BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Success in the U.S, What can Zara/her team do to improve it next era?
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Andrew.
post 7th September 2017, 04:51 PM
Post #1
Group icon
is in hibernation
User: 21,161

Zara's only real hit in the US is 'Never Forget You' and while the album has gone gold mostly on single sales Zara's US career hasn't gone as well as they'd have hoped. What do you think should happen to improve Zara's US success next era?

It's a bit like Little Mix for me, the whole 'So Good' era following 'Never Forget You' was an absolute mess. sad.gif I think letting go of 'Lush Life' is something they should've done earlier when it wasn't going to happen as much as it should've smashed!! Maybe something like 'Sundown' would've been a better autumn US single as well, or of course 'Wanna' </3
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
SGrey
post 7th September 2017, 05:35 PM
Post #2
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 20,182

Her problem wherever is that they didn't wait until the album was finished to release the singles. Had they capitalised on some of the hype around Lush Life things would have fared better for her, even here in the UK.

+Quote this post
Razor
post 7th September 2017, 06:48 PM
Post #3
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 21,924

i think 'So Good' era was so poor handled there... also her sound is too European for American market. Zara is like a new Kylie Minogue. 'Lush Life' is kinda a streaming hit in the US tho, it has almost 100 million streams on Spotify and its platinum.

Bubling Under queen laugh.gif

+Quote this post
Razor
post 7th September 2017, 07:06 PM
Post #4
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 21,924

Funny thing: When 'Ain't My Fault' came out, i was just thinking the song would be her solo breakthrough in US, it's the kind of sound that tends to do really well there. sad.gif

+Quote this post
-0-0
post 7th September 2017, 07:21 PM
Post #5
Group icon
🙄
User: 10,643

In all honesty the whole Zara in the US was an absolute mess.

'Lush Life' was top thirty on USA Spotify and wasn't sent to US radio by her label and by the time her label decided to send it to radio it had already peaked on Spotify. She then reduced 'Lush Life' to 0.69 and it went top 30 on iTunes before plummeting after being removed from hot songs.

'Ain't My Fault' was released, however the night before Zara performed 'Lush Life' on Fallon. 'Ain't My Fault' should have had a bigger promotional push in the US and airplay weren't really supportive for her.

'I Would Like' went top 30 on iTunes and was doing rather well on Spotify but again the single wasn't serviced to radio stations, the less we talk about 'So Good' the better.

The same for Symphony was 'Lush Life', it peaked on US Spotify and they waited far to long before they sent it to radio.

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 24th April 2024, 04:40 PM