BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Calum's Top 40 One Direction Songs, + top 20 solo songs!
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Calum
post Dec 29 2019, 05:42 PM
Post #21
nabad
Group: AF Leader
Member No.: 18,316

11 Night Changes
12 Story of My Life
13 Na Na Na
14 Where Do Broken Hearts Go
15 They Don't Know About Us
16 Strong
17 Fireproof
18 Drag Me Down
19 Live While We're Young
20 More Than This

Another few singles drop out of the race now as we head into the top 20. More Than This (a single!!1!), is in 20th place - a great ballad from the boys' first album Up All Night, and one that should have been given more of a push - it would've been more of a success than Gotta Be You was anyway. Live While We're Young and Drag Me Down finish side-by-side - both fun, up-tempo tracks. The only difference between them being that one features Zayn and one doesn't. Drag Me Down was our first glimpse of 1D without Zayn after his departure, and it took me a while to warm to them as a foursome, but we got there in the end. Fireproof was one of our first glimpses of what was to come from their fourth album FOUR, and it's still one of my favourites to date. Such a beautiful track that Zayn shines on. Strong is one of my personal favourites from Midnight Memories too - such a brilliant track that I wish there was a video for; it could've made a great single! They Don't Know About Us and the single that never was Where Do Broken Hearts Go also appear here - both standouts from their respective albums! Na Na Na, the b-side to What Makes You Beautiful also pops in to say hello! This was such a brilliant track that I wish had actually been included on Up All Night instead of some that did make the cut. Ballads Story of My Life and Night Changes narrowly miss out on the top 10 here though - finishing in 12th and 11th respectively. Both some of their absolute best - Night Changes being a perfect winter single that makes you feel all warm and happy and Story of My Life just being such a crown jewel in their discography!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Calum
post Jan 1 2020, 04:56 PM
Post #22
nabad
Group: AF Leader
Member No.: 18,316

01 18
02 Perfect
03 Best Song Ever
04 Infinity
05 Little White Lies
06 What Makes You Beautiful
07 Ready to Run
08 Change Your Ticket
09 Love You Goodbye
10 Back For You

Now we've reached the end of the countdown and a winner has been crowned! Let's go through the lower end of the top 10 first though. Coming in at #10 we have Back For You, an album track from the boys' second album Take Me Home. For a while I didn't really listen to a lot of the album tracks on Take Me Home - only ever going back to the likes of Live While We're Young, Kiss You, etc - but over time I went back and they all kinda solidified themselves as 1D faves - Back For You being one of the absolute best. In fact, Back For You ends up being the highest-placing song from Take Me Home in the entire countdown!! Love You Goodbye, another album track, from the boys' fifth album Made in the A.M. is at #9 - it's such a beautiful ballad, and one that Harry really shines on and takes the lead with. Made in the A.M. had so many golden songs on it that could have made for perfect singles; this being one of them I think.

FOUR ends up with great representation in the top 10 - at #8 and #7 we have Change Your Ticket and Ready to Run. Change Your Ticket was one of the bonus tracks on the deluxe edition of the album, and quite clearly a song meant for The 1975. It's such a change in direction (pardon the pun x) for the boys, and slotted in perfectly on an album where they really started to change up their style and sound a bit more, so it's ended up one of my favourite 1D songs! Ready to Run is another brilliant song - the lyrics being the most important part of the song for me! Another Harry-centric song, it's really strong and powerful and would have made for a fantastic single if they hadn't abandoned the campaign completely after Night Changes.

The boys' debut single What Makes You Beautiful lands just outside the top 5 at #6. I've had such an on-off relationship with WMYB - sometimes I absolutely love it and other times I'd quite happily skip if it came on shuffle. But, at the end of the day, it's by far their most iconic song, the song that got them to where they are today, the song that made everybody fall in love with them following The X Factor, and it's a BOP. Zayn's second verse, written entirely by him alone, is what we live for though! *.* Just ahead of WMYB and in the top 5 is album track Little White Lies from their third album Midnight Memories - an absolute TUNE and one that was incredible to hear on tour!! I've only seen the boys live once on their On the Road Again tour, but to hear this was such an incredible moment!! It's definitely one of the most anthem-sounding songs they've released, and would've made a perfect single!

Infinity and Best Song Ever are up next - at #4 and #3 respectively. Infinity is absolute perfection. 1D's ballad game got so incredibly strong towards the end of their time together - there are so many of them on Made in the A.M. While not the best (as you can see), this song has such a beautiful meaning and I could listen to it over and over for ages! Best Song Ever... while not quite the literal best song ever, is one of the best things that 1D have done in their career! Who can ever forget Zayn in the video? Both as a woman and as a man, he was absolutely S T U N N I N G, and his solos throughout the song are on point. It's such a fun, feel-good song that leaves you feeling great after. This really was peak 1D material. And finally, at #2 and #1 we have Perfect and 18. Perfect was a single from Made in the A.M., while 18 was an album track from FOUR. Both songs are just the absolute epitome of a PERFECT 1D ballad in my opinion. Harry sounds absolutely gorgeous on Perfect (and looks gorgeous in the video too x) - it's definitely a song I have so many fantastic memories of, while 18 is just so beautiful I could cry; one song Zayn really sounds his best on.

+Quote Post
JosephBoone
post Jan 3 2020, 02:27 PM
Post #23
you never forget your first time...
Group: Admin.
Member No.: 13,530

Interesting choice of #1, I love 18 though I wouldn't say it's my fave! Love You Goodbye in the top 10 heart.gif

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 07:06 PM