BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

70 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 'ARTPOP' • Album Discussion Thread, 3rd album | 2013 - Pitchfork review just in!
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
artpopchris
post Sep 28 2011, 07:24 PM
Post #1
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Group: Members
Member No.: 9,054

This may not come as a shock to anyone who's marveled at her multitasking ways, but just four months after the release of her Born This Way album, says she's already working on the follow-up, which she says will be released "sooner rather than later."

That's what she told Ryan Seacrest just before the iHeartRadio festival in Las Vegas, adding that the new disc is just one of many projects she's juggling at the moment.

"I'm actually already working on my next album," she said. "So I've been working on that. I've been planning the next tour, which keeps me very excited and busy because I have lots of new ideas, and I know exactly how I want it to look. I'm also planning my next music video. I have lots of things to do, but in truth, I feel like I'm the most alive when I'm onstage."

And while there's still no release date (or any concrete information) on Gaga's next album, her manager, Troy Carter, recently suggested that, if he has his way, Gaga might give the record away for free.

Check out photos of Lady Gaga and others at the iHeartRadio festival.

"If it was up to me, I'd give away the next album and put it on every handset that I can put it on," Carter said last week at the f8 conference in San Francisco. "You can't be scared to fail. Sometimes we're going to get big results, and sometimes you learn a lesson, make an adjustment and move on."

Gaga made waves back in May with the multitude of methods she promoted Born This Way, including a much-discussed 99-cent pricing scheme with Amazon.com, which temporarily crashed the site.

A spokesperson for Gaga's label could not be reached for comment by MTV News about the new album.

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1671501/l...follow-up.jhtml
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Regina
post Sep 28 2011, 07:40 PM
Post #2
Raining Shitter
Group: Banned
Member No.: 5,572

Give it away for free?

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Sep 28 2011, 08:36 PM
Post #3
Brown cow, stunning!
Member No.: 10,139

PLEASE let her do a Rihanna - ie churn out an outstanding album each year wub.gif Can't wait!

+Quote Post
AV102
post Sep 29 2011, 11:34 PM
Post #4
BuzzJack Enthusiast
Member No.: 9,835
   No Gallery Pics

I would like a new Album. Born this Way didnt impress me. Her best album was the Fame Monster

+Quote Post
Propilot87
post Sep 30 2011, 03:14 AM
Post #5
BuzzJack Enthusiast
Member No.: 2,101
   No Gallery Pics

hmm i wonder which direction she'll take her sound in with this album, im really curious to see if she'll keep it similar to BTW or go back to the fame/fame monster sound, or evolve it completely.

+Quote Post
artpopchris
post Nov 23 2011, 10:55 PM
Post #6
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 9,054

“I want to explore the decay of the pop culture icon on my next album.”

+Quote Post
jark
post Nov 23 2011, 11:00 PM
Post #7
something you consider rare
Member No.: 2,990

Oh just MAKE SOME GOOD FUCKING POP MUSIC YOU DAFT BITCH!

+Quote Post
Oricon
post Nov 23 2011, 11:43 PM
Post #8
bye dinner
Member No.: 12,972

I want her to go and make a record where she has fun... aka.. The Fame or The Fame Monster...

Born This Way wasn't as good as them 2 imo, it's still excellent that said biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Thom Spirit Kay
post Nov 24 2011, 09:45 AM
Post #9
eat hot chip, be homosexual
Member No.: 6,946

I would say TFM >>>> Born This Way >>>> The Fame (soooo much filler).

Love your new sig btw wub.gif It seems a lot of the monsters on Twitter are getting into K-pop, especially Girls' Generation...

+Quote Post
Oricon
post Nov 24 2011, 04:52 PM
Post #10
bye dinner

QUOTE(Tom *.* Kay @ Nov 24 2011, 09:45 AM) *
I would say TFM >>>> Born This Way >>>> The Fame (soooo much filler).

Love your new sig btw wub.gif It seems a lot of the monsters on Twitter are getting into K-pop, especially Girls' Generation...

w00t.gif w00t.gif at the last sentence.

+Quote Post
Aidan
post Dec 6 2011, 08:41 PM
Post #11
BuzzJack Legend
Member No.: 6,246
   No Gallery Pics

Gaga has revealed to MTV that she already has the name for the album, and has chosen Fernando Garibay as the producer.

Lady Gaga is perhaps the busiest monster of them all. Just six months after dropping her chart-topping Born This Way, the Mother Monster is already hard at work on its follow-up.

"I've started writing it and I have the name for it and all the concepts are beginning to flourish and take place," she told MTV News at Jingle Ball in Los Angeles, where she also talked about her Grammy nods and "Marry the Night" video. "I'm excited to put it out, but it's not done yet. So I'll put it out when it's done."

BTW contributor Fernando Garibay recently stopped by the MTV News offices in Santa Monica, California, and shared the vision he has in mind for Gaga's next release.

"I get a little bit of anxiety thinking about that right now," the producer said of plans for the album. "I wanna just always try to outdo ourselves, our songs.

"They're already incredible songs. But I feel like she's so young," he said, adding that the record is in its early stages and that "there's a lot of room to grow."

While Gaga will hit the road on the Born This Way Tour next year, Garibay said that won't halt the recording process. "The last record we made in bus stops and hotel rooms," he said. "Wherever she's at, we'll make it."

However the recording schedule pans out, Garibay knows he and Gaga will continue experimenting with new sounds. "She's the perfect platform for me to express myself," he said. "You can do stuff with her that you can't do with anybody else. It's amazing."

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1675458/l...ext-album.jhtml

+Quote Post
April
post Dec 6 2011, 09:01 PM
Post #12
changed the game with that digital drop
Member No.: 11,905

She could finish the singles off Born This Way in May 2012 with Schiesse and Americano as final singles in February and May 2012. Then I think she should release the first single off this (as a held back release!!!!) in November 2012 then second single (as held back release!!!) in February 2013 along with the album!

+Quote Post
Oricon
post Dec 6 2011, 09:47 PM
Post #13
bye dinner

I want RedOne, has Gaga fallen out with him or something? He is producing less and less songs for Gaga. Has she forgotten who made her famous? Same with Gibson her ex-choreographer, why suddenly fire her as well..

+Quote Post
Slick
post Dec 7 2011, 12:39 AM
Post #14
electric butterflies
Member No.: 70
   No Gallery Pics

She's probably trying to try new things. Using the same producer all the time isn't going to help her push boundaries is it?

+Quote Post
Oricon
post Dec 7 2011, 01:33 AM
Post #15
bye dinner

I'm not asking her to use the same producer, I just hope RedOne has produced 1-2 tracks on her new album as I love his work with Gaga wub.gif

+Quote Post
jakee
post Dec 7 2011, 04:13 AM
Post #16
i thought you wore the hairpiece for style
Member No.: 47

QUOTE(Slick @ Dec 7 2011, 12:39 AM) *
She's probably trying to try new things. Using the same producer all the time isn't going to help her push boundaries is it?

Sorry mate but compare GaGa's early RedOne produced tracks to the most recent? 'Just Dance' to 'Scheiβe'. It speaks for itself.

Garibay SEEPS into the background in comparison.

+Quote Post
jark
post Dec 7 2011, 12:48 PM
Post #17
something you consider rare
Member No.: 2,990

They both do good stuff with her. Outside of Gaga, Garibay's output is mediocre but their songs together have a chemistry so of course they should continue collaborating. Judas is pretty poor objectively and Hair is not exactly loved (although I love it). Two RedOne songs would be quite enough for me I think. Anyway Garibay can do RedOne's 'sound' better than RedOne can nowadays! (see Bloody Mary)

+Quote Post
Slick
post Dec 7 2011, 02:10 PM
Post #18
electric butterflies
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Phaedrus Ráðúlfr @ Dec 7 2011, 04:13 AM) *
Sorry mate but compare GaGa's early RedOne produced tracks to the most recent? 'Just Dance' to 'Scheiβe'. It speaks for itself.

Garibay SEEPS into the background in comparison.

I'm saying using the same producer isn't going to take her anywhere new musically "mate", which is surely what someone like GaGa should be doing. The fact that she and RedOne can come up with good songs for two different albums isn't really relevant. If she wants to progress, she would naturally (as the original post said) be using RedOne less and exploring different avenues.

+Quote Post
Oricon
post Dec 7 2011, 02:48 PM
Post #19
bye dinner

Then again using Garibay again and again isn't going to progress her either..

+Quote Post
Slick
post Dec 7 2011, 03:04 PM
Post #20
electric butterflies
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Oricon @ Dec 7 2011, 02:48 PM) *
Then again using Garibay again and again isn't going to progress her either..

Touche! (With the acute e that I can never find.)

+Quote Post

70 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 02:48 PM