BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> SPORTS FORUM SONG CONTEST: Confirmations, Deadline EXTENDED to 8th March 23:59
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
PeteFromLeeds
post 28th March 2019, 05:23 PM
Post #1
Group icon
Buy yourself a car, and a house in Devon
User: 23,247

Welcome to the Sports Forum Song Contest! You guys voted for this so I expect high participation levels wink.gif We'll very much be testing the waters with this and seeing how it goes as a forum that isn't primarily focused around music, but I'd certainly be up for keeping this going if it does prove to be popular. We'd love for anyone to take part, no matter how often you visit this forum, so we're hoping to not be too over-restrictive!

Anyway, here are the basics:

- This is the Confirmations thread. Please PM me confirming your choice (the artist, song title and an audio link will be sufficient)
- All eligible confirmations will advance to the Voting stage, where users will vote for their favourite songs using a points system that will be decided based on the number of confirmations.
- We will then have the Results, which will be revealed similar to the Genre Forum contests/BJSC, however we will be handing out four different awards ohmy.gif (see the next post for more details).

- You may send any song that was written for a specific sporting event or by a specific athlete/team, any song which is widely known as a sporting song, or a song which is very clearly about sport (having the word 'football' in one line of the song doesn't count - nor do songs simply featuring a sport in the music video but are otherwise unrelated to sport).
- Any song which reached the UK Top 10 is ineligible. We (the Sports mods) also have the power to veto any song that we deem too well known to avoid any users having a large advantage.
- Songs which have been entered to either Unknown Pleasures, Nuggets, or BJSC will also be vetoed.
- We have plans for this to be an anonymous contest so please don't hint at your entry in this thread or elsewhere!

The confirmations will close at 23:59 on Friday 5th April. Happy song searching!
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
PeteFromLeeds
post 28th March 2019, 05:24 PM
Post #2
Group icon

The Jerseys
(aka awards)

As stated above, there will be four different achievements that will be 'handed out' (in the loosest meaning of the term as you won't actually get anything except pride in yourself), which are as follows:

Yellow Jersey - The ultimate award. Won by the song with the most points at the end of the contest.
Green Jersey - The sprints jersey. Won by the song with the most top marks (e.g. +12s if we were using that format)
Polka-Dot Jersey - The mountains jersey. Won by the song which appears in the most sets of votes.
White Jersey - The young rider's jersey. Won by the highest-positioned song released within the past 12 months. (a random one I know, but I've always felt this jersey was a bit weird).

It is possible for the same person to win all four awards, but it's also possible for them to be very spread out!

Participants (13)
PeteFromLeeds
Mattias
Mack
King Rollo
jakewild
Suedehead
dobbo
WhoOdyssey
JüperBass
Bré
Chez Wombat
Chrizly
Mart!n

+Quote this post
m
post 28th March 2019, 06:44 PM
Post #3
Group icon
I asked for my account to be banned
User: 7,132

This is really unexpected - probably because I don't check in here a whole lot kink.gif Cool idea tho, and I've entered! Now everyone also enter the Shoutbox Song Contest haha, it's cats vs dogs theme lmao, so if you're entering then just PM me a song about or featuring either a cat or dog or both. Okay thanks, plug over.

+Quote this post
Dobbo
post 28th March 2019, 06:59 PM
Post #4
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 20,053

How very exciting! The jersey awards are a nice touch, hopefully the winning song doesn't hoover them all up tho.

I'll need a bit of time to think about a suitable entry for this but rest assured I'll be competing (going from zero to three site-wide contests in the space of a week tho lol)

+Quote this post
Mack.
post 28th March 2019, 08:19 PM
Post #5
Group icon
It's still will be the return of the Mack 4eva
User: 12,915

Entered of course.

+Quote this post
King Rollo
post 30th March 2019, 11:20 AM
Post #6
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 23,961

I have entered.

+Quote this post
Silas
post 30th March 2019, 12:21 PM
Post #7
Group icon
Queen of Soon
User: 3,474

Radical idea, but not every forum requires a song contest. Especially a forum that has heehaw to do with music

+Quote this post
PeteFromLeeds
post 30th March 2019, 12:26 PM
Post #8
Group icon

QUOTE(5 Silas Frøkner @ Mar 30 2019, 12:21 PM) *
Radical idea, but not every forum requires a song contest. Especially a forum that has heehaw to do with music

Which is why we held a poll asking what event people wanted in the forum, containing this and numerous other options. This got the highest number of votes, hence we're giving it a go.

+Quote this post
PeteFromLeeds
post 2nd April 2019, 08:41 AM
Post #9
Group icon

Bump! Keep the entries coming in guys!

+Quote this post
-0-0
post 2nd April 2019, 09:36 AM
Post #10
Group icon
🙄
User: 10,643

QUOTE(5 Silas Frøkner @ Mar 30 2019, 01:21 PM) *

There's no harm in them trying to improve the Sporting forum though? I'm not 100% on the idea but I commend the mods for trying everything to improve the activity within the sporting forum and sporting songs is all a bit of fun, no?

I would have entered this gem but obvious veto

+Quote this post
PeteFromLeeds
post 4th April 2019, 08:36 AM
Post #11
Group icon

Deadline is tomorrow but I'm considering an extension to try and get more participants. If you want to take part but haven't found a song yet please say you're interested below!

+Quote this post
Dobbo
post 4th April 2019, 11:37 AM
Post #12
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 20,053

I'm literally struggling beyond belief here. I thought I had THE song then found out to my bewilderment it was actually a UK top 10 single in the 90s. But I won't be giving up on this...

+Quote this post
PeteFromLeeds
post 4th April 2019, 11:55 AM
Post #13
Group icon

QUOTE(dobbo @ Apr 4 2019, 12:37 PM) *
I'm literally struggling beyond belief here. I thought I had THE song then found out to my bewilderment it was actually a UK top 10 single in the 90s. But I won't be giving up on this...

If you want to send it to me and I'll check it to see how well known it is that would be okay? The Top 10 thing was really to stop the verry well known songs getting in more than anything.

+Quote this post
PeteFromLeeds
post 5th April 2019, 11:46 AM
Post #14
Group icon

Just as a heads up we're discussing a potential veto, obviously this is a lot more relaxed than BJSC but we also don't want a runaway winner just because people know the song.

I'm also extending the deadline to Monday 23:59, but I'll be taking Sunday off as usual so if you need to contact me then use the 'send an email' thing on my profile.

+Quote this post
Chrizly
post 7th April 2019, 07:05 PM
Post #15
Group icon
New Entry
User: 80,764

Are wrestling related songs allowed? Asking for a friend... dry.gif

+Quote this post
WhoOdyssey
post 7th April 2019, 08:50 PM
Post #16
Group icon
A dead mouse (from my cat)
User: 67,771

Entered!

+Quote this post
Mack.
post 7th April 2019, 09:50 PM
Post #17
Group icon
It's still will be the return of the Mack 4eva
User: 12,915

QUOTE(Chrizly @ Apr 7 2019, 08:05 PM) *
Are wrestling related songs allowed? Asking for a friend... dry.gif

As long it isn't very well-known to all.

+Quote this post
PeteFromLeeds
post 8th April 2019, 07:38 AM
Post #18
Group icon

Yeah wrestling songs are fine! (provided as Mack said above it's not overly well known)

+Quote this post
Brer
post 8th April 2019, 11:38 AM
Post #19
Group icon
is my brain across your walls?
User: 8,300

You know I was gonna give this a miss for the same reason Phil said but against my better judgement I have given into the temptation of yet another one of these contests as I remembered a bop x (hope it wasn't taken already lol)

+Quote this post
PeteFromLeeds
post 8th April 2019, 09:35 PM
Post #20
Group icon

An hour and a half left to confirm! (although I'll accept any entries until I wake up tomorrow morning)

+Quote this post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 26th April 2024, 01:33 AM