BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Britney's cousin Alli claims Jamie Spears threatened her
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Slayer
post Feb 14 2021, 02:30 PM
Post #1
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 120,499

Alli Sims hasn’t spoken to her cousin Britney Spears since she said Spears’ father threatened her more than a decade ago.

In January 2008, as James “Jamie” Spears sought control of his daughter's affairs, Sims said she received a call warning something would happen to her if she did not cease communicating with the pop icon.

“He 100 percent was threatening me with my life,” said Sims, who left her job working for celebrity event planner Mindy Weiss to move in with Spears as a paid assistant in 2007. “I didn’t put it past him, so I didn’t answer" her calls again.

Although Sims said she does not miss the everyday madness when Spears was hounded by the media, she does miss their friendship.

“Do I miss her as a person and think about her all the time? Yes,” she said. “She’s all over the place still. You can’t help but think about her every day.”

Sims said she did not know what to do to help Spears in the time leading up to the conservatorship. In January 2008, when Spears underwent two involuntary psychiatric holds, Sims said Spears would sometimes reach out to her using random people’s phones when hers was taken away to ask for help.

“The situation had become way over my head at that point and her dad and other people were involved,” she said.

“I really do believe (Jamie) would have done something if I didn't remove myself from the situation,” Sims said.

Jamie Spears’ attorneys have not responded to NBC News’ request for comment.

Sims said she carries “a lot of guilt,” adding she got numerous calls from her cousin that she did not answer after Jamie Spears’ alleged threat to stay away.

“I can't imagine how alone she felt,” she said.

“When I think about how long she has had to endure this and it being 13 years, it just makes me so sad for her. I really do hope one day she's able to tell her story if that's what she wants to do. If she does, get ready because there's more to that story than I'm sure anybody could ever imagine.”
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Neil
post Feb 14 2021, 02:50 PM
Post #2
BuzzJack Gold Member
Group: Members
Member No.: 9,016
   No Gallery Pics

Hmm, wasn't she also a bit of a bad influence on Britney, tried to exploit her connections to launch her own pop career, sold multiple stories on Britney etc. I certainly hope what she's saying isn't true but it would fit the narrative of Jamie being a total twat, but not sure how trustworthy she really is.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 01:02 PM