BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> RESULTS: Drag Race Season 10 // THE RATE
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Liаm
post Aug 7 2018, 04:17 PM
Post #1
Brown cow, stunning!
Group: Members
Member No.: 10,139

Sorry this took so long but let's get on with it!! I'll just post the challenges all in one bc less people voted for them and there's no point dragging it out laugh.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Aug 7 2018, 05:01 PM
Post #2
Brown cow, stunning!

12 Evil Twins 2.78

No surprise this is last by quite some margin. It garnered a fair bit of controversy for using people's struggles and inner demons as a challenge and I'm inclined to agree, it was just not a great concept and nobody executed THAT well, Aquaria I guess deserved the win but eh.

11 Breastworld 5.67

About right for this I think, some solid performances but the whole thing was really dragged out and the script was quite iffy (Asia, Aquaria and Monet did the best they could with it) plus Eureka, Cracker and Kameron were all pretty awful.

10 Tap That App 6.66

Similar to Breastworld, this was beset by a few kinda shit performances - especially being early in the season. This was a better challenge on the whole though, I'd have it higher than a few to come. Blair/Eureka/Cracker were all great as a unit, yet Asia won making a stupid face lol so funneh!111!1 Still will NEVER understand that but I've gone on about that enough kink.gif

09 Pharmarusical 6.72

Probably the weakest after Evil Twins for me, it was a solid enough performance but I didn't have that desire to go and watch it back. Nobody really stood out and I felt like Vixen's win was just "you led the winning team well".

08 American 7.33

A solid enough challenge, I really liked all the verses and the choreography tbh.

07 Dragcon 7.67 (no 11s, less 10s)

The first of a 3 way tie! This was a "nice" challenge for me, I really enjoyed the winning panel and it was Kameron's first time to really shine. Eureka obv stole it though! The other two panels were ofc pretty iffy to say the least, especially poor Blair/Vixen/Cracker who absolutely bombed.

06 10s Across The Board 7.67 (no 11s, more 10s)

The first challenge of the series was an homage to the first ever challenge Drag On A Dime. It set up excitement for the series as there were lots of great looks and potential winners, but Mayhem snatched it! The most iconic though was of course Monet's sponge dress, the recurring gag of the season alongside Miss Vanjie *.*

05 Makeover 7.67 (one 11)

With an 11 this breaks the tie and comes out on top! This wasn't my fave makeover challenge, but Miz Cookie was incredible and it was brilliant to see Cracker FINALLY get her win!

04 Bossy Rossy Show 7.72

This was another challenge where Eureka shone, I really enjoyed her role as well as Miz Cracker's bonkers Dill Pickle and Monique's maneating mistress of a cactus, any of them could have won imo.

03 Cher: The Unauthorized Rusical

MIZ CRACKER ROBBED!!!! Honestly cannot fathom how she wasn't even in the top, Kameron was good but I think Ru was a bit precious about how Cher was portrayed and Cracker was a bit too tongue in cheek pisstake version of comeback Cher, idk drama.gif An enjoyable and fun challenge anyway, there were competent and good performances as well as funny ones (Asia's was hilarious also for the wrong reasons).

02 Snatch Game 8.27

Always a fan fave challenge, this year was completely stolen by Eureka's Honey Boo Boo, Monet's Maya Angelou and of course Aquaria's Melania Trump. Eureka would have won the past couple of Snatch Games had she been on those seasons and done Honey Boo Boo (it was SO dead on I was cackling rotf.gif) but Aquaria's is one of the best ever imo. It was so unexpected, clever, funny, totally spot on and in character for the whole thing. That's where we knew Aquaria was a star, not just a pretty face and nice body turning a few looks.

01 The Last Ball On Earth 8.94

So your fave challenge was the ball! This came much earlier than in previous seasons, being the 4th challenge, so we got a bumper 33 looks! It was great seeing everyone show a few sides and perhaps venture out of their comfort zones, I was particularly impressed with Cracker, Eureka, Kameron and of course Aquaria who won her first challenge. There were lots of brilliant looks, a great challenge.

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Aug 8 2018, 04:03 PM
Post #3
Brown cow, stunning!

LIPSYNCS

15 Final 4 - Call Me Mother 3.75

In last place unsurprisingly is the rather uninspiring Final 4 lipsync to Ru's Call Me Mother. I'm not sure, as much as I love it, this is a great lipsync song anyway, but when it was used while the final 4 were in extravagant gowns, unable to properly move about the stage, with of course very little space anyway with 4 queens on stage, it was a bit awkward to say the least and was just really the final 4 swaying a bit and lipsyncing the words, you could feel them like "god when can we leave" laugh.gif

14 Monique vs. The Vixen - Cut To The Feeling 3.90

Not faring much better is perhaps the most disappointing lipsync of the season. FINALLY we got a Carly Rae song, and I thought Monique would be a great lipsyncer and give Vixen a run for her money... But nope. Monique forgot the words and did the classic slip-up of turning around so the judges couldn't see that her mouth wasn't moving at all :') Vixen gave a solid ish performance but it couldn't save it from the trainwreck Monique dragged it down to sad.gif

+Quote Post
Theonix
post Aug 8 2018, 04:16 PM
Post #4
BUY Phoenix on Amazon / STREAM Phoenix on Spotify
Member No.: 8,661

Oops sorry I forgot to comment on the challenge results! A deserving winner, I would have put American higher though and maybe Snatch Game down a couple - the highlights were so good but the bottom three were terrible.

Cut to the Feeling should be LAST in the lipsyncs I didn't rate those though so I can't complain ph34r.gif I had so much second hand embarrassment for both those queens.

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Aug 9 2018, 06:26 PM
Post #5
Brown cow, stunning!

13 Asia vs. Kameron - Nasty 4.70

Next up is an iconic for ALL the wrong reasons lipsync to the crown. One of the best Janet songs was SCREAMING out to be a lipsync but we got.... this. Kameron wasn't that great but it was the trainwreck with Asia's stunt that put this one in the history book. She had planned to release live butterflies but they were all dead and we ended up with dead butterflies scattered all over the floor being stomped on with extreme close ups of them, leading to awful yet hilarious memes.

12 Eureka vs Auqaria - If 4.93

Another lipsync to the crown, this was just all round average really and ended in a double shante. Eureka probably "won" but they probably didn't want a fuss like season 9 in taking out Aquaria and Asia before the final lipsync so Aquaria managed to stay and ofc win the whole thing.

+Quote Post
HarryBorelli
post Aug 12 2018, 11:08 AM
Post #6
The Lady Said Go Home!
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 20,835

No surprise at the bottom four lip syncs

+Quote Post
✖ leww ✖
post Aug 14 2018, 07:32 AM
Post #7
escape in the taste of summerrrrrr
Member No.: 9,403

i am still AGOG at nasty being used once in allstars controversially already for it to be used again in the finale for season 10 with similar effect! talk about a curse. both of the janet were AWFUL choices (and this is from janet who has a discography that includes one of the most OBVIOUS gay pride adjacent songs ever) so i don't know what rupaul was smoking

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Sep 7 2018, 12:08 AM
Post #8
Brown cow, stunning!

Sorry for the delay, my laptop was in repair and everything was on there drama.gif let's get the lipsyncs out the way:

11 Blair vs. The Vixen - I'm Coming Out 5.40

Another meh lipsync, a shame for Blair as she should have lasted longer. Neither queen exactly popped but Blair practically gave up.

10 Kameron vs Miz Cracker - Nasty Girl 5.55

A controversial one here, Kameron survived her third lipsync against fan favourite Miz Cracker. I can't *really* grumble at her staying because Cracker gave nothing, but Kameron resulted to the usual bland stunts.

09 Mayhem vs. Monet - Man! I Feel Like A Woman 5.90

A song that was long in the waiting to be a lipsync, but not really a lipsync to match the anticipation.

08 Aquaria vs. Eureka vs. Kameron - Bang Bang 6.05

After the first round of lipsyncs in the finale, this was certainly better but still a FAR cry from Sasha's rose petals last season... It was fine I guess and competent enough, Aquaria certainly sealed her win by doing far better on this than she did with If.

07 Asia vs. Vixen - Groove Is In The Heart 6.66

Finally Vixen was vanquished by Asia, I certainly agree with this being a few places higher than the other Vixen lipsyncs where she kind of won by default, I think both did fight for it this time.

06 Kalorie vs Vanessa - Ain't No Other Man 7.00

Despite Kalorie seeming like she was the most obvious first out ever, a soulful sassy lipsync song led to her giving a really solid performance and actually this was a great first lipsync all round!

05 Eureka vs Kalorie - Best of My Life 7.05

Kalorie didn't go down without a fight in the second week either, it was obviously going to be Eureka staying and she definitely won that lipsync but it was a surprisingly really good lipsync!

04 Mayhem vs Yuhua - Celebrity Skin 7.50

Personally a bit baffled this is so high, not the most memorable or exciting lipsync but oh well.

03 Kameron vs Monet - Good As Hel 7.55l

LOVED this lipsync, the song on paper seemed so Monet but Kameron absolutely slayed it also and they both really embodied the song.

02 Eureka vs Kameron - New Attitude 8.80

A fab lipsync, both had the exact right energy for it and for some reason I feel like it really fit the Golden Girls runway theme too laugh.gif

01 Monet vs. Dusty - Pound The Alarm 10.50

Only scoring 10s and 11s, OF COURSE this was #1!! Dusty I suppose did her best bless her, in a slightly stiff auntie who tries to let loose at a wedding after a couple of glasses of wine. But of course Monet is the true star in one of the best lipsync performances of all time, solidified by that fake death drop which was INCREDIBLE.

+Quote Post
HarryBorelli
post Sep 7 2018, 12:13 AM
Post #9
The Lady Said Go Home!

The fake death drop easily put this lip sync in the history books as one of the best imo!

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Sep 7 2018, 01:05 PM
Post #10
Brown cow, stunning!

BRING BACK MY GIRLS!!!!!

14 Kalorie Karbdashian Williams 3.17

Highest score: 6 (Liam)
Lowest score: 0 (HarryEzra)

Poor Kalorie is in last here, I wouldn't have her much higher tbf kink.gif She was nice enough, cute, and hot out of drag, but she was really quite season 2 or 3 and in a season as strong as this she was doomed. She did well to get further than week 1 tbh, when the cast was revealed she seemed like the most obvious first boot in years!!

13 The Vixen 5.00

Highest score: 11 (CardiiB, Jack)
Lowest score: -1 (Electroboy, Liam, Theo, Doug)

I think i'd take my -1 now post-show, it was unbearable on the show that she was so loud and OTT but the more that comes out about Eureka post-show, the more I know she had a point drama.gif But her drag just isn't for me even if I take away the personality, a bit hashed together for my tastes. She was a lipsync assassin, taking out fan faves in Blair and Monique before being ousted by Asia following a disastrously dull Cher performance (at least Asia's was comically bad)

12 Eureka 5.22

Highest score: 11 (Adam)
Lowest score: -1 (Jack, Martyn)

Another controversial figure, Eureka was pulled up by fans multiple times throughout the season for their self-centred, loud and annoying behaviour. I love their drag and don't care what anyone says, they are talented af (they earned two wins and honestly could easily have got 3 in a row with Honey Boo Boo if not for Aquaria knocking out the park), but I did also tire of their behaviour as the season went on. Post show they are just a mess, recently claiming they aren't racist because "I want to be black" drama.gif

+Quote Post
HarryBorelli
post Sep 7 2018, 01:09 PM
Post #11
The Lady Said Go Home!

The vixen didn't go on snatch game week she went on the cher rusical week.

tbh I kinda think The Vixen should be higher but no real surprises.

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Sep 7 2018, 01:09 PM
Post #12
Brown cow, stunning!

Oh yeah that was just wishful thinking of the Asia/Vixen hideous pair of Beyonce/Blue Ivy laugh.gif

+Quote Post
diva las vegans
post Sep 7 2018, 01:26 PM
Post #13
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 12,837
   No Gallery Pics

Might be missing something but why do you refer to Eureka as "they"? Just curious mainly as it seems I may have missed a memo somewhere lol.

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Sep 7 2018, 01:27 PM
Post #14
Brown cow, stunning!

QUOTE(cantthinkofaname @ Sep 7 2018, 02:26 PM) *
Might be missing something but why do you refer to Eureka as "they"? Just curious mainly as it seems I may have missed a memo somewhere lol.

Eureka is non-binary I'm just used to it now, ik a drag queen is she but when I talk about Eureka's problematic behaviour (ie David on Twitter) I just tend to use they laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Theonix
post Sep 7 2018, 01:42 PM
Post #15
BUY Phoenix on Amazon / STREAM Phoenix on Spotify
Member No.: 8,661

I think Eureka deserves higher than 11th based on performance on Drag Race... I don't follow her/them outside of the show nor do I care for the Vixen. Glad to see the latter (almost) place dead last!

Weren't there 14 contestants this season though? unsure.gif

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Sep 7 2018, 01:43 PM
Post #16
Brown cow, stunning!

Oh yeah there was, I typod on Kalorie and then used that as a reference point and didn't think laugh.gif

+Quote Post
blacksquare
post Sep 7 2018, 01:51 PM
Post #17
BuzzJack Gold Member
Member No.: 23,471
   No Gallery Pics

Vixen below Eureka

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Sep 25 2018, 03:06 AM
Post #18
Brown cow, stunning!

Omg I'm so sorry I'm slacking so bad on this laugh.gif :/

11th Vanessa Vanjie Mateo 5.64

Highest score: 9 (HarryEzra)
Lowest score: 3 (Theo)

MISS VANJIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE. The essential meme queen of the season fails to captivate this rate, given that she was out first it's maybe no surprise! But even if someone didn't see a second of this series, they will have almost certainly seen one of the many memes that arose from Vanjie's iconic Bloody Mary esque exit, which had Ru in stitches and led to Vanjie references almost every episode laugh.gif I think there's something there talent wise but it just wasn't shown on this season at all.

10th Yuhua Hamasaki 5.72

Highest score: 9 (152Chris)
Lowest score: 2 (Theo)

Ok plus points for stanning Ayumi Hamasaki <3 But god, from a personal standpoint Yuhua was the most disappointing contestant this season. Pre-season she was probably the one I was most excited for, I imagined the wealth of Asian inspired looks she could give, I thought she'd be really funny and standout but... nah. After a strong start with a stunning yellow tape look and a couple of other decent looks, in acting and performance Yuhua really fell flat, but at least she has her "hot and flexible body" x

9th Dusty Ray Bottoms 5.81

Highest score: 9 (ElectroBoy)
Lowest score: 3 (Jack)

Never loved ha xxxx Dusty was another one I was quite excited for who never quite hit the heights. On paper I loved her style, but it didn't always work, and despite her theatrical background, her performances didn't stand out. Fans really felt for her given her backstory of homophobic parents and conversion therapy, but she never took off and has seemed to be quite shady post season (and on the reunion) so hmm at her in general.

8th Mayhem Miller 5.94

Highest score: 8 (Doug, Conderella, Lee_J11)
Lowest score: 3 (blacksquare, Josh)

Despite winning a challenge, Mayhem is another who didn't really kick off an arc or get much of a story. I think Mayhem gave me the least of any queen, despite being a clearly very seasoned and polished queen I think there may have been a reason it took her nearly 10 years of constant auditioning to get on the show... She is fine for say paegants and clubs but there really isn't that spark that's needed for America's Next Drag Superstar, not in the slightest.

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Sep 27 2018, 12:15 AM
Post #19
Brown cow, stunning!

7th Kameron Michaels 6.72

Highest score: 9 (HarryEzra)
Lowest score: 1 (Joe)

A second finalist falls here in the form of this season's lipsync assassin Kameron, who controversially ousted Monet and Miz Cracker (despite never really deserving finalist status based on a lot of meh challenges made up for by solid looks). Kameron *seemed* lovely but was a non-entity and not much of a presence, however the reunion made it seem like she was fake af and actually a bitch, which was about the most interesting she was all season x Nah I jest, she was fine as a queen if a bit basic, on what we saw she seemed likeable enough, but nothing too exciting.

6th Asia O'Hara 7.50

Highest score: 10 (CardiiB, Davidson)
Lowest score: 4.5 (Liam)

And the last finalist other than winner Aquaria is out, Drag Race robbed Buzzjack of seeing their faves rightfully slaying </3 Still too high tbh xx I get that Asia was polished and seasoned, and very good at what she did, but what she did was just not for me at all. Asia was consistently praised through the season for her looks and challenge performances, but faltered on Snatch Game and Cher, and had an absolute disaster which she should've seen in the finale by using live butterflies that all ended up dead, plummetting to the floor instead of flying when released, and trampled on. But hey, at least it's the most awful but best meme ever x

+Quote Post
diva las vegans
post Sep 27 2018, 10:39 PM
Post #20
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 12,837
   No Gallery Pics

Omg Blair still in this *.*

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 12:18 AM