BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
14 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> What are you watching/recommending?, Discuss what you're watching here!!
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Silas
post Jan 1 2014, 09:47 PM
Post #1
Queen of Soon
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 3,474

Similar to the what are you listening too thread in the Lounge this is the new place for discussing what films you're watching or want to recommend to the unsuspecting Buzzjack masses!

I'm currently watching the superb 'Scott Pilgrim vs The World'!!!! First time I've watched it in ages and I'd forgotten how good it was. Anna Kendrick and Aubrey Plaza in one film!!!!! wub.gif

The comic book stylings, sharp comedy and brilliant casting make this truly unmissable.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Juranamo
post Jan 1 2014, 09:56 PM
Post #2
"Everything seems different the second time around."
Group: Members
Member No.: 5,830
   No Gallery Pics

I actually watched Scott Pilgrim again a couple of weeks back, it's a solid film. Love the first evil ex's scene!

Saw the latest Paranormal Activity this evening, it's as awful as the others. I certainly do not recommend!

+Quote Post
Silas
post Jan 1 2014, 09:57 PM
Post #3
Queen of Soon

The bollywood dude! He's great! I love the Vegan one who gets busted by the Vegan police for eating Chicken.

+Quote Post
HausofKubrick
post Jan 2 2014, 01:40 AM
Post #4
Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 13,007

'Scott Pilgrim' is a lot of fun. I think i prefer 'Kick Ass' to it, but the inner gamer in me just revels in the geekery. I don't find myself going back to it too much though, especially compared to some of Cera's other stuff (Superbad / Juno).

QUOTE(Juranamerryxmas @ Jan 1 2014, 09:56 PM) *
Saw the latest Paranormal Activity this evening, it's as awful as the others. I certainly do not recommend!

What number on we on now? And "as awful as the others" suggests that #3 was poor ohmy.gif The fan scenes had me squealing!

+Quote Post
Tafty³³³
post Jan 2 2014, 02:13 AM
Post #5
I found the love, I found the love in me
Group: Genre Mod
Member No.: 5,042

This 'Paranormal' isn't a sequel is it? unsure.gif It's a spin off I believe.

+Quote Post
Silas
post Jan 2 2014, 02:19 AM
Post #6
Queen of Soon

QUOTE(HausofKubrick @ Jan 2 2014, 01:40 AM) *
'Scott Pilgrim' is a lot of fun. I think i prefer 'Kick Ass' to it, but the inner gamer in me just revels in the geekery. I don't find myself going back to it too much though, especially compared to some of Cera's other stuff (Superbad / Juno).

I'm not a huge fan of Cera himself but he's in some incredible stuff. Juno is brilliant! Haven't actually seen Superbad or Kick Ass. Kick Ass looks pretty decent though.

I really like him in 'Nick and Nora's Infinite Playlist'. Him and Kat Dennings are great together!!

+Quote Post
J❄️hq
post Jan 2 2014, 10:29 AM
Post #7
my anxiety attacks
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 8,674

I find Michael Cera simply adorable. Scott Pilgrim is amazeballs, the cast/characters in it are so good. Loved Juno a lot too.

QUOTE(Silas @ Jan 2 2014, 02:19 AM) *
I really like him in 'Nick and Nora's Infinite Playlist'. Him and Kat Dennings are great together!!

Going to have to find this one out somewhere, LOVE Kat Dennings as well. wub.gif

+Quote Post
Silas
post Jan 2 2014, 11:29 AM
Post #8
Queen of Soon

You should! It's Cera being Cera and Kat Dennings being, well, Kat Dennings. She's perfection. The supporting cast is pretty decent too. It's a great film that's just nice to watch tbh.

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Jan 2 2014, 11:33 AM
Post #9
Brown cow, stunning!
Member No.: 10,139

Juno is hilarious, it's one of those films I could watch again and again and again and still keep laughing at wub.gif

+Quote Post
Qween
post Jan 2 2014, 11:34 AM
Post #10
Schlagerdrottningen
Group: Veteran
Member No.: 11,709

I really do not like Michael Cera either, but agree that Scott Pilgrim is a great film. Kind of wanted to gouge my eyes out/rip my ears off after watching Juno though.

+Quote Post
Juranamo
post Jan 2 2014, 03:27 PM
Post #11
"Everything seems different the second time around."
Member No.: 5,830
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(HausofKubrick @ Jan 2 2014, 01:40 AM) *
What number on we on now? And "as awful as the others" suggests that #3 was poor ohmy.gif The fan scenes had me squealing!

I think this is technically the 5th, but as Jojnjo said, it's kinda like a spinoff. If you liked the others, you'll probably like this one, I though the first one was overhyped, and have not enjoyed any of the others since.

QUOTE(Jonjo @ Jan 2 2014, 02:13 AM) *
This 'Paranormal' isn't a sequel is it? unsure.gif It's a spin off I believe.

Pretty much, there are some links though!

+Quote Post
Regina
post Jan 4 2014, 06:07 PM
Post #12
Raining Shitter
Group: Banned
Member No.: 5,572

Doubt

Seriously amazing movie. Outstanding performances from all 3 of the main cast members. Meryl Streep was so good at being stern and cold but still emotional.
There were so many times when they shared scenes and I got shivers down my spine, very gripping. Especially this scene:

SO GOOD. I also like the use of the weather at certain points, whether it was intentional or not laugh.gif

500 Days Of Summer

Zooey Douchelady grates on me so much, I cannot stand her drama.gif I like this movie, but its not my favourite thing that JGL has been in, it's a bit dull in places.

+Quote Post
Tafty³³³
post Jan 6 2014, 04:23 AM
Post #13

'(500) Days of Summer' is NOT dull Grant! sad.gif

+Quote Post
Regina
post Jan 6 2014, 10:55 AM
Post #14
Raining Shitter
Group: Banned
Member No.: 5,572

It is in parts sad.gif

+Quote Post
Kath
post Jan 14 2014, 07:35 PM
Post #15
BuzzJack Legend
Member No.: 2,980
   No Gallery Pics

A few films I've seen recently that have been great (or rather - I truly enjoyed them and gave them all between 8 - 10 on IMDb):

Rush (thought I'd hate this film but was truly engrossed)
Fruitvale Station (heartbreaking)
The Mist

Two to avoid - Cockneys Vs Zombies
RIPD

+Quote Post
Tafty³³³
post Jan 15 2014, 02:45 AM
Post #16

I've seen quite a few films lately too:

'American Hustle' - 7/10 >> Very strong movie, a bit long winded though, but worth a watch. <<
'12 Years A Slave' - 10/10 >> Truly astonishing. Everything about it felt so raw and real and it was executed perfectly. <<
'Her' - 8/10 >> I preferred Amy Adams' role in this more than I did in 'American Hustle'! <<
'Black Fish' - 8/10 >> A very gripping and tense documentary about the dangers and captivity of Orca Whales in attraction sites such as SeaLife. <<

2014 has been a pretty great start for me! Hopefully it's a lot more consistant than 2013 was!

+Quote Post
PaPa Ri
post Jan 15 2014, 11:09 AM
Post #17
JanWasRobbed
Member No.: 8,335

Last night I watched Hilary and Jackie, I loved it! It's so underrated, if you like biographical films you should check it out.

+Quote Post
Tafty³³³
post Jan 26 2014, 03:50 AM
Post #18

QUOTE(Jonjo @ Jan 15 2014, 02:45 AM) *
I've seen quite a few films lately too:

'American Hustle' - 7/10 >> Very strong movie, a bit long winded though, but worth a watch. <<
'12 Years A Slave' - 10/10 >> Truly astonishing. Everything about it felt so raw and real and it was executed perfectly. <<
'Her' - 8/10 >> I preferred Amy Adams' role in this more than I did in 'American Hustle'! <<
'Black Fish' - 8/10 >> A very gripping and tense documentary about the dangers and captivity of Orca Whales in attraction sites such as SeaLife. <<

2014 has been a pretty great start for me! Hopefully it's a lot more consistant than 2013 was!
Continuing the Oscar Buzz season for myself (Oh I saw 'Gravity' last year, which I'd give an 8)

'The Wolf On Wall Street' - 9/10 >> Such a solid film. It was a bit overly long, but it didn't feel like it, in the same way as 'American Hustle' felt overly long. Brilliant cast! <<
'Inside Llewyn Davis' - 8/10 >> Really loved this. It was quite gritty and cold, but felt charming and warm. Some top notch performances in this too. <<

Next on my list is 'Dallas Buyers Club' - Surely SOMETHING has to disappoint me? ohmy.gif I'm actually shocked I've liked most of the nominees so far this year. I'll give August a watch soon too!

2014 has got off to a far better start than last year! It also helps I saw David Fincher's 'Zodiac' for the first time the other day. Absolutely fantastic! Really, REALLY good. The more I think about it, the higher up it goes in my affections! David Fincher is quite possibly my favourite director!

+Quote Post
bipolar angel
post Jan 27 2014, 10:07 AM
Post #19
BuzzJack Enthusiast
Member No.: 20,494
   No Gallery Pics

new in town, apollo 13, and pulp fiction were the last 3 movies i watched. would totally suggest new in town, rather funny romantic commedy

+Quote Post
Silas
post Jan 27 2014, 10:12 PM
Post #20
Queen of Soon

QUOTE(Kath @ Jan 14 2014, 07:35 PM) *
Two to avoid - Cockneys Vs Zombies
RIPD

I watched RIPD on my flight to Aus and thought it was actually pretty funny. I must admit that could have something to do with a certain Miss Botwin...

My Blu-Ray of 'White House Down' came today. Something else I watched on the plane. I really love a good action flick and this had all the action you could ask for, Channing Tatum, a couple of twists and a brilliant cast. It's definitely one I'd recommend.

+Quote Post

14 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 09:46 PM