BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Buzzjack Movie Awards 2010 - Results, Happening Now | Come Comment & More Revealed!
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
UltraCruelSummer
post Nov 5 2017, 09:40 PM
Post #21
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.
User: 20,947
BEST DIRECTOR: part 2.

01. Toy Story 3 – Lee Unkrich (6,1)
02. Inception – Christopher Nolan (5,1)
03. Kick Ass – Matthew Vaughn (0,7)
04. The Town – Ben Affleck (0,2)
05. The Social Network – David Fincher (0,0)

So just snatching this award is Lee Unkrich meaning that we have a director of an animation winning for the 2nd year in a row! ohmy.gif As I’ve stated many times, TS3 is one of my favourite films ever so I’m really happy it won here <3 This means just missing out on the win by one vote is Christopher Nolan who was famously snubbed at the Oscars for his direction of Inception! Could he win in 2008 with The Dark Knight or will he be stopped by another Pixar film or something else?!

Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post Nov 5 2017, 09:58 PM
Post #22
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 5,042
Really surprised at that Princess & The Frog win for Best Voice Performance. ohmy.gif

Slightly surprised at Lee winning director too! ohmy.gif I knew he'd be the closest to toppling Christopher Nolan, but I didn't think he'd actually do it. Deserved enough though.

Fincher is my absolute fave, but as good as The Social Network is, it's not one of his best.

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post Nov 5 2017, 10:01 PM
Post #23
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.
BEST SUPPORTING ACTRESS

01. Kick Ass – Chloe Grace Moretz (5,1)
02. Easy A – Amanda Bynes (2,1)
03. Alice In Wonderland – Helena Bonham Carter (1,4)
04. Made In Dagenham – Rosamund Pike (1,2)
05. Grown Ups – Salma Hayek (1,0)
05. Scott Pilgrim vs. The World – Ellen Wong (1,0)
07. Shutter Island – Michelle Williams (0,2)

No point dragging the reveal out for this category! Jonjo was right here with his prediction of Chloe winning as Chloe completely storms this and wins her first Buzzjack Oscar (actually looking at the nominees, I think Rosamund is the only former winner here!). Chloe plays the iconic Hit-Girl in Kick Ass and gave an incredible performance so I’m glad to see her won despite just missing my top 3! Into 2nd is my fave performance in this category, the always wonderful Amanda Bynes (campaign for supporting actress nom for Hairpsray in 2007 starts here) who is fab in Easy-A and Helena Bonham Carter comes third by picking up many 2nd preference votes with her fab turn in Tim Burton’s adaptation of Alice In Wonderland. Rosamund, Salma & Ellen all picked up one first preference vote, the latter two’s only votes being from my fellow mods iirc. And the only actress to not pick up a 1st vote preference was Michelle Williams who was wonderful in Shutter Island and should have done way better here than she did 

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post Nov 5 2017, 10:03 PM
Post #24
Group icon
Yay! Best choice out of that lot! wub.gif Michelle Williams was good great in Shutter Island too!

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post Nov 5 2017, 10:08 PM
Post #25
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.
BEST SUPPORTING ACTOR: part 1.

03. Easy A – Penn Badgley (1,4)
04. The Town – Jeremy Renner (1,1)
05. Invictus – Matt Damon (0,1)

Matt Damon struggles to pick up any traction here as he fails to get a first preference vote for Invictus and comes one place lower than he did for The Martian! On the other hand, Jeremy Renner finishes 3 places higher than he did for American Hustle but didn’t pick up many votes here and finishes 4th like Affleck did in director. Damon & Renner were the only two here nominated for an Oscar! Easy A’s Penn Badgley finishes a place lower than co-star Amanda Bynes as he picks up a lot of 2nd preference votes but fails to dominate in first preference votes. He is great in Easy-A but I definitely prefer his fellow cast members!

Andrew v Nicholas. Who’s won?

+Quote this post
HarryBorelli
post Nov 5 2017, 10:21 PM
Post #26
Group icon
The Lady Said Go Home!
User: 20,835
Yes for the Chloe Grace Moretz win so deserved *.*

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post Nov 5 2017, 10:23 PM
Post #27
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.
BEST SUPPORTING ACTOR: part 2.

01. The Social Network – Andrew Garfield (4,3)
02. Kick Ass – Nicholas Cage (4,1)
03. Easy A – Penn Badgley (1,4)
04. The Town – Jeremy Renner (1,1)
05. Invictus – Matt Damon (0,1)

And in a very narrow victory, Andrew Garfield picked up the win for his breakout performance in The Social Network which he very nearly scored an Oscar nomination for! Andrew was winning this for ages but Nicholas gave him a good run for the win at the end but he just falls short and fails to join his co-star in winning the supporting category. This came down to 2nd preference votes in the end and is both actors first Buzzjack Oscars nomination, though I presume Andrew could finally follow up his win with a 2nd nom this year for Hacksaw Ridge or Breathe!

+Quote this post
Josh!
post Nov 5 2017, 10:24 PM
Post #28
Group icon
c:
User: 20,692
These results going so dreadfully for me so far sad.gif Like my top two in supporting actor ending up as the bottom two laugh.gif

Hopefully Andrew Garfield will win that category, that's actually an awards worthy performance compared to Nicholas Cage heehee.gif

Yay at the Anika Noni Rose win though, Princess & The Frog is such an underrated gem wub.gif

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post Nov 5 2017, 10:28 PM
Post #29
Group icon
Ahh. Correct top 3, but I slightly over estimated Easy A's potential fanbase on here ohmy.gif

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post Nov 5 2017, 10:30 PM
Post #30
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.
BEST ACTRESS: part 1.

04. The Blind – Sandra Bullock (1,2)
04. Winter’s Bone – Jennifer Lawrence (1,2)

First out of the very competitive 2010 Best Actress race are two former winners who have both scored many Buzzjack Oscar nominations (Jennifer is the joint most nominated actress with 6 and Sandra has 4). This is both actresses joint lowest finish (they came 4th witch Catching Fire & The Heat) but both Sandra & Jennifer scored a first preference vote and a couple of second preference votes! I’m actually shocked neither are top 3, I’ve still not since Winter’s Bone & I adore Sandra in The Blind Side and she deserved the Oscar for her performance.

Emma v Gabourey v Mary, who’s won?!

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post Nov 5 2017, 10:38 PM
Post #31
Group icon
Oh lmao! Well I predicted that completely wrong! After the other snubs, I'm not even sure if Emma's gonna win this category now tbh. She deserves too, but Sandra and J Law were both my 2nd and 3rd predictions! ohmy.gif

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post Nov 5 2017, 10:39 PM
Post #32
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.
BEST ACTRESS: part 2.

01. Easy A – Emma Stone (3,3)
02. Scott Pilgrim vs. The World – Mary Elizabeth Winstead (3,1)
03. Precious – Gabourey Sidibe (3,0)
04. The Blind – Sandra Bullock (1,2)
04. Winter’s Bone – Jennifer Lawrence (1,2)

In one of the closest races ever, all three actress scored the same amount of first preference votes but Emma wins her first Buzzjack Oscar (which’ll be followed by a 2nd for La La Land this year or I am resigning as mod) based on second preference votes! Olive is such an iconic and fab character & Emma gives a killer performance so I am so glad that she won this <3 In what would have been incredibly shocking, Mary Elizabeth Winstead nearly became a 2 time Best Actress winner but was denied just as she comes the closest for Scott Pilgrim winning an award tonight, will it get anything or go home empty handed? This means Gabourey Sidibe is the only actress in this category to never win now Emma triumphed for Easy A, I’m shocked Gabourey did so well considering the snub of Monique in supporting actress!

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post Nov 5 2017, 10:57 PM
Post #33
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.
BEST ACTOR

01. Kick Ass – Aaron Taylor-Johnson (5,2)
02. Scott Pilgrim vs. The World – Michael Cera (2,3)
03. The Social Network – Jesse Eisenberg (2,2)
04. Invictus – Morgan Freeman (1,1)
04. The Town – Ben Affleck (1,1)

Again no point dragging out the tension here as Jonjo was right in ATJ winning in a landslide! This also means Aaron is a 2x Buzzjack Oscars winner after he somehow picked up the win in supporting for Nocturnal Animals last year. My fave Aaron performance is definitely in Kick Ass and he is my favourite in this category so I’m glad he picked up the win, this is also Kick Ass’ 2nd win for acting tonight! Just behind with 2 first preference votes are Michael Cera & Jesse Eisenberg, the latter being nominated for the actual Oscar, I’m actually surprised Cera didn’t give ATJ a closer run for his money. This means that as with the other male acting category, the Invictus & The Town stars are in the bottom two as Affleck repeats the same position he came in director (which is also the same place The Town has came in every category so far!) and Freeman is great in Invictus & I’m glad he got nominated *.*

+Quote this post
HarryBorelli
post Nov 5 2017, 11:00 PM
Post #34
Group icon
The Lady Said Go Home!
Not Josh shading Nicolas Cage in Kick Ass sad.gif

Good best sctor and actress wins.

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post Nov 5 2017, 11:05 PM
Post #35
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.
BEST PICTURE: part 1.

06. The Blind Side (1,0)
07. Knight & Day (0,2)
08. Shrek Forever After (0,1)
08. The Town (0,1)
10. Despicable Me (0,0)

And the Minions hatred continues cry.gif DM was my 3rd choice here and really deserved better than it got, a classic animation *.* Into joint 8th we have the Shrek franchise continuing to struggle, will 2007 fare it better?, and The Town heavily underperforming considering its nominations around the board. Into 7th is Knight & Day which is the only film here to score its sole nomination in picture but unlike most films that fall into that category, it actually picked up two second place preference votes so I’d call that a success tbh. And just missing out on the top 5 is ACTUAL Best Picture nominees The Blind Side which is fab and I’m glad to see it appreciated here <3

5 films to go! Could Easy-A, Kick Ass or Toy Story 3 win another award tonight? Or will Harry Potter or Scott Pilgrim sweep in and take the big prize despite winning nothing else ohmy.gif

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post Nov 5 2017, 11:09 PM
Post #36
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.
BEST PICTURE: part 2.

01. Toy Story 3 (3,4)
02. Kick Ass (3,0)
03. Harry Potter & The Deathly Hallows pt. 1 (2,1)
04. Easy A (1,1)
04. Scott Pilgrim vs. The World (1,1)
06. The Blind Side (1,0)
07. Knight & Day (0,2)
08. Shrek Forever After (0,1)
08. The Town (0,1)
10. Despicable Me (0,0)

And Toy Story 3 does it, taking its win tally up to four for tonight I think *.* A masterpiece and a film, so so deserving and the 2nd Pixar film in a row to take Best Pic (3rd so far I think as I know Inside Out definitely won as well)! However it only just beats Kick Ass as both films scored the same amount of first preference but Toy Story 3 rules by miles on the 2nd preference votes! I’m actually shocked how well Kick Ass has done, I thought that and Scott Pilgrim would’ve had their fortunes swapped around ohmy.gif Anyway Harry Potter continues to randomly do really well in the Picture & Script categories despite them still making no impact in any other category and I was expecting Easy A/Scott Pilgrim to receive more love here than they actually received but both make the top 5!

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post Nov 5 2017, 11:11 PM
Post #37
Group icon
Ooh. Glad my predictions were right for both of those categories!

I think it's TS3 to lose. Harry Potter will put up a fight but I feel like the 2nd part might have had an actual chance if it was released over it instead.

Edit: ooh yay! Tbh, I'm just happy the Shrek stans had no say ����

+Quote this post
Josh!
post Nov 5 2017, 11:17 PM
Post #38
Group icon
c:
User: 20,692
These results being such a mess sad.gif I've said my thoughts on Toy Story before but I'm not the biggest fan of Easy A either and don't remember much about Kick Ass. Pretty much nothing went my way here tonight laugh.gif

Thanks for hosting Sam!! Sorry I couldn't be around for most of the results sad.gif

+Quote this post
HarryBorelli
post Nov 7 2017, 12:18 AM
Post #39
Group icon
The Lady Said Go Home!
Yay Toy Story 3 well deserved cheer.gif

Thanks for this Sam!!

+Quote this post
Long Dong Silver
post Nov 7 2017, 12:23 AM
Post #40
Group icon
Buffy/Charmed
User: 18,639
Surprising results!! ohmy.gif

Didn't realise these were happenin on Sunday

+Quote this post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 02:06 PM