BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
10 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Sweden (Melodifestivalen) · Eurovision Song Contest 2024, Marcus & Martinus - Unforgettable
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Aaron.
post 1st December 2023, 11:17 PM
Post #21
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 3,245

A few thoughts..

- Lisa Ajax, spotty history but I see there are some good writers here.
- I always adored Samir & Viktor and very much welcome them back.
- Can’t stand Liamoo or M&M
- I love that Cazzi Opeia sent something again, but she’s competing against herself (Jacqline) in this heat.
- Danny and Dotter probably both DTF already?
- ELECKTRA *.*

Smashing Into Pieces, Medina I’m excited for and I hope one of these two take out the win.

This post has been edited by Aaron.: 1st December 2023, 11:18 PM
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Last Dreamer
post 2nd December 2023, 07:29 AM
Post #22
Group icon
With Kristina in heart
User: 28,104

I listened some Lia Larsson songs on Youtube. Possibly young generations will like her Melodifestivalen entry.

+Quote this post
Iz 🌟
post 2nd December 2023, 11:27 AM
Post #23
Group icon
I'm a paragon so don't perceive me
User: 12,929

I've just seen that SCARLET are tailor-made for me

hype

+Quote this post
JosephBoone
post 3rd December 2023, 12:18 AM
Post #24
Group icon
you never forget your first time...
Pronouns: he/him
User: 13,530

Marcus & Martinus again cheeseblock.png

+Quote this post
Aaron.
post 25th January 2024, 04:23 PM
Post #25
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

OMG OMG OMG

+Quote this post
Silas
post 25th January 2024, 07:06 PM
Post #26
Group icon
Queen of Soon
User: 3,474

I am so f***ing excited for next week!!!! A*Teens reunion live 🤯

+Quote this post
Aaron.
post 25th January 2024, 07:43 PM
Post #27
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

I’m at the point now where I’ve asked for a few days off next week. I’ve never seen Melfest in person, but A*Teens took it over the line for me. It would be the craziest few days and expensive as hell.

All of it for the A*Teens likely to be on stage singing Waterloo for 40 seconds. I’m sure their performance ties more in with ABBA versus their previous work. But I would die if we got a montage of their hits.

+Quote this post
Silas
post 25th January 2024, 08:03 PM
Post #28
Group icon
Queen of Soon

Hahahaha flights to Copenhagen are easier to find than Malmö wink.gif

I’m staying in Copenhagen as well and just getting the train over the Oresund for Molly and then the day after for MelFest

+Quote this post
Aaron.
post 25th January 2024, 09:10 PM
Post #29
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

That's actually very helpful, thank you.
Realistically from where I am, my options are to fly direct into London and take a flight to Stockholm and the train to Malmo.
There are no direct flights from where I am to Stockholm, so the connecting flight was Frankfurt and from here to Stockholm.

It would be so tight for me! I would literally be heading to the airport this time next week to make it work.
I wouldn't do this for anyone else but the A*Teens. I'm just so disappointed it's so last minute.. I'm hoping I can make it work.

+Quote this post
gooddelta
post 25th January 2024, 09:16 PM
Post #30
Group icon
Hello?
User: 116

If you fly into London, I'd recommend flying direct from London to Copenhagen to save time. The train to Malmö from Stockholm is very long (five hours each way maybe), but Malmo is only half an hour over the Oresund bridge, direct from Copenhagen airport.

Gah, would love to get the time off but I can't next week. Enjoy if you do get to go! Hopefully it won't just be a one-off and they'll do some gigs later in the year.

+Quote this post
Aaron.
post 25th January 2024, 09:28 PM
Post #31
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

You both are amazing - thank you. Actually, looking at this again I think you are right.
I would either do Canada -> London -> Copenhagen or the flight from Canada to Frankfurt to Copenhagen (Frankfurt is the layover).

I'm thinking this is a one-off (hoping for a 2025 Melfest Entry) as Sara is pregnant!
I've hijacked this topic enough with my travel thoughts but thank you both. I'm still 50/50 but this ticks off two bucket list items for me.

+Quote this post
Silas
post 25th January 2024, 09:35 PM
Post #32
Group icon
Queen of Soon

You’re west right? Is Vancouver a realistic start point for you? If so Icelandair is also a viable option with a stop in Reykjavik and then on to Copenhagen. Or as Rich says London on to Copenhagen. Either BA the whole way on that, or see what AirFrance/KLM offers via CDG/AMS. All the big European airlines will connect you directly to Copenhagen and avoid the need to trek down from Stockholm (unless you wanna do Stockholm as part of your trip! In which case f*** the train, fly Ryanair. One way from Stockholm to Malmo on the 2nd of Feb is 170 SEK without baggage etc which is 17€ or 22 CAD according to google)

+Quote this post
Aaron.
post 25th January 2024, 09:51 PM
Post #33
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

Yes (I'm in Alberta). Calgary would be my starting point, I don't mind connecting via Toronto but would like to avoid if I can.
I did find that I would have a layover in Toronto before Denmark (on the Iceland route), it was also more expensive - but actually Toronto to Copenhagen did have a decent direct flight! However, connecting on return.

+Quote this post
Silas
post 25th January 2024, 10:12 PM
Post #34
Group icon
Queen of Soon

Aaah I’m in totally the wrong province! KLM however are a viable bet on a one stop from YYC, you just connect at AMS and that’s a really nice airport to connect through. Frankfurt is a same terminal connection as well as they tend to keep the Lufthansa family all in one terminal. Heathrow will mean a terminal change tho if you come in on AirCanada or WestJet so you’ll need a really good layover for that to actually make it through - especially because it’s passport control and security. Whereas usually at AMS and Frankfurt you don’t do security on connections

I won’t lie. Planning flights is one of my favourite pastimes. It’s so relaxing 🤣

+Quote this post
Aaron.
post 26th January 2024, 12:58 AM
Post #35
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

Thank you both so much again - today has been exciting. I think the reality of needing to be on a plane this time next week has sunk in. It would be very tight and a little disruptive. If A*Teens were an actual entry this year, I would drop everything. I'm so excited about their reunion but think I'll have to watch from home. I also would be working all day, so that flight from Calgary -> Frankfurt -> Copenhagen I think I would have been up for 36 hours and I cannot sleep while flying.

I committed to be more spontaneous this year, but, that's a bit spontaneous for me laugh.gif This would have ticked off two bucket list items for me, but the unknown of what they're doing is enough for me to give this a pass. I likely think it's just tied into Abba and as much as I need an Upside Down/Halfway Around The World/Closer To Perfection medley, I don't think that's what we are about to get.

But thank you both so much again. I had a heads up this may be coming and I'm so excited. Sorry for derailing the topic with Travel Plans - but you were both so helpful.

However, I can still take time off work. I'm thinking of taking that time in March for the Final. Ticketmaster has been difficult to see what tickets are left, but I do see some VIP Tickets are still available (I think I want 18+ tho laugh.gif or the actual VIP Package with the decent seats, food etc.) has anyone been to a Final recently that has any recommendations?

This post has been edited by Aaron.: 26th January 2024, 01:00 AM

+Quote this post
Aaron.
post 26th January 2024, 01:35 AM
Post #36
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

Scandipop confirmed A*Teens will sing a medley of their own songs AND Abba covers.
Edit: there are rehearsal videos of A*Teens floating around and it looks like they’re getting ready to perform Floorfiller

This post has been edited by Aaron.: 26th January 2024, 05:59 PM

+Quote this post
gooddelta
post 26th January 2024, 09:32 AM
Post #37
Group icon
Hello?
User: 116

QUOTE(Aaron. @ Jan 26 2024, 12:58 AM) *
However, I can still take time off work. I'm thinking of taking that time in March for the Final. Ticketmaster has been difficult to see what tickets are left, but I do see some VIP Tickets are still available (I think I want 18+ tho laugh.gif or the actual VIP Package with the decent seats, food etc.) has anyone been to a Final recently that has any recommendations?

I last went to the final in 2017 (and a heat in 2019), we were seated right at the back and the sound in the arena was a bit echoey as it's a vast cavern of a place, but still an amazing atmosphere.

Jahq I think goes on a more regular basis!

+Quote this post
Aaron.
post 1st February 2024, 01:14 PM
Post #38
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

Heat 1 Clips are out!

Adam Woods: not for me but sure sounds like a belter.
Samir & Viktor sounds great - hoping for a big performance (and a bit of nakedness)
Melina Borglowe: no thank you.
Elisa Lindstrom what in the early 00s pop song. Love this so camp.
Lisa Ajax: I don’t like this at all. She needs to serve like she did on I Don’t Give…
Smash Into Pieces: very good.

Underwhelming heat actually? Lisa Ajax was a surprise disappointment. I think probably Smash Into Pieces/Adam Woods DTF and Lisa/Samir & Viktor AC but maybe Lisa won’t qualify at all.

GIVE US A*TEENS REHEARSAL FOOTAGE.

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 1st February 2024, 01:16 PM
Post #39
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
User: 10,139

Lisa’s song sounds… nice enough. Like I’d listen to it and enjoy it but it’s probably coming 5th here laugh.gif I was rooting for her breakthrough win moment but eh

+Quote this post
RobBot
post 1st February 2024, 05:44 PM
Post #40
Group icon
I'm in a vewy bad mood, Bwadley.
User: 7,117

QUOTE(Liаm @ Feb 1 2024, 01:16 PM) *
Lisa’s song sounds… nice enough. Like I’d listen to it and enjoy it but it’s probably coming 5th here laugh.gif I was rooting for her breakthrough win moment but eh

I mean, she's like 6 months pregnant so it's probably for the best that it's not a breakthrough win moment laugh.gif

+Quote this post

10 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 28th April 2024, 12:01 AM