BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
74 Pages V  « < 52 53 54 55 56 > »   
Closed TopicStart new topic
> General Election 2019 "The Poll"
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Who will you vote for
Who will you vote for
Conservative [ 6 ] ** [9.23%]
Labour [ 39 ] ** [60.00%]
Lib Dem [ 6 ] ** [9.23%]
Brexit [ 1 ] ** [1.54%]
Greens [ 3 ] ** [4.62%]
SNP [ 8 ] ** [12.31%]
DUP [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Sinn Fein [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Independents [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Other [ 2 ] ** [3.08%]
Total Votes: 84

crazy chris
post Dec 11 2019, 01:13 AM
Post #1061
BuzzJack Legend
Group: Members
Member No.: 53
   No Gallery Pics

The BBC have just reported that the Tory Health Secretary was friends with family linked to the fake news scandal surrounding baby Jack, the 4 year old suffering pneumonia lying on a hospital floor.

The BBC have confirmed that Matt Hancock has links to the woman who first posted the fake news claiming the photo of the 4-year old with pneumonia on the floor of A&E was staged.

Her son is involved in Conservative politics and friends with the Tory Health Secretary on Facebook.

Maybe a storm in a teacup.

This post has been edited by Crazy Chris-tmas: Dec 11 2019, 01:18 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Steve201
post Dec 11 2019, 01:15 AM
Post #1062
Shakin Stevens
Member No.: 5,138
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Crazy Chris-tmas @ Dec 11 2019, 01:05 AM) *
Well after reading the latest leaflet from Stephen Timms any thoughts I was having of voting Labour have vanished.

"I can announce that I would vote remain in any second referendum" mad.gif

Then he spends a paragraph rubbishing Boris's deal and says it's much worse than Theresa May's for workers rights, creates massive red tape for exporters and creates a Northern Ireland - Great Britain border. He says that if Boris has confidence in it he should put it to a public vote as soon as possible in 2020 if re-elected. Goes on to say the Tories will sell the NHS to the Americans. unsure.gif

No mention whatsoever of his leader, Jeremy Corbyn. Same old crap. Still he knows his seat is safe.

Weee you ever gonna vote labour anyway?

+Quote Post
crazy chris
post Dec 11 2019, 01:17 AM
Post #1063
BuzzJack Legend
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(ChristmaSteve201 @ Dec 11 2019, 01:15 AM) *
Weee you ever gonna vote labour anyway?

I was considering it because they said they'd get rid of the awful ESA WCA tests.

+Quote Post
Iz 🌟
post Dec 11 2019, 01:27 AM
Post #1064
I'm a paragon so don't perceive me
Group: Admin.
Member No.: 12,929
   No Gallery Pics

Those races in the Yougov model now look so close in key seats and a lot more tossups than I remember the last one being. Very important anti-Tory support is mobilised, we could stop them getting a majority yet.

By the way, I would love for more people to come in here (ignore our right-wing clowns). The more of us there are, the less prominent their views appear and the easier it is to ignore them.

+Quote Post
Lissa Martin
post Dec 11 2019, 04:46 AM
Post #1065
New Entry
Member No.: 98,308
   No Gallery Pics

Conservative....!!

+Quote Post
Iz 🌟
post Dec 11 2019, 06:00 AM
Post #1066
   No Gallery Pics

Yes, who ARE the other people in the poll voting for the Tories and their harmful, austerity-ridden, can't-keep-a-promise simplistic regressive policies?

I know not everyone gets involved in the discussion in some way and of course I fundamentally disagree with them but why, after this misinformation driven campaign and a stuttering buffoonish leader and associated cronies like Hancock who clearly do not have the interests of the people at heart, would anyone be considering voting for these bast*rds? I mean this in a genuine sense, there has to be good reasons, I'd like for Tory voters to be able to come in and make me say 'good point'.

+Quote Post
vidcapper
post Dec 11 2019, 07:02 AM
Post #1067
Paul Hyett
Group: Banned
Member No.: 364
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Holly and Izzy @ Dec 11 2019, 01:27 AM) *
Those races in the Yougov model now look so close in key seats and a lot more tossups than I remember the last one being. Very important anti-Tory support is mobilised, we could stop them getting a majority yet.

By the way, I would love for more people to come in here (ignore our right-wing clowns). The more of us there are, the less prominent their views appear and the easier it is to ignore them.

Judging by this thread's poll, Labour views are already more than adequately represented here. mellow.gif

Certain members of this forum are always complaining about lack of balance in the media, but I don't notice them complaining about the Labour dominance here...

This post has been edited by vidsanta: Dec 11 2019, 07:05 AM

+Quote Post
crazy chris
post Dec 11 2019, 07:33 AM
Post #1068
BuzzJack Legend
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Holly and Izzy @ Dec 11 2019, 01:27 AM) *

Yes more people should come in here. I think it's awful though that one of the Admins of this forum's saying me and Vid should just be ignored as our opinions are different. I thought a forum was for different opinions. If any of the other three who said they were voting Tory wanted to post in here would they when they fear they'd be ridiculed even by management? Why not name it as just a forum for Labour voters then and ban us from posting here altogether? Am really annoyed to be honest at the above sentence. Also calling us right-wing clowns. I just don't think it's right for management to name-call two posters.

There at least I've got that off my chest but it had to be said.

This post has been edited by Crazy Chris-tmas: Dec 11 2019, 07:36 AM

+Quote Post
crazy chris
post Dec 11 2019, 07:44 AM
Post #1069
BuzzJack Legend
   No Gallery Pics

Labour's Jonathan Ashworth, Shadow health secretary, has been overheard saying to people "don't vote for Corbyn as he's a threat of National Security" ohmy.gif

Fifteen Labour MP's are paying for an advertising campaign today to tell voters not to vote for Corbyn.

ITV's GMG talking about it right now to Laura Pidcock.

This post has been edited by Crazy Chris-tmas: Dec 11 2019, 07:50 AM

+Quote Post
JackTheeStallion
post Dec 11 2019, 07:52 AM
Post #1070
BuzzJack Legend
Group: Genre Mod
Member No.: 223

QUOTE(Lissa Martin @ Dec 11 2019, 04:46 AM) *
Conservative....!!

Not ANOTHER ONE

+Quote Post
crazy chris
post Dec 11 2019, 07:56 AM
Post #1071
BuzzJack Legend
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Jack @ Dec 11 2019, 07:52 AM) *
Not ANOTHER ONE

Yes, seems so. ohmy.gif With a USA country flag though. thinking.gif

This post has been edited by Crazy Chris-tmas: Dec 11 2019, 08:10 AM

+Quote Post
dandy*
post Dec 11 2019, 07:57 AM
Post #1072
Mansonette
Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 54
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(vidsanta @ Dec 11 2019, 07:02 AM) *
Judging by this thread's poll, Labour views are already more than adequately represented here. mellow.gif

Certain members of this forum are always complaining about lack of balance in the media, but I don't notice them complaining about the Labour dominance here...

There’s a big difference between media outlets influencing millions of people and a music forum not happening to have many Tory posters

+Quote Post
crazy chris
post Dec 11 2019, 08:01 AM
Post #1073
BuzzJack Legend
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(FKA Twiglets @ Dec 11 2019, 07:57 AM) *
There’s a big difference between media outlets influencing millions of people and a music forum not happening to have many Tory posters

Yes but do you think those few Tory supporters should be ridiculed and name-called? sad.gif

+Quote Post
Suedehead2
post Dec 11 2019, 08:21 AM
Post #1074
BuzzJack Legend
Group: Veteran
Member No.: 3,272
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Crazy Chris-tmas @ Dec 11 2019, 01:05 AM) *
Well after reading the latest leaflet from Stephen Timms any thoughts I was having of voting Labour have vanished.

"I can announce that I would vote remain in any second referendum" mad.gif

Then he spends a paragraph rubbishing Boris's deal and says it's much worse than Theresa May's for workers rights, creates massive red tape for exporters and creates a Northern Ireland - Great Britain border. He says that if Boris has confidence in it he should put it to a public vote as soon as possible in 2020 if re-elected. Goes on to say the Tories will sell the NHS to the Americans. unsure.gif

No mention whatsoever of his leader, Jeremy Corbyn. Same old crap. Still he knows his seat is safe.

Everything he says about Johnson’s deal is true. Can you point to anything he said about it which isn’t true?

+Quote Post
crazy chris
post Dec 11 2019, 08:26 AM
Post #1075
BuzzJack Legend
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Suedehead2 @ Dec 11 2019, 08:21 AM) *
Everything he says about Johnson’s deal is true. Can you point to anything he said about it which isn’t true?

You'd think that after we leave the EU there'd be less red tape though. That's one thing people moaned about, all the red tape and EU directives imposed on us by Brussels.

This post has been edited by Crazy Chris-tmas: Dec 11 2019, 08:30 AM

+Quote Post
Iz 🌟
post Dec 11 2019, 08:27 AM
Post #1076
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Crazy Chris-tmas @ Dec 11 2019, 07:33 AM) *
Yes more people should come in here. I think it's awful though that one of the Admins of this forum's saying me and Vid should just be ignored as our opinions are different. I thought a forum was for different opinions. If any of the other three who said they were voting Tory wanted to post in here would they when they fear they'd be ridiculed even by management? Why not name it as just a forum for Labour voters then and ban us from posting here altogether? Am really annoyed to be honest at the above sentence. Also calling us right-wing clowns. I just don't think it's right for management to name-call two posters.

There at least I've got that off my chest but it had to be said.

I was quite obviously not acting in my admin capacity with those comments. Rest assured if any mod action is taken it will not be because you happen to support the Conservatives. I would love it if you defended Tory policy and how it will help the country with that same vigour but you won’t, because you can’t.

This forum is not a place for opinions to be expressed unchallenged. You should expect that. You should also not expect non constructive debate, trolling, to be tolerated. Getting complaints from members about your conduct and admissions that they would post in here if you two were less prominent makes me very ill disposed to effectively endorsing you by allowing you free reign of the place.

Of course I don’t want this to be an echo chamber. I want politics to be a topic where I feel I can disagree with my opponent and not be scared about his party ruling. I want to find Tories who can give me good reasons why they voted Tory, you ignored that. Sadly, politics is not like that now. The Tories have turned into extreme populists where their voters can say nothing that truly justifies why they like them beyond the shallow platitudes they are all hoping you fall for.

+Quote Post
Suedehead2
post Dec 11 2019, 08:48 AM
Post #1077
BuzzJack Legend
Group: Veteran
Member No.: 3,272
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Crazy Chris-tmas @ Dec 11 2019, 08:26 AM) *
You'd think that after we leave the EU there'd be less red tape though. That's one thing people moaned about, all the red tape and EU directives imposed on us by Brussels.

So, what red tape do you expect to be abolished? And will it outweigh all the extra red tape involved when trading with the EU?

+Quote Post
Jessie Where
post Dec 11 2019, 09:07 AM
Post #1078
Break the tension
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 51

QUOTE(Crazy Chris-tmas @ Dec 11 2019, 08:01 AM) *
Yes but do you think those few Tory supporters should be ridiculed and name-called? sad.gif

I think at times it is warranted, because you both tend to come out with some mind-bogglingly ridiculous stuff.

+Quote Post
crazy chris
post Dec 11 2019, 09:40 AM
Post #1079
BuzzJack Legend
   No Gallery Pics

Boris Johnson's exasperated media minder swore on live TV today as the PM refused to speak to Good Morning Britain before trotting into a fridge as he started an early milkround in Yorkshire.

Piers Morgan was visibly shocked and Susanna Reid had her head in her hands as Mr Johnson's press secretary Robert Oxley declared 'for f***s sake' and blocked the path of GMB's roving reporter Jonathan Swain.

The Tory leader, who was delivering milk in the marginal seat of Pudsey, West Yorkshire, this morning, has repeatedly refused to appear on the ITV1 show.

Mr Swain confronted Boris as he put milk crates in a van and said: 'Morning Prime Minister will you come on Good Morning Britain? Will you deliver on your promise to speak to Piers and Susanna?'.

A tired-looking Mr Oxley loudly muttered: 'For f***s sake' as his boss ignored the calls and wandered into a large walk-in chiller as Mr Morgan exclaimed: 'He's gone into the fridge'.

The exchange came at the start of the final day of campaigning ahead of the general election, with the nation due to go to the ballot box tomorrow.

Mr Johnson and Jeremy Corbyn will today engage in whistle stop tours of the UK in a last push for votes after a new poll showed the race for Number 10 is much tighter than previously thought.

A massive YouGov survey published overnight suggested the Tories are on course to win 339 seats which would give Mr Johnson a majority of 28 while Labour could lose 31 and finish on 231.

However, the margin of error on the poll means the number of Tory MPs could fall between 311 and 367 which means a hung parliament is still a distinct possibility.

+Quote Post
vidcapper
post Dec 11 2019, 10:27 AM
Post #1080
Paul Hyett
Group: Banned
Member No.: 364
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Tawdry Hepburn @ Dec 11 2019, 09:07 AM) *
I think at times it is warranted, because you both tend to come out with some mind-bogglingly ridiculous stuff.

Such as?

+Quote Post

74 Pages V  « < 52 53 54 55 56 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 05:37 PM