BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Artist News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Billboard Magazine, Pop's 'Longest-Running Fluke'
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
troublepink
post Nov 1 2019, 07:49 AM
Post #1
Group icon
Beautiful Trauma
User: 590
I was going to copy + paste the interview in this thread but it is loooooong laugh.gif

So here's the LINK

A few highlights from the interview wub.gif

It’s not that she never craved the validation, however. She remembers the 2003 Grammys, when she was up for two awards for M!ssundaztood and “Get the Party Started.” She had already won a Grammy as a part of the “Lady Marmalade” squad, and she’d win two more in later years, but these were her first solo nominations. “I was with Carey, and I was holding on to his arm so f***ing tight because I wanted it so bad,” she says. But this was the year Norah Jones swept the Grammys with Come Away With Me, and as Jones started to pick up what would become an armful of trophies that night, P!nk began to break down.
Then, Robin Williams, who was sitting in front of her, turned around “and launched into a 15-minute stand-up routine for me,” she says. “He made fun of everybody that walked by. He was so compassionate and lovely to me that it ended up being one of my favorite moments of my career. I was so glad I f***ing lost. My Grammy would be sitting down at my guesthouse collecting dust, but I have the memory of Robin Williams being an amazing person.” This is the lesson she learned: If you spend all your time and energy trying to get to where you think you’re supposed to be, you’ll never get to where you really want to go.
P!nk once said she would stop touring once Willow was school-age. Seven years, two tours and one additional kid later, that clearly hasn’t happened yet. “There have been many times when I have been sitting in the corner of arena bathrooms crying and saying to myself, ‘There’s a reason why women don’t do this, there’s a reason why moms don’t do this,’ because it’s f***ing impossible at times,” she says. “The last couple of months, Willow was over it. She wants to be home and do BMX and swim team and gymnastics and all the shit that an 8-year-old wants to do. So she was asking to go home, and that’s when I knew: From here on out, it changes.”
P!nk isn’t sure what her future touring life might look like. She’s open to a Las Vegas residency, which offers an easy schedule for pop-star parents and a stage production freed from touring logistics. (On the European stadium leg of the Beautiful Trauma World Tour, she had three different versions of her stage show in circulation -- one being broken down, one being set up and one already in transit to another city.) “Think about the show I could do in Vegas,” she says gleefully. On the other hand, she has heard that crowds in Vegas can be rough, and, besides, she loves to travel: to find cool wine bars in far-off places, to organize field trips with members of her roughly 150-person touring family on days off. “On the last tour we took everyone to this theme park in Stockholm; we do art nights,” says Davies. “That’s what has made these long tours really enjoyable.”

P!nk is sure of one milestone that is no longer on her bucket list: playing the Super Bowl halftime show. After singing the national anthem at the 2018 game, she was approached about the 2019 headlining slot, though it never came to fruition. Today, between the rampant social-media criticism that such large-scale performances invite (“Everybody that does it gets so persecuted”) and the NFL’s treatment of former quarterback Colin Kaepernick following his protests of police brutality, the gig no longer appeals. “I’d probably take a knee and get carried out,” she says, echoing stars like Rihanna and Cardi B, who have turned down Super Bowl opportunities in solidarity with Kaepernick and other players.
There will definitely be many more albums: P!nk says she owes RCA two more on her contract and hopes to re-sign with the label afterward. While P!nk recorded Hurts 2B Human, she also linked up with singer-songwriter Dallas Green -- who records under the name City and Colour and with whom she has a side project called You+Me -- and wrote several songs for their next, still unfinished release. But after that? “I always said I was going to go out on top, so maybe this it.” She lets the thought of touring retirement hang in the air for a long moment. “But then you look at Bette Midler, and you’re like, ‘She’s having so much fun, maybe I’ll never quit!’ ” She lets out a deep, staccato laugh. “I’ve never had a plan. This was a dream that got away from me. I’ll do whatever. I’ll open for Justin Timberlake again, I don’t give a shit.”

There are also some new photos on the link, she looks amazing!!
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Jordanlee
post Nov 6 2019, 01:59 AM
Post #2
Group icon
Jord
User: 27,116
I have a spare day tomorrow so I’ll read that full interview.

I always enjoy reading her interviews and this looks like a good one.

+Quote this post
J00prstar
post Nov 16 2019, 03:02 PM
Post #3
Group icon
there's nothing straight about plump Elvis
Pronouns: they/any
User: 22,895
Two more albums with a major label, that's great news!

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 12:05 AM