BuzzJack

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
9 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > »   
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Sovarasma National Thread, BJSC 164: The Mary Wallopers - The Blarney Stone
Track this thread | Email this thread | Print this thread | Download this thread | Subscribe to this forum
uhsting
post 13th November 2021, 01:41 PM
Post #61
Group icon
CROWN THE WITCH
Pronouns: he/they
User: 77,363

QUOTE(diva thin muffin @ Nov 13 2021, 12:16 PM) *
Happy to help! Also wanted to note that your previous (SHOCK) non-qualifier BATHSHEBA has managed to peak at No. 7 in my personal chart. Really don't understand how that didn't qualify. Excited to see what you've got to offer for BJSC 140!

Also totally forgot that Heal Me was your entry as well! It's been a very long running hit for me with 17 weeks in the Top 200 peaking at No. 10 ohmy.gif So you actually have two singles in my top 40 right now biggrin.gif

You're welcome wink.gif Still gutted about BATHSHEBA's non-qualification but delighted to know that the song has peaked at no. 7 in your personal chart. yahoo.gif I also didn't expect Heal Me to peak at no. 10 for your chart too ohmy.gif I'm aware you haven't posted your chart on the forum for a while but I'm happy to follow your chart if it's posted somewhere else wink.gif

My BJSC 140 entry if approved is probably quite different to the songs I sent previously, but there are similarities with Heal Me. I think a lot of you will remember from where the track is sampled and I consider the track to be among the best songs of the year. I hope that the song can extend my qualification streak! I'm even more excited at the song I have prepared for BJSC 141, which really fits the time of the year regarding cold winter!
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
diva thin muffin
post 13th November 2021, 06:08 PM
Post #62
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Pronouns: he/him
User: 12,837

QUOTE(uhsting @ Nov 13 2021, 01:41 PM) *
You're welcome wink.gif Still gutted about BATHSHEBA's non-qualification but delighted to know that the song has peaked at no. 7 in your personal chart. yahoo.gif I also didn't expect Heal Me to peak at no. 10 for your chart too ohmy.gif I'm aware you haven't posted your chart on the forum for a while but I'm happy to follow your chart if it's posted somewhere else wink.gif

My BJSC 140 entry if approved is probably quite different to the songs I sent previously, but there are similarities with Heal Me. I think a lot of you will remember from where the track is sampled and I consider the track to be among the best songs of the year. I hope that the song can extend my qualification streak! I'm even more excited at the song I have prepared for BJSC 141, which really fits the time of the year regarding cold winter!

I'm not really posting it anywhere anymore but I make it every week (usually Thursdays) on a Google Sheet. I might make a thread for it again sometime but idk, I always go way overboard with the formatting the thread which is quite pointless laugh.gif Who knows though, maybe!

Excited to see what you bring for 140. I've enjoyed most of your entries so far (I think) so potentially you'll continue that streak on Monday (or whenever the reveal is)!

+Quote this post
uhsting
post 16th November 2021, 12:38 AM
Post #63
Group icon
CROWN THE WITCH

End the year on a high!

Last edition saw Sovarasma qualifying again after 2 DNQs in a row, and the HoD is determined to bring another qualification to Sovarasma to wrap up a somewhat better latter half of the year!

About Tale Of Us
Based in Berlin, Tale Of Us consists of the duo Carmine Conte and Matteo Milleri, originated from Milan. They were named one of the top 100 alternative DJs in 2018 by DJ Mag.

About Pete Tong
Pete Tong is an English DJ that works for BBC Radio 1. The name comes from the phrase "It's all gone Pete Tong", a humorous saying of "it's all gone a bit wrong". His compilation album Classic House is his first no. 1 album in the UK Albums Chart, earning a Gold certification.

About Jules Buckley
Jules Buckley is an English composer, conductor and arranger. From 2020, he is Creative Artist-in-Residence with the BBC Symphony Orchestra and also presents the BBC Radio 3 programme Classical Fix. Most notably, he performed in The Proms with BBC Symphony Orchestra, featuring Moses Sumney, an artist I may consider sending in the future! wink.gif

About Time
No pun intended, Time is perhaps well-known coming from Christopher Nolan's film Inception. The original piece is composed by Hans Zimmer. The piece uses 8 simple chords with a progression and different variations, akin to the modern Canon in D (this time the piano takes the tedious role instead of the cello).

Originally, Tale Of Us remixed this piece 4 years ago, but never released it. Pete Tong then picked up on the project and tidied up with higher-quality production. Speaking of why Pete Tong decided to take up the unpolished project, he said, "The guys had been experimenting with the original in their DJ sets which inspired us to collaborate on our own original version of this epic melancholic masterpiece.” Tale of Us then added, "These harmonies transcend time and space, we are excited and grateful to cover such a masterpiece."

If you haven't also noticed already, I've made myself a nice little banner for BJSC 140 and I will make one for every edition for Sovarasma! happy.gif

+Quote this post
uhsting
post 23rd November 2021, 09:56 PM
Post #64
Group icon
CROWN THE WITCH

Making 4 Q out of 6

Sovarasmans are ecstatic to know Pete Tong, Tale Of Us and Jules Buckley have secured another qualification for Sovarasma. Ever since the removal of national selections early in April, Sovarasma turned their fortunes around. I'm really over the moon when Sovarasma qualified! I have stayed in the semis in other contests this month but not in this one to make it a total loss in November. yahoo.gif I would like to thank all of you for voting for Time in semi-final 2 and breaking the semi-final 2 curse for Sovarasma!

Here is the original version of Time which I think is one hell of a piece composed by Hans Zimmer, and has left a huge legacy for movie soundtracks.

For BJSC 141, Sovarasma has decided to go a bit risky, going for a long slow song, but extraordinary and spectacular. When I first heard this song, they give me goosebumps. The song will also fit into the cold winter theme in January. Sovarasma may tease the location that their music video is going to be captured in the next few after BJSC 140!

This post has been edited by uhsting: 23rd November 2021, 09:57 PM

+Quote this post
uhsting
post 1st December 2021, 04:52 PM
Post #65
Group icon
CROWN THE WITCH

My top 10 according to Spotify:
1. LANKS, Yorke - KING
2. Mako - Roller Coaster
3. Barbara Pravi - Voila
4. Self Esteem - Prioritise Pleasure
5. Emilie Adams - Monogamy
6. Alice Merton - Vertigo
7. Primo - Do It Again
8. Everyone You Know - Charlie
9. MICHAELA - Tears in My Eyes
10. Gjon's Tears - Tout l'univers

1, 5, 7, 8, 9 all appeared on BJSC this year, and Do It Again is a huge discovery for me from Mulgracia in BJSC ohmy.gif

+Quote this post
uhsting
post 3rd December 2021, 09:53 PM
Post #66
Group icon
CROWN THE WITCH

New peak for Sovarasma
The citizens of Sovarasma are absolutely overjoyed to hear about their first top 10 placing in the contest. We would like to thank Danæviia especially for 18 points and a position in the nation's top 40 chart. Thanks to Aeroche for 15 points, Zanmatony and Aelandor for 13 points and Eastovka and Kathaldazia for 12 points.

What a turnaround of events this year! Sovarasma took over Why So Sirius earlier this year due to unrest partially fueled by lacklustre results in BJSC. They first sent KING (which is my most favourite song of 2020) which ended as the worst performing song this year. However, they grew and came close, eventually just missing out qualification 2 editions after. Sovarasma then announced their selection would go internal and sent Promis3 which gave the nation their second best result this year. This is proof that going by the Switzerland route in Eurovision works! After that, they scored 4 out of 6 qualifications, with Time ending the year on a high with a top 10 finish. wub.gif

We would like to thank every single nation this year for support through pointing us and giving us advice for song selections. We hope to deliver better songs next year and the tracks sent will put a lot of emphasis to the overall soundscape and intense sound production, so we will definitely be sending instrumentals again next year.

Preparations for BJSC 141 are underway and the crew have started filming their music video for BJSC 141 in Sovarasma. Here is a sneak peek of the location of the filming of the music video for BJSC 141:

Extra points if you could get which track I'm sending in BJSC 141 (obviously revealed during the semis)!

This post has been edited by uhsting: 3rd December 2021, 10:00 PM

+Quote this post
uhsting
post 19th December 2021, 05:00 PM
Post #67
Group icon
CROWN THE WITCH

FLØRE explores the world with a haunting song

Christmas is around the corner and is a delightful festival to celebrate. However, we want to use this moment to revisit the purpose of life and how some other people think of the festival.

About FLØRE
FLØRE is a German artist who is known for her dark pop songs. Her songs are inspired by "the darkness of growing up, the beautifully broken and the feeling of what it must be like when your life begins". Her music is notably produced entirely on GarageBand but she is able to demonstrate a wide variety of sounds despite limited tools.

About Another year like that and we'd all be dead
Another year like that and we'd all be dead is a personal anecdote. The song explores the meaning of life and growing up, the emotions of losing love, and what living with depression is. As we survive for another day, the commentary says that this is a day closer to death, which is overwhelming yet beautifully sweet, otherwise "we'd all be dead by now". The song aims to capture the "calm inside of a storm" feeling with the lyrics and instrumentation.

+Quote this post
uhsting
post 16th January 2022, 10:24 PM
Post #68
Group icon
CROWN THE WITCH

We present you the Lofoten Islands

Fitting with the holiday theme, Lofoten Islands is an astonishingly beautiful place to visit during winter. This is the place where the music video was filmed. As Google says:

"Lofoten is an archipelago in Norway. Its known for its dramatic scenery, with peaks like the Svolværgeita pinnacle jutting up into the sky. Himmeltindan Mountain sits on Vestvågøya Island. The nearby Lofotr Viking Museum features a Viking longhouse reconstruction. Cycle routes cover the islands, passing through fishing villages like Henningsvær, which has colorful buildings lining its waterways."

We join with the earth and with each other

This is one of the most beautiful songs I've ever heard. Beautiful melody and instrumentation coupled with the lush vocals of Helene Bøksle, this song is amongst the best song of 2021 in my opinion and I hope you will find the song amazing as well.

About Helene Bøksle
Helene Bøksle is a Norwegian singer and actress known for mixing Norwegian folk music with pop music. She attempted to represent Norway in Eurovision 2011 which qualified to the final of the competition.

About Sindre Hotvedt
Sindre Hotvedt is a Norwegian film composer who is known to compose for the TRIO TV series. Not much is known about him.

About Vega
Vega is a slow song but utilises the slow tempo to demonstrate the beauty of harmony, melody, instrumentation and vocals. The lyrics are inspired by an old prayer which was created for the first Environmental Sabbath at the UN in 1990. They talk about how we as humans should be united with the Earth and should protect her rather than damage her for economic benefits.

This post has been edited by uhsting: 16th January 2022, 10:34 PM

+Quote this post
uhsting
post 16th January 2022, 10:30 PM
Post #69
Group icon
CROWN THE WITCH

Also huge thanks to Jafet for the graphic

+Quote this post
uhsting
post 24th January 2022, 10:18 PM
Post #70
Group icon
CROWN THE WITCH

Thank you for visiting Lofoten Islands

We hope you enjoyed your stay and the beautiful scenery there! Chuffed to see my second most favourite song in 2021 qualify! cheeseblock.png

Hint for our next entry in BJSC 142

This post has been edited by uhsting: 24th January 2022, 10:19 PM

+Quote this post
uhsting
post 23rd February 2022, 01:25 PM
Post #71
Group icon
CROWN THE WITCH

Discover the Tatra Mountains

The Tatra Mountains is located at the Slovakian-Polish border. They are the highest mountain range in the Carpathian Mountains. The Tatras are included in UNESCO's World Network of Biosphere Reserves. You can enjoy stunning views from the Tatras via the labeled trail -- Rysy. The Tatras are home to more than 2000 plant species and 600 animal species. Perhaps the most well-known animal limited to the Tatras is the Tatra chamois.

The cover of the album EP1 in which the track is included takes a snapshot of the gorgeous Tatra Mountains in winter, taken by SARAPATA's dad with Zenit in the 1980s. I can't recommend highly enough to have a visit to this stunning mountain range if you are on holidays!

Purely instrumental

As we will have a listenthrough soon, some of you will be very excited about the sound of this song which includes a few seconds of resonant car alarm. Nevertheless, this track is aimed to give you an euphoric feeling, and that is exactly what the track tries to bring forward. This is also the vetoed entry for the latest Club Bizarre edition.

About SARAPATA
From the YouTube bio translated from Polish:

"SARAPATA is an electronic duo of brothers Michał and Mateusz, Krakow producers and musicians who work with recognized Polish artists on a daily basis. They combine many extremes, but also experiences gained at different poles of a musical journey. They learned the love of harmony from accompanying the band Lor or Paulina Przybysz and from co-creating their own SALK formation in the past. The wording of the SARAPATA project is the result of many factors. On the one hand, a baggage of experiences, on the other hand, inspirations closest to their hearts, and on the third, their own path, which they have been following for years. The brotherly vision of electronic music is devoid of the austerity and patterns that have dominated the contemporary scene, making it painfully secondary and sterile. Contrary to the SARAPATA trends, they reveal to the audience a full, colorful and rich sound, and most importantly - a sound that does not allow you to stand still."

About Jakub Zytecki
Jakub Zytecki is a progressive rock guitarist from Krakow. He is one of the co-founders of the band DispersE when he was a teenager. In one of his interviews, he mentioned, "I listen to music with some kind of a statement and message that’s different from just super technical stuff. I find that quite boring."

About Fikus
Fikus is part of the album EP1 by SARAPATA. The album is a tribute to their parents for supporting them making unusual life choices. Their parents are involved in this lovely music video, which is an illustration to their music. There are a couple of variations towards two main themes in this track, building up to a grand climax at the end. Jakub adds another layer to this blissful track with a gorgeous yet simple electric guitar solo in the bridge.

This post has been edited by uhsting: 23rd February 2022, 03:51 PM

+Quote this post
uhsting
post 3rd March 2022, 09:09 PM
Post #72
Group icon
CROWN THE WITCH

Thank you for visiting the Tatra Mountains

We hope the mountains give you a stunning view! The residents in Sovarasma are excited to see them qualify for 4 consecutive editions!

My next entry is going to be in Ukrainian entirely. The song showcases the beautiful culture of Ukraine and the fascinating music that it brings! Hope you will support the entry. We stand with Ukraine! 💙💛

+Quote this post
Rap Codester
post 3rd March 2022, 09:24 PM
Post #73
Group icon
Gia, do you know the order of the solos?
User: 21,308

wait HELP this song just clicked with me

+Quote this post
uhsting
post 23rd March 2022, 10:58 PM
Post #74
Group icon
CROWN THE WITCH

Introducing Holosiivskyi National Nature Park

From Wikipedia:
The Holosiivskyi National Nature Park is a protected remnant of forest surrounded by the urban area of the city of Kyiv, Ukraine. It is located on the Kyiv hills, in the Dniester-Dnieper forest-steppe province, North-Dnieper lowland and steppe zone of Left-Bank Dnieper province, in Holosiivskyi District. Its total area is 4525.52 hectares, of which 1879.43 hectares are in permanent use. It is managed by the Ministry of Ecology and Natural Resources of Ukraine.

The music video is shot here. Originally, Eria wanted to shoot the music video close to her home in Vinnytsia but there are not enough forests to produce this stunning vista showcased in the music video. The scenery is stunning and I really hope the park is preserved amidst the difficult circumstances. sad.gif

Summon the MAVKA

This song was allegedly sent to Vidbir 2022 but got rejected, and the singer was unhappy about the decision. I think this is a missed gem and would do reasonably well for Ukraine in Eurovision had it been sent. That being said, I hope this song can show the beautiful Ukrainian culture while we stand with Ukraine.

About Eria
Eria (also known as Iryna Boyarkina) appeared on The Voice of Ukraine 2021 and X Factor Ukraine, which came 6th. She is part of the VILNA project that is known for "Forest Song" which came 5th in the final of Vidbir 2018.

About Mavka
Mavka is a song dedicated to the nature -- preservation and interaction. She said her ancestors brought delicacies when they went to the forest. They treated the nature like a holy entity and they never littered. You might also notice Mavka from the Ukrainian mythology, which is said to be dangerous. In the song, she calls from strength and power. The lyrics are translated in dozens of languages, so you may understand the message of the song more easily.

You might also notice some interesting instruments here: sopilka, trembita and bandura. These two instruments are incorporated in the song. Eria has been planning the song for years and most of the time is spent on balancing the traditional elements of the song and the modern elements of pop song, so that it doesn't sound like a traditional folk song while it doesn't lose its authenticity. There is a rich history of both instruments, especially the bandura, which can be viewed on Wikipedia. There was an attempt at prohibiting the use of these instruments during the Soviet era but fortunately these instruments are able to be passed on to the modern era.

To conclude, Eria has written the lyrics and composed the song. I think this demonstrates brilliantly the beautiful Ukrainian culture while it sounds wonderfully modern with the use of synths. I hope you will be moved by the atmosphere and I can't help but feel emotional during the difficult times when Ukrainians are fighting for their national identity.

This post has been edited by uhsting: 23rd March 2022, 11:08 PM

+Quote this post
uhsting
post 30th March 2022, 07:18 PM
Post #75
Group icon
CROWN THE WITCH

Huge thank you!

Really wish Eria is safe and many thanks for supporting amazing Ukrainian music! Here I would like to share another Ukrainian song I discovered earlier which is really different from the song I sent and very dark. I like the usage of synths here and hope you will enjoy this as much as Mavka!

Next edition I am sending heavy metal! Here is a hint of what the entry is:

+Quote this post
uhsting
post 1st April 2022, 10:49 AM
Post #76
Group icon
CROWN THE WITCH

BREAKING NEWS: Sovarasman delegations have been kidnapped by Why So Sirius dissidents

At 11:00 Sovarasman Summer Time, the Longorama of Sovarasma (LRS) (Sovarasman state television) states a majority of the staff have not reported to work. Later, they realised their computers are hacked with the following quote:

We demand the return of Why So Sirius because we are forcibly removed by the most absurd reasons.

The Why So Sirius governor did not deny nor confirm the accusations. There were reports that Why So Sirius are ready to take over Agerson today, causing panic among the residents, with supermarkets having shortage of toilet paper and chicken soup.

Due to the lack of staff, the participation of Sovarasma in BJSC 144 is uncertain.

More to follow...

+Quote this post
uhsting
post 2nd April 2022, 11:23 AM
Post #77
Group icon
CROWN THE WITCH

Crisis averted!

The Sovarasman delegation has been saved following the abduction. It was allegedly carried out by Why So Sirius but after it was investigated by the police, the attack was done by a former employee of LRS. The former employee does not have any connection with the government of Why So Sirius. They were quoted saying:

I hate LRS and the employer. They were so strict about their song choices and I miss the lighter environment in Why So Sirius delegation.
It was also reported that the former employee was sacked by LRS due to misconduct and they formed enemies in the LRS delegation. The action was likely carried out due to personal feud.

Head of delegation Aeode thanked everyone for their thoughts and prayers and said,
Sovarasma will definitely not withdraw in BJSC 144. We will abide to our responsibility to vote on time in the BJSC 143 final. Our plans for BJSC 144 have not changed.

Happy April Fool's Day to whoever thought Sovarasma would withdraw yesterday kink.gif

This post has been edited by uhsting: 2nd April 2022, 11:32 AM

+Quote this post
uhsting
post 26th April 2022, 07:45 PM
Post #78
Group icon
CROWN THE WITCH

In the fields of Western Ghats

The Western Ghats lies roughly parallel to the western coast of India. It is recognised as one of the eight biodiversity hotspots in the world, housing more than 10000 living species there. They were formed from the breakup of Gondwana that happened some 150 million years ago. This is where Aaj was filmed and you could enjoy the amazing view both from this short 4k video and the music video.

Be awed by Indian folk metal!

This catches my attention definitely. It also has a great structure that feature different instruments and vocals. I'm genuinely surprised at the shouting and the subsequent chorus melody which is full of energy. This is definitely a song for the summer and we rock on with vigour.

About Bloodywood
Bloodywood was founded in 2016 in New Delhi, India. They originally started as a parody band covering songs but later wrote original songs, citing influences from Linkin Park, Rage Against The Machine etc. Aaj is a song from their debut album Rakshak which already gained substantial public attention, amassing more than 1 million views on YouTube.

About Aaj
Aaj features several Indian instruments, most notably the tumbi at the beginning. You may notice the "Indian" flute used a lot in the piece but I suspect it's just a typical tin whistle. Nevertheless, it is still really iconic as flutes are rarely used in metal music. There are several vocal styles with typical rap at the beginning, followed by loud shouting, with the chorus being typical loud singing, ending with the bridge with soft female vocal. This song definitely takes you on a wild ride and has everything packed together neatly in an exhilarating song.

Speaking about the single, the band say: “Aaj is a song about the moment in time when you realise you have the strength to do what you have to do to become who you want to become. We all have our demons, our reasons to be stuck in a rut of harmful patterns and our fears of trying something new. This track is meant to act as a spark to light a fire within the listener to overcome all of that, it’s about the fearless pursuit of the next level for as long as your heart continues to beat.”

I hope you enjoy this high-energy song!

+Quote this post
danG
post 26th April 2022, 07:53 PM
Post #79
Group icon
🔥🚀🔥
User: 11,746

wow I didnt realise Indian folk metal was thing, only in BJSC eh!

sounded very intriguing from the five seconds I heard of it whilst preparing/skimming the spotify playlist.

+Quote this post
Brer
post 26th April 2022, 08:44 PM
Post #80
Group icon
stick my flag in the dirt, watch it blow
User: 8,300

And in Nuggets, where Bloodywood were sent and came 2nd a few years ago magic.gif

+Quote this post

9 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 1st June 2024, 01:38 AM