BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
43 Pages V  « < 14 15 16 17 18 > »   
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Australian Reality TV
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Aaron.
post Feb 7 2018, 11:54 AM
Post #301
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 3,245
Oh believe me, I know all about how they set shows like MKR up.
I wouldn't put Masterchef (at least AU) on that list. I don't think we've ever seen any drama there.
The Block's Drama seems a little more natural. MKR is just odd on how it focus' so heavily on the drama.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Liаm
post Feb 12 2018, 03:06 PM
Post #302
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
User: 10,139
Vicky Pattison has entered I'm A Celeb so that's that ramped up *.* Also Paul Burrell unfortunately :/

+Quote this post
Klaus
post Feb 12 2018, 06:36 PM
Post #303
Group icon
❤️❤️➕🟦
User: 17,160
oh ffs, how long can you drag out being a butler to a royal?? When will he disappear???

not that im watching but im just sick of the leech laugh.gif

+Quote this post
Liаm
post Feb 13 2018, 01:24 PM
Post #304
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
Legit laugh.gif I always hate when they sign anyone to a show like this saying that they'll spill the secrets of x or y... Having said that he wasted no time in harping on about the royals, but it's not like some random reality show is going to get the exclusive truth behind Diana's death or the Queen's most intimate secrets. I am going to HOWL if Jackie does a reading and channel Princess Diana but I don't think she'd be that disrespectful laugh.gif

Vicky is brilliant though, exactly what the series needs! It's a bit boring as they're all getting along although I love Simone, Jackie and Fiona. Shannon Noll and Danny Green are two of the most tediously boring people possible but the quietly competent nice Aussie bloke is basically a ticket to the final in this show, but it's tedious af when they just sit there and do the trials and don't scream a bit or make a show. "Nollsy" just mumbles and is truly just there but is favourite to win, I can barely understand a thing he says laugh.gif

+Quote this post
Dexton
post Feb 14 2018, 11:14 AM
Post #305
Group icon
rip in peace Dickston
User: 25,045
That’s Australian reality tv for you tongue.gif It’s why the Australian Big Brother was cancelled. Without the addition of external drama (such as forcefully creating personalities for people on shows like MKR, or just adding in extra people like Vicky who is amazing) Australians just get on too well. Or not even that, they just don’t say anything if they get pissed off and let everything go as normal. Whereas if you look at UK reality tv, everyone is arguing and shouting and being entertianing (not a bad thing).

Honestly the Aus Big Brother was the most boring thing to watch especially after loving the UK one for so long too.

+Quote this post
Liаm
post Feb 14 2018, 12:09 PM
Post #306
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
Omg I love BBAu, I think they struck the balance just right. There was always a bit of a villain but it was never *too* much. The 2013 series especially was flawless, 2014 wasn't great and had possibly the worst winner of any BB ever laugh.gif

+Quote this post
Aaron.
post Feb 23 2018, 01:16 AM
Post #307
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
MKR: Wow, Group 2 absolutely murdered this. I don't think I've ever seen a stronger group of cheftestants. I would prefer the Mother/Daughter to go however.
AND FINALLY THE INSTANT RESTAURANTS ARE DONE *.*

+Quote this post
Liаm
post Feb 23 2018, 02:03 AM
Post #308
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
David and Lisa f***ing Oldifeld have ruined I'm A Celeb, such rancid people. Ni had no idea who they were beforehand but from what I've read he seems to be like an Australian Nigel Farage which of course is... wonderful.

+Quote this post
Dexton
post Feb 25 2018, 11:51 AM
Post #309
Group icon
rip in peace Dickston
I can’t stand the hosts, neither of them have any charisma and everytime they try and make any jokes they just fall flat. It might just be because I got so used to the comedic gold of Ant & Dec as hosts but they ruin the show for me. Vicky elevated the show and is the only reason I’m watching at this point

+Quote this post
Liаm
post Feb 25 2018, 12:09 PM
Post #310
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
I much prefer them to Ant and Dec but they're like my worst people on TV so not hard laugh.gif

This series isn't great but it's easy enough viewing for the background when I get back from uni or I'm getting ready so I keep watching. Because I watch on youtube I do just skip boring bits of like Shannon or Danny though.

+Quote this post
Aaron.
post Mar 24 2018, 01:13 AM
Post #311
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
RANT WARNING
My kіtchen Rules is ABSOLUTE GARBAGE this year.
First off, we get week after week of Instant Restaurants, then they transition into Group 1 vs Group 2 cookoffs.. where.. they get sent to what can only be described as another Instant Restaurant.. and they allow ALL the other teams to judge and score?!

For the most part, the other Teams scores outweigh the judges. Infact, the strongest team got eliminated because of the Group Score when it was Georgie/Alicia VS Alex/Emily.
So frustrating, they are just looking for Drama this year it seems.

The editing is terrible, you basically can tell who's safe and who's not based on the previews.. we also had a entire week of Sonya/Hadil's "She couldn't afford fine dining" commercials before the episode actually aired. WHY?!

Prediction on the rest of the season:

01: Henry/Anna
02: Olga/Valeria
03: Josh/Nic
04: Jess/Emma
05: Stella/Jazzey
06: Kim/Soung
07: Alex/Emily
DQ: Sonya/Hadil (despite being the strongest team left, they will never win this show. The disqualification is clearly them based on the previews they've shown)

Also - saw that the show is off until the end of the Commonwealth Games.. which I've googled and runs from Apr 4, 2018 – Apr 15, 2018. Um. Why aren't we getting a few episodes next week?
WILL THIS SEASON EVER END.
MASTERCHEF AUSTRALIA NEEDS TO RETURN.

+Quote this post
Dexton
post Apr 16 2018, 12:08 PM
Post #312
Group icon
rip in peace Dickston
I'll be very surprised if Emily doesn't win The Voice this year or at least Top 3

+Quote this post
ElectroBoy
post Apr 16 2018, 12:25 PM
Post #313
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 3,002
QUOTE(Aaron. @ Mar 24 2018, 02:13 AM) *
RANT WARNING
My kіtchen Rules is ABSOLUTE GARBAGE this year.
First off, we get week after week of Instant Restaurants, then they transition into Group 1 vs Group 2 cookoffs.. where.. they get sent to what can only be described as another Instant Restaurant.. and they allow ALL the other teams to judge and score?!

For the most part, the other Teams scores outweigh the judges. Infact, the strongest team got eliminated because of the Group Score when it was Georgie/Alicia VS Alex/Emily.
So frustrating, they are just looking for Drama this year it seems.

The editing is terrible, you basically can tell who's safe and who's not based on the previews.. we also had a entire week of Sonya/Hadil's "She couldn't afford fine dining" commercials before the episode actually aired. WHY?!

Prediction on the rest of the season:

01: Henry/Anna
02: Olga/Valeria
03: Josh/Nic
04: Jess/Emma
05: Stella/Jazzey
06: Kim/Soung
07: Alex/Emily
DQ: Sonya/Hadil (despite being the strongest team left, they will never win this show. The disqualification is clearly them based on the previews they've shown)

Also - saw that the show is off until the end of the Commonwealth Games.. which I've googled and runs from Apr 4, 2018 – Apr 15, 2018. Um. Why aren't we getting a few episodes next week?
WILL THIS SEASON EVER END.
MASTERCHEF AUSTRALIA NEEDS TO RETURN.

It is a an odd season of MKR and looking at the ratings it is down on previous years - i'm guessing the changes to the format haven't clicked.

Some of the teams are good; but overall the show just isn't as good as it was.

I do prefer Masterchef Australia as a whole... but the last season of that I found to be a bit dull with all the people I liked being eliminated early and those who remained I didn't really care about.

+Quote this post
ElectroBoy
post May 8 2018, 08:34 PM
Post #314
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Masterchef Australia has begun jump.gifyahoo.gifjump.gif

This post has been edited by ElectroBoy: May 8 2018, 08:35 PM

+Quote this post
Aaron.
post May 10 2018, 09:19 PM
Post #315
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
End of MKR: Um. Okay. Alex and Emily were the best this year? blink.gif I think not. I think it was a travesty that nobody from Group 2 was even in the Top 4. Clearly having no judges (outside Pete and Manu) judge the food and allowing the teams to score messed this all up. Wow. They need a big change for next year or I'm gonna tune out.

Start of Masterchef: cheer.gif Good start. I wasn't really paying attention too much to the Auditions but it looks like we have some good contenders this year. I just hope nobody pulls a Ben this year and cooks 16 Ice Creams in a row to make to the end.

+Quote this post
Liаm
post May 10 2018, 09:40 PM
Post #316
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
Ooh I might need to keep up with Masterchef Aus, although exams will probs stop m laugh.gif

+Quote this post
Aaron.
post May 19 2018, 02:07 AM
Post #317
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Masterchef so far, Don't disagree with any of the eliminations. Matt being away is absolutely fine with me, keep him away for the rest of the season.

Aldo seems like the runaway winner for me. Male, because we haven't had a Male winner in a while. Diverse, because of LGBT and Non Traditional because he's not the standard White Australian Winner (or at least, not Australian enough).

Few thoughts on the others:

Adele: Cute, vibrant.. but you saw her being eliminated in the Season Promo....
Chloe: Hey, Ben and Diana didn't exist last year until Mid-Season, so she could do quite well.
Hoda: Seems very disingenuous in one of the last cooks. She didn't understand the concept and outright lied to the judges.
Jess: Cute, but you're not the new Reynold.
Reece: Could go far, and I hope he does.. but he's one of those risky cooks that could get cut very early.
Sashi: God damn he's annoying.

This post has been edited by Aaron.: May 19 2018, 02:08 AM

+Quote this post
ElectroBoy
post May 21 2018, 06:44 PM
Post #318
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Aldo is being pushed quite a lot - in a similar way to Matt Sinclair a couple of years ago eg he is used so much in the talking heads bit... Geneie too is getting a lot of screen time and they keep referencing her to Julie Goodwin as she is a mum. Maybe picks to be there for the long haul... although Elena and Diana weren't really in your face and got through the first few weeks quite quietly so I guess you never know.

I'm liking this series alot more than the last series though; last year everyone seemed to be too good and there didn't feel anyone to root for (actually that's partly rubbish; my faves all got eliminated way too early for me to really care for the end plus there were quite a few bland people).

This year i'm liking Brendan, Gina and Khanh and quite a few others too

+Quote this post
Aaron.
post May 28 2018, 12:21 AM
Post #319
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
<3 <3 <3 REECE <3 <3 <3
I'm going to be devastated when he's eliminated.

+Quote this post
Liаm
post May 28 2018, 01:12 PM
Post #320
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
Omg John James from Big Brother 2010 of JJJ fame is going on Love Island Australia apparently rotf.gif

+Quote this post

43 Pages V  « < 14 15 16 17 18 > » 
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 08:00 AM