BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> WandaVision, Disney+ | The start of Phase 4 of MCU
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
diva thin muffin
post Feb 22 2021, 02:03 PM
Post #41
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Pronouns: he/him
User: 12,837
QUOTE(Dexton @ Feb 22 2021, 12:02 AM) *
It would be difficult but id love this! We can have a Marvel Heroes rate then a Marvel Villains then Marvel Side Characters kink.gif but where would Monica fit? ohmy.gif

It could be a good idea to use this list of recurring characters in the Marvel Cinematic Universe? Then maybe just add in main characters that have only appeared once if it's fitting?

I'm thinking of doing a personal ranking of the MCU characters once WandaVision is over actually. I'm currently more than halfway through rewatching all the movies (finished Doctor Strange last night) and have always rated all the notable characters after each movie so I think I may do that once I'm finished! happy.gif

But I'd definitely say Monica is a Hero?

This post has been edited by diva thin muffin: Feb 22 2021, 02:03 PM
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post Feb 24 2021, 11:03 AM
Post #42
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 5,042
'Agatha All Along' is now on Spotify/streaming! *.*

+Quote this post
diva thin muffin
post Feb 24 2021, 12:59 PM
Post #43
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Possible spoilers for the final two episodes:
Apparently there's another BIG character to be revealed in one of the final two episodes (Paul Bettany confirmed this earlier). Fans are predicting that it's gonna be Mephisto who's rumoured to be the main villain in Doctor Strange 2!

This post has been edited by diva thin muffin: Feb 24 2021, 12:59 PM

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post Feb 27 2021, 06:50 PM
Post #44
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 5,042
That episode was outstanding. That's how you do an origin story in just a single episode. Amazing stuff. Olsen and Hahn deserve every award possible.

Brb. Just gonna go and cry.

+Quote this post
Popchartfreak
post Feb 27 2021, 07:45 PM
Post #45
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 17,376
Fab episode, all questions answered except how it ends and where Wanda gets her powers from. And Wanda's dad had excellent taste in US sitcoms.... biggrin.gif

+Quote this post
Rooney
post Feb 27 2021, 10:00 PM
Post #46
Group icon
WINTER IS COMING
User: 88
QUOTE(Popchartfreak @ Feb 27 2021, 07:45 PM) *
Fab episode, all questions answered except how it ends and where Wanda gets her powers from. And Wanda's dad had excellent taste in US sitcoms.... biggrin.gif

I think it will end with Vison vs Vision - then possibly pushing Wanda in to the Multiverse. I think Evan Peters is from the Multiverse rather than a fictional creation, Agatha basically added just as much.

The two big teasers for me are who if anyone is in thw witness protection programme to bring the FBI there in the first place and if we do see the teasing of the Fantastic Four with Monica's Aerospace engineer friend in a post credits scene.

+Quote this post
J00prstar
post Feb 27 2021, 11:08 PM
Post #47
Group icon
there's nothing straight about plump Elvis
Pronouns: they/any
User: 22,895
This show is SO good.

It's really got me back into Marvel and Kathryn Hahn has been SUCH a good actor throughout. Elizabeth too, of course, but she's had less to do. The actors that play the agents have been really enjoyable too. Disappointed Emma Caulfield was only briefly in it!

+Quote this post
inactiveaccount
post Mar 3 2021, 09:37 AM
Post #48
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 1,030
this show is just incredible... i can't believe it took me liking the Agatha song to want to watch it!

+Quote this post
Klumzee
post Mar 3 2021, 09:46 AM
Post #49
Group icon
#TeamAnneMarie
User: 11,421
I've been watching this pretty religiously this week to catch up to the finale release on Friday and I've enjoyed it! I do think the script sometimes is a bit 'Disney Channel original' in places, particularly the scenes outside of Westview where they're investigating etc. but overall I'm liking this! Particular props to Kathryn Hahn and Elisabeth Olsen who have both been fantastic!

I've also loved the attention to detail and styling's of each sitcom era and how they're incorporated into the storyline but doesn't feel shoe-horned in. Agatha All Along is a ridiculous camp bop as well laugh.gif It reminds me of 'The Name Game' from AHS where it's not necessary to the plot but it's so much fun and will ultimately helps fans fall in love with the show.

I've also been tempted to start watching the Marvel movies again thanks to this show as I've watched quite a few of them but have absolutely no idea about the overall plotline and how it all ties in. I know I've seen there's a 'chronological' order to watch them in rather than the release order. I was wondering if anyone knew what that was so I could make a start?

+Quote this post
diva thin muffin
post Mar 3 2021, 10:32 AM
Post #50
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
QUOTE(Klumzee @ Mar 3 2021, 09:46 AM) *
I've been watching this pretty religiously this week to catch up to the finale release on Friday and I've enjoyed it! I do think the script sometimes is a bit 'Disney Channel original' in places, particularly the scenes outside of Westview where they're investigating etc. but overall I'm liking this! Particular props to Kathryn Hahn and Elisabeth Olsen who have both been fantastic!

I've also loved the attention to detail and styling's of each sitcom era and how they're incorporated into the storyline but doesn't feel shoe-horned in. Agatha All Along is a ridiculous camp bop as well laugh.gif It reminds me of 'The Name Game' from AHS where it's not necessary to the plot but it's so much fun and will ultimately helps fans fall in love with the show.

I've also been tempted to start watching the Marvel movies again thanks to this show as I've watched quite a few of them but have absolutely no idea about the overall plotline and how it all ties in. I know I've seen there's a 'chronological' order to watch them in rather than the release order. I was wondering if anyone knew what that was so I could make a start?

Hey Klum! You can fond the chronological order here. I just finished having a MCU marathon yesterday but I watched them in order of release which I thought was great as they increase in quality as you get on too haha. But i def recommend watching them to get the gist of the universe, makes this all so much more fun!

+Quote this post
Klaus
post Mar 3 2021, 10:41 AM
Post #51
Group icon
❤️❤️➕🟦
User: 17,160
I’d personally always watch things in release order, at least the first time round anyway, as then you at least know you’re not expected to know certain information before going into things!

This series looks to have been an enormous hit! Last week’s episode was a great opportunity to finally get a proper origin story and put Wanda’s story into perspective. Excited for the finale, feel there’s going to be lots more surprises to come still, I need to stay off the internet on Friday!

+Quote this post
Klumzee
post Mar 3 2021, 03:14 PM
Post #52
Group icon
#TeamAnneMarie
Sweet! I'll do release order than as that'll be easier to keep track of. I have watched quite a few but it's been when friends have dragged me to the cinema for bits! Like I'm sure I've seen one of the Avengers films and kinda just accepted I wouldn't understand where these characters have cropped up from laugh.gif It's something I've wanted to get into but it's just a task to begin you don't feel like doing it! Suppose now is better time than ever!

Also hear hear for the upcoming finale! Episode 8 set up the last one very well imo!

+Quote this post
diva thin muffin
post Mar 3 2021, 03:28 PM
Post #53
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
QUOTE(Klumzee @ Mar 3 2021, 03:14 PM) *
Sweet! I'll do release order than as that'll be easier to keep track of. I have watched quite a few but it's been when friends have dragged me to the cinema for bits! Like I'm sure I've seen one of the Avengers films and kinda just accepted I wouldn't understand where these characters have cropped up from laugh.gif It's something I've wanted to get into but it's just a task to begin you don't feel like doing it! Suppose now is better time than ever!

Also hear hear for the upcoming finale! Episode 8 set up the last one very well imo!

Just remember when struggling to get through the first few films that they do get much better the further into the MCU you get! laugh.gif

+Quote this post
Klumzee
post Mar 3 2021, 03:34 PM
Post #54
Group icon
#TeamAnneMarie
QUOTE(diva thin muffin @ Mar 3 2021, 03:28 PM) *
Just remember when struggling to get through the first few films that they do get much better the further into the MCU you get! laugh.gif

The pain is necessary cry.gif I've definitely watched the first Iron Man, bits of Incredible Hulk, Thor and one of the other Iron Man films. Also the two Guardians of the Galaxy films, CA: Winter Solider, Black Panther and Infinity War I think it was.

There's a good Radio Times article I've been reading which explains about each order and what you get out and what you miss out on from each order. But it sounds like the gist is for a new-comer to MCU you should watch in release order. Although no Incredible Hulk or Spiderman on Disney Plus cry.gif

https://www.radiotimes.com/movies/marvel-movies-order/

+Quote this post
lewistgreen
post Mar 3 2021, 10:51 PM
Post #55
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 19,585
I'm not ready for this to end on Friday cry.gif

+Quote this post
Klumzee
post Mar 5 2021, 01:23 PM
Post #56
Group icon
#TeamAnneMarie
Last episode has been watched! I really enjoyed that series and felt quite easy to follow along! Elizabeth Olsen, Paul Bettany and Kathryn Hahn were fantastic throughout heart.gif Definitely felt like a Marvel film told over the TV series format which I really quite liked! Made the whole story and mystery much more manageable than a close to 3 hour epic. I'm impressed for the first Disney Plus Marvel series, but isn't there another 10 or something planned? That feels like overkill and surely would follow the rule of diminishing returns eventually?

+Quote this post
Dexton
post Mar 5 2021, 05:44 PM
Post #57
Group icon
rip in peace Dickston
User: 25,045
I adore this show honestly heart.gif It ended perfectly and the show was ultimately about Wanda dealing with her grief. I’m glad we got introduced to new heroes/villains that will no doubt have a future role in the MCU, Agatha & Monica in particular.

Even if any of the next shows are half as good as WandaVision I’d be happy tbh, brilliant storytelling. Falcon and the Winter Soldier looks great so far and has an entirely different theme and tone compared to this, with Loki once again looking completely different from the other first two shows. I think so long as each show is significantly different from the last it’ll be okay. I love the episodic storytelling and I think it works great for comic book superheroes, that’s partly why DCs tv universe has performed so much better than their film universe (among other reasons).

+Quote this post
Rooney
post Mar 6 2021, 12:31 AM
Post #58
Group icon
WINTER IS COMING
I really enjoyed it. I won't lie I was a little bit disappointed it didn't build the universe or tease a few other things but I can see why with the re-vamped Phase 4 they have gone with WandaVision first- it is a really nice standalone story which is contained and fleshes out a few characters too who we will undoubtedly see more of.

+Quote this post
J00prstar
post Mar 6 2021, 01:11 AM
Post #59
Group icon
there's nothing straight about plump Elvis
Pronouns: they/any
User: 22,895
It was good, although I was disappointed they made Agatha an all-out villain.

(also...if the moral was that Wanda was wrong to imprison the people and change their memories, I'm not sure how I feel about the solve being to do the same to Agatha...)

+Quote this post
Rooney
post Mar 6 2021, 05:27 PM
Post #60
Group icon
WINTER IS COMING
QUOTE(J00prstar @ Mar 6 2021, 01:11 AM) *
It was good, although I was disappointed they made Agatha an all-out villain.

(also...if the moral was that Wanda was wrong to imprison the people and change their memories, I'm not sure how I feel about the solve being to do the same to Agatha...)

I don't think that was the moral, I think the moral was more about moving on after grief although the irony is Vision is still out there although I don't think we will be seeing him in the MCU until Phase 5). A lot of people (myself including) were expecting to see Mephisto but it's pretty clear to see that we will be seeing Agatha again.

+Quote this post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 08:46 PM