BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Teen Wolf: The Character Rate - The Results, don't forget me... // SPOILERS PRESENT
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Cody Scobell
post Mar 17 2017, 03:59 AM
Post #21
Cause if looks could kill, we wouldn’t want to be Dan Humphrey
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 21,308
   No Gallery Pics

Yes this is #24 because Joseph flopped at the numbering
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
JosephBoone
post Mar 17 2017, 01:55 PM
Post #22
you never forget your first time...
Group: Admin.
Member No.: 13,530

QUOTE(Cody Slayberry @ Mar 17 2017, 03:59 AM) *
Yes this is #24 because Joseph flopped at the numbering

ph34r.gif

I have conflicted feelings on Kira, I think you summed it up quite nicely in your post Cody in saying that her potential never felt totally realised, particularly in season 5 where she was basically an afterthought and was absent for what felt like half the episodes. I never totally invested in Scott & Kira as much as I did Scott & Allison which probably didn't help matters but nevertheless Kira was generally pretty likeable. It's quite sad to watch her goodbye video actually, because it's clear she didn't want to leave.

Interestingly she was the only character to get a -1 in the rate, from Yu ohmy.gif

+Quote Post
Iz 🌟
post Mar 17 2017, 08:13 PM
Post #23
I'm a paragon so don't perceive me
Member No.: 12,929
   No Gallery Pics

Yu?!

See, I didn't watch Seasons 4 or 5 so if that's how Kira's character ended up then that's a real shame. I was tailing off my interest in the show by the time she arrived and she and her family really brought it back to me for a short while, I wasn't then fully Japanese-obsessed like I am now but I was definitely interested in the sort of folklore that her powers were based off of and she was just really kind of cool. Helped me get over the loss of Allison a lot. And Arden IS very cute.

+Quote Post
Cody Scobell
post Mar 17 2017, 08:27 PM
Post #24
   No Gallery Pics

Also the only time Kira was relevant to the Theo plot was when she sent him to the hole

Aaaaand maybe the Eichen raid but even then Josh & Corey stole the spotlight sad.gif

+Quote Post
JosephBoone
post Mar 21 2017, 01:55 PM
Post #25

23 Kate Argent

Average: 6.30
Actor: Jill Wagner

Kate Argent was introduced in season 1 as Allison's aunt and Chris' sister. She's a werewolf hunter just like her brother, and in her first episode, she almost kills Derek with a magic bullet. She's very close to Allison, who describes her as being like a sister, although over the season it becomes more apparent that there's more than meets the eye with Kate. She's later revealed as the one who set the Hale household on fire, killing Derek's family and leaving Peter badly burned and comatose for six years. Chris disapproves of this as she didn't follow the "code" and holds a gun to her when she threatens to kill Scott. Peter later slashes her throat and apparently kills her.

She's revealed to have survived this attack in the season 3B finale, kidnapping Derek. She had transformed into a werejaguar as a result of Peter's claws scratching her, and this was witnessed by the Calavera hunters who went to see if she was really dead. They commanded that she kill herself to follow the hunters' code, but instead she faked her suicide and escaped. She's later drawn to La Iglesia and gains control of two Berserkers.

Kate uses her sexuality to get what she wants, as shown when we learn that she seduced Derek when he was younger in order to track down his family and kill them. In the season 4 premiere, it's revealed that she regressed him back to his age when she was in love with him. Kate makes a deal with Peter, who offers her control over her shapeshifting, and she accepts. She later kidnapped Scott and Kira, and transformed Scott into a Berserker so that he could fight and kill his friends. Her and Peter's plan falls through eventually and she escapes in the season 4 finale after a showdown with Derek and Chris among others.

+Quote Post
JosephBoone
post Mar 29 2017, 05:40 PM
Post #26

22 Braeden

Average: 6.75
Actor: Meagan Tandy

Apologies for the slow pace here guys! Let's pick it up from here on in ~

Braeden is a mercenery, hired by people to do dangerous jobs for the right price, regardless of who for or how moral the act is. She first appeared in the season 3 premiere, rescuing Isaac from Ethan and Aiden on her motorbike. We see her again looking for Scott in the school, but when the twins spot her, she leaves a bruise on Lydia and Allison's arms. Deucalion later tracks her down and slashes her throat. The bruise mark was later revealed to be the Beacon Hills First National Bank logo, where Boyd and Cora were being kept by the alpha pack. I know I certainly presumed Braeden was dead after that brutal attack from Deucalion in the premiere but it's later revealed that she survived, with severe scars across her neck, and she saves Derek and Peter form the Calavera hunters, revealing she was hired by Deucalion to do this.

She was employed by the Calaveras to track down and capture Kate Argent, and she was asked to guide Scott's pack in their mission to track down Derek. Later on, Derek hires her to track down Kate also, so he can find out what she did to him to turn his eye colour back to gold instead of blue. The two of them develop an attraction to one another, which they claim is "protecting their investment". She teaches Derek how to fight, and they save Scott's pack from an attack at the school bonfire. In the season 4 finale, she's seen fighting Kate and a Berserker.

Throughout season 5, Braeden is mainly linked to the Desert Wolf plot. She keeps Scott and his pack up to date on any information she finds out, and later saves Malia from a Chimera upon her return to Beacon Hills. In season 5B, they learn that the Desert Wolf has taken Deaton as her hostage, and they both go to rescue him alongside Theo, who Braeden doesn't trust. She protects Malia during another stand-off with the Desert Wolf on the full moon, although she's wounded.

Unfortunately we won't be seeing a return for Braeden in season 6B after the dates haven't worked out. Her tweets:

Meagan Tandy ✔ @meagantandy
Looks like it won't be happening . They asked for me, I said HELL YES but at the end of the day ....it didn't work out. Sorry guys ��

Meagan Tandy ✔ @meagantandy
I'm seriously so bummed. The story and the return was apparently so so badass buuuuut it just didn't work. It wasn't my choice �� ily✌

Cody is up next with #21 biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
HarryBorelli
post Apr 8 2017, 02:08 PM
Post #27
The Lady Said Go Home!
Member No.: 20,835

Kate is kind of bad ass in season 1 iirc but not a huge loss

+Quote Post
Cody Scobell
post Apr 21 2017, 04:57 PM
Post #28
   No Gallery Pics

Thank GOD Teams is over so now I can finally work on this

-

I'm not pissed off, Liam. I'm vengeful.

21.) Hayden Romero
Average: 7.17
Actor: Victoria Moroles

First off, a HUGE congratulations to Victoria Moroles for breaking out of the Disney Channel Recurring Role Limbo and making a name for herself with this show and now an upcoming movie! In fact, she's one of two Liv & Maddie stars to appear on Teen Wolf, the other one being Jordan Fisher playing another nameless chimera.

Only two words can sum up her character here: wasted potential. I love seeing strong female characters and I thought Hayden was going to be just that once they gave her a non-Liam storyline, but that arc hastily wrapped up and she became surgically attached to Liam's lips for the rest of her appearances. (Until the 6A finale but still) Let's take a more in-depth look:

After her role as Andie in the popular DC show, she broke out here as Liam's "rival" Hayden, where she asserts herself as independent and a take-no-prisoners kind of gal, and when she and Liam end up in the same class, she tortures him by putting gum in his chair, like something straight out of Mean Girls. She plays soccer (or football because almost everyone here is from the UK), she works to save up for her sister's medicine, y'know, the usual teen drama stuff. And all is fine and dandy until she finds out that she's a chimera. So you think she'll end up using that newfound power for good while Cody Christian is out here seducing my eyes? Nope, she starts freaking out and Liam offers to help her. And that's how they become surgically attached by the lips. And she thinks she's gonna be fine with Liam.

Although she's had a few funny moments during her tenure in the series (her punching Liam was the BEST), it seems a little weird to have such a strong character devolve into nothing more than a love interest. I get it, she gave us shirtless Dylan Sprayberry (which we'll get to see more in 6B hopefully GOD LET THIS HAPPEN), but if most of your character appearances is going to be full of "I believe in you, Liam" or "I love you, Liam" or god forbid 30 minutes of endless smooching, it's no wonder you've missed the top 20 in this rate. I mean, don't get me wrong, I love Layden and I think it would have been grounds to support a next gen spin-off a la Degrassi, but it's gotten to the point where most of us are like Cody Christian in the background.

Jesus Christ, TW writers, give her another useful story arc.

+Quote Post
JosephBoone
post Apr 21 2017, 05:31 PM
Post #29

I quite like Hayden although I agree that there's wasted potential there, I guess they don't see her as a priority quite as much seeing as she's not in the main cast (although I'd like to see her bumped up for 6B alongside Khylin Rhambo)

+Quote Post
Cody Scobell
post Apr 21 2017, 05:36 PM
Post #30
   No Gallery Pics

tbh i should have suggested that the seeing double app talk to selena gomez because victoria looks like a baby selena

+Quote Post
JosephBoone
post Apr 24 2017, 12:21 AM
Post #31

laugh.gif that was my very first thought upon seeing her :') not a bad thing though heart.gif

Next result coming up in a sec!

+Quote Post
JosephBoone
post Apr 24 2017, 12:37 AM
Post #32

20 Danny Mahealani

Average: 7.25
Actor: Keahu Kahuanui

Into the top 20 we go! Next up is Danny, who's introduced to us in season 1 as Jackson's best friend, and one of Scott's classmates. He's also on the lacrosse team, although he's oblivious to the supernatural goings-on at Beacon Hills for the majority of the time. He assists Jackson in retrieving the lost footage of the night of the full moon, although is unaware of the true reasoning behind this. He's paralysed by the kanima in a gay nightclub, and the footage he recovered is lost.

He starts dating Ethan in series 3, unaware that this was initially just a ploy from Ethan and the Alpha Pack to get closer to Scott. Danny's poisoned with mistletoe by the Darach later in the season, and Melissa saves his life. This however proves vital for figuring out what the Darach is, as Danny was completing a project on telluric currents, which were placed at the locations the Darach sacrificed her victims. In season 3B, when Ethan returns after re-enrolling at the school, Danny is seen kissing Damon, his ex. They rekindle their feelings but Ethan breaks up with Danny in the 3B finale before departing, when Danny states that he knew he was a werewolf all along. Danny departs Beacon Hills off-screen between seasons 3 and 4.

+Quote Post
JosephBoone
post Apr 26 2017, 12:00 PM
Post #33

19 Dr Alan Deaton

Average: 7.50 (no 10s)
Actor: Seth Gilliam

Now for everyone's favourite veterinarian! Dr Alan Deaton is introduced to us in the first episode of Teen Wolf as Scott's boss, but it's not known at that point how vital a role he'll play going forward. Sheriff Stilkinski asks him for help with the supposed animal attacks in Beacon Hills in season 1, but it's implied that Deaton knows more than he's letting on. His calm nature is displayed towards the end of season 1 when Peter Hale arrives at the clinic for Scott. Deaton calmly tells him that the clinic is closed, and Peter realises there is mountain ash in the barrier. In season 2, we learn that Ms Morrell is his sister, and that he helps Scott to prepare the mountain ash laced pills for Gerard.

Deaton becomes a mentor figure for Scott and his friends, assisting where he can. He helps Stiles figure out the Darach mystery, and it's revealed that he is a druid emissary himself, having previously helped out Deucalion and his pack. Deaton comforts Scott after Allison's death, telling him about "regression to the mean", where things may be very good or very bad, but will always return back to the middle after a while. In season 5, Deaton was kidnapped by the Desert Wolf but was rescued by Malia and Braeden.

Cody's up next again magic.gif

+Quote Post
Cody Scobell
post May 19 2017, 04:41 PM
Post #34
   No Gallery Pics

hype

f*ck midterms

+Quote Post
JosephBoone
post May 19 2017, 04:47 PM
Post #35

STAN HER

+Quote Post
Cody Scobell
post May 24 2017, 02:19 AM
Post #36
   No Gallery Pics

cry.gif cry.gif cry.gif

+Quote Post
Cody Scobell
post May 24 2017, 02:21 AM
Post #37
   No Gallery Pics

Where are you getting your juice?

18.) Jackson Whittemore
Average: 7.50
Actor: Colton Haynes

"He's so beautiful, and his ass! wub.gif wub.gif" - Britney Spears

If there is anyone who can challenge Hoechlin & Cody for the "can they be any different from their character?" award, it's Colton. Quite a contrast from the out and proud ray of sunshine Colton is, Jackson is the brooding and arrogant alpha male of Beacon Hills high. At least for seasons 1 and 2 until Cody went and snatched his weave for season 5. He's had multiple interactions with the pack even before he was aware of the supernatural world (and we'll get to that later). But underneath the piercing eyes and the numerous amounts of fan service (Jeff Leatham you lucky SOB), Jackson turns out to be pretty damaged, and this is where his dissertation starts.

Jackson, welcome to your tape.

So how does the typical scorned prince trope get Wolf-i-fied? Well, the first thing you need to know about Jackson is that he's adopted, and his parents died in a car accident while his mother was pregnant with him. Yep, this sounds like the Mary Sue backgrounds I see whenever I look at original character apps in FanFiction. I mean, we don't even know when his Gotcha Day is. Since learning he was adopted, he became this overachiever type of person, covering his angst and anguish with snarky comments and basically a douchebag attitude, hence one-liners such as:

• "You know what sounds more fun? Stabbing myself in the face with this fork."
• "No, I wasn't trying to be funny. I would have put a "ha ha" at the end of it. And, see, there's no "ha ha.""
• "FYI, I'm everyone's type."
• "Me? I drive a Porsche."
• "Screw you. You know what? Screw you too. In fact, screw each other."

and the most iconic one:

Of course, he gets thrust into the supernatural world (albeit unexpectedly, after Scott and Stiles trap him, Allison & Lydia in the school in an attempt to capture Peter in jumbo alpha form. (Stiles punching Jackson will forever remain iconic) But his curiosities began during the premiere, a while after Scott finds out about his newfound werewolf powers. All that for wanting to be the star lacrosse player again. Of course Jackson eventually finds out and he threatens to expose him in front of Allison, but Derek wouldn't have it. Eventually we see the OG cast defeat Alpha Form Peter in some kind of weird RPG kind of way, and Derek becomes the alpha. But Jackson has his own priorities - he wants to become a werewolf. Once again, anything to become the top dog (no pun intended) of Beacon Hills again.

...unfortunately it backfires on him and he instead becomes a Kanima. What is a Kanima, you ask? If a human receives the bite but has suffered from psychological/emotional/mental chips on his shoulder, they turn into a Kanima instead, like how fiends from Final Fantasy are created from spirits not sent to rest in peace. He, as the Kanima, ends up killing a bunch of people (see: Isaac's dad), and paralyzingly a bunch more. However, the most interesting thing about his arc as the Kanima is that it makes sense if you read the Argent bestiary entry on it

“Like the wolf, its power is greatest at the moon’s peak. Like the wolf, the kanima is a social creature but where the wolf seeks a pack the kanima seeks a master.”

HOLY MAMA! Now we have a new big bad! This goes into play that Season 2 was a season of red herrings. There were so many people prepped to be the big bad of the season: Derek, with his ever growing pack of misfits (which includes Isaac wub.gif wub.gif), then Kanima Jackson, and now his master. During the course of a couple episodes, Matt was his master, hellbent on revenge against the Beacon Hills swim team (yay, more connections to Isaac), and after Gerard kills him, he usurps the title of Kanima Master.

We also see that Jackson has a bit of a conscience and he slashes his chest mid-transformation. A lot of people thought he was dead. COME ON, EVERYBODY. The pre-Void Stiles era of Teen Wolf is pretty much Big Brother, and you all know what Julie Chen says:

Turns out Kanima Jackson slashed his chest to put him into stasis while he evolves into an even stronger Kanima, with wings and everything. With Gerard still in command, it becomes a giant team up between the hunters and the werewolves to take down the head and free Jackson, which happens for a short time ("MOUNTAIN ASH!!!!!!!!") but Derek and Peter kill him again before any more funny business happens. Instead, he becomes an Omega, tied to no pack. But you know what, that's okay because he DIED TWICE IN THE SAME EPISODE. Thank Jesus for Lydia's humanity.

Jackson moves to England in the beginning of Season 3 but not without some tips from Derek on how to keep his werewolf identity under wraps until he can fully control it. An American Werewolf in London? That's a good half of Buzzjack signed up.

Much of Jackson's strengths come from his interactions with the male characters rather than his borderline abusive relationship with Lydia. I mean, he basically bullied Scott and Stiles all throughout Season 1 and they ended up saving his life the next season. Plus he was the main cause of some of the most iconic Sterek moments. Can we show that pool scene again?

Expectations: In the event that Jackson comes back, I begin to wonder if it's not out of the picture to make him canonically gay as Colton is. Maybe make him engaged. OH THE REJOICING FROM THE FANDOM. Either way this newfound reality will hopefully spark a change in his character, probably him being thankful to the McCall pack for saving his life.

tl;dr Jackson was a douche in season 1 and didn't really win people over with his cold personality, but GOD DAMN IT HE IS SEASON 2.

+Quote Post
JosephBoone
post May 28 2017, 11:55 PM
Post #38

Jackson was the perfect "love to hate" character in season 1, but he was much more developed than those characters typically are. The backstory of his adoption explains his behaviour perfectly and I love those touches. The season 2 arc is my favourite of them all so I hold Jackson is quite high regard for that, the kanima plot was fantastic. His relationship with Lydia was best left in the past really but it was good to see that he didn't die in the end! Would definitely like to see him return in 6B (can he drag Isaac back with him ffs)

+Quote Post
Cody Scobell
post May 29 2017, 12:06 AM
Post #39
   No Gallery Pics

If Jackson is dragging anyone back it has to be Danny #MakeJannyReal

+Quote Post
Cody Scobell
post Jun 20 2017, 03:15 PM
Post #40
   No Gallery Pics

OH MY GOD HOW DID I FORGET THIS QUOTE

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 08:57 PM