BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Artist News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Madonna, you and real life ~
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
HausofKubrick
post 25th February 2016, 08:06 PM
Post #1
Group icon
User: 13,007

A bit of a random/off-topic discussion thread, but how does Madonna affect your REAL LIFE. What I mean is, we're all fans of her and listen to her and discuss her in the forum but how are you with discussing Madonna to your real life friends, family etc. Have you grown up listening to her because of family or did you get into her music by other means? Do you discuss her music and her legacy with your friends and do you have others you can go to that are as big as fans as you are? Some probably never even utter her name outside of the internet, but are some of you known as Madonna fans to the people you know?

What do you think about her in the real world - are you vocal about her and her music?

Discuss ohmy.gif
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
HausofKubrick
post 25th February 2016, 08:15 PM
Post #2
Group icon

My sister was a big Madonna fan so I was always aware of her music and I think my earliest memory of watching a music video on the TV was either 'Ray of Light' or 'Frozen' (I know I saw both very early on) but I never really became a huge fan until a few years ago. I was really turned off from the 'Hard Candy' and 'MDNA' eras at the time and didn't want to support her then but I soon gave them a chance and began to fall in love with everything she'd done. I only really got into music in the late noughties and was a much more casual listener before that.

In terms of my social circles, I am known for being a gigantic Madonna fan. I talk about her a lot and always play her music when I have friends round. A few people from the site have met me in real life and can verify that I am very much obsessed with her and always feel the need to listen to her music and mention her (kink.gif). I love her too much NOT to talk about and obsess over her music :') and I even blast her music on my phone when drunk as again, a few off this site can tell you heehee.gif

+Quote this post
Jessie Where
post 25th February 2016, 11:04 PM
Post #3
Group icon
Break the tension
User: 51

Pretty much everyone I know knows that I am a pretty big fan, she's always a popular go to if I'm selecting something to play at a party as she has such a diverse scope of excellence to choose from.

I've always found her to be a BIG bonding point if you're speaking to new guys you meet at clubs and stuff. laugh.gif

+Quote this post
HausofKubrick
post 27th February 2016, 03:45 PM
Post #4
Group icon

QUOTE(mr_pmt @ Feb 25 2016, 11:04 PM) *
I've always found her to be a BIG bonding point if you're speaking to new guys you meet at clubs and stuff. laugh.gif

Definitely this! Although most of the time it's:

Me: You a Madonna fan?
Him: Yeah
Me: OMG what is your favourite song, what is your favourite album, do you like the new album, I LOVE this song and think this about her doing this and i'm not sure on that but I think you should hear this and my favourite song is...
Him: *walks away*

sad.gif

Meh, if they can't put up with my adoration for her they're surely not worth it anyway~

+Quote this post
J❄️hq
post 27th February 2016, 10:30 PM
Post #5
Group icon
my anxiety attacks
Pronouns: he/him
User: 8,674

One of my best friends is a HUGE fan (I'd say on the scale of some of the biggest fans on here), always watching her videos and performances and obsessing over everything about her so she gets FORCED upon me. He was the reason I went to the Rebel Heart tour (not that I was reluctant, I enjoy many of her songs~)

+Quote this post
HausofKubrick
post 28th February 2016, 11:48 AM
Post #6
Group icon

QUOTE(J▲hq @ Feb 27 2016, 10:30 PM) *
One of my best friends is a HUGE fan (I'd say on the scale of some of the biggest fans on here), always watching her videos and performances and obsessing over everything about her so she gets FORCED upon me. He was the reason I went to the Rebel Heart tour (not that I was reluctant, I enjoy many of her songs~)

Any chance you can get him to sign up to Buzzjack and start posting in this forum? ohmy.gif kink.gif

+Quote this post
vibe
post 28th February 2016, 04:57 PM
Post #7
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 11,763

I have been a fan for over 25 years. My mum tells me that when I was fan by the age of four. My mum bought all the early records and played them and she said I just took to it. She then purchased all the albums and concert VHS and I would watch and listen to them religiously. My mum went to the WTG tour in 1987 I was 3 years old ....

It wasn't until the reinvention tour that I finally got to see her live and I have been to every tour since.
I am known for being a massive fan by all my family and friends .

+Quote this post
HausofKubrick
post 2nd March 2016, 08:40 PM
Post #8
Group icon

You're probably the biggest fan on here in terms of seeing her live and the years you've been a fan laugh.gif very impressive that you manage to see her live so often. I'll definitely be seeing her live at every opportunity from now on but I've missed out on so much in the years I wasn't as dedicated sad.gif

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 25th April 2024, 02:53 PM