BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
13 Pages V  « < 9 10 11 12 13 >  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Summer Transfer Thread 2019, Home of all transfer news/gossip
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Dobbo
post 2nd August 2019, 05:22 PM
Post #201
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 20,053

Yep the Alderweireld situation is weird, would have loved him but there isn't many other viable alternatives! This is really what we should have been doing before last season but we completely stood still.

Really don't care about Smalling nor Jones, would like to keep Rojo for back up but ah well. Lindelof needs to kick on, another wobbly start won't do him any favours.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Rooney
post 2nd August 2019, 05:25 PM
Post #202
Group icon
WINTER IS COMING
User: 88

QUOTE(dobbo @ Aug 2 2019, 06:22 PM) *
Yep the Alderweireld situation is weird, would have loved him but there isn't many other viable alternatives! This is really what we should have been doing before last season but we completely stood still.

Really don't care about Smalling nor Jones, would like to keep Rojo for back up but ah well. Lindelof needs to kick on, another wobbly start won't do him any favours.

It's just strange you messed about all summer last year which put Mourinho in a huff and here we are 12 months later, no outgoings but a new CB. Your CBs are fairly average really, there's just a lack of consistency. I like Lindelof though he really improved last year. If you'd have got Alderweireld I'd have said you'd have a really good chance of Top 4.

+Quote this post
Houdini
post 2nd August 2019, 07:43 PM
Post #203
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 21,725

We still have Matteo Darmian for some strange reason even though he's barely played any games in recent seasons. I think Harry Maguire would be a really good signing for us and he would fit in well, he would definitely be our best defender along with Wan-Bissaka. We have as good a chance of top 4 as Chelsea and Arsenal in my opinion as those two teams are not head and shoulders above us, I even think we are better than Arsenal.

+Quote this post
Rooney
post 2nd August 2019, 11:04 PM
Post #204
Group icon
WINTER IS COMING

QUOTE(Houdini @ Aug 2 2019, 08:43 PM) *
We still have Matteo Darmian for some strange reason even though he's barely played any games in recent seasons. I think Harry Maguire would be a really good signing for us and he would fit in well, he would definitely be our best defender along with Wan-Bissaka. We have as good a chance of top 4 as Chelsea and Arsenal in my opinion as those two teams are not head and shoulders above us, I even think we are better than Arsenal.

It will come down to attack vs defence. I think Man Utd’s biggest problem this year will be goals. As much as Lukaku can be terrible, he can also bang goals in. I think relying on Rashford to be your number 9 is a brave move personally. Whereas Arsenal have a good attack but a shocking defence. Man Utd may be less explosive with attacking returns but might be able to keep a clean sheet and score on the counter, I’ve no idea.

Right now I’d say Utd, Chelsea and Arsenal could go either way. Arsenal have goals in their locker but the other two teams have much stronger defence and midfield, but I’m not convinced either has a regular source of goals.

+Quote this post
Rooney
post 4th August 2019, 07:36 PM
Post #205
Group icon
WINTER IS COMING

Man Utd have"withdrawn their interest" in Dybala after he rejected them. You can't make this up laugh.gif Big proof as to why swap deals are so difficult.. I'm not sure if Lukaku will get his move now. Still think not getting a replacement for him is a silly idea.

Kean is officially at Everton now.

+Quote this post
Silas
post 4th August 2019, 07:51 PM
Post #206
Group icon
Queen of Soon
User: 3,474

Not wanting to leave Juventus is not the same as “rejecting” United. United could easily have met his wage demands, but if he doesn’t actually want to move and is being forced to against his will then who would want him near your club? Honestly?

If he’d wanted away from Juve I’d be raging at the club but the fact is he just doesn’t want to leave. Already got toxic mould in the form of wantaway pogba. Don’t need a second

+Quote this post
Rooney
post 4th August 2019, 08:03 PM
Post #207
Group icon
WINTER IS COMING

QUOTE(5 Silas Frøkner @ Aug 4 2019, 08:51 PM) *
Not wanting to leave Juventus is not the same as “rejecting” United. United could easily have met his wage demands, but if he doesn’t actually want to move and is being forced to against his will then who would want him near your club? Honestly?

If he’d wanted away from Juve I’d be raging at the club but the fact is he just doesn’t want to leave. Already got toxic mould in the form of wantaway pogba. Don’t need a second

Yeah agreed.. so he rejected United then!

Its a well known fact that the Italian clubs are skint. Man Utd club mouthpiece's put it out there that they were interested in Dybala as they wanted to swap him for Lukaku. I'm sure he wants out of Juventus, just probably wanted to a massive paycheck for the cause.

+Quote this post
Houdini
post 4th August 2019, 11:19 PM
Post #208
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

I never thought that Dybala would join us anyway so this is no surprise whatsover to me. The way Juventus are going their squad will eventually become one without much harmony, it looks like they want to hoard as many players as possible.

+Quote this post
Rooney
post 4th August 2019, 11:24 PM
Post #209
Group icon
WINTER IS COMING

QUOTE(Houdini @ Aug 5 2019, 12:19 AM) *
I never thought that Dybala would join us anyway so this is no surprise whatsover to me. The way Juventus are going their squad will eventually become one without much harmony, it looks like they want to hoard as many players as possible.

I think they are a bit like PSG. They've got so bored of winning their league title by January they are really pushing for the Champions League. And you know what.. I still don't think they'll win it.

+Quote this post
LewisGT
post 5th August 2019, 01:28 PM
Post #210
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 18,293

Maguire officially singed for United now.

I do think United have dodged a bullet with Dybala. From the start it seemed clear he had no desire to leave Juventus and was just getting forced to be a part of the move by the club. If he joined it would have went the same way as Di Maria I imagine.

+Quote this post
Mack.
post 5th August 2019, 09:20 PM
Post #211
Group icon
It's still will be the return of the Mack 4eva
User: 12,915

Brighton have signed French striker Neal Maupay for a reported £20m from Championship side Brentford.

The 22-year-old has signed a four-year deal with the Seagulls.

Maupay scored a total of 41 goals in 95 games for the Bees, finishing last season as the joint-second top scorer in the Championship with 25 league goals.

+Quote this post
Mack.
post 5th August 2019, 09:33 PM
Post #212
Group icon

Crystal Palace have signed former England and Chelsea defender Gary Cahill on a two-year deal.

+Quote this post
Houdini
post 5th August 2019, 09:35 PM
Post #213
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

QUOTE(Mack. @ Aug 5 2019, 10:33 PM) *
Crystal Palace have signed former England and Chelsea defender Gary Cahill on a two-year deal.

haha what are Crystal Palace thinking?

+Quote this post
Rooney
post 5th August 2019, 10:06 PM
Post #214
Group icon
WINTER IS COMING

QUOTE(Houdini @ Aug 5 2019, 10:35 PM) *
haha what are Crystal Palace thinking?

I think he is a good signing. They need defensive cover and I think his lack of pace will be masked by Hodgson's stye of play.

+Quote this post
Houdini
post 5th August 2019, 10:27 PM
Post #215
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

QUOTE(Rooney @ Aug 5 2019, 11:06 PM) *
I think he is a good signing. They need defensive cover and I think his lack of pace will be masked by Hodgson's stye of play.

Gary Cahill is surely past it now though?

+Quote this post
Rooney
post 5th August 2019, 10:54 PM
Post #216
Group icon
WINTER IS COMING

QUOTE(Houdini @ Aug 5 2019, 11:27 PM) *
Gary Cahill is surely past it now though?

Probably is at the top level, but for a team like Palace he's probably perfect for a season or two. He's a lot better than Jakielka for example.

Mind you saying that, if Palace sell Zaha without signing a replacement I think they will be in trouble this year.

+Quote this post
Mack.
post 6th August 2019, 01:32 PM
Post #217
Group icon

Derby County have signed former England captain Wayne Rooney on an initial 18-month player-coach deal from MLS side DC United.

The 33-year-old forward, who is Manchester United's and England's all-time record goalscorer, will join up with the Rams in January.

+Quote this post
-0-0
post 6th August 2019, 06:12 PM
Post #218
Group icon
🙄
User: 10,643

Coutinho being linked with Arsenal, Tottenham, Liverpool and Man U on loan

+Quote this post
Rooney
post 6th August 2019, 06:34 PM
Post #219
Group icon
WINTER IS COMING

QUOTE(Mack. @ Aug 6 2019, 02:32 PM) *
Derby County have signed former England captain Wayne Rooney on an initial 18-month player-coach deal from MLS side DC United.

The 33-year-old forward, who is Manchester United's and England's all-time record goalscorer, will join up with the Rams in January.

Such a neat way at getting past FFP laugh.gif Apparently 80k a week, but 40k as a coach and the rest as a player...

QUOTE(Wall @ Aug 6 2019, 07:12 PM) *
Coutinho being linked with Arsenal, Tottenham, Liverpool and Man U on loan

He's being forced out by Barcelona. Can't see him going to Liverpool or Man Utd if I am honest. He'll get boo'd big time if he goes to another Premier League club. Surely if he goes to Spurs, Eriksen is on his way. I do really like Coutinho and I was gutted when we sold him at the time but he doesn't really fit our style of play at all. For all of his magic he could be a major weak link if played in midfield.

+Quote this post
Silas
post 6th August 2019, 07:30 PM
Post #220
Group icon
Queen of Soon
User: 3,474

Even Woodward isn’t thick enough to sign an ex-Liverpool player

+Quote this post

13 Pages V  « < 9 10 11 12 13 >