BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Michael Calfan - Treasured Soul, Spinnin' Records ~ follow-up to 'Prelude' ~ 19/04/15
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
danG
post 8th December 2014, 08:05 PM
Post #1
Group icon
🔥🚀🔥
User: 11,746

Michael Calfan - Treasured Soul [House]

QUOTE(http://www.beatport.com/release/treasured-soul/1420265)
Really big release right here by master producer Michael Calfan! 'Treasured Soul' is a major musical effort boasting incredible piano licks, chopped and screwed vocal work and African chants combined with that unmistakable Calfan production signature. It doesn't get any bigger than this!

QUOTE(https://soundcloud.com/spinninrecords/michael-calfan-treasured-soul-original-mix)
Michael Calfan - Treasured Soul is out now on Beatport! Full Beatport proceeds will be donated to support the fight against Ebola. Get your copy here: found.ee/treasuredsoul

The Treasured Soul Project
While feedback from dance floors and airwaves increased, ‘Treasured Soul’ gained momentum, resulting in a campaign lovingly called ‘The Treasured Soul Project’. Going to Michael Calfan’s website the audience can sign up itself and their loved ones, giving them the chance to win special goodie packages from Michael Calfan and Spinnin’ Records. Being able to literally share your love with a treasured soul, the track has grown a life beyond the music, touching hearts all over the world.

In the wake of this moment Michael Calfan also decided to donate all proceedings from Treasured Soul to a good cause. With ebola threatening so many lives at the moment, the French producer agreed with Spinnin’ Records to make the fight against this disease the key priority surrounding the release of Treasured Soul.

And so, here it is. A highly anticipated track, one of the most striking dance records of 2014, spreading the love on multiple levels. How about that for a holiday spirit? Michael Calfan makes sure it’s all good this year.

Well this is amazing. You may've heard his 'Prelude' and this one continues in the same style, sounding very fresh, wouldn't surprise me if this style of house was one of the next to blow up alongside the Kygo sound.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
k👠th
post 8th December 2014, 09:47 PM
Post #2
Group icon
baddest of them all
User: 6,764

It's almost as if it's sampling or at least slightly adjusting 'Prelude' with that piano melody and synth intro outro structure. Tho still very good nonetheless. Holding onto some hope that 'Prelude' will be properly pushed in the new year!

+Quote this post
Math!
post 8th December 2014, 10:33 PM
Post #3
Group icon
(✿◠‿◠)
Pronouns: new york
User: 19,852

Not quite up to the level of d'Prelude' for me but still a very strong effort from him! I'm hoping to see more variety in the future but for now this formula is still fresh for me.

+Quote this post
k👠th
post 14th December 2014, 07:15 PM
Post #4
Group icon
baddest of them all

THIS HAS HIT ME

And in addition full-blown in love with 'Prelude' all over again, this formula of his just works SO WELL

+Quote this post
SLlewellyn
post 15th December 2014, 03:32 PM
Post #5
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 13,126

It's not the same sounding Michael Calfan we had on the remixes of "Turn Me On" and "She Wolf" by David Guetta (loved those), but "Prelude" and "Treasured Soul" are very much at the forefront of this 'Tropical House' wave I hope becomes popular in 2015. We've been introduced to it a bit with "Bullit", "Changes" and "Jubel" - so I think this track could be big if promoted.

+Quote this post
Math!
post 15th December 2014, 04:02 PM
Post #6
Group icon
(✿◠‿◠)
Pronouns: new york
User: 19,852

QUOTE(Kath ♡ @ Dec 14 2014, 02:15 PM) *
THIS HAS HIT ME

And in addition full-blown in love with 'Prelude' all over again, this formula of his just works SO WELL

WAIT ME TOO
Definitely feeling this more now dance.gif

+Quote this post
Ethan
post 15th December 2014, 04:46 PM
Post #7
Group icon
3:23
User: 5,269

Awesome track for a great cause~ heart.gif

+Quote this post
brefardan
post 23rd February 2015, 10:47 PM
Post #8
Group icon
New Entry
User: 21,157

Listed on iTunes with an expected release date of 19th April 2015. Fingers crossed it can make an impact on the chart!

+Quote this post
danG
post 24th February 2015, 05:44 PM
Post #9
Group icon
🔥🚀🔥

so this is finally happening? biggrin.gif

would love to hear it on daytime radio 1 and in the charts!

+Quote this post
Ethan
post 24th February 2015, 06:57 PM
Post #10
Group icon
3:23
User: 5,269

This needs to smash it HARD! wub.gif

+Quote this post
Cowboy Cody
post 20th April 2015, 04:23 AM
Post #11
Group icon
new hair, new tee, new Levii’s Jeans
User: 21,308

I just realized this samples "Rolling In The Deep" lol

Adele her dance impakt *.*

+Quote this post
k👠th
post 20th April 2015, 07:53 AM
Post #12
Group icon
baddest of them all

Thrilled to see this doing well for him, hopefully a nice sized hit in the end so 'Prelude' can get the push it deserved

Also interesting to see how this is getting support from some members who snubbed 'Prelude' in BJSC when they are essentially the same song formula (and 'Prelude' is MILES better)

+Quote this post
danG
post 20th April 2015, 06:12 PM
Post #13
Group icon
🔥🚀🔥

'Prelude' has been removed from iTunes and Spotify, so it's probably going to be the next one they push from him.

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 25th April 2024, 11:25 AM