BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
> 

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> TV Character Survivor, >> Season 1 Nominations open!
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
diva thin muffin
post 1st September 2020, 10:21 PM
Post #1
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Pronouns: he/him
User: 12,837

It's a simple premise. We pick a TV show and list up all of the characters who have gotten main billing + some iconic recurring characters and then we do a simple Survivor style game where we eliminate all of our least faves until only the top character remains. We can keep this all in the same thread as to not spam the forum and I'll update the first page with all our winners if this gets off the group.

Elimination rounds will be ranging from saving your faves, voting your least faves, giving ESC style pts, ranking the remaining people etc. There will usually be 12 rounds max depending on the number of characters listed.

I think it would be fitting to do maybe Glee first? Or perhaps something like Desperate Housewives, Stranger Things, Game of Thrones?

What do y'all think? Any interest?

This post has been edited by diva thin muffin: 2nd September 2020, 02:49 PM
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Jade
post 1st September 2020, 10:25 PM
Post #2
Group icon
Alone and wounded
Pronouns: She/her
User: 12,810

I would be here for Glee, naturally *.*

+Quote this post
diva thin muffin
post 1st September 2020, 10:29 PM
Post #3
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

QUOTE(Jade @ Sep 1 2020, 10:25 PM) *
I would be here for Glee, naturally *.*

I think Glee could work very well as the first one as it has maybe the broadest reach on this forum!

+Quote this post
King Rollo
post 2nd September 2020, 10:44 AM
Post #4
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 23,961

I have never watched Glee. Game Of Thrones would be better from my point of view.

+Quote this post
Dexton
post 2nd September 2020, 11:25 AM
Post #5
Group icon
rip in peace Dickston
User: 25,045

If we can do Glee in a few months time (once I’ve finished it) I’d be up for that! It’s the next show on my to-watch list laugh.gif

GoT is a good one although I feel we did that before didn’t we? Or maybe it was a rate?

Looney Tunes could be a fun one, or maybe “Nickelodeon Stars” and have Spongebob vs Rugrats characters etc etc which might be a bit more accessible.

+Quote this post
diva thin muffin
post 2nd September 2020, 12:02 PM
Post #6
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

QUOTE(Dexton @ Sep 2 2020, 11:25 AM) *
If we can do Glee in a few months time (once I’ve finished it) I’d be up for that! It’s the next show on my to-watch list laugh.gif

GoT is a good one although I feel we did that before didn’t we? Or maybe it was a rate?

Looney Tunes could be a fun one, or maybe “Nickelodeon Stars” and have Spongebob vs Rugrats characters etc etc which might be a bit more accessible.

There was a GoT rate last year I think now that you mention it but the results were never posted

+Quote this post
Bjork
post 2nd September 2020, 02:15 PM
Post #7
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 22,665

Friends!

+Quote this post
diva thin muffin
post 2nd September 2020, 02:46 PM
Post #8
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

Season 1 Casting Process

Ok I've decided that instead of having this only include the cast of one specific show we make each season have a cross-season cast and usually with a similar theme but for the first season I'll allow any TV character to be nominated while we're testing the waters. The first theme will be therefore be Free Choice (Scripted) or in other words no restrictions based on genre, year of show release etc. Other than the fact that the characters must be from scripted TV shows.

RULES FOR NOMINATIONS:
  • You can nominate FOUR characters, regardless of gender.
  • The TV shows they originate from must be scripted and not reality TV, sports, news or game shows
  • You can only nominate one character per show. ex. one poster can only nominate one character from Game of Thrones for example, but another poster can also nominate someone from Game of Thrones.
  • You can only nominate one character per actor. ex. one poster can only nominate one character played by the same actor, but another poster can also nominate someone played by the same actor.
  • Both animated and live action shows are allowed here.
  • Once a character has been nominated there is no need to nominate it again.

When nominating please specify the name of the character and the show they are from. Nominations will be open for 48 hours but may be extended if not enough people nominate.

After nominations are closed there will be a pre-qualifying round where we narrow the cast down to a sensible 16 to 20. Any castaway that is not chosen for the final cast will be eligible for a future season. The rest will take part in a 12-round game to choose the first Sole Survivor of Buzzjack's TV Survivor!

This post has been edited by diva thin muffin: 2nd September 2020, 02:52 PM

+Quote this post
diva thin muffin
post 2nd September 2020, 02:48 PM
Post #9
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

My Nominations:
1. Santana Lopez (Glee)
2. Eleven (Stranger Things)
3. Leslie Knope (Parks and Recreation)
4. Veronica Mars (Veronica Mars)

+Quote this post
King Rollo
post 2nd September 2020, 03:07 PM
Post #10
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 23,961

Captain Jean-Luc Picard (Star Trek:The Next Generation)
JR Ewing (Dallas)
Jack Bauer (24)
Stewie Griffin (Family Guy)

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 24th April 2024, 06:23 PM