BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Mr. Turner, Director: Mike Leigh | Timothy Spall
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Insomnio
post Mar 17 2015, 12:46 AM
Post #1
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 10,742
"Mr. Turner" is the latest film of the recognized worldwide director / screenwriter Mike Leigh. "Mr. Turner" was originally screened at the 2014 Cannes Film Festival which competed for the "Golden Palm". Although it did not win the biggest prize of the festival, the leading star Timothy Spall won the award for "Best Actor" and cinematographer Dick Pope won the Vulcan Award that is given for best cinematography. In addition, it was nominated for four Baftas, including "Best Cinematography", "Best Production Design", "Best Costume Design" and "Best Makeup & Hair" and proposed by the Academy Awards for "Best Cinematography", "Best Costume Design", "Best Original Score "and "Best Production Design ". The only thing that worried me about this film was that it was too long, 2 ½ hours, but finally it was not as boring as I expected.
The film is based on the life of British painter William Turner during the last 23 years, 1828-1851. William Turner was a Romantic landscape painter and his style is said to have set the foundation for Impressionism. Do not expect to see something extraordinary regarding the script of the film. William Turner was a very peculiar character, who did not recognize his own children and struggled to enter into long-term relationships. However, his contribution is very important in the art world and Mike Leigh mainly focused on it. I would like to note that the film has the best photography and best cinematography in recent years! Each scene gave you the impression that it could be a painting and the exterior shots of the movie were totally fantastic. Mike Leigh did an excellent job and I wonder why they didn't nominate him for the "Best Director" at the Academy Awards. "Mr. Turner" is one of those films that immediately capture the viewers' eyes with this visual masterpiece! Also, it had a well-written script, gorgeous scenery, amazing costumes and remarkable soundtrack. The interpretation of starring Timothy Spall was among the best of last year and there were many who pointed his absence from the Oscars. He was amazing in his role although he looked like a caricature. Nevertheless, the film had a slow and steady pace and perhaps this tired some viewers. Personally, I was yawning in some parts although I liked it quite a lot.
"Mr. Tuner" was definitely one of the best productions of last year and therefore excelled at many festivals. It received very good reviews after connoisseurs of world cinema wrote the best comments about its content. While many viewers may not know about the contribution and work of this man in the art world, this film gives you the opportunity to know him through the eyes of director Mike Leigh. I'm sure the fans of his paintings will be enchanted by the specific movie!

Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Frank!
post Mar 19 2015, 08:41 PM
Post #2
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 761
I saw this in December and loved it. It's a great film about a fantastic artist. The cinematography was outstanding and don't get met started on Timothy Spall. He really should have gotten the Academy Award nomination.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 12:07 AM