BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Kylie x Joel Corry
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Red Blooded Man
post 15th March 2024, 10:20 PM
Post #21
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 822

Kylie and collabs have never gone well together so I am not holding my breath on this one either.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
neill2407
post 15th March 2024, 10:59 PM
Post #22
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 159,650

I read somewhere that the tension reissue will be similar to Disco and include collaborations. Joel Corey has done some ok dance tracks and he’s very current but it doesn’t excite me much tbh.

This post has been edited by neill2407: 15th March 2024, 11:02 PM

+Quote this post
Liam.k.
post 15th March 2024, 11:32 PM
Post #23
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
User: 12,472

QUOTE(neill2407 @ Mar 15 2024, 10:59 PM) *
I read somewhere that the tension reissue will be similar to Disco and include collaborations. Joel Corey has done some ok dance tracks and he’s very current but it doesn’t excite me much tbh.

I think he has done some fantastic tracks but then some are very middle of the road ones. I’m confident Kylie will lift the song regardless.

+Quote this post
SmileyKylie
post 15th March 2024, 11:32 PM
Post #24
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 20,515

QUOTE(Red Blooded Man @ Mar 15 2024, 10:20 PM) *
Kylie and collabs have never gone well together so I am not holding my breath on this one either.

Really? 8 of her top 50 most Spotify tracks are duets/collapse..... I think they are very successful

+Quote this post
Sour Candy
post 16th March 2024, 06:56 AM
Post #25
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 10,275

QUOTE(SmileyKylie @ Mar 16 2024, 01:32 AM) *
Really? 8 of her top 50 most Spotify tracks are duets/collapse..... I think they are very successful

naomi.png

Personally, I don't need any basic dance pop hits by her at this point of her career, especially now that she has gotten some recognition in the US where the Joel Corry sound would be totally irrelevant. It's fine for the deluxe edition though, if it for that.

This post has been edited by Sour Candy: 16th March 2024, 06:59 AM

+Quote this post
SmileyKylie
post 16th March 2024, 07:44 AM
Post #26
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

Joel Corry 13.9m Spotify Listeners isnt a huge amount, but in UK its a good chance of UK hot hits etc etc and he will promote it too to a UK crowd.

If you think Bebe has 50m+, Sia 50m+ , Ofenbach even has 17.5m

I personally love colabs and love dance Kylie so anything dance and with a beat is good with me.

Love new songs and if she can get 4 or 5 songs with decent streaming long term then that's good for the album

Padam Padam
Dance Alone
+ more

She can record new songs for a new album and still release a Tension revamp.

I would say Tension revamp on preorder soon for June/July, new album ready to go in October. We don't need a 4 month build up to a new album if they are good songs etc

+Quote this post
-Jay-
post 16th March 2024, 08:19 AM
Post #27
Group icon
"Jayrusaleminians" - Umi.
Pronouns: he/him
User: 3,217

I think it would have to be either or, not both. Both would be flooding the market, there’s only so much money that her fans can shell out!

I doubt she will… but I’d totally prefer a new album released this year. I feel like Tension has been and gone, but it did what it set out to do which was to be a #1 (and it’ll eventually get to gold if its own accord - to me, that would feel like job done). I say strike while the iron is hot and move on quickly to a new album. Tension could be the Light Years… bring on the Fever! cheeseblock.png

+Quote this post
___∆___
post 16th March 2024, 09:45 AM
Post #28
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 3,155

QUOTE(SmileyKylie @ Mar 16 2024, 07:44 AM) *
Joel Corry 13.9m Spotify Listeners isnt a huge amount, but in UK its a good chance of UK hot hits etc etc and he will promote it too to a UK crowd.

If you think Bebe has 50m+, Sia 50m+ , Ofenbach even has 17.5m

The difference is though I think Joel has an active listening base which will listen to all his songs (hence why his album is doing well off the back of streams), Sia is racking up the streams through old huge hits and the majority of those 50m listeners are not engaging with new releases.

+Quote this post
vibe
post 16th March 2024, 10:05 AM
Post #29
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 11,763

he is hit or miss so we shall see !!

+Quote this post
SmileyKylie
post 16th March 2024, 10:14 AM
Post #30
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

I mean Tension repackaged etc surely has already been produced etc and ready to go? Surely there recordings now are not for that... its nearly April already

+Quote this post
neill2407
post 16th March 2024, 10:32 AM
Post #31
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 159,650

QUOTE(Liam.k. @ Mar 15 2024, 11:32 PM) *
I think he has done some fantastic tracks but then some are very middle of the road ones. I’m confident Kylie will lift the song regardless.

Some of his tracks are ok but not sure they fit with kylie’s style tbh. I’m not fussed about Kylie doing a dance track. I’d rather she stick to what she does best. Most of tension works well for me but 10 out of 10 is an example where it really didn’t work well resulting in a very under par track which shouldn’t have even made the album.

This post has been edited by neill2407: 16th March 2024, 10:37 AM

+Quote this post
-Jay-
post 16th March 2024, 10:36 AM
Post #32
Group icon

Was there ever a confirmation that a Tension reissue is definitely happening, or is it an assumption? Maybe her team said it in a Music Week article or similar but I can’t remember.

This is just how I feel personally: Kylie appears to be on a roll creatively, she comes across as being so energised and excited by the success of Padam & the accolades. So going down the path of a Tension reissue, peddling even more variants of an album that already has plenty… isn’t the best move she could make imo? When she could choose to keep things moving, forge ahead while the iron is hot and fully take advantage of this wave she’s currently on. Use these new producers to create an era launching single. I don’t think a reissue single will get the same level of attention compared to being marketed as being for a brand new album.

That’s just me. On paper it does seem more likely that it’ll be a Tension reissue. I’m just not all that excited by the prospect. I’d appreciate her not being formulaic and to not follow the exact template of Disco.

+Quote this post
SmileyKylie
post 16th March 2024, 10:59 AM
Post #33
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

QUOTE(-Jay- @ Mar 16 2024, 10:36 AM) *
Was there ever a confirmation that a Tension reissue is definitely happening, or is it an assumption? Maybe her team said it in a Music Week article or similar but I can’t remember.

This is just how I feel personally: Kylie appears to be on a roll creatively, she comes across as being so energised and excited by the success of Padam & the accolades. So going down the path of a Tension reissue, peddling even more variants of an album that already has plenty… isn’t the best move she could make imo? When she could choose to keep things moving, forge ahead while the iron is hot and fully take advantage of this wave she’s currently on. Use these new producers to create an era launching single. I don’t think a reissue single will get the same level of attention compared to being marketed as being for a brand new album.

That’s just me. On paper it does seem more likely that it’ll be a Tension reissue. I’m just not all that excited by the prospect. I’d appreciate her not being formulaic and to not follow the exact template of Disco.

I'm sure it was quoted somewhere I want to say billboard or The Sun.

I don't think it will be loads of variants.

Maybe just a one new CD and Vinyl. Stick Dance Alone, Drum etc on it and flog it and get a top 10 in early June.

I don't see why we have to wait for a new album. It's probably almost already done. She only needs 10-12 songs...

Or she can just have collabs out summer tracks and add to an album later.

She does need to take advantage of these big streaming collaboration to boost album longevity though.

The Vegas theme needs to be dropped so new cover etc needed and fierce styling.

Also Joe Corry has an Australian Tour in April so it would make sense for them to release something then, she can so promo before her last Las Vegas shows in May then promote in UK from June

QUOTE(neill2407 @ Mar 16 2024, 10:32 AM) *
Some of his tracks are ok but not sure they fit with kylie’s style tbh. I’m not fussed about Kylie doing a dance track. I’d rather she stick to what she does best. Most of tension works well for me but 10 out of 10 is an example where it really didn’t work well resulting in a very under par track which shouldn’t have even made the album.

But yet is the 3rd most streamed track and in her top 50 all time so people do like it and opens up new audiences

+Quote this post
Jessie Where
post 16th March 2024, 11:23 AM
Post #34
Group icon
Break the tension
User: 51

QUOTE(SmileyKylie @ Mar 16 2024, 11:03 AM) *
I don't think it will be loads of variants.

Maybe just a one new CD and Vinyl. Stick Dance Alone, Drum etc on it and flog it and get a top 10 in early June.

I don't see why we have to wait for a new album. It's probably almost already done. She only needs 10-12 songs...

Or she can just have collabs out summer tracks and add to an album later.

She does need to take advantage of these big streaming collaboration to boost album longevity though.

The Vegas theme needs to be dropped so new cover etc needed and fierce styling.

Also Joe Corry has an Australian Tour in April so it would make sense for them to release something then, she can so promo before her last Las Vegas shows in May then promote in UK from June

Let's see, as you always like to say.

+Quote this post
SmileyKylie
post 16th March 2024, 11:24 AM
Post #35
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

QUOTE(Jessie Where @ Mar 16 2024, 11:23 AM) *
Let's see, as you always like to say.

I do! cheer.gif cheer.gif

+Quote this post
___∆___
post 16th March 2024, 12:42 PM
Post #36
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 3,155

QUOTE(-Jay- @ Mar 16 2024, 10:36 AM) *

Have to say I agree - I’m fatigued with the amount of variants (with little creative input apart from different coloured vinyl).

If she has tracks with Joel and others then I’d love for them to be tacked onto Tension for streaming purposes like so many other artists do to boost their albums, would be totally here for them doing that along with a CD release if the new tracks are not part of the next album but I think the fanbase in general are well and truly done with having another 5 variants of Tension thrown at us.

+Quote this post
Red Blooded Man
post 16th March 2024, 01:46 PM
Post #37
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 822

Honestly, she should just release a brand new album for fall this year.

+Quote this post
-Jay-
post 16th March 2024, 03:18 PM
Post #38
Group icon

QUOTE(Red Blooded Man @ Mar 16 2024, 01:46 PM) *
Honestly, she should just release a brand new album for fall this year.

Yes please cheeseblock.png

QUOTE(___∆___ @ Mar 16 2024, 12:42 PM) *
Have to say I agree - I’m fatigued with the amount of variants (with little creative input apart from different coloured vinyl).

If she has tracks with Joel and others then I’d love for them to be tacked onto Tension for streaming purposes like so many other artists do to boost their albums, would be totally here for them doing that along with a CD release if the new tracks are not part of the next album but I think the fanbase in general are well and truly done with having another 5 variants of Tension thrown at us.

I completely agree! A streaming/digital deluxe would suffice, I think. Round off the era but not be totally milking it.

It's still odd that the Drum/Heavenly Body version was on streaming for a hot second and then removed! laugh.gif

Sorry I know I've taken the chat quite far away from being about Joel Corry. kink.gif I'm still very curious about what the result of that will be. If it actually is a Joel Corry single with Kylie, I hope at the very least it would be another Top 20. His last couple of singles missed the Top 40 though so there's no guarantee!

+Quote this post
Jessie Where
post 16th March 2024, 04:24 PM
Post #39
Group icon
Break the tension
User: 51

*manifests the idea of it giving her another top 10*

+Quote this post
SmileyKylie
post 16th March 2024, 04:27 PM
Post #40
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

I think a summer tune from them, get it out early, get it on the dance playlists. He will promote, she will and it great promo for him if they do release in Australia while he is on Tour there for extra exposure.

+Quote this post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 27th April 2024, 09:06 AM