BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Who has the best chance at Solo Success?, Past & Present
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Total votes: 34
Guests cannot vote 
Klaus
post Oct 8 2017, 01:02 PM
Post #1
Group icon
❤️❤️➕🟦
User: 17,160
I know there’s been threads before on solo success but I’m curious to know thoughts on whether chances/shots at solo success has changed over time. So, I’ve picked three key moments: the start of their career, post-Salute/pre-Black Magic and now.

My thoughts are Perrie for the stsrt, Jade post-Salute and now I think its between Perrie & Jesy. Jesy seems to really be pushing herself to be the voice/face of the group, possibly positioning hersef for solo success.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
IDGANewRules
post Oct 8 2017, 01:40 PM
Post #2
Group icon
BuzzJack Climber
User: 42,712
Jesy is probably the most famous member of the group, she'd be a nice alternative to all the usual pop girls and she's my favourite as well. I'm not sure I can see any of them being like a Cheryl Cole having way more success than anyone else in the group (obviously they won't be solo for decades laugh.gif kink.gif)

+Quote this post
caseclosed
post Oct 8 2017, 03:56 PM
Post #3
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 23,311
Think, objectively, it's been and will always be Perrie. In practice, though, we'll never know.

+Quote this post
Jade
post Oct 8 2017, 04:02 PM
Post #4
Group icon
Alone and wounded
Pronouns: She/her
User: 12,810
On X Factor Perrie always shone as the star of the group as she always had great solo opportunities, like her moments in 'Silent Night' for example. Fast forward to now and she doesn't seem like the obvious solo star anymore as they all shine in their own ways. I'd say Jesy exudes the most star quality now even if she doesn't necessarily have the strongest voice. I would be very surprised if they split any time soon though as they always make a thing of not wanting to go solo in interviews and they seem genuine about it.

+Quote this post
post Oct 8 2017, 05:04 PM
Post #5
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 19,931
Perrie for all 3. i think all of them could possibly get hits but Perrie is the Cheryl of the group (with vocal talent).

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post Oct 8 2017, 08:08 PM
Post #6
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 5,042
For me,

Perrie
Jade
Jesy

I agree with people here though, I really think they all would have a couple of minor hits at least and there wouldn't be a runaway success like Cheryl in GA. Perrie has an astounding voice, but in Girl Groups it's rare that "the voice" is the most successful. Just look at GA and Sats as recent examples. Nadine and Vanessa are considered "the voice of..." their respective groups.

Nowadays people like unique voices and Jesy is perfect for that mould. Personally Jesy's album would be my least anticipated out of the four (just coz I dunno if a full album of just her voice would be my thing at all) but I agree with Froot in that I feel like she's positioning herself well the last couple of eras.

But Jade has always seemed very under appreciated as a vocalist in the group. It's no secret she's my fave and the star quality just oozes out of her, but I get the feeling the GBP wouldn't take to her talents the same way we Mixers do.

But ofc, the longer they're a group, the better, imo.wub.gif

+Quote this post
Sabrina.
post Oct 21 2017, 03:01 PM
Post #7
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 9,406
Perrie for all 3

+Quote this post
Jessie Where
post Oct 21 2017, 03:19 PM
Post #8
Group icon
Break the tension
User: 51
I could see all 3 of them getting a hit except Leigh-Anne. Thinking about it kind of makes you realise how much she's the 'sideline' member of the group compared to the other three.

+Quote this post
JulianNial
post Oct 21 2017, 05:11 PM
Post #9
Group icon
Julian Nial
User: 18,454
I think they all would, but Perrie for sure would be the most anticipated. I wonder what sounds they would each go for.

+Quote this post
spiceboy
post Oct 21 2017, 06:00 PM
Post #10
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 39,568
I'm not so sure any of them necessarily would. I went for Perrie for all 3 as she is the most famous member outside of the group, but really there are no stand out members they work as a team rather than on their own.
Girls Aloud has Cheryl very much pushed to the forefront (thanks to X Factor, Ashley Cole, Will-I-Am)
Spice Girls were all huge names in their own right worldwide.
Diana Ross very much the forefront of The Supremes.
Beyonce was basically in Beyonce's Child.
Little Mix are more like Atomic Kitten (only much much better) in that they are very well known as a group but I wouldn't say any of them are huge well known names away from the group.

Of course that doesn't mean anything as Louise had quite a long and fairly successful career, and Melanie B / Victoria both had albums which couldn't get past Silver...

This post has been edited by Spiceboy: Oct 21 2017, 06:01 PM

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 05:20 PM