BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
25 Pages V  « < 17 18 19 20 21 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> FSR Rontvia National Thread 3.0, 163: Die Arkitekt feat Lena Platonos - Mirkhel
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
gooddelta
post Aug 23 2019, 01:16 PM
Post #361
Hello?
Group: Members
Member No.: 116
   No Gallery Pics

IDER Swim in for BJSC 117

Following a bizarre result last month that saw Spacetrain's Salsa Me win its semi-final and then finish bottom three in the final, FSR Rontvia has regrouped and English electronic pop duo IDER have been chosen to represent the nation in the 117th edition of BJSC. Formed in London, Lily Somerville and Megan Markwick have just released their debut album Emotional Education, and Swim was selected by the Rontvian public in a national final that consisted of every song from their album. The track got 43% of the vote, with Saddest Generation second on 24%.

Ricardo Delta of the RTVN said: "Swim is a gorgeous slice of melancholy summer pop, with the slow tempo and lovely chords of the verses giving way to a tropical breakdown and then a beautifully sung middle-eight. We really think IDER are ones to watch, their album is fantastic and this very necessary track about mental health and coping with their experiences of the music industry was the Rontvian public's instant highlight in the national final."

Swim has been at No.1 in the Rontvian charts for the last two weeks, ahead of the new singles by two other former entrants - Amaremare by Dolcenera and Kiss My Fat Ass by Sheppard.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
gooddelta
post Sep 20 2019, 01:25 PM
Post #362
Hello?
   No Gallery Pics

A timeless heartbreak anthem for BJSC 118

Following a respectable 26th place finish for Swim by IDER, FSR Rontvia has lined up another rising British star for the 118th contest, being held this month in Bellamia and Jadakissnia. Lily Moore is a new talent from London but raised in the Brighton area, and is the daughter of late Thin Lizzy guitarist Gary Moore. The 21-year-old, who has supported the likes of George Ezra and James Bay on tour and recently performed her new single In-Between with Maverick Sabre on Sunday Brunch, has a mature and soulful voice that is almost a cross between Amy Winehouse and Duffy. Her summer single Over You, about the emotional hardship of navigating her way through a break-up while still liking her ex, could easily pass for a timeless classic ballad. The video for the track was filmed at various locations across London, even including her weekly shop in Tesco.

Ricardo Delta of the RTVN said: "We saw Lily live last week at her More Moore concert in London. The support act was Millie Turner, who performed her 6th place Rontvian classic The Shadow, but Lily was the star of the show. Her voice is like caramel, she has fantastic charisma, her melodies are instantly anthemic and her lyrics are incredibly relatable. We couldn't pass up the opportunity to send Over You, which debuted at No.1 in FSR Rontvia following the show. Watch out for Lily, we believe she's going to be propping up the tastemaker lists for 2020 in a few months time, she definitely deserves to be huge."

+Quote Post
Addy!
post Sep 20 2019, 01:54 PM
Post #363
BuzzJack Legend
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 2,666

this is cute wub.gif

to me she sounds more like in between Amy and Adele.

+Quote Post
gooddelta
post Sep 20 2019, 02:33 PM
Post #364
Hello?
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Addy K!ng @ Sep 20 2019, 02:54 PM) *
this is cute wub.gif

to me she sounds more like in between Amy and Adele.

True, maybe more live she had a Duffy vibe. I read somewhere that one of her early influences was Duffy's Warwick Avenue. I guess she'd have been 10 at the time, which is scary to me as it feels like...not long ago at all!

+Quote Post
gooddelta
post Oct 19 2019, 10:14 PM
Post #365
Hello?
   No Gallery Pics

A gang of wolves for Halloween month

Following a fantastic top 20 finish for Lily Moore last month, for the 119th contest - which will be hosted by Lotunia - FSR Rontvia has returned to the world of Norwegian dance to source In My Arms, the new single by Oslo-based producer Wolfgang Wee.

Ricardo Delta takes up the story: "In My Arms is a house cover of the fantastic 1985 Pointer Sisters single Back In My Arms. While the group smashed with songs like Jump (For My Love), I'm So Excited and Automatic, Back In My Arms criminally did nothing at all.

"We hope this is rectified in BJSC, and that this update of the track finds its audience. It's the sort of huge melody that could have only come from the 80s, but the modern production really helps it to sparkle. The chorus is a real hairbrush diva moment and the slightly darker sound of the middle eight is also deliciously retro."

In My Arms climbed to No.1 in FSR Rontvia this week, replacing Vincent by Sarah Connor, which finally ascended to the top two weeks ago after spending more than three months yo-yoing around the top ten.

+Quote Post
gooddelta
post Nov 20 2019, 09:38 PM
Post #366
Hello?
   No Gallery Pics

Aussie choir round off the decade

After one of our worst ever results last month after fading into the background in the semis, FSR Rontvia are (hopefully) bouncing back with something unique and very different for the final contest of the decade, which is being held in Unovia. Spinifex Gum is a musical collaboration between The Cat Empire’s Felix Riebl and Ollie McGill, and Marliya Choir, an all-female, all-Indigenous group from Cairns that sing in English, Yindjibarndi and Kala Lagaw Ya. Sisters is the title track of their new album, and Ricardo Delta of the RTVN explains why it was picked as the nation's 120th entry:

"When we first heard Sisters it was a real 'wow' moment. While the last choral single to top the charts in FSR Rontvia was back in 2011 (Wherever You Are by Military Wives), it's a genre that has always been popular here. But Sisters is really something else. While it has the traditional, and almost Christmassy, feel of a lot of choral music, the minimal but contemporary production, the catchy chorus and the beautiful harmonies really stand out."

Sisters debuted at No.1 in FSR Rontvia last week, replacing Over The Hump by The Kelly Family, while album tracks Dream Baby Dream, Together, Living In A Dream, Out Where You Are and Sunshine also entered the Rontvian singles chart simultaneously.

+Quote Post
Brer
post Nov 20 2019, 09:44 PM
Post #367
I'll just stick around and do some more damage
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 8,300

'Sisters' apparently a popular song title for collaborations with indigenous vocal groups following my entry from A Tribe Called Red & Northern Voice last year...!

+Quote Post
gooddelta
post Nov 23 2019, 09:16 PM
Post #368
Hello?
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Bré @ Nov 20 2019, 09:44 PM) *
'Sisters' apparently a popular song title for collaborations with indigenous vocal groups following my entry from A Tribe Called Red & Northern Voice last year...!

Oh yes! Guess the solidarity is understandably strong amongst these types of groups!

+Quote Post
gooddelta
post Jan 21 2020, 02:25 PM
Post #369
Hello?
   No Gallery Pics

Midnight Kids' nostalgic power pop sound kicks off new decade

For the first contest of the 2020s, taking place in Scherzland, FSR Rontvia have gone for some power electronic pop from the US in the form of Run It by Midnight Kids featuring Annika Wells. Production duo Midnight Kids have been on our radar for some years now, with their remix of No One Has To Know by Goldfish finishing in our 2018 end of year top 10, albeit we didn't send that as we'd already finished top five with Goldfish's Moonwalk Away in 2014.

Ricardo Delta of the RTVN explains why the time is now right for their participation: "Midnight Kids are an incredibly talented act who have had some traction with their fantastic remixes - just last week they put out an incredible reworking of Owl City and Carly Rae Jepsen's Good Time - but when we first heard Run It we realised that they're also now starting to strike gold with their original material. The huge anthemic chorus and nostalgic lyrics instantly evoke big 80s power pop vibes but the production is very much bang up to date, albeit with a sprinkling of late 00s style influence thrown in for good measure. It's very much ready for streaming playlists and the radio and we hope to see them make a global commercial breakthrough soon."

Run It is currently No.1 in the Rontvian charts for a third week, moving back up a place to recommence its run after Delta Goodrem's Let It Rain knocked it off for a week. The Fizz complete the top three with new entry The World We Left Behind.

+Quote Post
✖ leww ✖
post Jan 23 2020, 10:26 PM
Post #370
escape in the taste of summerrrrrr
Member No.: 9,403

i haven't heard semi two yet but i think this could be the winner rich...

+Quote Post
dandy*
post Jan 23 2020, 10:31 PM
Post #371
Mansonette
Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 54
   No Gallery Pics

Definitely! First time I’ve heard something that shouts winner at me in ages.

+Quote Post
danG
post Jan 23 2020, 10:41 PM
Post #372
Group: Chart Mod
Member No.: 11,746
   No Gallery Pics

sounds great and I think it could give us another Rontvii win. ohmy.gif Find Our Way is also really good (there's 2 versions of it!)

+Quote Post
gooddelta
post Jan 23 2020, 11:33 PM
Post #373
Hello?
   No Gallery Pics

Wow that would certainly be a turn up for the books *.* such a strong contest for potential winners so who knows but it’s great to have what seems like a competitive entry at least!

Thanks for the links Dan, will check those tracks out. Some of their remixes are fantastic.

+Quote Post
dandy*
post Jan 24 2020, 10:23 PM
Post #374
Mansonette
Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 54
   No Gallery Pics

Tbh I’m totally here for a Rontvian victory, it’s been a while!

+Quote Post
gooddelta
post Feb 25 2020, 11:18 AM
Post #375
Hello?
   No Gallery Pics

A Greek language Dutch classic for 122

After a huge amount of hype and numerous winner predictions, Run It by Midnight Kids ultimately fell slightly short last month but returned FSR Rontvia to the top three for the first time since Freya Ridings' subsequent huge UK smash hit Lost Without You came 2nd after scoring the same number of points as the winner but losing in a tie-break nearly two years ago.

Realising that we could not top that with another modern track this month, we have changed paths again for the 122nd contest, which is being held in Aeroche, and sent an old Rontvian favourite, Eleni by Tol & Tol.

Ricardo Delta from the RTVN explains the choice: "Eleni is a song that has been on our radar for some time, musically it's cut from the same cloth as the likes of Ilumbarada or some Enigma material. It's a timeless sounding world music piece with Greek lyrics that was a No.1 hit in duo Tol & Tol's native Netherlands in the opening weeks of 1990. European success for the track followed, but sadly not in the UK where it fizzled out at No.73 in April that year. We wanted to reactivate this beautiful track for a new audience 30 years later and we hope it can stand out and win some fans".

Eleni has previously peaked at No.3 in the Rontvian charts and has re-entered the top five this month where it joins current Hendinian BJSC entry Goliath by Smith & Thell, Dua Lipa's Physical, Special-K's Quest To Impress and Dotter's Bulletproof.

This post has been edited by gooddelta: Feb 25 2020, 11:25 AM

+Quote Post
gooddelta
post Mar 28 2020, 10:39 PM
Post #376
Hello?
   No Gallery Pics

A trip to the Mindcircus of 2002 for BJSC 123

For our long-awaited return to Hendina, where we have seen success in the past, FSR Rontvia have gone for another oldie, but have fast-forwarded 13 years on from Eleni through to 2002, and the UK No.39 hit Mindcircus by English electronic duo Way Out West. Featuring vocals by Tricia Lee Kelshall, the track was co-written by Imogen Heap and has become a classic in some circles, although still feels widely unknown on a mainstream level.

Ricardo Delta from the RTVN explains the choice: "We wanted to send a nostalgic, melancholy piece this month, and very little tugs at our heartstrings as much as the beautiful Mindcircus. A swirling trip-hop and drum & bass influenced track with some wonderful breakdowns and one of the loveliest piano intros and melodies, the track nevertheless never veers off its electronic course, and the equally wonderful Gabriel & Dresden remix, which we love just as much, has contributed to the hit being an enduring classic in FSR Rontvia.

"Last week it even reached No.1 for the first time, where it remains this week, after previously peaking at No.3. Now was very much the right time to send this beauty and we hope it can stir the emotions and bring some light to the Buzzjack world."

+Quote Post
Dobbo
post Apr 3 2020, 11:24 AM
Post #377
BuzzJack Legend
Member No.: 20,053
   No Gallery Pics

This is my fave of yours in a good while I would say. Very calming & peaceful to listen to.

+Quote Post
gooddelta
post May 6 2020, 11:30 AM
Post #378
Hello?
   No Gallery Pics

Enchantéd by BJSC 124

New Zealand-based electronic duo SACHI have teamed up with singer Naïka, who grew up between Guadeloupe, Vanuatu, Kenya and Paris, for Enchanté, which has been selected to represent FSR Rontvia at BJSC 124, being held in United States Of Jack following their long-awaited debut win last month.

The song was released in March and immediately caught the ear of the RTVN, as Ricardo Delta explains: "We've been encouraged by our results so far this year, with a top three result for Run It, while our trips down memory lane with Eleni and Mindcircus were also generally well received. We were keen to send something more on the pulse this month though, and when Enchanté dropped into our lap we snapped it up.

"The sassy song, which takes cues from French house, four-to-the-floor disco and pop-tinged electronic, is an empowering song with an addictive bilingual hook and a confident spirit that translates universally. It has been No.1 in FSR Rontvia for the past couple of weeks and we hope it will go down well in the contest."

+Quote Post
gooddelta
post Jun 10 2020, 11:34 AM
Post #379
Hello?
   No Gallery Pics

90s ravers N-Joi remix Brighton singer Hayley Ross for 125

FSR Rontvia has sourced local talent for our 125th BJSC entry, and will be sending Brighton singer-songwriter Hayley Ross to Jupiterdonia this month. Originally a soulful pop song from Hayley's debut album The Weight Of Hope, the remix package for Come Back includes a retool by 90s rave outfit N-Joi, who hit the UK top ten with Anthem in 1991. It is this mix, which has already had airplay on BBC 6 Music and BBC Introducing, that will be representing FSR Rontvia.

Following the mid-May release of the remix package, the song smashed into the Rontvian charts and has since climbed to No.1, fending off stiff competition including Delta Goodrem's Keep Climbing, Lady Gaga and Ariana Grande's Rain On Me and Daði Freyr's Think About Things.

Ricardo Delta from the RTVN explains the entry choice: "Hayley has been on our radar for a little while, and we always thought Come Back was a pleasant song elevated by Hayley's sumptuous, soulful voice. But the N-Joi remix takes the track into another dimension altogether, bringing a rave and big-beat feel to the production and an added urgency to the lyrics. The huge post-chorus electronic breakdowns take us right back to the glorious sound of 90s dance."

This post has been edited by gooddelta: Jun 10 2020, 11:38 AM

+Quote Post
✖ leww ✖
post Jun 10 2020, 11:56 AM
Post #380
escape in the taste of summerrrrrr
Member No.: 9,403

OOH this is so intriguing!! what a find. really liking this!

+Quote Post

25 Pages V  « < 17 18 19 20 21 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 04:49 PM