BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
10 Pages V  « < 8 9 10  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Buzzjack Mountain National Thread
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
TheSnake
post Jan 27 2018, 02:55 PM
Post #181
Say that hiss with your chest, and...
Group: Memberrs
Member No.: 23,308
   No Gallery Pics

Glad Dobago are fans! cheer.gif

Yep I know its a bit cheesy and early 10s sounding but its a particularly good example of its type of dance imo. We discovered it in late 2016 and had it as a potential entry once before iirc, but rediscovered it recently and decided to enter it finally. And anyway we haven't had much early 10's sounding dance in BJSC recently (although maybe some of the K-pop entries have been kind of) so we at Buzzjack Mountain thought, why not enter it?

Our next entry is likely to be more serious and underground sounding. Maybe not as serious as Tension though, that was Buzzjack Mountain at its most sensible.

This post has been edited by The Snake : Jan 27 2018, 02:57 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
TheSnake
post Feb 19 2018, 02:54 PM
Post #182
   No Gallery Pics

BJSC102 Entry - Duck and Cover - Big Bad Bells

We are honoured to be chosen as the entry to commence Semi 2! cheer.gif dance.gif

+Quote Post
TheSnake
post Mar 19 2018, 09:01 PM
Post #183
   No Gallery Pics

BJSC103 Entry - Ace - Heavensent

Buzzjack Mountain again, in their quirkiness, seem to have once again shied away from providing anything that sounds like it would qualify and have decided to go with this as their BJSC 103 entry.

+Quote Post
TheSnake
post Jan 26 2019, 12:30 AM
Post #184
   No Gallery Pics

BJSC111 Entry - Talk Talk - Talk Talk (single version)

Buzzjack Mountain is pleased to be back after a short
break from the contest and is ready to provide a good variety of entries for 2019, starting with this one, which is quite different in style to anything we have sent before, but maintains the Buzzjack Mountain love for energetic production.

We hope you will enjoy this and the rest of the entries Buzzjack Mountain will be sending this year. This thread will be being kept updated more this year, and we are considering changing our flag too soon so there will be some exciting times ahead for Buzzjack Mountain.

This post has been edited by The Snake: Jan 26 2019, 12:35 AM

+Quote Post
mdh
post Jan 26 2019, 08:41 AM
Post #185
BuzzJack Legend
Group: Members
Member No.: 22,776
   No Gallery Pics

I can't believe this didn't get vetoed, I thought everyone would know it already !! Regardless, fab entry to start the year off wub.gif

This post has been edited by mdh: Jan 26 2019, 08:41 AM

+Quote Post
TheSnake
post Jan 26 2019, 02:35 PM
Post #186
   No Gallery Pics

Glad you like it mdh. biggrin.gif Yes Buzzjack Mountain usually go for really unknown dance songs we find on Beatport but the success of 'Dr Mabuse' and 'Rockin For Myself' in recent contests encouraged us to send this. I wouldn't say it was that well known any more, it seems to be mostly forgotten, apart from popping up on eponomous song threads on the internet and has been vastly overshadowed in terms of popularity and radio play by the band's best known song 'It's My Life'.

+Quote Post
TheSnake
post Aug 22 2019, 07:00 PM
Post #187
   No Gallery Pics

BJSC 117 Entry - Brioni Faith - Skyscrapers (Industrial Mix)

+Quote Post
TheSnake
post Feb 14 2021, 10:32 PM
Post #188
   No Gallery Pics

Something different from Buzzjack Mountain this time, soft rock instead of dance this time. In terms of music the summery sound of this song Chhor Denge is what we needed this time of year I think as we look forward to spring and summer, we are a big fan of summery sounding songs in Buzzjack Mountain, an example of this is Te Amo being our favourite Rihanna song. Like that song Chhor Denge has use of summery classical acoustic guitar in a part of it, which we like. Although in contrast with the summery sounding music the lyrics in English of Chhor Denge are actually quite dark and are about the end of a relationship https://lyricsraag.com/chhor-denge-translat...tehi-parampara/

We spotted this on the UK iTunes chart, the catchy vocal and electric guitar riff really made us enjoy the song.

+Quote Post
awardinary
post Feb 14 2021, 10:44 PM
Post #189
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Group: Genre Mod
Member No.: 21,587
   No Gallery Pics

Greetings Buzzjack Mountain! hi.gif

Just having a listen to your entry now, and wondering how this came to be in the iTunes chart recently, but it has a great guitar riff (maybe would have worked in a Nuggets contest?) this is certainly a different sound to what I was expecting, and I thought perhaps the song you had chosen to send that was recently high on iTunes was by Mahmet Orhan but I forget the title but it was a violin song.

Look forward to seeing how you do in your semi final! Good luck from Zanmatony!

+Quote Post
TheSnake
post Feb 14 2021, 11:01 PM
Post #190
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(awardinary @ Feb 14 2021, 10:44 PM) *

Just having a listen to your entry now, and wondering how this came to be in the iTunes chart recently, but it has a great guitar riff (maybe would have worked in a Nuggets contest?) this is certainly a different sound to what I was expecting, and I thought perhaps the song you had chosen to send that was recently high on iTunes was by Mahmet Orhan but I forget the title but it was a violin song.

Look forward to seeing how you do in your semi final! Good luck from Zanmatony!

Many thanks to Zanmatony from Buzzjack Mountain for this great diplomatic message. I was actually going to send Chhor Denge to the Nuggets song contest but I thought I would send it to BJSC just to see how it would do, also because its different to what I usually send to BJSC.

Indian songs do make the UK iTunes chart occasionally and while I like most of them as I am a fan of Indian music this one is the best one I've heard so far.

The guitar riff is one of the best parts of the song I agree. There should be more guitar riffs in pop songs I think.

+Quote Post
Anita Hanjaab
post Mar 1 2021, 07:31 PM
Post #191
Buffy/Charmed
Group: Members
Member No.: 18,639
   No Gallery Pics

MUUUCH bettee than either song in the top 2!!! THIS SHOULD HAVE WAN!!!!!!

+Quote Post
TheSnake
post Mar 1 2021, 07:44 PM
Post #192
   No Gallery Pics

Omg knew you would have liked it, it's a pity Beaverdonia was banned this contest sad.gif

+Quote Post
TheSnake
post Mar 12 2021, 07:31 PM
Post #193
   No Gallery Pics

Here is our entry for BJSC 133 - we were almost not going to send it because we didn't like the lyrical theme actually but the production is absolutely what we like in a good house track, and we really like the R&B influenced vocal style in it.

+Quote Post
awardinary
post Mar 12 2021, 08:47 PM
Post #194
BuzzJack Platinum Member
   No Gallery Pics

This sounds like a funky track right from the off! Very fresh just like a ripe piece of fruit. Why are they called Rare Birds? Are they nightingales? ohmy.gif

Anyway I’m here for this song doing better than your last entry did and I’m glad that we are in the same Semi final this month! cheer.gif

+Quote Post
TheSnake
post Mar 12 2021, 11:49 PM
Post #195
   No Gallery Pics

Not sure why they are called Rare Birds but it is a good and distinctive artist name.

The cover art for this is iconic too we think, pity there's no video for the song yet.

That's good you like the song anyway, I suppose it is quite funky but we have sent funkier sounding dance entries before. The background synths in the second half of the song particularly drew us to select it as our entry.

This post has been edited by TheSnake: Mar 12 2021, 11:50 PM

+Quote Post
TheSnake
post Apr 13 2021, 09:47 PM
Post #196
   No Gallery Pics

BJSC 134 entry

+Quote Post
awardinary
post Feb 18 2023, 12:48 PM
Post #197
BuzzJack Platinum Member
   No Gallery Pics

Welcome back Buzzjack Mountain! Your trippy entry this month fills me with a lot of emotions at the same time, a real ravey anthem! music.gif Hope it does well for you.

+Quote Post
TheSnake
post Feb 18 2023, 07:47 PM
Post #198
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(awardinary @ Feb 18 2023, 12:48 PM) *
Welcome back Buzzjack Mountain! Your trippy entry this month fills me with a lot of emotions at the same time, a real ravey anthem! music.gif Hope it does well for you.

Yes we were inspired by the recent prominence of Nia Archives to send this sort of tune!

This post has been edited by TheSnake: Feb 18 2023, 07:47 PM

+Quote Post

10 Pages V  « < 8 9 10
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 08:06 AM