BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Artist News
9 Pages V  « < 7 8 9  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Hurts 2B Human [NEW ALBUM], 8th Studio Album - Released 26th April 2019
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
slowdown73
post Nov 5 2019, 05:52 PM
Post #161
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Group: Members
Member No.: 1,031
   No Gallery Pics

I’m surprised hurts 2 b human hasn’t been reissued with a deluxe edition for Christmas. If it included a strong lead single then it could help push the album to platinum status.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Jordanlee
post Nov 14 2019, 05:40 PM
Post #162
Jord
Member No.: 27,116

From her latest insta post and an interview she did I think this era is now over.

She’s overdue a break but there was some missed potential on the album! I think the album kinda come too soon in some ways. The BT tour was still on going and was largely in favour of that era.

+Quote Post
troublepink
post Nov 15 2019, 08:31 AM
Post #163
Beautiful Trauma
Group: AF Leader
Member No.: 590

Yeah I think its time for her to take a break now too. She's been working non stop for over two years. I think we will perhaps get a greatest hits part 2 some time next year, but she doesn't really need to work as much for that, maybe a couple of singles/music videos (like the last time). Surely she'll do something for 20 years in music? unsure.gif

+Quote Post
Envoirment
post Nov 15 2019, 06:18 PM
Post #164
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 10,030
   No Gallery Pics

"Love Me Anyway" is the next single and is getting pushed to US radio. Its HAC adds date is November 18th and was released to country radio back in September, although I don't think it was really pushed at all then. Given her CMAs performance, it'll likely pick up there. I hope "Love Me Anyway" will get a video. It could be a massive HAC/AC radio hit during the winter and help album sales a bit more. wub.gif

This post has been edited by Envoirment: Nov 15 2019, 06:19 PM

+Quote Post
Jordanlee
post Jan 28 2020, 07:20 PM
Post #165
Jord

I’m gutted that this era was like the quiet era and it’s likely we won’t hear certain songs ever done live or on a tour. (Like I know it was released whilst she was touring the BT album but I wish this era was released later).

I still think this is a better album than Beautiful Trauma and also think it’s her most diverse sounding album since Try This as well.

If you think P!nk always sticks to the same formula listen to this album because I think by her standards it’s quite different sounding whilst still sounding fresh.

Courage deserved a Try / Chandelier esque video and Love Me Anyway was such a big WW hit that never was.

Really enjoying this album again lately.

This post has been edited by Jordan Lee: Jan 28 2020, 07:23 PM

+Quote Post
pippa
post Jan 29 2020, 09:24 AM
Post #166
BuzzJack Legend
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 14,031
   No Gallery Pics

The album needed to be pushed more to be more successful.
It doesnt deserve to be her lowest selling album despite it going to Number 1.

+Quote Post
Jordanlee
post Jun 11 2020, 11:59 PM
Post #167
Jord

I can’t believe this album is already one year old!!

Almost a year since I seen her on tour too!

+Quote Post
Liam.k.
post Jun 12 2020, 12:42 AM
Post #168
BuzzJack Idol
Group: Chart Mod
Member No.: 12,472

Feels older I think! In fact I sometimes forget that Beautiful Trauma wasn't her last album.

The album was much better than the singles suggested (although they too improved in the context of the album) and I feel it would be on its way to Platinum if they had stuck to a proper post-album release campaign. I hate when artists cut their album eras short. sad.gif

+Quote Post
Jordanlee
post Jun 12 2020, 12:54 AM
Post #169
Jord

In some ways I kinda wish that we got some tracks on this as a Deluxe Beautiful Trauma as this just doesn’t deserve to be her lowest seller despite being her longest running #1 album here!

I can see why the era was hard to promote on its own as it was released during a tour but I’m sad certain songs from this we could never hear live as I imagine her next tour will be promoting her 9th studio album.

For me I think Hey Why, Courage and Love Me Anyway all had potential. We Could Have It All is probably the closest thing to a signature P!nk style track though. I really think this album shows some diversity those who think “P!nks released the same song / album since 2006” type posters should really check this album out. It’s her most diverse offering since Try This id say!

+Quote Post
T Boy
post Jun 12 2020, 08:30 AM
Post #170
Radical Pink Troll
Member No.: 177
   No Gallery Pics

Hurts 2B Human and Love Me Anyway could have been really big hits I think. I’ll never really understand Can We Pretend being the second single.

But Pink just can’t really sell outside of a first single anymore. Times have changed since her commercial peak and whilst she still does well enough, she seems to lose interest quickly.

This album is still so good even after a year and it’s a shame it doesn’t get the recognition. It’s rubbish that it’s her lowest seller but I honestly think anything she released would be in this climate. beautiful Trauma sold really well for the sales climate but nowhere near what she used to get.

+Quote Post
Jordanlee
post Jun 12 2020, 11:03 AM
Post #171
Jord

Beautiful Trauma was a comeback album though wasn’t it. I guess that may have helped the sales of that album. It’s her second longest runner in the UK top ten as well although when it comes to the top 100 it isn’t as far ahead as her others.

I think P!nk will always manage to at least to top 40 with her lead singles. I’d love her to keep her streak of every album of hers having at least one top ten single on it though.

+Quote Post
Dexton
post Jun 12 2020, 12:34 PM
Post #172
rip in peace Dickston
Member No.: 25,045
   No Gallery Pics

I think the singles could've been a lot better tbh, at least to garner a bit more interest in the album.

1 Walk Me Home (February 20th)
2 Hurts 2B Human (April 19th, one week before album)
3 We Could Have It All (June)
4 Courage (August)
5 Love Me Anyway (November)

I think Hurts 2B Human, pushed with a music video on release week then with an album boost could have been a Top 20 hit at least. Given the album would have already had two decently sized hits We Could Have It All would get easy support from radio/streaming and be well liked enough as it's more 'classic Pink' whilst not sounding too different to the rest of the album. All Love Me Anyway needed was a live performance to take off tbh - performing at the AMA's with Chris Stapleton would give the song a decent boost at the right time.

+Quote Post
Jessie Where
post Aug 6 2020, 08:32 AM
Post #173
Break the tension
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 51

They really spectacularly messed this up, somehow even more than they did with the Beautiful Trauma era!

+Quote Post
Jordanlee
post Aug 6 2020, 10:43 AM
Post #174
Jord

In some ways I wish this album was released like a year or so later. I think touring her previous album at the time on what was a full on global event of a tour meant that this album would unfortunately not get a full album cycle promo the way all her others did.

+Quote Post
T Boy
post Aug 6 2020, 11:42 AM
Post #175
Radical Pink Troll
   No Gallery Pics

I think Pink hasn’t adapted to the streaming era but I also don’t really care that she hasn’t. She followed the old standard release strategy with Beautiful Trauma and the album was relatively successful but the singles weren’t post album release. These days artists tend to keep you waiting 18 months and 6 singles before they’ll finally give you the album so I’m quite glad Pink doesn’t do that.

Hurts 2B Human was WEIRD though. Plans to release sort of came out of nowhere and she has a lot of hype around the Brits that year but then randomly released the album two months later, when Walk Me Home was beginning to fade away and she hadn’t settled on a second single to lead it. Then the second single was so confusing with videos for other tracks and so on. It’s a great album though so it’s frustrating it had such a short chart life.

I don’t know what’s in store for Pink in the future. I think hit singles are behind her now. Possibly a lead single could do well but others won’t unless she releases half the album first and probably not even then.

+Quote Post
Liam.k.
post Sep 25 2020, 05:10 PM
Post #176
BuzzJack Idol
Group: Chart Mod
Member No.: 12,472

Sia has reworked and re-titled 'Courage' for her upcoming film 'Music':

+Quote Post
T Boy
post Sep 26 2020, 08:16 AM
Post #177
Radical Pink Troll
   No Gallery Pics

The arrangement is better but I just can’t stand Sia’s voice these days.

+Quote Post

9 Pages V  « < 7 8 9
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 05:01 AM