BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
> 
4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Dancing On Ice // Series 12
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Jordanlee
post 13th January 2020, 09:12 AM
Post #21
Group icon
Jord
User: 27,116

I wouldn’t be too shocked at H being an early exit.

I get he’s making history but he’s just so irritating personality wise and I think he could grate on people. Plus the novelty of the same sex thing will wear off a few performances. I get why he’s important to the show but I’m gutted of all the people to get a same sex partner first it’s him.

Lisa could go far! She’s from corrie and she’s good too. Based off one performance alone she seems better than Jane and Brooke. The standard in Brookes year though wasn’t that high she made the final but she wasn’t that great at skating had she been in this season she’d have really struggled. I hope Caprice isn’t a bit of a skate off queen but I could potentially see that happening! Next week will be interesting where they’re all skating in the same week.

This post has been edited by Jordan Lee: 13th January 2020, 09:15 AM
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
JackTheeStallion
post 13th January 2020, 09:22 AM
Post #22
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 223

Being the same sex as someone for this isn't a 'novelty' lol, what a weird thing to say!

+Quote this post
Jordanlee
post 13th January 2020, 10:24 AM
Post #23
Group icon
Jord

But they can only go on about it being historic for so long. Like it’s literally normal for a same sex couple to be on the show the more it’s mentioned the more annoying it gets. I know what I mean like the novelty of it being different for the show etc will only stay for so long. You always pick some fault in what I say no matter what the topic is or who or what we are talking about it’s laughable.

This post has been edited by Jordan Lee: 13th January 2020, 10:27 AM

+Quote this post
JackTheeStallion
post 13th January 2020, 10:30 AM
Post #24
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 223

Because you keep on making really weird comments - backing up Camila's racist past, having issue with how Sam Smith identifies, now saying a same sex couple on DOI is 'novelty' and 'annoying'. It all reads as very ignorant and when you are called out on it you get very defensive, rather than acknowledging it. But yeah, sure, me calling you out is 'laughable', okay.

+Quote this post
ElectroBoy
post 13th January 2020, 11:47 AM
Post #25
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 3,002

I actually agree with you Jordan - for the vast number of people having a token same-sex couple would be deemed as a novelty.

And lets be honest DOI have only done it for the novelty factor rather than trying to be progressive in any way. Its basically ITV's stunt for this series - like casting Gemma Collins last year. To create a buzz and a talking point.

And yes that is a sh!te thing to say, but until its normalised and stopped being a 1 token couple and being made a thing (by the show and media), it will always be thought of as a novelty for the casual viewer.

+Quote this post
Jordanlee
post 13th January 2020, 01:11 PM
Post #26
Group icon
Jord

QUOTE(ElectroBoy @ Jan 13 2020, 11:47 AM) *
I actually agree with you Jordan - for the vast number of people having a token same-sex couple would be deemed as a novelty.

And lets be honest DOI have only done it for the novelty factor rather than trying to be progressive in any way. Its basically ITV's stunt for this series - like casting Gemma Collins last year. To create a buzz and a talking point.

And yes that is a sh!te thing to say, but until its normalised and stopped being a 1 token couple and being made a thing (by the show and media), it will always be thought of as a novelty for the casual viewer.

That’s exactly how I tried to put my point across but I just didn’t explain it as well as you! Like it isn’t something everyone will get / understand and that’s obviously sad and not right but I do feel like the novelty of it will soon wear off and it will only get them so far. Plus that mixed with H being the first ever contestant to be in a same sex couple as well I feel will stop them from going all the way because he isn’t the most likeable of people and I can see how he rubs people up the wrong way. The more he keeps harping on it the less normal he’s making it. Like if they want it to be seen as normal they need to believe it’s normal themselves. Maybe I’m ignorant of it because of the generation I grew up in and I haven’t really experienced some of the stuff they have but it’s off putting seeing it spoken of so much.

I think some people on this site are still very unaware of like the real world and how this sites views as a whole represent a minority rather than a majority.

+Quote this post
Padamic Tension
post 19th January 2020, 04:58 PM
Post #27
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
User: 845

I agree, the more attention he makes of it the less normal he makes it, I also agree h isnt the most likeable he has always been by far my least fave member of steps, with h I have always found him to be very fake

+Quote this post
dandy*
post 19th January 2020, 06:07 PM
Post #28
Group icon
Mansonette
User: 54

Why has Caprice and her partner split? How weird and there’s nothing online!

+Quote this post
Jordanlee
post 19th January 2020, 07:16 PM
Post #29
Group icon
Jord

I’m dying to know what’s went on!

Caprice seemed like a massive fan of him last week as well.

However going forward I’m feeling this will perhaps put people off voting for Caprice next week? Obviously we don’t know what’s gone on but Hamish comes across as one of the nicer pros so I don’t think it’s something he decided. On other shows Caprice has done (I don’t know if it’s just the edit) but she’s come across as hard working but hard work and a someone who can be a diva.

This post has been edited by Jordan Lee: 19th January 2020, 07:23 PM

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 20th January 2020, 12:26 AM
Post #30
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
User: 10,139

I feel like they must have fell out, if one or the other was injured they'd have said, plus Hamish is still part of the professional line-up, I assume Caprice will have one of the eliminated male pros next week but I'd not be surprised if she was out pretty soon despite being very good.

+Quote this post
Jordanlee
post 21st January 2020, 12:23 AM
Post #31
Group icon
Jord

Is there still nothing on Caprice gate?

Rumours on twitter seem to think it’s because her husband was jealous.

+Quote this post
Jordanlee
post 21st January 2020, 12:27 AM
Post #32
Group icon
Jord

But The Sun has posted this

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/10779...ate-each-other/

+Quote this post
Padamic Tension
post 21st January 2020, 12:42 AM
Post #33
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
User: 845

Kinda expected it to be this.

+Quote this post
Jordanlee
post 21st January 2020, 12:45 AM
Post #34
Group icon
Jord

Has anyone on this ever had a partner swap before what wasn’t anything to do with illness / injury? Like to just demand you aren’t skating with them again yikes.

This will seriously impact her public vote even if what the press is saying is total trash. Half expecting a staged Pamela Anderson style exit for her this week now where she falls over in the skate off to get herself sent home.

This post has been edited by Jordan Lee: 21st January 2020, 12:48 AM

+Quote this post
J❄️hq
post 21st January 2020, 07:56 AM
Post #35
Group icon
my anxiety attacks
Pronouns: he/him
User: 8,674

Hamish must’ve been spoilt last year by having Saara, the most dedicated, hard working person on the planet x

+Quote this post
Adam
post 21st January 2020, 05:29 PM
Post #36
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 4,682

As a huge fan of Saara, I grew to love Hamish, he still even turns up at her gigs. It's hard to feel like he was the problem.

+Quote this post
pippa
post 21st January 2020, 09:14 PM
Post #37
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 14,031

I would say the problem lay with Caprice and not with Hamish at all.

+Quote this post
Jordanlee
post 26th January 2020, 08:04 PM
Post #38
Group icon
Jord

Yikes.

Twitter is gonna kick off at that skate off result although I seen it coming to be fair.

Caprice was so good in her skate with Hamish but tonight it felt like she’d actually regressed.

Some strong contestants this year though. I think the final 5 will be Perri, Lisa, Libby, H and Joe.

Poor Radzi though he really tried and didn’t make any mistakes in that stake off but I knew they’d keep the talking point of the show over him she’d have had to have literally fallen flat on her face for her to not go through.

+Quote this post
Billy.
post 26th January 2020, 09:06 PM
Post #39
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 10,095

Maura needs to get her shit together ASAP

+Quote this post
Jordanlee
post 28th January 2020, 07:40 PM
Post #40
Group icon
Jord

Saara speaking out in support of Hamish!

I’m still wondering if we’ll ever hear of what went on with Caprice.

Caprice is so just gonna be in the skate off consecutively till she goes though. She’ll need to get to 3rd (at least) on the leaderboard to try and avoid it.

This post has been edited by Jordan Lee: 28th January 2020, 07:42 PM

+Quote this post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 26th April 2024, 07:26 PM