BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> PREDICTA: 'Fast & Furious 7', Next major release on 3rd April.
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
What do you think F&F7 will open with, across the weekend?
You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Total Votes: 7
Guests cannot vote 
Tafty³³³
post Mar 13 2015, 02:46 AM
Post #1
I found the love, I found the love in me
Group: Genre Mod
Member No.: 5,042

On the weekend of 3rd April, we will see the release of the 7th 'Fast & Furious' movie. It's such a unique franchise in the fact that it seems to be getting more and more popular and the films actually getting BETTER as they go along.

I found this article though...

Analyst are predicting that Furious 7 will set a franchise record in its opening weekend. They believe the film could open between $110 million and $115 million in North America, reports The Hollywood Reporter.

Even if the film hits the low end of expectations it will be the best opening weekend for any film in Universal's popular street-racing series. The current champ in the franchise is 2013 Fast & Furious 6, which debuted with 97.4M in its opening weekend. It went on to gross a total of $788.7 million worldwide.

Also of note, Furious 7 will more than likely become the record-holder for the best April opening weekend, which currently belongs to last year's Captain America: The Winter Soldier, which raked in $95M.

Will you see it opening weekend? Let us know in the comment section below.
Very interesting. I think it will break the $100m barrier.

When it comes to the UK though, 'Fast 6' did a mighty impressive £8.7m on opening weekend. Do we think, with the hype that's surrounding this film (Paul Walker's death mixed in with the fact that the franchise is growing and growing) is going to get it to break the £10m barrier?

PREDICT AWAY. biggrin.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Tafty³³³
post Mar 13 2015, 02:49 AM
Post #2
I found the love, I found the love in me
Group: Genre Mod
Member No.: 5,042

I'm gonna guess:

US: $108m+
UK: £11m-ish.

Probably way over estimating it for the UK, but it's gonna debut with more than 'Fast & Furious 6' did. That's for sure, but whether it'll hold up as well? I dunno...

+Quote Post
J❄️hq
post Mar 17 2015, 04:26 PM
Post #3
my anxiety attacks
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 8,674

This is one franchise that I have absolutely ZERO interest in seeing but I do feel the buzz and the fact it's already been taking bookings for a while and Paul Walker's death did feel pretty big even though I wasn't really aware of who he was.

Since it's apparently getting bigger I'll say it inches up a little in the UK to around the £9.5m mark and $105m in the US but I could be underestimating.

+Quote Post
Rooney
post Mar 17 2015, 06:29 PM
Post #4
WINTER IS COMING
Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 88

I honestly cannot wait, SO excited. Best popcorn flicks you can see.

I'm not good on box office predictions, but it's turned in to a massive franchise, and there will undoubtedly be lots of interest/mention of Paul Walker's death, which you would expect would rake up the general interest. I think it will be big.

Early reviews are good too, which will help.

+Quote Post
T83:Y96
post Mar 18 2015, 07:15 PM
Post #5
My mother said, to get things done, you better not mess with Maj
Group: Members
Member No.: 21,319
   No Gallery Pics

US: $117.3 million
UK: £10.6 million

+Quote Post
Rooney
post Mar 18 2015, 10:09 PM
Post #6
WINTER IS COMING
Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 88

On a side note has anybody listened to the soundtrack? The reviews all state you'll be bawling your eyes out when the Wiz Khalifa track comes on, and I now I know why. I think I will be adding the film to my very short list of films I've cried at.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 12:20 AM