BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Conor's Ranking of Taylor Swifts discography
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
conorw
post 26th November 2023, 11:28 PM
Post #1
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Pronouns: he/him
User: 137,667

ok so im finalising my ranking as of now, but to motivate myself to finish im posting this so i have no choice but to do it lol. I am including remixes when it includes another artist ie karma ft ice spice or lover ft shawn mendes, but i'm not including accoustic or dance remixes. ive also tried to make sure i include all the songs shes featured on and ones not on albums but im not 100% sure if ive got them all tearsmile.gif. ill give it a go. and im using obvs using the taylors version as the rankings lol. give me a few days to finish my ranking and ill kick this off!
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
...ready for it
post 27th November 2023, 02:37 AM
Post #2
Group icon
I'm not asleep, my mind is alive.
Pronouns: she/her
User: 1,454

Sounds good!

+Quote this post
conorw
post 28th November 2023, 05:40 PM
Post #3
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

ive got my ranking almost done, im just going through it top to bottom to see if i need to adjust any bits! should start soon

+Quote this post
conorw
post 28th November 2023, 10:36 PM
Post #4
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

whilst i finalise the songs, heres my album ranking:

+Quote this post
conorw
post 28th November 2023, 10:38 PM
Post #5
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

10: Taylor Swift

i dont think there was anywhere else to put this tbh. dont get me wrong, i love debut, but its easily her weakest album as a whole, despite having 3 of her best songs on it! Surprisingly, though the rest are almost equally on par, so picking a least fave was a challenge, most albums have one or two that i easily pick for this spot!

fave song: Should've Said No (close second: Cold as You, STay Beautiful)
least fave: Tied Together with a Smile

+Quote this post
conorw
post 28th November 2023, 10:41 PM
Post #6
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

9: Fearless

I think with the rankings, its not that i dont like these albums, its purely just everything above it i like more, or is objectively better. Fearless was her big break, but despite having some major highlights, it is also home to a lot of 'fillery' tracks in her discography, and also her weakest vault to date.

fave song: You're Not Sorry
least fave: Untouchable

+Quote this post
conorw
post 28th November 2023, 10:43 PM
Post #7
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

8: folklore

If i posted this anywhere else on the internet, twitter and tiktok swifties would probably send me death threats. now folklore, is a stunning album. I adore folklore... i just adore everything above it a little bit more!

fave track: my tears ricochet
least fave: hoax

+Quote this post
conorw
post 28th November 2023, 10:44 PM
Post #8
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

7: Speak Now

The Taylor's Version really helped this climb above folklore tbh. I like Speak Now a lot, but the vault (bar electric touch) was a great addition, and it sounded so much better with her new vocals and production, really letting me give speak now the respect it deserves.

Fave song: I Can See You (basically tied with Haunted and Better Than Revenge)
least fave: Electric Touch

+Quote this post
conorw
post 28th November 2023, 10:47 PM
Post #9
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

6: 1989

This was her big pop moment and her first peak, and also the era of my childhood. primary school discos with shake it off and blank space fill my memories! 1989 is her most easy to listen to, its good for almost every occasion, and just a perfect easy listening album

fave song(s): Say Don't Go, Clean, You Are In Love
least fave: Suburban Legends

+Quote this post
conorw
post 28th November 2023, 10:51 PM
Post #10
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

5: Midnights

Midnights was the first era i experienced from start to finish as a proper swiftie, i was a casual listner during rep and lover (tbf i was like 11-14 during those so didnt have an established music taste) and crazily, drifted away from Taylor over lockdown. Red tv was the album that brought be back and made me a full blown obsessed fan. So midnights has a special place in my heart for being my first new era to experience. its also special in how i couldnt easily pick a favourite. Most albums i have one clear favourite but no it changed every week (see my personal chart, between oct-jan 5 songs made #1 lol)

fave song: The Great War
least fave: Labryinth

+Quote this post
conorw
post 28th November 2023, 10:54 PM
Post #11
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

4: evermore

I first listened to evermore straight after red tv in 2021, and now both have cemented themselves as the albums i listen to every autumn! and each time i go back to it a new song stands out to me. currently, that is cowboy like me! I just love the storytelling, lyrics, and general vibe of evermore. its so homely and will forever remind me of my favourite orange flannel time of year:

fave song: right where you left me
least fave: happiness

+Quote this post
conorw
post 28th November 2023, 10:57 PM
Post #12
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

3: Lover

This top 3 is tied in my eyes. But for the sake of a ranking i've done just that. Lover. i love it. its such a perfect album! i love how chaotic it is, and it encapsulates all types of love! Its also easy listening, it just does that job a little better than 1989!

fave song: Death By A Thousand Cuts
least fave: It's Nice To Have A Friend

+Quote this post
conorw
post 28th November 2023, 10:59 PM
Post #13
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

2: reputation

In all ways, reputation is my #1. The only reason its not, is because a. it doesnt house her objectively best song (all too well 10mv) and b. red tv was the album that made me a full swiftie so its taken the edge. On the outside reputation is a nasty, bitter angry album. but when you delve in, its fragile, and emotional. I feel like this encapsulates me as a whole! i cannot wait for rep tv.

fave song: Call It What You Want
least fave: So It Goes...

+Quote this post
conorw
post 28th November 2023, 11:02 PM
Post #14
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

and 1: Red

as ive already mentioned, Red TV was the album that turned me into a swiftie over night. I remember waking up on the 12th November 2021 and downloading it to my spotify account because i heard some girls talking about it at school. i skipped my first period and took a longer walk to school to listen to the whole thing. and instantly, i was a taylor swift fan, i became obsessed! For that reason alone, it deserves to be my #1. on top of that, the autumnal vibe, the incredible songs, ugh i just love love love it!

fave song: Red & All Too Well (10)
least fave: Run

+Quote this post
conorw
post 28th November 2023, 11:03 PM
Post #15
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

and thats that! i'll finalise the ranking asap and start that either tomorrow or thursday!

+Quote this post
conorw
post 29th November 2023, 06:43 PM
Post #16
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

Ok so I had excluded you’re losing me because even though it was up in my top 10 it wasn’t widely available, but now it’s out on Spotify so let me cram it in somewhere before I post this lmao

+Quote this post
conorw
post 30th November 2023, 11:10 PM
Post #17
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

lets gooo! ill go in lots of 5 for the time being

in total ive ranked 229 songs, including features. ive also included remixes where a new artist is featured, but not included accoustic or dance remixes. her christmas ep was counted, but not her beautiful eyes one since it isnt available on spotify. and ive also added in youre losing me following its release on spotify!

make your predictions for what the #1 will be!

+Quote this post
conorw
post 30th November 2023, 11:12 PM
Post #18
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

#229: McCavity (From "Cats") - Taylor Swift

what can i say, its horrendous kink.gif cats in general is a rubbish film, and i am a firm believer that she only did it cos of her love of cats lmao. the other cats song isnt awful, but its not much better either. this really is the worst of the worst

#228: Two Is Better Than One - BOYS LIKE GIRLS feat. Taylor Swift

have to give it to this her, she took it from a 0/10 to a 0.5 /10. The guys voice is soooo bad and he tries to outsing her so much.

#227: Electric Touch (Taylor's Version) (From The Vault) - Taylor Swift feat. Fall Out Boy

same as above, this song is ruined by FOB, his whiny voice makes it unlistenable for me. idk why i just hate his voice and how he sings, especially the falsetto bit over the last chorus tearsmile.gif

#226: Silent Night - Taylor Swift

baby taylor's cover of the religious song, she tried to make it hers by changing the melody but it just doesnt really work tbh

ok these ones ill leave just to get it to a round number and then upwards will be in groups of 5

+Quote this post
conorw
post 30th November 2023, 11:14 PM
Post #19
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

side note, i will put videos but for now you dont need to hear these ones lmao

+Quote this post
...ready for it
post 1st December 2023, 02:46 AM
Post #20
Group icon
I'm not asleep, my mind is alive.
Pronouns: she/her
User: 1,454

QUOTE(conorw @ Nov 30 2023, 06:10 PM) *
make your predictions for what the #1 will be!

All Too Well (10 Minute Version) (Taylor's Version)

+Quote this post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 27th April 2024, 11:26 AM