BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
> 
6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Ariana Grande
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Jade
post 9th February 2020, 02:59 PM
Post #41
Group icon
Alone and wounded
Pronouns: She/her
User: 12,810

Ariana Grande AF: newsletter #29

Ariana's 'thank u, next' album turns one!

This week marked one year since Ariana unleashed her fifth studio album 'thank u, next' on the world! She marked the occasion by paying an emotional tribute to the project on her social media accounts. Have you been revisiting the album this week to celebrate the anniversary? What are your favourite songs a year on? Let us know above!

Ariana Grande: The Singles Rate 2020 - The Results!

The deadline for our Ariana Grande Singles Rate 2020 activity has now passed and the results thread is up! My fellow mod Juliano should be announcing which song has finished last in the rate soon, but in the meantime, please feel free to make your predictions! Thanks to those who are already hyping up the results.

'Sweetener' has been certified platinum in the U.K.!

This week it was announced that 'Sweetener' has become Ariana's FOURTH studio album out of a possible five to receive a platinum certification in the U.K. - amazing!

What is Ariana's best Grammy Awards performance?

Recently we witnessed Ariana performing a mash-up of 'imagine', 'My Favourite Things', '7 rings' and 'thank, u next' at the 2020 Grammys ceremony! But, how does this Grammy Awards performance compare to her previous one in 2015 - where she tackled 'Just A Little Bit Of Your Heart'? Vote and comment above!

We made a remarkable rebound in the AF Posters' Chart this week as we climbed to 3rd place with 69 posts! Thank you, let's keep up the good work. <3

- Your Ariana Grande mods
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Jade
post 16th February 2020, 06:47 PM
Post #42
Group icon
Alone and wounded

Ariana Grande AF: newsletter #30

More results revealed for Ariana Grande: The Singles Rate 2020!

The results of the Ariana Grande Singles Rate 2020 are currently underway! The Ariana mod team have been counting down positions in the bottom 10 for most days this week. We're currently up to the #30 spot where 'MONOPOLY' is the latest song to crash out. Catch up now before we continue!

'Into You' is certified 2x platinum in the U.K.!

Ariana's single 'Into You', which did not even peak in the top 10, has now been certified 2x platinum in the U.K.! The 'Dangerous Woman' single, released back in 2016 as the second pick from the album, has notched up over 1,200,000 chart sales now. Incredible!

Justin Bieber shouts Ariana out as an inspiration

This week fellow superstar Justin Bieber praised Ariana in a Tweet! He said: "@ArianaGrande thank you for Coachella and helping remind me of what I love to do. Appreciate you so much." Aww. Good to see that the two of them are still friends all these years later. Are you surprised that Ariana is not a feature on Bieber's latest album?

'One Last Time' turns 5 years old!

This week marked 5 years since 'One Last Time' was released as a single! How has it held up for you in 2020?

It was also revealed that the Ariana forum placed in 3rd this week in the AF Posters' Chart with a whopping 79 posts! Thanks so much for the continued support.

+Quote this post
Jade
post 23rd February 2020, 03:27 PM
Post #43
Group icon
Alone and wounded

Ariana Grande AF: newsletter #31

More Ariana Grande Singles Rate 2020 results announced

This week we have continued to count down more of the results for the big 'Singles Rate 2020' event. We have now cracked the top 25 and the latest result is 'Good As Hell (Remix)' dropping out in the 25th position. Feel free to catch up on all results and comment in the thread above!

General discussion: Brit Awards, Nickelodeon rumours and upcoming 'Kidding' appearance!

This week there were multiple Ariana tidbits to post about in the General Discussion thread. Firstly, the 40th Brit Awards ceremony took place this week - where Ariana was nominated for Best International Female. Sadly she went home empty handed. Next, rumour mill went into overdrive when Nickelodeon posted a silhouette of a female figure that looks suspiciously like Ariana. Victorious 10th anniversary celebrations? Kids Choice Awards performance? We'll just have to wait and see! Finally, Ariana will tonight appear on the tv show 'Kidding' alongside her idol Jim Carrey. She appears to be sporting a green fairy outfit for her role!

'7 rings' passes 700 million views on YouTube

This week Ariana's smash hit '7 rings' passed 700 million views on YouTube! Click the link above to see her YT stats updated in full.

It was also announced that we spent a third consecutive week in 3rd place on the AF Posters' Chart, with 50 posts this week! Thanks so much everyone.

+Quote this post
Jade
post 28th February 2020, 08:29 PM
Post #44
Group icon
Alone and wounded

Ariana Grande AF: newsletter #32

This is coming to you guys a little early as I'm busy this weekend!

Apply to be a moderator for the Ariana Grande forum

Earlier in the week, Cameron notified us behind the scenes that he would be stepping down as an Ariana mod due to real life commitments, plus wanting the Pop forum to be his sole moderating focus on here. We wish him the best of luck with IRL endeavours and making the Pop forum as great as it can possibly be! His work over the past few years has been very much appreciated. As a result of Cameron stepping down, we now have a free position on the team. Are you an Ariana fan who would like to join myself, Juliano and Joseph in moderating the forum? If this sounds appealing to you then please click the link above and follow the instructions, it's a short and sweet process.

Catch up with Ariana Grande: The Singles Rate 2020

We have now reached the top 20 of the Ariana 2020 singles rate! 'Bang Bang' is the latest casualty to drop out in 20th. Catch up above before we progress further!

Doja Cat vs. Ariana mash-up?!

Earlier in the week, Jonjo informed us of an unexpected Ariana Grande and Doja Cat mash-up that has gone viral! Click the link above to find out which songs were used and feel free to give it a listen.

Ariana appears on the TV show Kidding!

Earlier in the week, Ariana appeared as a singing fairy on the comedy-drama TV show Kidding alongside idol Jim Carrey! We've been discussing her impressive vocals in the general discussion thread, have a look above as we've provided some clips in there.

Updated sales information

Chart fans assemble. Jay has very kindly updated the sales thread with totals for some Ariana albums and singles!

What an action-packed week and it's only Friday! It was also announced that we placed 3rd in the AF Posters' Chart again with 45 posts. Thanks so much!

+Quote this post
Jade
post 8th March 2020, 03:14 PM
Post #45
Group icon
Alone and wounded

Ariana Grande AF: newsletter #33

Afternoon all hi.gif here is this week's round-up of what has been happening in the Ariana Grande AF...

Ariana collaboration expected on Lady Gaga's upcoming album!

This week we found out that Ariana is expected to feature on Lady Gaga's upcoming studio album 'Chromatica'! The collaboration between the two is called 'Rain on Me' and is rumoured to be dropping later this month. What do you make of this news? Are you excited to see the two super stars working together? 2020 is treating us well already!

New Ariana mod chosen!

We recently opened up applications for a new Ari mod after Cameron sadly decided to step down from his role. The process closed earlier in the week and we can now announce that our brand new Ariana moderator is LewisGT! Please give a warm welcome to him in the thread above.

Ariana Singles Rate 2020 Results reach the top 15!

Ariana Singles Rate 2020 results have continued to tick along this week (with brand new mod Lewis providing his first commentary last night!) and we're now into the top 15. The latest result to drop was 'Side To Side', which surprisingly finished outside the top 10 in 13th! Catch up with all the action above.

The streaming queen is back for International Women's Day!

Today we found out that the popular Spotify playlist Hot Hits UK has been taken over by female artists for International Women's Day 2020! Ari has two placements on said playlist, with 'no tears left to cry' as high as the 5th song featured and 'thank u, next' a little lower at #21. Yay!

It was also announced that we spent a whopping 5th week in 3rd place (with 71 posts) in the AF Posters' Chart! That consistency. *.*

+Quote this post
Jade
post 15th March 2020, 02:12 PM
Post #46
Group icon
Alone and wounded

Ariana Grande AF: newsletter #34

Ariana features on Donald Glover's new album!

Back in 2014, Ariana and Childish Gambino (aka Donald Glover) worked together for the first time on 'Break Your Heart Right Back', featured on 'My Everything'. Now, Ariana has returned the favour by appearing on Glover's latest album! The track appears to be called 'Time' and can be heard on donaldgloverpresents.com. Let us know what you think!

More Ariana Singles Rate 2020 results revealed!

This week we've continued to present Singles Rate 2020 results! We're now up to #6, where 'Love Me Harder' was announced as the latest song to drop out. Feel free to catch up ahead of the top 5 - where three Sweetener songs, one Dangerous Woman song and one from My Everything are battling for the crown!

Ariana features on the 'Top 10 Global Singles 2019' list

This week the Official Charts Company announced that '7 rings' is on the 'Top 10 Global Singles 2019' list! Find out its exact position above.

It was also announced that we finished 2nd in the AF Posters' Chart with 83 posts! Incredible! Thanks so much everyone.

+Quote this post
Jade
post 22nd March 2020, 12:13 PM
Post #47
Group icon
Alone and wounded

Ariana Grande AF: newsletter #35

Ariana Grande: The Singles Rate Results 2020 COMPLETE!

This week saw the completion of the Ariana Singles Rate 2020 after many weeks of counting down! Feel free to catch up through the link above.

'needy' is certified silver!

This week it was announced that another Ariana album track has been certified! The song in question is 'needy'. Are you a fan?

One year since the 'Sweetener World Tour' kicked off!

March 18th marked one year since the Sweetener World Tour began! Did you get to go to the tour? Feel free to share memories above.

Gaga chats about her collab with Ariana in 'Paper' magazine

Lady Gaga was interviewed by Paper Magazine this week and chatted about Ariana collaboration 'Rain on Me' during the interview. We can't wait for it!

Brother of Manchester Attacks bomber found Guilty

This week news broke that the brother of the Manchester Attacks bomber was found guilty for his involvement with the tragedy. Some justice served. For the 22.

It was also announced that we placed 3rd in the AF Posters' Chart with 59 posts! Thanks so much everyone.

+Quote this post
Jade
post 29th March 2020, 12:04 PM
Post #48
Group icon
Alone and wounded

Ariana Grande AF: newsletter #36

Ariana wishes Gaga a happy birthday!

Last night Ariana wished Lady Gaga a happy birthday on instagram with a recent photo of the two and an emotional caption! I don't know about you guys but my anticipation for their collaboration 'Rain on Me' is even higher after this glimpse into their close friendship. Check out the post above!

What was your first post in the Ariana AF?

This week we've been throwing it back by sharing our first ever posts in the Ariana forum! A common theme so far is 'My Everything' era related posts. Come and join in the fun by letting us know what your first post was in the AF! All is explained if you're not sure how to find it quickly.

Victorious turns 10!

This week has been very nostalgic for Victorious fans as the show celebrated its 10 year anniversary! As a result, cast members including Ariana herself, have been posting throwback posts on social media and even all reunited for a group chat over webcam! Let us know your memories of the show.

Childish Gambino collaboration 'Time' gets pushed!

This week we found out that Radio 1 have added 'Time' to their playlist and it features on Spotify's 'New Music Friday' playlist too! Let us know what you think of the song.

General discussion: snippet of new song, documentary coming and Tori Kelly covers 'NASA'

This week has been interesting for the general discussion thread! Firstly, Ariana posted a snippet of an unreleased song thought to be called 'Nasty'. It was also announced that she will be taking part in a documentary series called '&MUSIC' which appears to feature footage of the Sweetener World Tour. Lastly, fellow singer Tori Kelly covered 'thank u, next' album track 'NASA'! Catch up with all the chat above, links to all the relevant clips are embedded.

Best Ariana memes

Times are tough right now and we're looking for light-hearted content to cheer us up. So, I decided to extend that to the Ariana forum! Feel free to share your favourite Ariana memes / funny moments / facial expressions in the thread above.

It was announced that we finished 3rd in the latest AF Posters' Chart with 78 posts! Thank you for another amazing week.

+Quote this post
Jade
post 5th April 2020, 12:10 PM
Post #49
Group icon
Alone and wounded

Ariana Grande AF: newsletter #37

Ariana album survivor launches!

Our latest activity is an Ariana album survivor! The tracks from the winning album will then go into their own survivor. We're a few rounds in now - with Dangerous Woman, My Everything and thank u, next battling for the winning crown. Vote for your least favourite of the three above if you haven't done so yet.

General discussion: Ariana named as the best popstar of 2019, plus Akon and Taylor Swift revealed as stans

This week Billboard posted an article called 'The Greatest Pop Star By Year: 1981 - 2019' and Ariana was their pick for 2019! A round of applause for her excellent success last year. In other news, Akon quote tweeted a fan who was desperate for a collab between him and Ari by saying "Me and @ArianaGrande would kill on a track." - watch this space! Taylor Swift was also revealed as an Ari stan when she chose 'Into You' as one of her tracks during a radio takeover. Taste!

MONOPOLY turns one!

This week Ariana's collaboration with Victoria Monét - 'MONOPOLY' - turned one year old! What do you make of the song?

Superior Side: Yours Truly edition

So, the album survivor isn't the only excuse to delve into Ariana's back catalogue right now! The purpose of this 'Superior Side' activity is to vote for the side with the best set of songs on each Ariana vinyl. So, we're starting with her debut 'Yours Truly' which contains 2 sides. Vote for the one with the best set of songs above!

It was also announced that we finished in 12th place with 32 posts in the AF Posters' Chart. Here's to a top 10 rebound this week!

+Quote this post
Jade
post 12th April 2020, 11:32 AM
Post #50
Group icon
Alone and wounded

Ariana Grande AF: newsletter #38

'Dangerous Woman' survivor

This week 'Dangerous Woman' won our Ariana album survivor game! As a result, the album tracks from 'Dangerous Woman' have gone into their own survivor game. 'I Don't Care' finished in last place and currently 'Side To Side' and 'Sometimes' are battling in a tiebreak. Have your say above!

Ariana's '&Music' documentary episode released

This week the much anticipated 'Sweetener World Tour' documentary dropped in the form of '&Music' episode 2. Get a 30 free day trial of Quibi to watch now!

'Greedy' gets the mash-up treatment with 'Break My Heart' and 'Say So'!

A mash-up of Ariana's 'Greedy' with Dua's 'Break My Heart' and Doja's 'Say So' is making waves on social media right now. See what all the fuss is about above!

Superior Side: My Everything edition

The next instalment of my 'Superior Side' series dropped this week with Ariana's sophomore album 'My Everything'! Let us know which set of tracks is stronger - either Side A or B of the vinyl - above! The single-heavy side A is winning right now but that could still change.

It was also announced this week that we bounced back in the AF Posters' Chart with 80 posts in 6th place! Brilliant!

+Quote this post
Jade
post 19th April 2020, 12:19 PM
Post #51
Group icon
Alone and wounded

Ariana Grande AF: newsletter #39

'Dangerous Woman' survivor continues with round 6!

The 'Dangerous Woman' survivor rounds have continued in the AF this week! We've just witnessed a shock result as 'Side To Side' has failed to crack the top 10. Currently three songs have more than 1 vote in round 6. Let your opinions be heard above!

Ariana takes part in The Disney Family Sing-a-long!

This week Ariana was a part of ABC's 'The Disney Family Singalong'! She tackled the Hercules number 'I Won’t Say I’m In Love'. Let us know what you thought of her version!

'Sometimes' appreciation thread

Multiple members of the forum were outraged when 'Sometimes' was knocked out early in the 'Dangerous Woman' survivor polls! As a result, Jay created an appreciation thread for the song. 'Sometimes' stans unite!

This week it was announced that we finished in 6th place in the AF Posters' Chart with 94 posts. A Great week!

+Quote this post
Jade
post 26th April 2020, 12:53 PM
Post #52
Group icon
Alone and wounded

Ariana Grande AF: newsletter #40

'Dangerous Woman' survivor reaches round 9

The 'Dangerous Woman' survivor rounds have continued this week! Round 8 saw the departure of 'Let Me Love You' featuring Lil Wayne. But what will be up for the chop in this current round? Have your say above by casting a vote for your least favourite 'Dangerous Woman' track remaining.

Gaga collaboration 'Rain on Me' officially confirmed

Lady Gaga's collaboration with Ariana 'Rain on Me' has been a terribly kept secret in recent times. We all knew it was coming. But it was still nice to have official confirmation this week just to be sure! The track list for Gaga's upcoming studio album 'Chromatica' was revealed to contain the track and snippets have even been leaking. Join in all of the hype surrounding 'Rain on Me' in the thread above as we wait for the full song to drop.

General discussion: impending online concert, win the chance to meet Ariana and Kids Choice Awards are going ahead virtually!

The general discussion thread was brimming with news this week! Firstly, Ariana announced that she will be part of an online concert alongside Jason Robert Brown and Shoshana Bean - that is taking place tomorrow. Then, she revealed that she will be part of the #allinchallenge whereby US and Canadian fans can win the chance to hang out with her in the studio and dine with her! Lastly, it was revealed that the Kids Choice Awards will be happening virtually this year. Victorious co-star Victoria Justice will be hosting the night and Ariana is involved in some way too - she features in the promo for the upcoming ceremony!

'no tears left to cry' turns 2 years old!

This week marked 2 years since Ariana unleashed 'no tears left to cry' on the world! Come and share your thoughts and memories above.

Finally, it was announced that we placed 10th with 88 posts in the AF Posters' Chart! Thanks guys for the continued support.

+Quote this post
Jade
post 3rd May 2020, 12:24 PM
Post #53
Group icon
Alone and wounded

Ariana Grande AF: newsletter #41

AF Idol 2.0 launches!

AF Idol is back for its second edition! This competition will see the Artist Forums battling it out for 16 rounds. The aim is to choose a song for each theme that we think will give us a good chance of progressing against other choices. Round 1 is 'Free Choice' - let us know above what you think we should go with!

Justin Bieber collaboration 'Stuck With U' announced

This week it was announced that Ari is teaming up with Justin Bieber to release a charity single! The song is called 'Stuck With U' and will be out on May 8th. Right now a clip of the instrumental is out there. How are you feeling about Ariana and Bieber coming together? Let us know in the thread above!

'Dangerous Woman' survivor reaches Round 12

We have now reached the quarter-final of the 'Dangerous Woman' survivor! The title track was the latest casualty - leaving 'Greedy', 'Into You', 'Thinking Bout You' and 'Touch It' as the remaining songs. Cast a vote for your least favourite of the bunch above!

New YouTube milestones!

Last night I decided to do a full YouTube update for the first time in a while. 'no tears left to cry' has passed 900 million views, 'thank u, next' has passed 500 million and 'Don't Call Me Angel' has climbed into her top 20 most viewed videos! Click the link to browse the updated stats in full.

General discussion: Virtual concert performance, Anniversaries, Moonlight Records appreciation and Kids Choice Awards win!

It's been another busy week in the general discussion thread. Firstly, Ariana gave an angelic live performance as part of Jason Robert Brown's virtual concert. Then, 'Problem' and 'Quit' experienced anniversaries - 6 and 3 years respectively. Next, there's been a bit of appreciation for the 'moonlight records' YouTube channel - they make remixes and alternative versions of Ariana songs. The 'sad version' of 'One Last Time' has particularly been applauded. Finally, it was announced that Ariana won a Kids Choice Award! She took the gong for 'Favourite Female Star', presented to her by Victoria Justice. She gave a speech via video link - where she even praised Spongebob.

It was also announced that we placed 6th in the AF Posters' Chart with a whopping 124 posts! Thank you everyone.

+Quote this post
Jade
post 10th May 2020, 12:54 PM
Post #54
Group icon
Alone and wounded

Ariana Grande AF: newsletter #42

Charity single 'Stuck With U' with Justin Bieber out now!

This week Ariana and Justin Bieber released the video for brand new charity single 'Stuck With U'! It features fans, celebrities and even a short cameo from Ari's new boyfriend. The collaboration has overthrown Vera Lynn to UK iTunes #1 and is also currently topping world-wide Spotify. Let us know your thoughts on the team-up!

RESULTS: Dangerous Woman Survivor

BuzzJack deemed 'Dangerous Woman' as Ariana's most popular album on the site. Following this, we decided to run a series of survivor polls for it. Now we've reached the end and have a winner! Not managed to catch it yet? Well, I shall not spoil, just click the link above!

Support Ariana in AF Idol

Battle of the Artist Forums contest AF Idol 2.0 is now underway! Ariana got through round 1 with the free choice of 'Side To Side' and now needs your help for round 2. We selected 'Dangerous Woman' for our choice of lead single. Please support her and other favourites!

'Into You' turns 4 years old

This week marks the four year anniversary of 'Into You'! Share your appreciation for the big fan favourite above.

Ariana Songsorter

Bored in lockdown? Well, how do you fancy deciding your ultimate favourite Ariana songs via a song sorting website? If so, then let us know your list above!

It was also announced that we placed 6th in the AF Posters' chart with an impressive 156 posts! Thanks so much everyone!

+Quote this post
Jade
post 17th May 2020, 12:11 PM
Post #55
Group icon
Alone and wounded

Ariana Grande AF: newsletter #43

More 'Rain On Me' details released!

This week Lady Gaga and Ariana have been sharing more details about 'Rain On Me' on social media! Firstly, we've had 100% confirmation that it will be coming on Friday 22nd May, so not too much longer to wait now. We've also been treated to the striking artwork above! Let us know how you're feeling about the impending superstar collaboration.

Support 'Break Free' in AF Idol!

Ariana has survived every round of AF Idol so far and is currently competing in round 4! The theme for this was 'free choice' so we thought it would be a good time to unleash 'Break Free' featuring Zedd. Please help Ariana to avoid the double elimination!

'Stuck with U' featuring Justin Bieber becomes Ariana's 16th UK top 10 hit!

This week it was announced that new Ariana and Bieber collab 'Stuck with U' charted at #4 in the UK! This is Ariana's 4th #4 hit and 16th UK top 10 hit overall. What do you think of 'Stuck with U'? Come and discuss the collaboration and its chart placings in the thread above!

Catch up on the 'Yours Truly' forum party

This week we trialled our first live forum party (thanks to Kylie and Spice Girls AFs for the inspiration) with a listening session of Ariana's debut album 'Yours Truly'. Thankfully it turned out to be a huge success! If you missed out then be sure to catch up on all the 'Yours Truly' discussion above.

Ariana revisits the topic of chart success

Ariana has taken to social media platforms to discuss chart success in light of fans pushing hard for 'Stuck with U' achieving the US #1. What do you think of Ariana's attitude towards chart hits? Discuss that and the race to US #1 above.

General discussion: Who Wants To Be A Millionaire? impact and Apple Music radio show!

This week a lot of discussion arose in the unlikely form of an Ariana 'Who Wants To Be A Millionaire?' question - after a contestant was stumped about which singer was behind the hits 'break up with your girlfriend, i'm bored' and '7 rings'. Elsewhere in the general discussion thread, Ariana took part in a 2 hour radio show with Zane Lowe on Apple Music, to discuss many topics - including a planned collaboration with Doja Cat!

Date for your diary - next Ariana AF album listening session!

It has been decided that our next live album listening session will be for Ariana's sophomore album 'My Everything' on Tuesday 19th May 2020 at 8:30pm BST! If you have any questions or requests for when future sessions should be then please leave any thoughts in the 'Ariana album listening sessions | General discussion' thread above. Here's to another strong turnout after the previous one was so much fun!

It was also announced that we finished 8th with 148 posts in the latest AF Posters' Chart! Thank you so much for the continued support.

+Quote this post
Jade
post 24th May 2020, 12:15 PM
Post #56
Group icon
Alone and wounded

Ariana Grande AF: newsletter #44

'Rain On Me' has arrived!

The day was finally here after months of whispers! Lady Gaga and Ariana Grande dropped their collaboration 'Rain On Me' on Friday. We got the song at 5am UK time and the video the same day, at a more sensible 6pm. The two dance the pain away and share an embrace in the video for the dance-pop single. Please let us know what you think of it!

Three years of Manchester

May 22nd was not only 'Rain On Me' day. It also marked 3 years since the Manchester attacks. Ariana acknowledged the anniversary on social media and we marked it with a banner on BuzzJack. The 22 lives lost that day will never be forgotten.

Please support Ariana in Round 6 of AF Idol

Ariana faced her biggest challenge yet in AF Idol when 'Beauty And The Beast' was chosen as our 'worst song' representation. Thankfully, we made it past that tough round. Now, in round 6, we have selected Dangerous Woman album track 'Bad Decisions' as our 'non-top 75 charting song' choice. Please support Ariana!

'Stuck With U' becomes Ariana's 3rd U.S. #1!

This week we found out that Ari and Bieber were triumphant in the U.S. as 'Stuck With U' hit the #1 spot! Congrats to them both as they now tie with Mariah and Drake for most #1 debuts - at 3 apiece. It was also announced that it spent a second week top 10 in the U.K. - at #8.

Updated sales figures

The Official Charts Company have provided us with the latest figures for 'Bang Bang' and 'Side To Side'! Click the link above to check them out.

Is 'the light is coming' underrated?

This week a poll popped up in the forum, asking if 'the light is coming' featuring Nicki Minaj is an underrated moment in Ariana's discography. So far the results are looking very mixed! Vote and let us know your opinion in the thread above.

4 years of 'Dangerous Woman'!

It has now been 4 years since Ariana's third studio album 'Dangerous Woman' was released! Feel free to let us know your highlights from it.

Forum Party #2: 'My Everything'

This week our second forum party took place! This was a live listening session of Ariana's sophomore album 'My Everything'. Catch up with all the chat above!

Ariana speaks up about 6ix9ine chart controversy

Ariana decided to weigh in on Twitter after 6ix9ine accused Billboard of rigging the chart against him. The drama even made it to BBC News!

It was also announced that that we finished in 3rd place in the AF Posters' Chart with a whopping 450 posts - an all-time high for us! Thanks so much everyone.

+Quote this post
Jade
post 31st May 2020, 12:45 PM
Post #57
Group icon
Alone and wounded

Ariana Grande AF: newsletter #45

Ariana (and Gaga!) achieves 6th UK #1 single!

On Friday it was announced that Ariana's collaboration with Lady Gaga - 'Rain On Me' - has topped the UK singles chart! Congratulations to both of the girls on their 6th UK #1 single each. Catch up with all 'Rain On Me' discussion above - from chart positions and general stats to Gaga and Ariana being weather girls over on YouTube!

Ariana UK Top 10 singles survivor kicks off!

We have decided to start a series of survivor polls to determine which of Ariana's UK top 10 singles is the best. This is to celebrate her expanding her tally to 17 UK top 10s this week. Impressive! 'needy', a #8 hit, has been kicked out first but round 2 voting is still open. Have your say above!

General discussion: 'Black Lives Matter', original version of 'The Way' and unfollowing spree

This week Ariana's social media has been a big topic of discussion. Firstly, she showed the world that she was attending a 'Black Lives Matter' related protest. She also engaged in an unfollow spree of several celebrities. Elsewhere, Jordin Sparks shared her original version of 'The Way' on instagram!

Andrew's Top 25 Ariana album tracks countdown begins

This week BuzzJack poster Andrew has kicked off a countdown of his favourite Ari album tracks! Come and catch up now ahead of the top 10.

Support Ariana in Round 8 of AF Idol

We decided to select 'breathin' as our Ariana choice for Round 8 of AF Idol - 'a song that closed an era'. Please support Ariana ASAP as there's only a few hours left to vote!

Rewatch Ariana in Hairspray!

Cameron kindly gave us the heads up about Ariana's stint in Hairspray being available online! The full show can be seen on YouTube for a limited amount of time.

Forum Party #3: Dangerous Woman

This week we collectively listened and commented on Ariana's third studio album 'Dangerous Woman'! It was a very fun experience - feel free to catch up above.

'Stuck With U' spends another week in the UK Top 10

This week Justin Bieber collaboration 'Stuck With U' hung around in the top 10 for a third week - at #10. This means Ariana book-ended the top 10!

It was also announced that we finished 3rd in the AF Posters' Chart with 444 posts! Incredible numbers, thanks so much everyone.

+Quote this post
Jade
post 7th June 2020, 12:38 PM
Post #58
Group icon
Alone and wounded

Ariana Grande AF: newsletter #46

Latest round of Ariana UK top 10 singles survivor

A brand new round of our latest survivor in the AF has opened this morning! 'imagine' was the last hit to depart in the previous round in 14th place. Vote in Round 5 above!

Rearrange: Sweetener

A criticism that Ariana's album 'Sweetener' often receives is that the track listing could be improved. So, let us know what your ideal 'Sweetener' track list would be above!

Ariana departs in AF Idol

Unfortunately Ariana's time in the AF Idol game has come to an end. She left as part of a double elimination along with Dua Lipa in Round 9 - where her choice was 'God is a woman'. Us mods had a rough plan in place for future rounds so we'll continue to let you know what we would've sent to the remaining ones.

Andrew's top 25 Ariana album tracks reaches the top 10!

Andrew has continued counting down his favourite album track moments from Ariana this week! Catch up above as we're only 2 songs into the top 10 so far.

3 years since One Love Manchester

Three years have now passed since the benefit concert One Love Manchester took place following the tragic bombings at an Ariana concert. Did you attend yourself? Did you watch the show on tv? Let us know what some of your favourite moments from it were.

Forum Party #4: Sweetener

This week we collectively listened to Ariana's fourth album 'Sweetener' and commented along. Catch up with the forum party above!

Ariana YouTube stats: June 2020 update

This week I provided a new update of Ariana's YouTube stats. There's been some movement and 'Stuck With U' has debuted on the list since last time!

As always we're discussing the latest about her collaborations 'Rain On Me' and 'Stuck With U' in their respective threads too.

This week we finished 2nd in the AF Posters' Chart with 586 posts - a new personal best!! Thanks so much everyone.

+Quote this post
JulianNial
post 9th June 2020, 01:24 PM
Post #59
Group icon
Julian Nial
User: 18,454

Hi from The Ari Mod Team! heart.gif

We'd be very happy to hear your opinion in our Survivor Tiebreaker.

It's Focus vs Don't Call Me Angel.

Please head on over! biggrin.gif
http://www.buzzjack.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=235187

+Quote this post
Jade
post 14th June 2020, 11:28 AM
Post #60
Group icon
Alone and wounded

Ariana Grande AF: newsletter #47

Round 8: Ariana UK Top 10 singles survivor

The latest UK top 10 survivor round was posted yesterday! We're now up to the top 10 as 'Bang Bang' was the latest single to be kicked out in 11th. Vote for your least favourite of those remaining above - there's only a few votes between two songs in the firing line at the moment.

Create your own Ariana Greatest Hits track list!

Ariana has amassed so many hits in just 7 years following her departure from Victorious. So there's a lot for us to pick from. Create your fantasy Greatest Hits track list for Ariana's career in the thread above! This hasn't been done in the AF before so it will be interesting to see everyone's versions for the first time.

Andrew's top 25 Ariana album tracks reaches the top 5

This week Andrew has continued the countdown of his favourite Ariana album tracks. Catch up now before it concludes, it's up to #4!

Final forum party - 'thank u, next'

Our final album listening party took place earlier in the week! This was for Ariana's latest studio album 'thank u, next'. Feel free to catch up on it and share your thoughts!

There's also been some bits of general discussion, more would-be AF Idol picks plus the latest 'Rain On Me' and 'Stuck With U' news.

It was announced that we finished 4th in the AF Posters' chart with 347 posts! Another amazing week!

+Quote this post

6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 25th April 2024, 10:24 AM