BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> F1 2020 Driver's Rate Results
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Mack.
post Dec 4 2020, 02:31 PM
Post #1
Group icon
It's still will be the return of the Mack 4eva
User: 12,915
xx Lewis Hamilton
xx Valtteri Bottas
xx Sebastian Vettel
xx Charles Leclerc
xx Max Verstappen
xx Alexander Albon
xx Lando Norris
xx Carlos Sainz Jr
xx Daniel Ricciardo
xx Esteban Ocon
xx Pierre Gasly
xx Danill Kvyat
xx Sergio Perez
xx Lance Stroll
xx Nico Hulkenberg
xx Kimi Raikkonen
xx Antonio Giovanazzi
xx Romain Grosjean
xx Kevin Magnussen
xx George Russell
xx Nicholas Latifi

You have rated the class of 2020. All of the commentary has been completed.

During the next week or so, I'll be counting down the results on who you have voted as your driver of F1 2020.

Enjoy.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Mack.
post Dec 4 2020, 02:38 PM
Post #2
Group icon
newdown.png 5 21ST:

ROMAIN GROSJEAN

definitely time to hang the helmet up, has overstayed his welcome in the sport with a number of poor seasons recently. once a solid driver at lotus, now a bit of a liability that is hogging a seat in the sport. has generally been quite far off his teammate's pace too
Erratic and occasionally dangerous to be near. Haas can do better, Grosjean had potential once but should have retired a few years back

Just retire please. A shame to F1.
Past his prime.

nothing. noteworthy. at. all)
Note to any team in Formula E, IndyCar, World Endurance Series, you will require a lot of spare parts if you hire him

+Quote this post
Mack.
post Dec 4 2020, 02:56 PM
Post #3
Group icon
newdown.png 10 20TH:

KEVIN MAGNUSSEN

more dependable than his teammate but still underwhelming. capable of the odd standout performance but always carries the risk of an overly-aggressive move. another one who needs to up his game
Really very ordinary, more stable than his team mate but rarely impresses

same as Grosjean. It's embarrassing to see him in F1.
No

flashes of brilliance, would love to see him in something vaguely competitive - always seemed one of the more feisty drivers
Ditto to Grosjean

+Quote this post
Dobbo
post Dec 7 2020, 09:55 AM
Post #4
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 20,053
I wonder if those Grosjean comments would be different following his Bahrain crash...

Not surprised to see the Haas drivers at the bottom though (although both below Latifi really?) don't think they'll really be missed next season!

+Quote this post
Severin
post Dec 7 2020, 06:34 PM
Post #5
Group icon
Mansonette
User: 9,872
Not sure about that but possibly. Whilst it hasn't changed my opinion on his driving, I have really warmed to him as an individual. That interview with Brundle in Bahrain was quite something to hear.

+Quote this post
Bjork
post Dec 8 2020, 11:10 AM
Post #6
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 22,665
same
actually think Latifi is worst

+Quote this post
Silas
post Dec 8 2020, 01:35 PM
Post #7
Group icon
Queen of Soon
User: 3,474
My comment remains the same, it is time for him to retire but I wish that it had been under better circumstances as he deserves that much and at his peak was a brilliant, if slightly hazardous, driver

The only thing I would change in a post-Bahrain double header world is to drop Hamiltons score further. Sunday just rammed home for me that he is a bang average driver flattered by an overly dominant car

+Quote this post
Juranamo
post Dec 8 2020, 01:46 PM
Post #8
Group icon
"Everything seems different the second time around."
User: 5,830
I guess Grosjean has done something noteworthy this year (now). Unfortunately, he has been a dreadful driver in recent years (and outperformed by, the not exactly acclaimed, Magnussen).

My comments wouldn't change, but I do hope he gets the chance to finish F1 on a high: be that via a Merc testing opportunity, or a reserve driver fill-in!

+Quote this post
Mack.
post Dec 8 2020, 03:28 PM
Post #9
Group icon
newdown.png 10 19TH:

VALTTERI BOTTAS

the perfect wing-man but also underperforming when factoring in his car. only time he comes close to lewis is in quali. poor racecraft and poor in wheel-to-wheel combat. only comfortable when leading from the front
Has the occasional fast lap within him but it's never enough to realistically challenge Hamilton and he can't keep it up over a race distance. And being outqualified by Verstappen at Sochi was embarrssing

Biggest disappointment of the season. With such car and such poor results. A F1 driver that is bad at passing cars and hasn't mastered it yet has no place in Mercedes.
Has yet to take advantage of the incredible car he's been gifted. only has his seat because he isn't good enough to give the golden goose a fight. That outburst on the radio the other month was embarrassing.

Valtterified of aggression Bottas

+Quote this post
Mack.
post Dec 8 2020, 03:32 PM
Post #10
Group icon
newne.png 17TH=

NICHOLAS LAFITI

has proven to be a bit more capable than i had initially expected and put in some solid if unspectacular drives. deserving of his seat even though he is still some way off the pace of his teammate in general
He gets a 6 as he's been unremarkable for good or bad and anything else seems harsh. Also can't tell if the disparity between his and Russell's qualifying is down to Russell being great, his lack of experience in the team, or a lack of ability.

Always outshined by Russell, same car meaning Latifi is not doing a good job.
Has he accomplished anything?

Unremarkable, anonymous

+Quote this post
Mack.
post Dec 8 2020, 03:40 PM
Post #11
Group icon
newdown.png 8 17TH=

ALEXANDER ALBON

difficult to rate as the entire team is suited to max which leaves this "#2 seat" a completely poisoned chalice. that said he's never even been close in quali & has made too many mistakes in races this season. super unlucky though as could & should have had 2 podiums and possibly even a win by now
A good driver struggling with a poor car. If he could sort out his qualifying set up he would look so much better as his race performances aren't that bad.

I would move him down to Alfa Tauri without a second thought. <doesn't deserve the seat.
Career gets shorter ever race he participates in

The number two driver of Red Bull is a poisoned chalice. Made too many mistakes this season. Has had golden opportunities but not taken advantage of them. Is an relegation to Alpha Tauri inevitable?

+Quote this post
Mack.
post Dec 8 2020, 03:44 PM
Post #12
Group icon
newup.png 1 16TH:

ANTONIO GIOVANAZZI

By virtue of having two 5s

disappointing so far this season. has made a handful of driver errors and just when he was starting to get on top of his veteran teammate he's slipped back behind in recent races. needs to improve and quickly to retain his seat imo
He's ok but will be lucky to keep his seat next year, especially with Mick Schumacher lurking

Another disappointing driver. Not sure if he deserves a seat in F1. Hasn't proved anything.
Who?

Crashes a lot, unremarkable.

+Quote this post
Mack.
post Dec 8 2020, 03:50 PM
Post #13
Group icon
newdown.png 9 15TH:

SEBASTIAN VETTEL

By virtue of having one 7

hard to rank as he's completely fallen out with his team so this season for sure isn't a true reflection. but he's been on a constant downward spiral since mid-2018 and was comprehensively beaten by leclerc last year. class is permanent yes but how many times has he spun in the past 3 years?
I don't doubt his desire, he's clearly still making an effort but he's always been suspect in traffic and the current Ferrari is doing him no favours. Being partnered with one of the best drivers on the grid is also making things worse. The longer this goes on the more it looks like those four titles were down to the car and not him. If he is bested by Stroll next year he needs to walk away from F1 fast.

Why Ferrari is not firing him and having him replaced? his mind is not there. Just replace him
yes the car is dogshit, but Vettel is on another level of shit this year.

Where has he been this season? Will the real Sebastian Vettel please stand up? Looks a shadow of his former self. If he loses to Stroll next season that's surely it for him. Until Turkey, one of the worst driver in a Ferrari this season I've seen.

+Quote this post
Dobbo
post Dec 8 2020, 04:57 PM
Post #14
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
These results laugh.gif

Bottas below Latifi, okay.

Vettel being ranked entirely on this season it seems. Short memories!

I'd have to say Albon's position is probably about right though unfortunately.

+Quote this post
RabbitFurCoat
post Dec 8 2020, 05:29 PM
Post #15
Group icon
IncredibleSquirrel
User: 118
I did look at this but didn't get round to voting in it, I think it's generally about right based on this years performances, though I don't think Bottas has been that bad there's no one left that's been better. I'd probably swap with Vettel who has been appalling.

+Quote this post
Severin
post Dec 8 2020, 06:56 PM
Post #16
Group icon
Mansonette
User: 9,872
Bottas is definitely too low. Sure he's had a bad run of races (and luck) and has certainly underperformed in races this year but he's still out-qualified Hamilton 4 times and isn't far from the 3rd worst driver across the season.

Bump him up above everyone so far and we're about right.

I don't think memories are that short on Vettel. Personally, he was always overrated and has been dodgy for several years now.

I'd put Kvyat, Ocon and Stroll imminently (and in that order)

+Quote this post
Bjork
post Dec 8 2020, 07:18 PM
Post #17
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 22,665
Vettel has been buying awful, actually think it should be lower

but of course we're only counting this year, it's the year's rate , not an all-time rate

+Quote this post
Dobbo
post Dec 9 2020, 09:26 AM
Post #18
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
I interpreted it as a general rate of the 2020 grid because at the time the rate went up we'd only had half the season.

I do think Vettel's time is up now though. Even last season with an illegally quick Ferrari he only won one race (and that was 100% down to strategy). But his dominance at Red Bull, particularly in 2013, was on par with Hamilton & Mercedes now. Everyone (myself included) thought it would be him breaking all of Schumacher's records before the hybrid era put pay to that!

This post has been edited by Dobby Helms: Dec 9 2020, 09:26 AM

+Quote this post
Mack.
post Dec 17 2020, 04:16 PM
Post #19
Group icon
newne.png 14TH:

ESTEBAN OCON

By virtue of having one 7

his been a little disappointing with all the fanfare and the fact a lot of people thought he should have taken bottas' merc seat last year. but he has had a year out so must factor that in. hasn't really pushed to threaten ric this season but if he then loses to a 41-year old alonso next season questions must be asked
I've honestly never got the fuss about him. Never seen anything to suggest he's in the sport long term.

One of disappointments of the season. Kinda had this memory of him being great but he hasn't shown it this season and Ricciardo has constantly put him to shame. Not great at passing cars either, a bit like Bottas part 2.
At this point I'm starting to wonder what, beyond being French, qualifies him for the Renault/Alpine seat

Disappointing, unremarkable, French connection of why he is still at Renault/Alpine.

+Quote this post
Mack.
post Dec 17 2020, 04:20 PM
Post #20
Group icon

newup.png 7 13TH:

LANCE STROLL

By virtue of having two 7s

has impressed myself & many doubters this season. now he's in a stronger car he hasn't looked out of his depth and has earned his seat. still elements of his racecraft to improve upon but easy to forget he's still one of the youngest on the grid
Whatever decision his father makes should not be held against Lance. He's improved greatly in the last 12 months. I'm still undecided on how good he may be but he's learning and he's beginning to show real potential at times.

Still don't think he's that great. He can't pass cars either. He's just lucky to be in a pseudo-Mercedes
talentless no mark only in f1 because daddy has money.

Now seeing why is in F1 just, only him could lead the first 36 laps and then end up a minute behind. Still makes mistakes. Improving slowly.

+Quote this post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 06:51 AM