BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Popcaan 'Ova Dweet'
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Cremey
post May 1 2016, 03:56 PM
Post #1
Group icon
on a bench in coney island
User: 4,089
After recently featuring on AlunaGeorge's 'I'm in Control' and Drake's 'Controlla' (although cruelly being cut for the album version :'( ), Popcaan has released a new single of his own, 'Ova Dweet'. I'd say it's by far the most pop focused song he's released so far and can see it being one of the songs of the summer for me heart.gif

He has the potential to be absolutely huge, would love him to really break though properly. Obviously these high profile features will be doing wonders for raising his profile.

Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
mdh
post May 1 2016, 04:00 PM
Post #2
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 22,776
This is GREAT heart.gif

I really do hope this does well, I can see Radio 1 getting behind this, it gives me 'Come Ova' vibes which they ate up in 2014. It's great to see the Jamaican/Reggae influence so big at the moment - One Dance has serious influences in it and I keep hearing Boom everywhere - plus the huge success of Sean Paul this year goes without saying. Anyway, I really do hope this does well.

+Quote this post
jakee
post May 2 2016, 11:59 AM
Post #3
Group icon
i thought you wore the hairpiece for style
Pronouns: ·
User: 47
massive tune

in a similar vein i'm also loving the track vybz kartel has put out with zj liquid:

<3

+Quote this post
ML Hammer95
post May 2 2016, 12:35 PM
Post #4
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 21,265
Popcaan has been bubbling under for years - he's also featured on Kisses For Breakfast, I Know There's Gonna Be (Good Times) and the Freak Of The Week Remix alongside the aforementioned AlunaGeorge and Drake collabs. Always seen him as just needing one breakthrough song (similar to Krept & Konan last year).

I don't think this is it though. Catchy certainly, but not accessible enough for a chart smash in my opinion. I'm happy to be proved wrong since this is current and on trend. It's worth mentioning that, for all the dancehall influenced hits of the last twelve months, it has been limited to guest verses and beats mainly.

Although if a dancehall song would crossover, the time is now!

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 05:42 PM