BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
> 
4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Chez Wombat's top 250 of the 2010s, Complete! Full list/longlist p4
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Chez Wombat
post 4th January 2020, 09:06 PM
Post #41
Group icon
The owls are not what they seem
Pronouns: He/him
User: 9,232

26. Kavinsky – Nightcall (2011)
In truth, I didn't truly get into until the middle half of the decade, a couple of years after it was released, but still, when I saw the movie Drive, this was one of the big standouts and part of what made that soundtrack so wonderful. Nightcall is a brilliant way to start this as it plays over the beginning credits with heavily distorted vocals creating an immediately strange atmosphere and then the female vocals add a cinematic touch as the synths escalate and the mysterious lyrics about 'something inside you' is perfect for someone who in the movie was himself an enigmatic character. So it works wonderfully in context, but also outside as a great Kraftwerk-esque synthy 80s throwback.

27. Taylor Swift – Out of the Woods (2015)
The last song from Swifty here, but just misses out having her photo at the top to not be predictable. I've praised 1989 a lot in this countdown and Out of the Woods is the main reason why, this really is her magnum opus in my eyes. The chorus is just HUGE when it hits and it's got a great epic, storytelling vibe about it with the calls in the verses and metaphorical run into the dark the lovers in question in the lyrics are about to take. It is the best moment that shows Taylor as a true master at both constructing a pop song and writing it and really made me take interest in her as an artist, 'tis a pity that almost everything that followed overdosed on the self-indulgence, more songs like this and Lover in the future please Taylor x

28. Zedd feat. Foxes - Clarity (2013)
Clarity is, for me, one of the definitive dance tracks of the decade and I hope it continues to be remembered that way in decades to come, which is a shame as Zedd himself has turned out as possibly one of the dullest dance producers of the decade and contributing to the terrible dance trends that are now clogging up Spotify playlists, but it wasn't always like this. Clarity has a wonderful vocal build up from Foxes which really enhances the scope of the track, and while the breakdown is now seen as standard from him, it's suitably rousing with shoutalong vocals and a hard drop that turns the track into a full on anthem. For just the one time, it was magical.

29. Noel Gallagher’s High-Flying Birds – AKA…What a Life (2011)
Here is good old Noel G with what is easily his highlight of the decade and what ultimately proved why he was always the true talent of Oasis (sorry Liam, your material this year wasn't too bad, I should've mentioned that in the first post). An excellent, lamenting rock ballad that evokes emotion despite it's overall subtlety through his excellent vocals as well as excellent composition with searing strings and pelting pianos and even organs joining the fray as it goes along. It's a real slow burner in mood and warrants lots of repeat listens, and was a key part in me staying invested in his material throughout the decade.

30. Lights & Motion – The Spectacular Quiet (2015)
A post rock artist who in late 2015 released two beautifully cinematic tracks that captured my heart. This one has an amazing build to it, starting as just a twinkle in the stars but rising as the strings and acoustics come in before the drums thunder and everything comes to a head in an incredible crescendo. I've seen a lot of comparisons to M83's Outro and I do see it and if you like that, I'm sure you'll be very into this. I adore the title as well, it evokes so many scenarios and it could be fitting in so many deep space sci-fi films like Interstellar and The Martian that it's so fun to imagine that. Above all though, it's great to just listen while looking at the stars and reflect as it really will lift your mood.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Chez Wombat
post 11th January 2020, 02:43 PM
Post #42
Group icon

Well, let's resume!

21. Woodkid – Run Boy Run (2012)
One of the most unique yet brilliant combinations of sounds I've come across is the wonderful percussion and strings combination of Woodkid, and nowhere is the epic scope of this realised more than in Run Boy Run. The tribal beats correspond beautifully with the rising string crescendo and accompanied by the urgency of the lyrics and unique video, it creates a truly epic atmosphere. Probably one of my fondest memories in BJSC due to it winning quite against the grain of the time when usually standard female pop songs I didn't really care about that did it and long may it soundtrack adverts/epic events in the future.

22. M83 – Outro (2011)
One may be surprised to not see Midnight City in this chart, but honestly as much as I love M83, I much prefer their instrumental side and so I did have other favourites on that album. But not to worry, there's still another song in its place that soundtracks everything ever and that is Outro. Starting out with soft electronic ambience before fading into complete silence and reappearing with some fantasy-esque lyrics and then that incredible symphonic crescendo happens, euphoric and epic in style yet drenched in melancholy, which really has made it the perfect soundtrack to the final scene of every film or TV show, and one I have really enjoyed throughout the decade, even if it took me forever to find out who did it!

23. Arcade Fire - Reflektor (2013)
It took me quite a long time to really appreciate Reflektor (it was only like 70-something in my 2013 EOY), but it really became a big favourite over the years so it has a much better placing here. An epic seven minute song that moves at the nonetheless restrained and slowly building pace which works through the excellent dark spaced out production as well as the ominous lyrics which could certainly be interpreted as isolation in the digital era and beautiful french asides from Regine (always a highlight of any Arcade Fire track) as well as a vast array of melodies and instrumentation typical of their style. A real feast of a listen, not the last we're seeing of them~

24. Coldplay – Paradise (2012)
One of the more bigger hits of the decade (though I'm gutted it never made the top 100 of the decade, I thought it may have been in there) and one that still sounds absolutely massive and euphoric today. Paradise really proved Coldplay could still do fantastic, stadium anthems and I think will certainly become a modern classic. I have very good uni memories of this and it sounded fantastic when I saw them live (a life goal ticked off) and it was a real moment seeing it finally give them a UK number 1. A massive favourite...but not quite my overall favourite from them this decade ;o

25. Trentemoller - Moan (2012)
I'm breaking my own rules here again as this one was officially 2007, but I had no knowledge of it at all until it was entered into BJSC in 2012 and much like Run Boy Run above, I have very good memories of it winning out of the blue and breaking the status quo of female pop singers and it was that that kept me so engaged in the contest and for me to continue entering it as I do today! But even without that, as a song, it is truly chills-inducing. A minimalists electronic track that moves at a slow pace with only some sad vocals about missing someone accompanying it, they give it a real emotional depth and ominous feel that makes it constantly engaging. The version linked above is the full seven minute version which definitely is the best one, but for the best visual accompaniment and properly excellent realisation of the song's themes, I would definitely recommend watching the official video based on the story of the space dog, Laika, it's really quite heart breaking and gives the song a whole new meaning you won't be able to shake, certainly recommended:

+Quote this post
PeteFromLeeds
post 11th January 2020, 09:02 PM
Post #43
Group icon
Buy yourself a car, and a house in Devon
User: 23,247

A couple of songs that I had in contention for my EOD (if I get round to doing one) there in Run Boy Run and Reflektor! They might just miss out but I played them both a lot back in the first half of the decade. Giving Moan a listen now, another one that I'm quite enjoying! It does sound very late 00s (probably bc it was released then) but in a good way and even makes me feel a little nostalgic.

+Quote this post
JosephBoone
post 12th January 2020, 04:03 PM
Post #44
Group icon
you never forget your first time...
Pronouns: he/him
User: 13,530

Video Games is my favourite of the last few sections! I remember being unsure about it on first listen but I knew there was something really interesting about Lana, I'd say it's my second favourite of hers overall now behind National Anthem.

+Quote this post
Sergej
post 12th January 2020, 04:12 PM
Post #45
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 39,723

49. Daft Punk feat. Pharrell Williams – Get Lucky (2013) Catchy and amazing, still one of the best Daft Punk songs!
44. Christine & The Queens – Tilted/Christine (2016) Since first listen, I fell in love with this one!
34. Lana Del Rey – Video Games (2011) Such a beautiful song, what a great start for Lana!
33. The Naked & Famous – Young Blood (2010) Pretty underrated!
28. Zedd feat. Foxes - Clarity (2013) One of my favourite Zedd songs!
27. Taylor Swift – Out of the Woods (2015) Very underrated song from Taylor
24. Coldplay – Paradise (2012) I love Coldplay and this song is so amazing!

+Quote this post
coi
post 12th January 2020, 04:12 PM
Post #46
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 73,240

Greyhound, If You Wanna, Video Games and Paradise are all great from the top 40 so far, Nightcall was good too!

Clarity is definitely my favourite from the top 40 so far, back when Zedd made brilliant dance tunes and Foxes sounded excellent on it too! wub.gif

+Quote this post
Chez Wombat
post 12th January 2020, 06:26 PM
Post #47
Group icon

Thanks guys! Let's get the top 20 started then~

19. David Guetta feat. Sia – Titanium (2012)
A rare huge selling UK hit that also was the same in my imaginary chart. David Guetta has been rather hit and miss over the years (more so miss lately) but this was most certainly was a big hit and even had me interested in his album, which understandably wasn't as good, but this is once in a career moment. I still haven't tired of it remotely and Sia's incredible vocals wring every bit of emotion out of this song to give a really refreshing depth to an artist that was known for primarily generic trash, the production feels minimal here but that works as it gives the vocals the power. He has tried to emulate this since, but it's never equalled, a classic.

20. Lindsey Stirling – Crystallize (2012)
And we come to my highest BJSC discovery that wasn't sent by myself, and it's this now very retro violin instrumental sent by the now defunct Zechonia, but it has really stuck with me over the years as I remember it being in one of my first contests and it standing out so much with it's epic, classical and dance hybrid, I loved it and realised how much I'd like to send things like this and it was ultimately the inspiration behind me branching out a bit more with my entries to have more of an instrumental/classical sound, so it really played a part in changing my tastes so feels appropriate to be here. Anyway, that random stuff aside, it's a great song on its own as well, the swirling violins and hard dubstep drops really fuse excellently together and it's ever-building nature ensures it never loses your attention, and she seems a really interesting artist as well when she isn't collaborating with bland pop stars, worth a listen if you weren't around for this in BJSC.

+Quote this post
Chez Wombat
post 12th January 2020, 06:41 PM
Post #48
Group icon

17. Marcus Warner – If Elephants Could Fly (2017)
Probably one not a lot of you will know, I haven't had the chance to share it much on here as I sent Africa to BJSC and don't like to repeat artists, but this hit even more emotional highs than that did in my book. The title is inspiring enough, but the strings build and move up in a way in which hope keeps building, almost like the subject is getting higher as the song progresses. I love music like this as it inspires so many different stories just from the feel of it, and it does make me sad that it doesn't have an official video as I'd love to see one on the screen, but it's beautiful even without that. Never failing to lift my mood, it's certainly a bona fide favourite of mine.

18. Steven Wilson feat. Ninet Tayab - Pariah (2017)
It really took me far too long to get into Steven Wilson considering I heard a lot of his epic rock anthems with beautiful and tragic animated videos on a late night YouTube crawl, but thankfully an album coming out in 2017 gave me the chance to check him out properly. Pariah is a little bit different from the other songs I heard from him, it's much more accessible than his usual longer songs and is more a classic duet with a Ninet Tayeb taking the reigns for the glorious chorus, but it's still an absolutely beautifully sang and composed duet with pain and anguish coming through so clearly from both voices painting it as the perfect song for far apart lovers and when that harsh guitar kicks in at the climax, it still gives me the chills. I was very pleased to see it connect with so many like it did me when I sent it to BJSC, and certainly puts him amongst my favourite artists I've found this decade.

+Quote this post
Chez Wombat
post 12th January 2020, 06:53 PM
Post #49
Group icon

15. Fractal Dreamers – Clarum Somnium (2018)
16. Fractal Dreamers – Fortuna Redux (2018)

So these two go together (and they should really go as one position but y'know, to avoid messiness) as they both summarise one of the best EPs I heard in 2018 which was Fractal Dreamers' Kingdom of Silence, an art/classical-influenced melodic electronic kind of sound from an equally hard to categorise Fractal Dreamers. You can read the whole review of it in my 2018 EOY if you want a more detailed description, but it's incredibly epic music that could soundtrack any apocalypse film through it's five songs, the best two are certainly Clarum Somnium (translates to Lucid Dreams) and Fortuna Redux, they both kind of paint the same picture of a threat rising though the classical orchestration, drum'n'bass breakdowns and generally very urgent style of the instruments played really takes you in to this story. As you can tell, I do love music that tells a story and that's why I do enjoy instrumental music as it can give you the power to do that and this EP really allowed me to do that so it only seems fit to honour it's two best cuts here.

+Quote this post
Chez Wombat
post 12th January 2020, 07:09 PM
Post #50
Group icon

13. Chase & Status feat. Liam Bailey – Blind Faith (2011)
An early favourite from the decade now, I love all of No More Idols as it gives me amazing memories of, yep, uni (that did count for a lot here) and I love the portrayal and exploration of working class London that it explores through it's use of collaborators and imagery, but this was something else. A full on dance anthem that sounds straight out of any time period (and not just because the song has been sampled countless times then as well) that fuses expertly the longing soul vocals of Liam Bailey with the exploding euphoria of the Love Sensation sample in the chorus with firing synths that truly will make the music that we play release your mind. A classic song that sounds no worse now than it did nine years ago, what I'd for UK top 5 hits of this standard again </3

14. Coldplay - Hypnotised (2017)
So perhaps surprisingly my favourite from Coldplay this decade is the rather beautifully understated Hypnotised, a cut from their, generally ignored aside from that bland Chainsmokers duet, EP Kaleidoscope. I really enjoy this because it's so removed from their usual stadium pop sound that dominated most of their sound in the first half of the decade and it could easily be from Rush... or Parachutes with it's subtlety and reliance on just a twinkling piano, Chris' vocals are so soothing here as a break from his frantic yells of his stadium anthems and it has some rather nice, poetic lyricism (the news being a guidebook for the blues is my favourite) and it culminates with a classic Coldplay build to an exciting climax. A really lovely and soothing listen and one I wish had gotten more attention.

+Quote this post
Doctor Blind
post 12th January 2020, 08:53 PM
Post #51
Group icon
#38BBE0 otherwise known as 'sky blue'
User: 7,561

QUOTE(coi @ Jan 3 2020, 08:43 PM) *
Pumpin' Blood was difficult to escape really, not only was it used in adverts and stuff but that whistling hook has also been the theme tune to the BBC's live football programme Final Score for years now! Watching BBC One at about 4pm on a Saturday more or less guarantees you that hook every time, and it's not the only great song they've used as a theme tune either as they had Jump in the Pool by Friendly Fires for a while before that!

Yes, “Pumpin' Blood” will forever make me think of Final Score. Surprised that it never became a hit - it must have got a UK release/push in October 2013 as I charted it then (briefly).

Great to see the following (bold = number 1 on my chart)

94. FM-84 – Arcade Summer (2016)
83. Grimes feat. HANA – We Appreciate Power (2019)
77. Ellie Goulding – Under the Sheets (2010)
76. London Grammar – Wasting My Young Years (2013)
72. Disclosure feat. Sam Smith – Latch (2012)
68. Ellie Goulding – Figure 8 (2012)
65. Glass Animals – Life Itself (2016)
64. Haim – If I Could Change Your Mind (2014)
63. Jessie Ware – 110% (If You’re Never Gonna Move) (2012) wub.gif I was OBSESSED with this in 2012.
56. Joe Goddard feat. Valentina – Gabriel (2011)
55. Lana Del Rey – Born to Die (2012)
53. Haim – The Wire (2013)
49. Daft Punk feat. Pharrell Williams – Get Lucky (2013)
44. Christine & The Queens – Tilted/Christine (2016)
40. Max Richter – Spring 1 (Ade Laugee remix) (2014)
38. Clean Bandit – Mozart’s House (2013)
34. Lana Del Rey – Video Games (2011)
33. The Naked & Famous – Young Blood (2010) - My first (and only) Unknown Pleasures win!
32. The Vaccines – If You Wanna (2011)
29. Noel Gallagher’s High-Flying Birds – AKA…What a Life (2011)
23. Arcade Fire - Reflektor (2013)
22. M83 – Outro (2011)
21. Woodkid – Run Boy Run (2012)

+Quote this post
Chez Wombat
post 12th January 2020, 09:38 PM
Post #52
Group icon

Great to see you like so many!

Last two before the top 10 ;o

11. Of Monsters & Men – Dirty Paws (2012)
Another slightly unpopular choice when they have Little Talks which everyone knows, but I'm sad that they are to many one-hit wonders when they have this song at their disposal. This was actually the first song I heard from them on an upcoming music article and I still really love it's folk-orchestral sound, lyrics relating to a mystical war of animals that work very well as an allegory and are interesting to analyse if you like that sort of thing and the gradual building of tension as the imagery get more destructive and vocals rise from the quaint setting it started at. It's excellently composed and sung to back it up so it really is quite a treat. To this day, I'm still so annoyed I didn't send it to BJSC before Little Talks became big, I could've had another artist besides Bastille that I said I knew them before they broke through x

12. Films - clone (2016)
Possibly one of my favourite late night YouTube finds and the song that introduced to the beautiful and hypnotising neo-classical sound of films. Extremely difficult to google they were, but I managed to find a whole back catalogue from them at Ricco label and it all had a wonderful creepy orchestration with some beautiful operatic vocals, but nothing's quite better than this. Mixing elements of art, classical, electronic and post rock with some hypnotising soprano indecipherable vocals in it's near seven minute runtime, I have never heard anything like it and it gradually unwraps its layers as it goes along fitting in tandem with the hypnotising, weirdly psychedelic visuals that I would highly recommend you watch with the song as it really enhances the experience. A true audio-visual experience and one that I have come back to a lot, beautiful stuff.

And we are at the top 10! I'll leave you to speculate what might be in there for a while, but we shall get back to this soon ;o

+Quote this post
danG
post 13th January 2020, 12:24 AM
Post #53
Group icon
🔥🚀🔥
User: 11,746

what I like 11-80 (bold = in my EOD Top 1000)

13. Chase & Status feat. Liam Bailey – Blind Faith (2011) - I wish they were this good again.
16. Fractal Dreamers – Fortuna Redux (2018) - I suppose I should give the other one a listen too, this was a standout in its CB contest
19. David Guetta feat. Sia – Titanium (2012) - One of my absolute faves. wub.gif
24. Coldplay – Paradise (2012)
25. Trentemoller - Moan (2012)
26. Kavinsky – Nightcall (2011)
28. Zedd feat. Foxes - Clarity (2013) - I really miss this Zedd, as you may know I'm not at all a fan of his most recent output.
31. FM-84 feat. Ollie Wride – Running in the Night (2017)
34. Lana Del Rey – Video Games (2011)
35. CHVRCHES vs Eric Prydz – Tether (2015)

38. Clean Bandit – Mozart’s House (2013)
39. Swedish House Mafia – Greyhound (2012) - basically a tie between this and DYWC for my fave SHM song - I hope the latter is still to come here as I recall you really liked that
40. Max Richter – Spring 1 (Ade Laugee remix) (2014)
44. Christine & The Queens – Tilted/Christine (2016)
48. The Midnight - Gloria (2017)
49. Daft Punk feat. Pharrell Williams – Get Lucky (2013)
53. Haim – The Wire (2013)
55. Lana Del Rey – Born to Die (2012)
56. Joe Goddard feat. Valentina – Gabriel (2011)
57. Coldplay – Midnight (2014)
58. Duke Dumont feat. Jax Jones – I Got U (2014)
59. Matrix & Futurebound feat. Baby Blue – Magnetic Eyes (2013)
60. Avicii – Penguin (2011) - this isn't one of my big Avicii faves in any of its forms, but it's a great track anyway and at least it's not Leona's version here
63. Jessie Ware – 110% (If You’re Never Gonna Move) (2012)
67. Porter Robinson & Madeon - Shelter (2016)
68. Ellie Goulding – Figure 8 (2012)
72. Disclosure feat. Sam Smith – Latch (2012)
73. Faul & Wad-Ad & PNAU - Changes (2013)

78. Imagine Dragons - Radioactive (2013)
79. Jay Dabhi & Moises Modesto – Cry for Freedom (2014)
80. Chase & Status feat. Mali – Let You Go (2010)

I'll have to give Precious Little, Utopia and Home We Made listens again I seem to remember enjoying those too but can't recall how they went.

+Quote this post
Chez Wombat
post 18th January 2020, 12:07 PM
Post #54
Group icon

Thanks Dan! I would definitely recommend the whole Fractal Dreamers EP! It's all very much the same kind of style.

We'll see if you're right re: SHM ;o Let's start the top 10!

-x-

10. M83 – Un Nouveau Soleil (2014)

*in b4 Bré says 'you forgot 10'* The final song here for 2010s electronic pioneers M83 starts us off with possibly the song that really cemented my love for them when I found it quite by chance through seeing another song from the soundtrack to some random French erotica film that it was on (Ali & Matthias, also highly recommended) and from the first listen, I knew this would stay with me a long time as a favourite. Translating to 'A New Sun', it is the perfect musical depiction of that beginning with solemn strings before a low electronic riff rises from the ashes to explode in a beam of light into a shimmering, glorious sunrise before returning to those solemn, reflective strings to close the track on a beautiful note. It's a wild ride and is truly reflective of the epic scope they are capable of and the sun still shines to this day.

+Quote this post
Sergej
post 18th January 2020, 12:11 PM
Post #55
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

Since my last comment, here are the songs that I liked from your top 20:
13. Chase & Status feat. Liam Bailey – Blind Faith (2011)

+Quote this post
Chez Wombat
post 18th January 2020, 12:27 PM
Post #56
Group icon

Thank you! Hope you like some more still to come x

-x-

9. Swedish House Mafia feat. John Martin – Don’t You Worry Child (2012)

The one big UK hit that features in my top 10, which I certainly wouldn't have foreseen at the start of the decade but there we go. This was my favourite song of 2012 at the time and it's remained that way since (unlike other years in which there have been some changes ;o), I love this just as much as I did at the time and while it's hardly their most adventurous outing, it's easily their most emotional and profound. It still remains their last ever release at this stage, I mean apparently they have new music coming soon but I've not actually seen any hints of that so I'm more than happy for this staying there as it is such a wonderful swan song, with some typically flawless production and breakdown, some great shout-along vocals and a real sense of looking back on life and moving on that is something that is always relatable as you move on in life so I have always really resonated with it as well as loved it as a dance banger. It finally getting them a number 1 was a real moment and I'm really pleased it's held up over the years as a dance classic, Swedish House Mafia may be gone but with this, they ensured they will never be forgotten.

+Quote this post
Chez Wombat
post 18th January 2020, 12:39 PM
Post #57
Group icon

8. Bombay Bicycle Club – Luna (2014)

My radio alarm being Radio 1 has allowed me to sometimes discover songs/artists that I wouldn't otherwise have found it and despite me being a zombie whenever I hear them, I do always remember to save the ones that stand out, and this was certainly the case with this song. I do love a good emotional indie song and especially duets, and Luna really radiates that from all corners, it's synth-rock combination is one that is brilliantly effective, but the real power comes from the wonderful duet in the chorus between the lead singer's soft touch and the beautiful vocals of a criminally uncredited Rae Morris that bring the rather poetic imagery to life. A glorious, very quick listen and one I've just not stopped going back to.

+Quote this post
Chez Wombat
post 18th January 2020, 12:56 PM
Post #58
Group icon

7. Thomas Bergersen – One Million Voices (2019)

While you may have noticed the later years of the decade have been a little underrepresented in this top 100, that doesn't mean that they didn't have their fair share of songs I really liked, and this one I am not afraid to say after only a year of listening to it, I would rank this as one of my favourite discoveries of the decade. One Million Voices was a special track released by Thomas Bergersen (the brains behind Two Steps From Hell, if you're not aware) to celebrate a million subscribers to the channel, hence the title, but the cinematic, worldly scope of the track goes well beyond that. It is a truly stunning nine minute song that incorporates almost various styles of world music - Irish tap dancing, Arabian drums, Bulgarian chanting, Japanese cyberpunk and so many types of culture all brought into one track, it not only goes to so many places on the world, but it also tells many stories and captures many voices as it progresses, and it's all tied round Thomas Bergersen's signature classical and choral style. I've never seen such a rousing celebration of the people and the vast planet we live in and it really needs to be played when the world is watching so everyone can feel the sheer power of this. It is truly one of the most marvellous pieces of music I've discovered and had it had more than a year for me to really appreciate it, it may have been even higher.

+Quote this post
Chez Wombat
post 18th January 2020, 01:15 PM
Post #59
Group icon

6. Wintergatan – Sommarfagel

My highest Buzzjack related discovery on this list, and it doesn't actually come from BJSC surprisingly but instead from Unknown Pleasures. It's such an endearing little oddity that took me by surprise at the time and I have really enjoyed coming back to it since. An instrumental made up of a symphony of accordions, xylophones and twinkling keyboards that turns into an addictive, swirling funky track that only grows in energy and has a brilliantly poetic structure in its rhythms. Accompanied by a wonderful image in the video of Harry Potter on a bike, it really gives the impression of going on that fantasy, child-like adventure. An example of why I'm very glad for Buzzjack and the weird part of YouTube as I'd certainly have never heard this strange little thing anywhere else, it always makes me very happy when I hear it and was my favourite song of 2013...but is it still that? thinking.gif

Tune in tomorrow for the top 5!

+Quote this post
Sergej
post 18th January 2020, 01:15 PM
Post #60
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

I really enjoy "Don't You Worry Child" and it was very tragic to see the group break up in 2013, even though they've kinda reunited and went on tour again. I want to have more songs from them, it's shame that we'll probably never get them.

+Quote this post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 26th April 2024, 06:02 PM