BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> The Bold Type, New Freeform series | Begins Tuesday
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Cowboy Cody
post Jul 10 2017, 04:25 AM
Post #1
Group icon
new hair, new tee, new Levii’s Jeans
User: 21,308

Putting together a magazine is not an easy task, requiring a lot of teamwork to finish the job and get the publication on newsstand shelves. That's why the staffers responsible for producing global women's magazine Scarlet lean on one another as they try to find their own voices. While working together to publish each issue of the periodical, they struggle to find their identities, manage friendships and find love. The drama series is inspired by the life of longtime magazine editor and executive Joanna Coles, who serves as an executive producer.
From the focus on women supporting other women to the ongoing battle for substantive content in journalism, this shows a lot of promise.

Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Linds.
post Jul 30 2017, 03:26 AM
Post #2
Group icon
laugh 'til we cry
Pronouns: she/her
User: 21,176
THIS IS MY NEW FAVOURITE THING

I've been seeing a lot of stuff about this on Tumblr recently and really wanted to check it out because of how it's based around women and them making their mark etc and there's great representation amongst the characters *.* I loved Katie Stevens in Faking It too so I knew this would be up my street. The magazine set up gives me Ugly Betty vibes but this is totally in an element of its own, it's just really cute, and funny and the story lines and characters are great, the focus on political themes that intertwine is so clever and incredibly relevant today. There's only a handful of episodes out but I can already tell this is going to pick up a lot more attention, and so it should!

Also I LOVE Kat so so much, she's by far my favourite character. This is bisexual rep done right tbh, her and Adena are adorable and ugggh it's just great wub.gif

+Quote this post
Linds.
post Aug 2 2017, 11:25 AM
Post #3
Group icon
laugh 'til we cry
I won't rest until everyone watches this.

This week's episode killed me

+Quote this post
Linds.
post Apr 10 2019, 04:55 PM
Post #4
Group icon
laugh 'til we cry
OMG IT'S BACK

there's 3 episodes!!! they're all so good, i just about cried over the gay prom with sasha velour cry.gif

i hope more of you start watching this as i feel like everyone is sleeping on it but its so so good

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 01:31 AM