BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Artist News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Quantity
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Andrew.
post Apr 15 2020, 01:32 AM
Post #1
Group icon
is in hibernation
User: 21,161
As much as I adore her, it's pretty clear that Rih doesn't really have as much time for making music as she used to when she came out with a new album every year from 2005-12 bar one. (The commitment clap.gif) Not that she SHOULD go back to that as that's obvs exhausting for anyone.

Like she's Rihanna, I mean she should never sing a f***ing note again and her place as a legend would still be cemented, but the thought of THIS every time does frighten me a bit mellow.gif She's obviously doing things at her own pace these days and that's fine as I said after back to back music and touring for most of a decade I'm not surprised she needed a break from it and wanted to do other things. I do, selfishly, hope this album whenever it comes gets a fabulous reception and maybe entices her to do more music?

Maybe I'm wrong and she's made just as much music as usual and we're getting five albums this year, who knows laugh.gif

Will Rih ever go back into the regular popstar cycle of a new project every >2 years or are 4+ year gaps what we need to expect from now on?
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Jordanlee
post Apr 15 2020, 10:30 PM
Post #2
Group icon
Jord
User: 27,116
Interesting post there!

I’m thinking that it’s probably fairly likely longer gaps will be the new norm in terms of new Rihanna music.

We really took it for granted at time she was releasing so much at once! However I tend to now think the albums she’s been the most involved in have been the ones where the gap between releases was larger.

Rated R for example come in 09 and 08 was the only year we didn’t get a new Rihanna album from 2005-12. Then we have ANTI which had years spent on it and ended up being a big critical success and a huge US success too.

I miss pop star Rihanna but what worries me is that we may get an album then get not much from it in terms of promotion / tours / music videos etc. Like when we get that new album / music I really hope everything else take a back seat and the music becomes her focus again. But I do think longer waits will be the new norm for Rih. (There’s rumours that she’s been recording two albums for a while now but I’d take those with a pinch of salt tbh)

I think for now Rihanna has had extreme commercial success so maybe she’s more bothered about putting out music she liked and also wants involvement in so she’s aiming to be more of a critics artist at this stage in her career rather than chasing hits.

Rihanna’s release cycle is sort of reminding me of Arianas tbh. There’ll be a time when she’ll take a large gap between releasing albums during this decade.

+Quote this post
Gerald
post Apr 16 2020, 01:43 PM
Post #3
Group icon
Why don’t you say so?
User: 9,721
I feel like Rih is bigger than your average popstar now, she's a mogul in different industries (music, fashion, makeup) so obviously she will put music when she's ready. But I think the long gaps will be norm for Rih going forward in terms of music. In a recent interview with British Vogue, she said one of her priorities this decade is to become a mother so I think when the time comes she will take a big break from music.

+Quote this post
Jordanlee
post Apr 17 2020, 06:23 AM
Post #4
Group icon
Jord
User: 27,116
R9 may well be our final Rihanna album as a non parent!

That’s why I hope when the album comes we get everything. From music videos to large scale promo like live performances, interviews, singles etc. Something like the promo she did for Loud in terms of the UK!

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 09:08 PM