BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Best/worst Drag Race challenges ever
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Liаm
post 13th February 2019, 07:13 PM
Post #1
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
User: 10,139

I've been thinking about this since we had the pretty awful Sex and the Kitty Girl challenge last week, what challenges in herstory do you think were as bad, a bit of a choice. I'm not thinking so much because of a result, but ones that just felt pointless, wrong or dead on arrival.

Conversely, it never hurts to be positive so which are the best?
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 13th February 2019, 07:13 PM
Post #2
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!

One that sticks out immediately to me as easily among the worst is the Evil Twin challenge from S10. I think in a series that focused a lot on mental health, feelings of not being good enough etc., the fact that they made the queens dwell on that and use it for a challenge felt really really wrong. It was kind of just a shit version of the Ball because they did that too early last season laugh.gif

My favourite is always Snatch Game, as an individual challenge it would probably be Season 6's Snatch Game as Bianca, Ben and Adore all brought one of the best Snatch Game performances ever wub.gif

I'll have a think of some more too though!

+Quote this post
Martyn
post 13th February 2019, 11:12 PM
Post #3
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 66

The evil twin challenge is the worst.

Oh you don't have any issues Aquaria, well you should really sit and think about what is wrong with you. The whole episode was tacky and in poor taste.

+Quote this post
Envoirment
post 13th February 2019, 11:43 PM
Post #4
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 10,030

I love design challenges where the queens have to make outfits out of cheap or uncovential materials. Speaking of design challenges, the ball challenge is usually my favourite - The Last Ball On Earth challenge from season 10 is my favourite one of them all simply for the fact we got SO many looks all in one episode.

+Quote this post
RobBot
post 13th February 2019, 11:50 PM
Post #5
Group icon
I'm in a vewy bad mood, Bwadley.
User: 7,117

One that has always stood out to me, especially because of what a strong series it was, is the "Glamazons vs Champions" episode in Series 4 where they had to make infomercials for Ru's album. Maybe it's just that nobody was funny but the whole set-up was just so... cringy and didn't really serve up much opportunity to be anything but a boring mess where everyone had like one line.

The acting challenges have indeed all been awful recently, Breastworld and the AS3 ones were shit too. The cheerleading challenge was a bit stupid too.

+Quote this post
Cowboy Cody
post 14th February 2019, 12:06 AM
Post #6
Group icon
new hair, new tee, new Levii’s Jeans
User: 21,308

I was about to say “what was that challenge in season 10 where they had to encounter their inner demons and it was an uncomfortable mess?”
QUOTE(RobBob @ Feb 13 2019, 03:50 PM) *
The acting challenges have indeed all been awful recently, Breastworld and the AS3 ones were shit too. The cheerleading challenge was a bit stupid too.
Breastworld wasn’t even that bad but looking back at it, I kinda wish the guest judge was someone who was more tied to the WW franchise

(or maybe I’m just being incredibly selfish bc James marsden, I mean hellO have you seen the guy?)

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 14th February 2019, 12:44 AM
Post #7
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!

Oh yeah Breastworld was written horrendously, it's good it ended in a double shantay tbh because it would have unfair for anyone to go on that, everyone did their best with horrendous parts. I normally cut the acting challenges a bit of a slack because it's Drag Race it's gonna be campy and hardly going to be an Oscar winning masterpiece, but that took the cake.

+Quote this post
LouisL
post 14th February 2019, 12:48 AM
Post #8
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 42,419

I think my least favourite is the season 9 cheerleading one
Literally no one stood out apart from Valentina as they were all just doing the same dancing routine thing, and you could land in the bottom for not being able to do a perfect cartwheel??

My favourite is the improv challenges like The Bitchelor where the queens can act outside of the shows awful writing

+Quote this post
ElectroBoy
post 14th February 2019, 03:50 PM
Post #9
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 3,002

QUOTE(Liаm @ Feb 14 2019, 12:44 AM) *
Oh yeah Breastworld was written horrendously, it's good it ended in a double shantay tbh because it would have unfair for anyone to go on that, everyone did their best with horrendous parts. I normally cut the acting challenges a bit of a slack because it's Drag Race it's gonna be campy and hardly going to be an Oscar winning masterpiece, but that took the cake.

Was Breastworld the Season 10 one where the episode/ scene which seemed to last about 20 years and then after all that time no one went?

I think that episode more than any highlights why 14 episodes is way too many!

The inner demons one was meh too.

The Season 7 Shakespeare one was bad... but in a so bad it was good as everyone in that group was so off.

+Quote this post
HarryBorelli
post 14th February 2019, 04:04 PM
Post #10
Group icon
The Lady Said Go Home!
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 20,835

Other than some of the ones mentioned am I the only one who dislikes the Divine inspired challenge apart from ginger/trixie, Katy/Kenndy being good I didn't fully get the references having not watched any of the divine movies myself.

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 14th February 2019, 07:48 PM
Post #11
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!

QUOTE(ElectroBoy @ Feb 14 2019, 03:50 PM) *
Was Breastworld the Season 10 one where the episode/ scene which seemed to last about 20 years and then after all that time no one went?

I think that episode more than any highlights why 14 episodes is way too many!

The inner demons one was meh too.

The Season 7 Shakespeare one was bad... but in a so bad it was good as everyone in that group was so off.

Yeah the one where Aquaria was an Alexa type robot and Kameron/Eureka were bottom 2 but Cracker did bad as well laugh.gif

+Quote this post
p a v
post 14th February 2019, 10:34 PM
Post #12
Group icon
thanks for being a sarcy lil bitch
User: 4,397

QUOTE(LMLou @ Feb 14 2019, 03:48 AM) *
My favourite is the improv challenges like The Bitchelor where the queens can act outside of the shows awful writing

YASSSSS I love it so much. Trixie absolutely SLAYED the house down there. One of the funniest challenges hands down!

+Quote this post
p a v
post 14th February 2019, 10:37 PM
Post #13
Group icon
thanks for being a sarcy lil bitch
User: 4,397

Dela and Kennedy too of course. In a normal setup Trixie would've deservedly been a runaway winner of the episode but those two were also incredible.

+Quote this post
Leonardo
post 14th February 2019, 11:06 PM
Post #14
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 11,502

My least favourite is probably the chick flick pastiche from AS3, I mean the writing’s been as bad as other one’s memtioned above but the stupid fart sequence tips it over the edge for me. And I like a design challenge, like the Float Your Boat challenge which is still different from the Ball/1st Challenge but challenges the queens in a uncomedic way for a change.

+Quote this post
diva thin muffin
post 14th February 2019, 11:33 PM
Post #15
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Pronouns: he/him
User: 12,837

I loved the Fall and Spring Couture challenge from S7's premiere. Wish we had a challenge like that every season where the queens get to show two sides of their look already. So many amazing looks right there. But yeah basically any design challenge gets my vote for a best challenge.

This post has been edited by cantthinkofaname: 14th February 2019, 11:33 PM

+Quote this post
Simon.
post 15th February 2019, 07:49 AM
Post #16
Group icon
Sugar Like Apple Pie
User: 126

Most of S10s Inner Demons and the Drag Con one especially. S9 where Kimora went home and Trinity was a star fish, wtf was that.

+Quote this post
Andrew.
post 18th February 2019, 10:18 PM
Post #17
Group icon
is in hibernation
User: 21,161

The fairytale one in season 9 where they had to have ‘pet’ characters was painful laugh.gif

Loved the ballroom dancing in season 7 <3

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 24th April 2024, 07:04 PM