BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Child 44, Director: Daniel Espinosa | Tom Hardy & Gary Oldman
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Insomnio
post Apr 3 2015, 01:42 PM
Post #1
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 10,742
I saw the official trailer before I watched "Chappie" four days ago. It looks very promising movie. "Child 44" is a mystery thriller based on the homonymous novel of Tom Rob Smith. The cast consists of talented actors like Tom Hardy, Gary Oldman, Noomi Rapace and Vincent Cassel.

Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Suedehead2
post Apr 3 2015, 02:04 PM
Post #2
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 3,272
I enjoyed the book, so it will be interesting to see whether the film is any good. It's so long since I heard they were making a film, that I had assumed the project had been abandoned.

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post Apr 4 2015, 12:23 AM
Post #3
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 5,042
Looking forward to this. Tom and Gary are two of my favourites, so it'll be great to see them working on the same film together again.

+Quote this post
Mart!n
post Apr 4 2015, 11:55 AM
Post #4
Group icon
Infamy Infamy they all got it in for me
User: 2
One of my favourite books, its a 3 part trilogy, still haven't read the 3rd book yet, the second is alright, but not as good as the brilliant Child 44. I was waiting to see when they get round to release the film, I shall have to see the movie to see how it has been adapted, looking forward to it.

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post Apr 9 2015, 06:04 AM
Post #5
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.
User: 20,947
Saw the trailer and this looked really good ohmy.gif
Think I might see this now heart.gif

+Quote this post
Insomnio
post Jul 27 2015, 11:35 AM
Post #6
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 10,742
"Child 44" was released in American theaters over three months ago! It was based on the homonymous novel by Tom Rob Smith, which was released in bookstores in 2008 and was one of the biggest best-sellers that year! It was directed by Daniel Espinosa and the script was written by Richard Price. In "Child 44", we have the recognizable involvement of actors like Tom Hardy, the Swedish actress Noomi Rapace, Gary Oldman, Vincent Cassel and many others. I had seen the official trailer of this movie four months ago and I was very curious to go and see it. However, I wouldn’t say that the same happened with the rest of viewers.
The author Tom Rob Smith was inspired by the story of the Ukrainian serial killer Andrei Chikatilo, or "Butcher of Rostov", who massacred 53 people in the period of 1978-1992. However, "Child 44" takes place in the Soviet Union shortly before Stalin's death in 1953. Leo Demidod, who is the central figure of story, is an undercover agent who carries out tasks for the Ministry of State Security. His main purpose is to identify dissidents but he will unwittingly be entangled in a bizarre murder case of children that was covered up by the existing regime. Meanwhile, his wife Raisa will be accused of conspiring against her homeland, and both of them will find exile in a provincial outpost of the North. Nevertheless, they will co-operate with the local lawmaker General Nesterov in order to unravel the case, which will lead them to the identification of the brutal murderer. I can say with confidence that "Child 44" had a tight plot that kept our interest from the very first minute. However, it demanded the attention of the viewers because the case was quite complicated. Swedish director Daniel Espinosa did a remarkable job and guided properly the actors who were good enough in their roles. Ridley Scott was one of the main producers of the film and Lionsgate took over the distribution in cinemas! In addition, "Child 44" had an enigmatic script, very well structured characters, appropriately sets and convincing costumes of that time. However, I cannot omit the fact that the last scene was full of clichés and the script contained some propaganda information on how the Soviets States were facing the internal problems of their government.
"Child 44" is a well-built mystery/thriller which was full of suspense! Unfortunately, it has been harmed enough by the public, since it had very low earnings worldwide ($3,300,000). It’s already considered one of the greatest failures of the year! It has also received a moderate rating in IMDb (6,4), while it received lukewarm and bad reviews from the professional critics in the film industry, which may have contributed to the specific revenues. In contrast with them, I personally liked it because it had an exciting plot that aptly combines mystery with a political background.

This post has been edited by Insomnio: Jul 28 2015, 01:31 PM

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 01:17 PM