BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
3 Pages V  < 1 2 3  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Track Of The Week • Sandcastles
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Josh!
post Nov 25 2017, 06:51 PM
Post #41
c:
Group: Members
Member No.: 20,692

Josh says - Haunted wasn't one of my immediate highlights from the self-titled album but it is one that has grown on me massively over the years and is now probably in my top three from the album. I think my highlight of the song is the sensual whispering of the 'KISS. BITE. f*** ME.' bit, it just works so well. I remember the start of the video completely terrifying 14 year-old me too when I first watched the visuals to go with the BEYONCÉ album laugh.gif

Sean says - the introduction to this is actually quite chilling to suit the title of Haunted, and the way it echoes and fades. It doesn't match my love for Pretty Hurts which launches the album brilliantly and the production on this feels quite limp in comparison. It eventually picks up though after the slow start and the beat is quite catchy.

Harry says - I love the production of this and her voice sounds really slick in this. I feel like this could be the one that continues to surprise me when I hear Beyonce album. Also I adore the video
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cody Burnett
post Nov 26 2017, 07:46 AM
Post #42
umpah umpah
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 21,308
   No Gallery Pics

First off, the prologue with the announcer butchering Beyonce’s name was hilarious (Bee-yawnce Knowles rotf.gif)

I actually hammered this a lot during Halloween (typically because of the title and not the subject matter). It’s the subtleties in the production that get me here, which is weird because my music tastes are normally instant and maximal. It’s something that plays on the more seductive side of her, yet it doesn’t go full on like Partition does. Her voice is more alluring and tries to pull you in, almost like a siren, especially in emphasizing certain parts (“My haunted luuuuuuuungs, ghost in the sheeeeeeeets”) for one. It ends up being a bit maximal during the climax, where everything just seems to come to a head, the beat intensifying and pulsating through the speakers and her voice getting louder and more refined.

There’s still a hint of cockiness that she possesses (“You like it? The bedroom's my runway” being the highlighted line) but it’s hidden so profusely in the song it almost feels like a staple.

+Quote Post
SGrey
post Nov 26 2017, 10:23 AM
Post #43
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Group: AF Leader
Member No.: 20,182

Omg Cody that cannot be unheard now rotf.gif

+Quote Post
HarryEzra
post Dec 5 2017, 07:01 PM
Post #44
Took a DNA test, turns out I'm a 100% that bitch!
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 20,835

Up next with.... 8 Days Of Christmas

I Say: Doesn't It Feel Like Christmas whenever this track comes on? It is IMO one of the most underrated Christmas songs around and the reason why it doesn't get enough airplay around the holidays or isn't brought much during the period which is a massive shame because Destiny's Child has released a great Xmas classic. I think I remember growing up it was on channels more for the holidays than it is now. I guess it to TV Channels there are better Xmas songs.

Josh Says: "This is one of the go-to Christmas songs for me and is probably in my top favourite festive bangers to bring out during winter. Unfortunately, it doesn't get as much airplay as loads of other Christmas songs but I always love it when a current act does an original Christmas song a bit like Ariana Grande and Kelly Clarkson from recent years so I'm a big fan of this too. Recently, I've been getting more into their version of Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer too so I know these will serve me well over the next month cheer.gif".

Sean Says: "I often forget that there is this gem at this time of year as my love for other Christmas tracks and albums. It really suits Bey's voice perfectly and should definitely be spun more. The production is great to keep it a bit R&B as well as giving it that seasonal edge".

What does everyone else think of 8 Days Of Christmas?

+Quote Post
Theonix
post Dec 5 2017, 07:19 PM
Post #45
BUY Phoenix on Amazon / STREAM Phoenix on Spotify
Group: Genre Mod
Member No.: 8,661

I haven't played that yet this year but what a banger! *.* Definitely one of the more well remembered Christmas non chart hits of the 00s. Their version of "Carol of the Bells" from the album is beautiful too.

+Quote Post
SGrey
post Feb 25 2018, 03:04 PM
Post #46
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Group: AF Leader
Member No.: 20,182

Sean says...
Sandcastles really stood out for me when I invested in Lemonade. There is really something quite raw about this track which makes it stand out among it's other album tracks, being quite an honest and downplayed Beyoncé that were not really used to. The quirky piano intro at the beginning and the vocal tones are fantastic and I think this should have been included in an acoustic set on the Formation tour but I think I'm apart of the minority on that one.

Harry says...
Whilst it may not be one of the highs of the album, sandcastles is a nice enough ballad. The vocals are the best part but the production is a little bit seen before. I don't go back to this as much as some of Lemonade but its a nice listen like I said, that's all I have to say about it really

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th August 2019 - 12:00 AM