BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
4 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Final Fantasy series, News | Reviews | Rumours | General Chat
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
awardinary
post Jan 14 2018, 11:51 PM
Post #1
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Group: Genre Mod
Member No.: 21,587
   No Gallery Pics

A place to discuss games from the series and any related news.

Which title is your favourite and why?

Mine is Final Fantasy X which was remastered both for PS3 and PS4. It goes down as my all-time favourite computer game due to story plot, character development, variety of fiends and aeons and not to forget Blitzball.

This post has been edited by awardinary: Jan 24 2018, 12:18 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
rafik4u
post Jan 15 2018, 01:32 PM
Post #2
BuzzJack Enthusiast
Group: Members
Member No.: 12,633
   No Gallery Pics

My favourite franchise.

Just started replaying FFX HD Remaster for the PC. Best game ever.

+Quote Post
post Jan 15 2018, 01:40 PM
Post #3
BuzzJack Legend
Member No.: 19,931

IX will always be my favourite. I also love VII. VIII I never liked. Also enjoyed XIII and X-2 (so camp).

Mostly I just want Kingdom Hearts 3 though lol, it's been in development over a decade hasn't it?

+Quote Post
Anita Hanjaab
post Jan 15 2018, 01:52 PM
Post #4
Buffy/Charmed
Member No.: 18,639
   No Gallery Pics

9, 12 and 15 are trash - avoid them

9 is one of the worst things I have ever played

Ff5 is just boring and totally missed the mark of what an rpg should be today

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Jan 15 2018, 02:08 PM
Post #5
Brown cow, stunning!
Member No.: 10,139

12 and 15 are my faves awks although I do understand that the latter especially is barely even Final Fantasy, as someone who isn't a huge fan of the series I liked that was more action based and it recalled games I am a fan of so it brought me into the franchise and made me check out other iterations. 12 I haven't completed and have gotten a bit bored of but it seems like an easy bridge between the style of 15 and old FF, still seeming a bit action based but you still have to select the actions and strategise a bit more.

I haven't played the "golden" PS1/2 days of like 7-10 although I have the remaster of 10 for PS4. I've tried some of the older ones on DS and couldn't get into them, but 12 and 15 took a bit for me to get into so I think as with many RPGs I should give them another proper chance and realise you have to slog for like 10 hours sometimes before it gets good. I'm used to Pokemon games sometimes taking like 5-10 hours to get good so I should steel myself for more of the same with FF tongue.gif

QUOTE(Joe. @ Jan 15 2018, 01:40 PM) *
Mostly I just want Kingdom Hearts 3 though lol, it's been in development over a decade hasn't it?

Yes! I'm glad we got some news last year and it seems to be moving along but I'm not even convinced we'll get it this year laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Regina
post Jan 15 2018, 02:13 PM
Post #6
Raining Shitter
Group: Banned
Member No.: 5,572

8,9 and 10 are the best. X-2 is also glorious. Although the Psychic dressphere is so broken, you can be immune to all damage and move around the Battlefield laugh.gif

X is great for sidequests, I just attempted blitzball for the first time ever and got all Wakka's shit, he is so broken when fully powered up. But Rikku >>>>>>>>>

15 is also top notch. Although my current fave is Type-0.

This post has been edited by Regina: Jan 15 2018, 02:18 PM

+Quote Post
Esmerelda
post Jan 15 2018, 04:16 PM
Post #7
BuzzJack Enthusiast
Member No.: 294
   No Gallery Pics

Grew up playing Final Fantasy 7,8, 9 and 10-love them all! Tried to get into 12 and 13 but just didn't enjoy them and haven't bothered with any of the others. Intrigued by the FF7 remake though.

+Quote Post
Anita Hanjaab
post Jan 15 2018, 04:19 PM
Post #8
Buffy/Charmed
   No Gallery Pics

7, 8 and 10/10-2 are by far the best.

9 is the worst EVER

6 is ok, bit like 9 just nostalgic and babyish to be nostalgic and babyish. It is also OVER THE TOP.

I'm surprised people were surprised by 12 on being so crap, when 9 already showed how low they can go.

+Quote Post
Oliver
post Jan 15 2018, 06:56 PM
Post #9
Buzzjack's Finest Alcoholic.
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 15,367

QUOTE(Joe. @ Jan 15 2018, 01:40 PM) *
IX will always be my favourite.

wub.gif

QUOTE(Shia LeMuffQueef @ Jan 15 2018, 01:52 PM) *
9 is one of the worst things I have ever played

"It was released to critical acclaim and holds the highest Metacritic score of all Final Fantasy installments. It is often cited by critics and fans as one of the best entries in the series."

Your opinion seems to be in the minority... dry.gif

+Quote Post
Oliver
post Jan 15 2018, 07:00 PM
Post #10

It's no secret that Final Fantasy IX is probably my favourite video game of all time, whilst the whole series is my favourite franchise of all time. Honestly I've sank so much time into these, and getting Final Fantasy XII for Christmas completes my collection as the only one I haven't played! wub.gif

+Quote Post
Regina
post Jan 15 2018, 07:49 PM
Post #11
Raining Shitter

9 just perfectly captires what a FF gme is meant to be about. I really do not get why anyone would hate it.

Quina rules all, seriously what an asset to the party when you use it wub.gif Burmecia and Cleyra are nigh on impossible wihout Mighty Guard/magic Hammer//White Wind.

+Quote Post
Oliver
post Jan 15 2018, 07:54 PM
Post #12

I like Quina for power-levelling against some of the harder enemies, but my team of choice is ALWAYS Zidane, Dagger, Steiner and Freya.

+Quote Post
Regina
post Jan 15 2018, 07:56 PM
Post #13
Raining Shitter

Zidance, Dagger, Quina and Freya is my go to. Although I have learned to like Amarant.

Steiner is just a pain IMO, he has less to offer than Freya in terms of abilities and never has enough MP for his attacks. Vivi becomes redundant once Dagger gets her Eidolons back. Eiko is good too, but her eidolons suck, Holy is her best ability.

+Quote Post
Oliver
post Jan 15 2018, 07:59 PM
Post #14

QUOTE(Regina @ Jan 15 2018, 07:56 PM) *
Zidance, Dagger, Quina and Freya is my go to. Although I have learned to like Amarant.

Steiner is just a pain IMO, he has less to offer than Freya in terms of abilities and never has enough MP for his attacks. Vivi becomes redundant once Dagger gets her Eidolons back. Eiko is good too, but her eidolons suck, Holy is her best ability.

Yeah I never use Vivi. I've seen a lot of people LOVE the Vivi/Steiner Sword Magic combo but it's just completely pointless. I don't tend to use magic with Steiner, I tend to try and get the best equipment for him as early as possible so his attacks are consistent with the other party member's magic attacks.

The only time I ever use Amarant is when it forces me to, his Throw ability is pretty cool but only when you use powerful items (which are rare anyway).

+Quote Post
Regina
post Jan 15 2018, 08:06 PM
Post #15
Raining Shitter

His overly hugh strength makes all his Sword Skill abilities useless IMO. Freya can literally leave the battlefield, cast Regen, restore MP and do guaranteed 9999. SHe beats him in every way. i now only use him when you have to, although the begining of disc 2 when he gets lood Sword is so good for levelling up. I always spend a good hour or teo in and around Treno, Dagger can usually access Shiva by the time I am done laugh.gif Iy also helps with Eiko since Marcus' stats carry over to her.

Sword Magic is just poo, save for Doomsday, but by that time you can have Ark so you dont need a Shadow based attack. Plus, hardly anything is weak against it laugh.gif

Amarant's Flair can be fab, he can resurrect party members and cast auto life. Although Quina can do the latter too. His most useful weapons come from Hot and COld though which can be a pain.

This post has been edited by Regina: Jan 15 2018, 08:07 PM

+Quote Post
Oliver
post Jan 15 2018, 08:19 PM
Post #16

I loved levelling up with Steiner/Marcus after getting out of the cage; you're right, the Blood Sword is a life-saver (literally laugh.gif).

+Quote Post
post Jan 15 2018, 08:21 PM
Post #17
BuzzJack Legend
Member No.: 19,931

QUOTE(Oliver @ Jan 15 2018, 07:00 PM) *
It's no secret that Final Fantasy IX is probably my favourite video game of all time, whilst the whole series is my favourite franchise of all time. Honestly I've sank so much time into these, and getting Final Fantasy XII for Christmas completes my collection as the only one I haven't played! wub.gif

It’s mine too. And there’s no point arguing with Michael about it. He will say it’s terrible until the cows come home.

+Quote Post
Regina
post Jan 15 2018, 08:24 PM
Post #18
Raining Shitter

My fave area is outside Quan's Dwelling. Those green acorn leaf things are great for levelling and once Steiner gets Blood Sword, you can pretty much OHKO them.

REALLY need the ps store to add 8 though, my ps1 packe din and I can't play it sob.gif Zell is my all time fave FF character, Quistis not far behind, with Rinoa. In fact, 8 has the strongest cast, except Selphie, useless turd that she is.

+Quote Post
Oliver
post Jan 15 2018, 08:29 PM
Post #19

QUOTE(Regina @ Jan 15 2018, 08:24 PM) *
My fave area is outside Quan's Dwelling. Those green acorn leaf things are great for levelling and once Steiner gets Blood Sword, you can pretty much OHKO them.
REALLY need the ps store to add 8 though, my ps1 packe din and I can't play it sob.gif Zell is my all time fave FF character, Quistis not far behind, with Rinoa. In fact, 8 has the strongest cast, except Selphie, useless turd that she is.

The Mandragoras can be an absolute nightmare sometimes, honestly! drama.gif

Joe I know, I just wish he'd have a genuine debate about why he thinks it's the worst. sad.gif

+Quote Post
Anita Hanjaab
post Jan 15 2018, 08:37 PM
Post #20
Buffy/Charmed
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Oliver @ Jan 15 2018, 07:00 PM) *

Yeah no.

Fan boys switched from it to 6 to try to be hipster and contrarians r.e 7 and 8 being CLEARLY the best two entries. Later players can say 10 and that is also an acceptable answer for those later to the series.

9 is a cheap pastiche - juvenile, shit, bad story, copy of all that went before. Nostalgia fans and critics just went omg, JIZZ SQWEE!! on seeing it when it is basically UNPLAYABLE. Its CRAP sales and CRAP Steam/ Ps Store sales shows no one is here for it.

+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 09:25 PM