BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

8 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> COMPLETE: ULTIMATENEY, Full Discography Rate
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
vibe
post 20th February 2021, 02:57 PM
Post #41
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 11,763

DLMbTLTK deserves more love !!
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Nick F1
post 21st February 2021, 08:21 PM
Post #42
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 5,392

086 - 090

086. ALIEN [Avg. 7.5 (1 x 10)]

Highest Score: Nina West (10)

---

087. DON'T HANG UP [Avg. 7.5 (No 10's)]

Highest Score: Jade & Addy!os (9)

---

088. SCARY [Avg. 7.45]

Highest Score: Nina West (10)

---

089. TROUBLE [Avg. 7.43]

Highest Score: Nick F1 (10)

---

090. SEAL IT WITH A KISS [Avg. 7.41]

Highest Score: Nick F1 (11)

---

This section we start with one of two Femme Fatale album tracks @90 Seal It With a Kiss, the heavy influenced dubstep tune was always my first pick from the record. I'm glad to see it in top 100 coz it's such a bangin track!

Next @89 is another electro track Trouble which is bonus song from Circus album. The song is sampled/inspired by Madonna's Get Together and they did imo really great job!

@88 we have second Femme Fatale song in this batch Scary which has been only released as Japanese bonus track from the record. They just love to put amazing songs as bonus tracks.

Next @87 is moody Don't Hang Up from In The Zone album. This song is also bonus track from the record and it's only on UK, Australia and of course Japanese edition of the record. This song as Scary was co writed by Britney.

And last in this batch is @86 is one of two remaining tracks in this countdown from Britney Jean album. Alien is track number 1 on the album and as we can see loved by the fans. There was few years ago controversy around demo of this song and there is a glitch @2:14 just in case if u didn't know lol. Personally I found this track good but kinda dull.

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post 21st February 2021, 09:10 PM
Post #43
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 5,042

They're all bops, but not faves! 'Don't Hang Up' is my fave I think. Maybe 'Scary'.

+Quote this post
Nick F1
post 23rd February 2021, 04:50 PM
Post #44
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

081 - 085

081. THE HOOK UP [Avg. 7.59]

Highest Score: Euphorique (11)

---

082. CRIMINAL [Avg. 7.58]

Highest Score: Nick F1 (10)

---

083. INSIDE OUT [Avg. 7.54]

Highest Score: ...ready for it (11)

---

084. THE ANSWER [Avg. 7.53]

Highest Score: ...ready for it (10)

---

085. OOH OOH BABY [Avg. 7.5 (2 x 10)]

Highest Score: Nick F1 & Jade (10)

---

This section we start with no.85 Ooh Ooh Baby one of few Blackout songs which are out. The song sounds like latino rnb jam, top tune. Next is no.84 In The Zone's bonus track The Answer which was produced by P.Diddy and co writen by Britney. Next we have two Femme Fatale songs, there was a battle between fans which song should have be final single and Inside Out lost over Criminal on the poll. I love both songs, but i'm glad that Criminal got a chance! Fun fact is that Criminal is already few months biggest streamer on spotify out of all songs from that era! And last in the batch @81 is another In The Zone track, The Hook Up. Song full of good vibes and reggea sounds.

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post 23rd February 2021, 05:23 PM
Post #45
Group icon

The 2 most overrated tracks from 'Femme Fatale' for me! Especially 'Inside Out'.

LOVE the other 3. 'The Hook Up' is catchy af. 'The Answer' is smooth and 'Ooh Ooh Baby' although not my favourite from 'Blackout' is still a great song! Infectious bop!

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post 27th February 2021, 08:00 PM
Post #46
Group icon

076 - 080

076. IF U SEEK AMY [Avg. 7.68]

Highest Score: NickF1 & Nina West (10)

---

077. TRIP TO YOUR HEART [Avg. 7.66]

Highest Score: Tafty, blacksquare & jAddy! (10)

---

078. WHY SHOULD I BE SAD [Avg. 7.65]

Highest Score: ...ready for it (10)

---

079. BOMBASTIC LOVE [Avg. 7.615 (1 x 10)]

Highest Score: NickF1 (10)

---

080. I'M NOT A GIRL, NOT YET A WOMAN [Avg. 7.615 (0 x 10)]

Highest Score: Jay, Nina West, Jade, JosephStyles & Euphorique (09)

---

IF U SEEK AMY was the 'Circus' era's 3rd single. It's unashamedly brash and cheeky. It's really quite fun, but as it's been said several times by me, I think apart from the "hidden" and controversial message, I find the track quite basic, even if I do bop to it when it comes on. The video is fantastic though! So, SO good and quite underrated I think! At #77 is a track that's ALWAYS been a fave of mine from the 'Femme Fatale' album TRIP TO YOUR HEART. I love the production on this so much and that melody is gorgeous! It's quite "corny" in it's message, but idc. It's beautiful and I'm quite happy to see it top 100! The 'Blackout' track WHY SHOULD I BE SAD? leaves us at #78. The closest song we have to a ballad on the album, but even then, it's not really one. I'm surprised to see this higher than 'Ooh Ooh Baby' tbh. I thought it was always regarded as the weakest on the album (but still generally well liked so it's position here seems about right tbh).

Next up is the fantastic and infectious BOMBASTIC LOVE which was teased right at the start of the 'Overprotected' video! This is the one song that I always get stuck in my head, irregardless of what I've listened to after it lol. Taken from her most underrated era, imo. Top half of that album I think for me and now, finally onto a song that I place into the bottom half of the 'Britney' album and at number 80 we have... I'M NOT A GIRL, NOT YET A WOMAN. This was used to promote her movie 'Crossroads' and went on to be a big hit for Brit. I think people like power ballad-ney more than they realise tbh.

+Quote this post
Nick F1
post 27th February 2021, 08:02 PM
Post #47
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

Amy is so good, such shame that is not higher. A Bop.

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post 1st March 2021, 12:40 AM
Post #48
Group icon

More results tomorrow, but in the meantime...

I completely forgot to add this BEAUT to the rate:

Probably the best I've heard her sound on a record since 'In The Zone'? This song is so underrated sad.gif

+Quote this post
Nick F1
post 3rd March 2021, 07:48 PM
Post #49
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

Oh yeah Hands ohmy.gif we completely forgot for it! That was really nice song! wub.gif

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post 10th March 2021, 01:49 PM
Post #50
Group icon

071 - 075

071. MOOD RING (BY DEMAND) [Avg. 7.75 (3 x 10 + 0 x 08.5)]

Highest Score: NickF1, Nina West & Juan Carlos (10)

---

072. (I GOT THAT) BOOM BOOM [FEAT. YING YANG TWINS] [Avg. 7.75 (2 x 10)]

Highest Score: NickF1 & dannjohn (10)

---

073. EARLY MORNIN' [Avg. 7.75 (1 x 10)]

---

074. MY ONLY WISH (THIS YEAR) [Avg. 7.708 (2 x 10)]

Highest Score: NickF1 & Tafty (10)

---

075. 3 [Avg. 7.708 (0 x 10)]

Highest Score: ...ready for it, Jay & jAddy! (09)

---

At #71 we have MOOD RING (BY DEMAND) which started off as a Japanese only bonus track but got a release last year after a campaign managed to get 'Glory' back to #1 on iTunes. I've never been too big on this. It's fine but it's a bit... boring, but it's well produced. The PRIDE Remix is better! Next is (I GOT THAT) BOOM BOOM, the first of two tracks from 'In The Zone' in this section. This is such an infectious bop. Not a fave from the album, but it's so good and it'll be sure to worm it's way into your head... then following that is the other 'In The Zone' album cut, EARLY MORNIN'. This track is left to give you the feeling of "the morning after" and in a hungover state. Idk why but I've never taken to this, but I think I jut find it quite dreary and monotonous, which I guess is kinda the feeling they were intending but it just doesn't do anything for me. Better than 'Blur' though...

We get festive next as we say goodbye to MY ONLY WISH (THIS YEAR). This insanely infectious, catchy and certified BOP of Christmas is right up there as one of my very favourite Christmas songs. It just brings me utter joy and I *think* it's kinda growing it's audience through the years. One day we will see this in the top 75!! So cute! Finally for this section we end with #75 and that is the single to launch her 2nd Singles Collection compilation, 3. This was a massive hit for Britney in the US. I think people forget about this, but it was another #1 for her over there and did well on airplay iirc. It's good. Just a bit basic for me and following IUSA... meh. Probably in about the right position imo.

+Quote this post
Jade
post 10th March 2021, 02:03 PM
Post #51
Group icon
Alone and wounded
Pronouns: She/her
User: 12,810

Not too surprised about the position of 'Early Mornin' but I love it <3 I do agree that it is delivered in quite a nonchalant way but I think that's part of the charm for me laugh.gif poor 'I'm Not A Girl, Not Yet A Woman' also - one of my favourite Britney ballads!

+Quote this post
-Jay-
post 11th March 2021, 06:43 AM
Post #52
Group icon
"Jayrusaleminians" - Umi.
Pronouns: he/him
User: 3,217

When Your Eyes Say It only 92nd cry.gif I wish that song would have more love. I think it's absolutely beautiful!

Imo I Got That Boom Boom is way too high... I find that it verges on being slightly unlistenable. It's my low point of the In the Zone album drama.gif

+Quote this post
Nick F1
post 11th March 2021, 09:05 PM
Post #53
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

Great to see Mood Ring comfortably in top 100 wub.gif

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post 15th March 2021, 06:48 PM
Post #54
Group icon

066 - 070

066. INVITATION [Avg. 7.833 (1 x 10)]

---

067. DEEP IN MY HEART [Avg. 7.80 (2 x 10)]

Highest Score: Tafty & Euphorique (10)

---

068. WHAT IT'S LIKE TO BE ME [Avg. 7.80 (0 x 10)]

Highest Score: ...ready for it, Tafty & jAddy! (09)

---

069. MANNEQUIN [Avg. 7.775 (4 x 10)]

Highest Score: NickF1, Jade, JuanCarlos & dannjohn (10)

---

070. UP N' DOWN [Avg. 7.775 (3 x 10 + 2 x 08.5)]

Highest Score: ...ready for it, NickF1 & jAddy! (10)

---

Into the top 70 we go and kicking us off in this section is the lush INVITATION, which served as THE perfect album opener for her 9th studio album, 'Glory'. Absolutely mesmerizing, lush and stunning. Quite a gorgeous intro and sets the album up incredibly beautifully imo. Beautiful. DEEP IN MY HEART is up next at #67. The infectious, catchy and bouncy bubblegum pop banger! Would've served well as a single, but it's no loss that it wasn't one. Always been a highlight of that album for me! SO good. Next we have the unofficially credited Justin Timberlake collab. WHAT IT'S LIKE TO BE ME was the final track on the standard version of her 3rd album 'Britney'. It's a banger. Sorry. The most 00's song in it's sound imo. Amazing.

MANNEQUIN is up next. One of the most interesting songs from her 'Circus' album, imo. I just remember a lot of this hype being surrounded by that video of her rehearsal, which she absolutely SMASHED! A bop of a song. I like it more when I'm listening to the album and rarely pick it out to listen, but I bop every time. Finally for this section we have the 90's house infused, Euro dance sounding bonus track.... BANGER UP N' DOWN. I find this track to be quite hypnotic and entrancing in the chorus lol. A great song and the sound really works for her.

+Quote this post
Nick F1
post 15th March 2021, 08:14 PM
Post #55
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

Invitation is such great song. wub.gif

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post 22nd March 2021, 09:55 PM
Post #56
Group icon

061 - 065

061. GET BACK [Avg. 7.875 (0 x 11)]

Highest Score: NickF1, Jade & Cremey (10)

---

062. KILL THE LIGHTS [Avg. 7.875 (0 x 10)]

Highest Score: ...ready for it, Nina West, jAddy! & Cremey (09)

---

063. ANTICIPATING [Avg. 7.84]

Highest Score: Jade (10)

---

064. DO SOMETHIN' [Avg. 7.833 (1 x 11)]

Highest Score: jAddy! (11)

---

065. MAN ON THE MOON [Avg. 7.833 (2 x 10)]

Highest Score: NickF1 & Nina West (10)

---

A bonus track from Britney's most acclaimed album 'Blackout' is the song to kick start this section. GET BACK, is the highest rated bonu track from the album and places at a very respectable #61. The deluxe version was never available to purchase over here in the UK, so that's a solid result overall for the track I think. Very catchy, due to it's rather repetitive nature I assume. But the production is great. KILL THE LIGHTS is next. A song from the 'Circus' album that I think had the contract mess of 'Radar' not happened, I think this would have been the planned 4th single! Very catchy and it's pretty radio friendly, so I think it would've done well as a single at the time. Even if I preferred the similar (but a lot shorter) 'Shattered Glass'! The next song to drop out is the 'Britney' track ANTICIPATING. The song that become a single only in France! It's a fun track and you can hear Janet influences in this, just maybe injected with a bit of the sweet bubblegum taste from her first two albums in it. Very 'All For You', even though they came out around the same time! Cute song and would've been a good 5th single tbh.

Up next at #64 is DO SOMETHIN', the 2nd and final single to be taken from her first Greatest Hits compilation 'Greatest Hits: My Prerogative'. Such a feisty, bold track that is full of sass, attitude and fierceness. One of her more underrated singles imo! SO catchy and the video is ridiculous fun! It went on to become another top 10 hit over here. Finally at #65 is the 'Glory' track MAN ON THE MOON. I often think it to be the sequel to 'Alien'. It's quite ethereal and dreamy and you just end up going on a journey through the track. Should it have been a single? I really don't know. Would have been an interesting one for sure!

+Quote this post
Nina West
post 23rd March 2021, 12:53 PM
Post #57
Group icon
We're all Glitter and Tears in the Moonlight...
User: 19,846

This is how the Glory era should have went =

"DO YOU WANNA COME OVER?"
"LOVE ME DOWN"
"CHANGE YOUR MIND (NO SEAS CORTES)"
"MAKE ME (FT G-EAZY)"
"SLUMBER PARTY (FT TINASHE)"
"MOOD RING (PRIDE REMIX)" (after album re-release)

+Quote this post
Jade
post 23rd March 2021, 01:18 PM
Post #58
Group icon
Alone and wounded
Pronouns: She/her
User: 12,810

Love 'Mannequin', 'Get Back' and 'Anticipating' wub.gif surprised that the latter isn't higher!

+Quote this post
Nick F1
post 24th March 2021, 09:13 PM
Post #59
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

Get Back is a banger! heart.gif

+Quote this post
Nick F1
post 24th March 2021, 09:15 PM
Post #60
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

QUOTE(Nina West @ Mar 23 2021, 01:53 PM) *
This is how the Glory era should have went =

"DO YOU WANNA COME OVER?"
"LOVE ME DOWN"
"CHANGE YOUR MIND (NO SEAS CORTES)"
"MAKE ME (FT G-EAZY)"
"SLUMBER PARTY (FT TINASHE)"
"MOOD RING (PRIDE REMIX)" (after album re-release)

Imagine if it were like that, what a an amazing era would be!

+Quote this post

8 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 26th April 2024, 10:18 PM