BuzzJack

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)
If you have forgotten your password and a recovery email has not arrived, please click here to send us an email.

Latest Artist News
51 Pages V  « < 49 50 51  
This thread is locked.Create a new thread
> Geri Halliwell • General Discussion
Track this thread | Email this thread | Print this thread | Download this thread | Subscribe to this forum
Mr.X
post 28th September 2023, 05:31 PM
Post #1001
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 39,587

Moby Dick, I know a lot of people have issues with Geri, but hun you do need to back off and get some perspective in the shite you write here. This is not healthy...
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
dancinqueen
post 29th September 2023, 08:40 AM
Post #1002
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 95,682

Geri might be.. Geri. But she always comes up with something new. She might not be successful all the time, but let’s not forget: four #1s and an almost #1 with Look At Me. The second best selling solo Spice with her debut. She acted, wrote books, did documentaries, DVDs, and made the image of the group. We all like to get all funny and make jokes, let’s not forget she’s a person and there’s a limit to everything. I was in Denden back then and I want to forget all the things that were said about Melanie C. Jokes are one thing, hating on someone is another.

+Quote this post
sammy01
post 29th September 2023, 03:02 PM
Post #1003
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 9,988

They have all achieved things in their solo careers, Geri was successful out the gate.

It is just with all of them now that 'success' is so minor or short lived it just isn't fun anymore to me as a consumer. Most projects or releases are pretty much dead after the first week these days.

+Quote this post
-Jay-
post 29th September 2023, 03:36 PM
Post #1004
Group icon
"Jayrusaleminians" - Umi.
Pronouns: he/him
User: 3,217

Michael aka Moby Dick, I know you’re having fun with these posts you’re making, but they’re likely not going to be fun for others to read… I’ll have to start deleting them if you continue with similar posts, it’s getting way too repetitive. I feel like it’s going to put people off reading and posting in this thread.

+Quote this post
Mr.X
post 2nd October 2023, 12:39 PM
Post #1005
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

Quick Q: is Geri still a member of the Kabbalah religious cult?

I've seen some pictures recently with her still using the red string wrist band that was popularised like 15 years ago or so...

+Quote this post
-Jay-
post 5th October 2023, 02:42 AM
Post #1006
Group icon

^ I noticed her wearing the red string during her new Vogue video too.

I enjoyed it even though of course we’ve seen her talk about the Union Jack dress many times. It was more interesting to see her comments on other Spice/solo outfits, some I don’t recall her passing comment on before. Towards the end, she acknowledges that she wears “a lot of white” and emphasises again how it “keeps things simple”.

Speaking of which, two different Geri interviews feature her being shown video messages from Mel B (filmed during the AGT red carpet) and in both videos Mel cheekily tells her to stop wearing white - and both times Geri doesn’t acknowledge that Mel said this. I wonder what state their friendship is in currently? Geri praises Mel in both videos. We know what Mel is like, and I personally think she’s being playful and treating Geri as she always would do, with upfront northern directness. But Geri doesn’t reciprocate the banter; pretending it’s not been said feels a tad awkward. I mean, I hope it doesn’t upset Geri. It’s certainly a quirk, one I don’t understand, but equally she’s not harming anybody.

+Quote this post
schizo_spice
post 5th October 2023, 11:03 AM
Post #1007
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 39,574

Mel B can be too blunt sometimes like with this and the constantly mocking Geri’s age.

I do feel like she takes it too far sometimes. I’m sure many will find her hilarious of course.

+Quote this post
Melancholia
post 5th October 2023, 11:06 AM
Post #1008
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 162,906

Geri knows what Mel is like, you can tell she just adores her and is used to it.

+Quote this post
dancinqueen
post 5th October 2023, 11:27 AM
Post #1009
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast

So glad she’s been talking again about monarchy, queens, and all those poor people. Thanks, Geri. Power to the people. I mean, (royal) people power.

+Quote this post
Mr.X
post 5th October 2023, 11:34 AM
Post #1010
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

wait... is the book about royalty??? spongebob.png

+Quote this post
dancinqueen
post 5th October 2023, 11:42 AM
Post #1011
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast

QUOTE(Mr.X @ Oct 5 2023, 11:34 AM) *
wait... is the book about royalty??? spongebob.png

There’s Queens and stuff like that involved. And she was inspired also by the Tudors.

+Quote this post
Mr.X
post 5th October 2023, 11:48 AM
Post #1012
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

when you think she couldnt go any lower....

+Quote this post
-Jay-
post 8th October 2023, 02:05 AM
Post #1013
Group icon

A fan brought along one of Geri’s 1998 tour stage costume along to her signing and she seemed quite perturbed by it! 🫢

+Quote this post
Rebel
post 8th October 2023, 05:23 AM
Post #1014
Group icon
BuzzJack Climber
User: 140,886

Someone also brought the Playboy book for her to sign…

+Quote this post
dancinqueen
post 8th October 2023, 06:50 AM
Post #1015
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast

That’s not Geri.
I knew it! The real Geri disappeared a while ago and they replaced her with this rich woman who always wears white. They did the same with Britney, Avril Lavigne, and so forth.

+Quote this post
sammy01
post 8th October 2023, 02:17 PM
Post #1016
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 9,988

QUOTE(-Jay- @ Oct 8 2023, 03:05 AM) *
A fan brought along one of Geri’s 1998 tour stage costume along to her signing and she seemed quite perturbed by it! 🫢

I think people have read this wrong. I think her reaction was probably more when you realise you have given away part of your life and history (I'm talking about the clothes she sold off/auctioned) than any feeling towards the '98 tour.

It must be hard to not want to take it back and say that is actually mine. I'm sure while these things are out of sight out of mind the regret is easy to ignore but when held in front of you a piece of your history someobe else owns must be a very odd feeling.

I'm sure deep down she wishes she had the union jack dress now too. She is never shy to talk about it and I bet she wishes she had it framed proudly at home.

+Quote this post
Rebel
post 8th October 2023, 06:16 PM
Post #1017
Group icon
BuzzJack Climber
User: 140,886

I remember pre- ROTSGT, she was reported trying to get Union Jack dress back for the tour but Hard Rock Cafe wouldn’t sell it back to her

+Quote this post
___∆___
post 9th October 2023, 10:36 AM
Post #1018
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 3,155

QUOTE(sammy01 @ Oct 8 2023, 03:17 PM) *
I think people have read this wrong. I think her reaction was probably more when you realise you have given away part of your life and history (I'm talking about the clothes she sold off/auctioned) than any feeling towards the '98 tour.

It must be hard to not want to take it back and say that is actually mine. I'm sure while these things are out of sight out of mind the regret is easy to ignore but when held in front of you a piece of your history someobe else owns must be a very odd feeling.

I'm sure deep down she wishes she had the union jack dress now too. She is never shy to talk about it and I bet she wishes she had it framed proudly at home.

This - I guess when you are at the height of your career and in the midst of Spice mania is easy to lose track of things that might be sentimental/iconic in years to come.

I’m sure at the time she was happy for things to go for competitions and charity but now in hindsight wish that she had kept some.

+Quote this post

51 Pages V  « < 49 50 51
This thread is locked.Create a new thread

2 user(s) reading this thread
+ 2 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 24th September 2024, 01:03 PM