BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Queen of Katwe, David Oyelowo & Lupita Nyong'o | 21st October 2016
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Josh!
post Oct 17 2016, 03:19 PM
Post #1
Group icon
c:
User: 20,692

Comes out in just four days now so I'm beginning to get really excited for this. I love Lupita in anything she's in so I'm glad to see her get a proper good role again by the sounds of it.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Josh!
post Oct 22 2016, 03:36 PM
Post #2
Group icon
c:
User: 20,692
Pacing wise I found this a little dull and slow but then what can you expect from a film about a board game really. That's my only realy gripe with it really, thought the shots were all beautifully vibrant and joyful and helped to capture the spirit of Africa. The plot was sweet and all the family moments are earned and really touch your heart, I was welling up when Fiona goes back to her Mum after staying with coach for a while. The acting was also really solid, the little girl and David Oyelowo had nice chemistry and were very likeable. My favourite was probably Lupita and her character though, loved how fiery she was yet you can tell how much all she wanted was to protect her family, she had some great emotional parts too. Far from the most exciting film but a well-made anyway, don't think I'll be revisiting it though.

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post Oct 26 2016, 08:37 PM
Post #3
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.
User: 20,947
Yeah I pretty much agree with what Josh said! Loved it but especially in the middle I found it a bit slow! Really nice and uplifting film though and David/Lupita/Madina Nalwanga were all fantastic and it was just a lovely film! wub.gif

8.5/10 (verging towards 9/10)

Also still shocked this is Lupita's first live-action role since 12 Years A Slave! (Apart from Non-Stop which was already filmed when 12YAS was released!)

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 03:40 AM