr 15 2020, 03:54 PM) *
Also Civ V and Civ IV shet all over the failure of Civ VI. AXE IT!!!

what are your criticisms please lay them out neatly and I will respond to them in due course

Civ VI has a lot more strategic depth at higher difficulties with many more meta options available, while V as much as I love it, it's nearly always superior to go tradition/heavy science/ignore culture/autocracy and crush everyone.

+Quote this post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 26th April 2024, 12:37 AM